users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » PS3 For XIV
PS3 For XIV
 Sylph.Tearsofblood
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Tearsofblood 2014-02-07 10:29:07
Link | Citer | R

Simple thing really looking at buying a ps3 so i can play XIV as i can't afford to upgrade my pc for it at the moment.

For i ps3 i'm looking round £120-£150 depending what i go for.

Anyone got anything to say about playing it on the ps3 such as there experiences?
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-02-07 10:37:36
Link | Citer | R

I played 14 pretty solid for a few months on ps3. you get a little laggy in fates sometimes, but I'm sure if I'd have dicked with the settings some more I could have gotten rid of that.

no real complaints from me. ps4 version in april or so though, I think.
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2014-02-16 03:12:02
Link | Citer | R

I play on PC and ps3... I find running around spamming moves is easier on ps3, but you'll have less moves to macro in your action bar.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-02-16 03:28:29
Link | Citer | R

Everyone will judge you when you take noticeably longer to load in an instance.
By Voren 2014-02-16 03:42:26
Link | Citer | R

I played on PS3 as well as several of my friends. You can make macros, but I'd only recommend doing so with the DPS rotations and really only using it if soloing as you often don't want to miss hitting another ability while your macro is going off.

The controls are pretty well mapped. One thing you really want to do is have an HDTV and use a HDMI cable to connect the ps3 to your tv. When I used the red/yellow/white cables the HUD display would reset after I logged out each time and I'd have to spend 5-10 minutes each day just redoing it, and god forbid if you d/c on a run only to log back in with a screwed up HUD, it just makes you more irritated.

I've been told tanking is more fluid on PC, but I pretty much only leveled PLD and never had a problem with tanking (imo dps is kinda boring, stand by mob, hit buttons, dodge attacks, derp around). Healing jobs may also be a lot easier on pc, but if you get a wireless keyboard and mouse and connect to the ps3 you're doing about the same thing really considering the ps3 version also has a curser feature built in (press L1 bumper and click right thumbstick).

Also, there's not a fee for playing online on the ps3, ps4 is pay to play from what I've read.

As Mosin said you'll have some issues with the ps3 freezing in FATEs where people get spam happy with aoe nukes (mainly whm's holy and blm's blizzard II), but other than that there's not a lot of issues with it freezing.
 Asura.Finbar
Serveur: Asura
user: Finbar
By Asura.Finbar 2014-03-03 00:50:14
Link | Citer | R

Get a SSD. It's not even optional.

My only big complaint, besides how much worse it looks than PC (I have a PC that can play it on maxed settings at 60 fps), is no keyboard hotbar. Once you get used to the controller, it's not a huge hindrance, but it's objectively slower than using a keyboard - especially a keyboard/pad with extra keys.

But seriously, get a SSD. The load times are atrocious without one, including a delay in AoE's displaying which makes them even harder to avoid.