Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 97 98 99 ... 153 154 155
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2018-08-22 13:49:46
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Divx said: »
hey guys have 1 file gearswap for sam return in game and want work for sam now

hi i attractive lady looking for no strings contact me ok see you soon
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-08-22 16:12:23
Link | Citer | R

Send bewbs... send vegan
[+]
 Shiva.Happymadison
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Happymadison 2018-08-23 19:21:45
Link | Citer | R

good enough to beat flamma?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-08-25 20:10:14
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I use Sylvie. I used her for DRG, DRK, and now MNK soloing Apex pretty much fulltime. She has light-years better MP efficiency than any other non UC mage (minus Shantotto II), but she's heavily hindered behind Cure4. She is not the best self-healer, but if you use KoH and possible Joachim, she gets the job done for apex. She is quick about removing debuffs on you first, and she always stands in range, so Geomancy always takes effect.

Honestly, when I look back at it, there isn't much Apururu/Yoran have done for me in the past that Sylvie+KoH couldn't do. Perhaps soloing D~VD HTBF where you need the extra firepower, but for Apex, Sylvie is generally the best option for a DPS IMO. For SAM specifically, you can 4-step or spam Jinpu to heaven if Qultada is using Chaos/Fighters and Sylvie is using Frailty/Fury. Keep in mind her Frailty is entrusted, but you can cheese it by recasting her every 5~8minutes or so if you want. But for Apex which die in 15 seconds anyways, she's really efficient for a heavy-hitting DD.

For my MNK, the kills are much slower than SAM for sure, but it has high counter to fall back on, so I never notice the lack of curing at all. As long as you're not linking 3+ monsters at once and have horrible kill speed, Sylvie is going to improve your fights a good bit.

One small anecdote about Sylvie is that her spell list pattern is very small, so she usually will cast Haste 1 immediately at the start of battle. If you're using Arciela1 this won't matter much because she'll always overwrite haste 1, but if you use KoH like myself, KoH will never replace Haste1 with his Haste2, which is kind of annoying. So you have to get used to cancelling her haste in favor of 2, if you're using both.
I see, that's what I understood on paper.

Unfortunately I don't kill mobs that fast, granted I haven't tried the SC advised above but I hardly see myself killing that fast if I follow it. I'll try after I'm done with Omen.
I don't take crazy amount of damage but still clearly too much.

I don't have King of Hearts, unfortunately. As it is, I usually run Ulmia, Koru, Qultada, Joachim and Kupipi (changed to Sylvie earlier but haven't unlocked her yet).

I may be missing some WS gear to make things that much efficient, hopefully I get that soon.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-25 20:31:55
Link | Citer | R

I think joachim+koru caps magic haste assuming he uses March and you get haste 2, so ulmia may not be worth using with that combination. In either event, shantotto adds a bunch of damage to skill chains
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-08-25 22:30:43
Link | Citer | R

I was so focused on the SC that I didn't pay attention to Shantotto being able to MB. This should be much faster, I'm gonna finish eating and go out to try this out. Hopefully I unlock Sylvie soon.
 Shiva.Cahota
Serveur: Shiva
user: cahota420
By Shiva.Cahota 2018-08-25 22:31:35
Link | Citer | R

shantotto also great at messing up multi step SC.
but honestly good jinpu set + cor / geo 2-3 step apex easily for apex spam.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-08-25 22:36:41
Link | Citer | R

Didn't think Jinpu spam would be viable at this point.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-26 00:04:07
Link | Citer | R

Jinpu works if you have a good set but honestly a good 4 step double light with shantotto kills everything
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-08-26 00:14:38
Link | Citer | R

Well, I tried Koru, Joachim, Shantotto II, Qultada, Kupipi. Fudo > Kasha > Shoha > Fudo.
I also tried Jinpu but it was noticeably slower.

Worked like a charm, was really fast, good surprise. I just unlocked Sylvie when I had to leave, I'll try with Sylvie instead of Kupipi in a few but I'm already pretty happy with this pace.

Thanks for the tips.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-26 00:25:40
Link | Citer | R

You're welcome.

For sure, replace Kupipi with Sylvie. She's light-years better for SAM, and she won't be doing any amazing healing anyways. Sylvie will give you a huge attack boost and entrust you frailty occasionally when it's up as well, plus will cure4 and remove status ailments as soon as they are up. Only drawback of sylvie is she will cast haste1, which may interrupt koru/koh casting haste2 on you.

Also, she only have access to Cure4, so any large amounts of damage means her healing will be slower. But she has Nott, so she'll never ever run out of MP, except for times where you're taking so much damage that she can't do anything but spam cure4 for several minutes.

Good luck.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-08-26 01:48:08
Link | Citer | R

Koru overwrites Haste with Haste II thankfully (and Phalanx, too, unfortunately this time). Should be all good with this setup.
 Asura.Geriond
Serveur: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-08-26 09:09:30
Link | Citer | R

Hmm? He's never done so with me, which is a problem when using him and Ygnas together.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2018-08-26 09:48:06
Link | Citer | R

That's why you use Arciela. She will overwrite haste, and gives a refresh sphere with Ygnas.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-08-26 10:09:36
Link | Citer | R

On the stuff I generally need Ygnas on, having as few melee trusts as possible to reduce AoE damage and TP feed is essential, and she's pretty unreliable with the enfeebles.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-08-26 20:13:33
Link | Citer | R

I dropped Qultada for Ulmia in the end. I take too much damage, which means that Joachim is unable to keep March up. When March isn't up, SCing reliably becomes an issue.

Also there is something I don't understand, I guess it's Ulmia, she insists on giving me Madrigal. I switched from Masamune to Amano and ate sushi in hope I could force her to drop Madrigal but no, she still uses it.
I don't have stellar gear/acc but I'm fairly sure I'm high enough that the AI would default to Minuet or double march instead.

But anyway, having those two BRDs allows Koru to heal quite a bit with his double/triple Ballad, though if I pull non stop I end up dying eventually from Koru running out of MP (usually chain 21-25). I guess this will solve itself once I reach Su3 (though dying allows to dump points and receive useful bonuses so far so I'm not even complaining).
 Phoenix.Uzugami
Serveur: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2018-08-26 22:17:26
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Also there is something I don't understand, I guess it's Ulmia, she insists on giving me Madrigal. I switched from Masamune to Amano and ate sushi in hope I could force her to drop Madrigal but no, she still uses it.
I don't have stellar gear/acc but I'm fairly sure I'm high enough that the AI would default to Minuet or double march instead.

The bards interact weirdly with each other. They'll use songs they normally wouldn't because they see a song effect up and it just assumes it's that song or something so they move onto the next one.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-08-27 03:28:41
Link | Citer | R

I see. When I do fodder content on the same job and check songs, I usually see Ballad, Minuet, March, March. Only on Apex did I notice a difference. But I may not have paid enough attention before and taken the Minuet for granted.
 Sylph.Citrelautame
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2018-09-09 04:12:54
Link | Citer | R

I'm just curious, does everyone still use af+3 hands when capped magic haste, I feel like relic or a decent aug'd val would win over them rather easy. Or are the used to maintain the X-hit? sorry i have a very well geared koga sam and don't use zan/hasso build, will more than likely be finally giving in and building masa or doji after update (whichever wins after augs!)

Also I am not sure what the Required store tp is on zan/hasso masa build as I don't rely on zanshin procs for my build and the delay difference.

Ty
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-09-09 05:44:30
Link | Citer | R

You aren't haste capped unless you're either using 1 piece of +Hasso gear, are getting Hasta Samba, or are using Last Resort.
[+]
 Sylph.Citrelautame
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2018-09-09 12:43:05
Link | Citer | R

Ya wasn't sure if the 1.25% was worth it that's all your gaining in capped haste from magic/equipment
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2018-09-09 13:09:23
Link | Citer | R

Haste becomes more powerful as you get closer to the cap. Also ignoring the 7 STP and high amounts of Accuracy.
[+]
 Sylph.Citrelautame
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2018-09-09 13:20:37
Link | Citer | R

Is the store tp needed for xhit on mada? Im not sure how much store tp is needed for masa
 Asura.Sirtaint
user: Taint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-09-09 13:28:57
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Citrelautame said: »
Is the store tp needed for xhit on mada? Im not sure how much store tp is needed for masa

SAM TP gain is so fast it’s all about maximum over TP. All our WSs scale so you pile on zanhasso and stp for your basic set.

Kenda for meva,ma and acc.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-09-09 13:50:50
Link | Citer | R

x-hit builds only really become relevant when you need to wear more defensive gear.
By zaxtiss 2018-09-10 15:56:19
Link | Citer | R

hey all,

the sets on front page for DT sets seem out of date anyone got some updated DT sets?
First Page 2 3 ... 97 98 99 ... 153 154 155