Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 86 87 88 ... 153 154 155
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-04-06 13:12:40
Link | Citer | R

It is so quiet in this thread!

Following up with more thoughts on SAM vs RUN in DD TP sets, I wanted to add what the runes are adding to the RUN's Magic Evasion:
1 rune = 32
With 20/20 job points = 52
With 5/5 merits = 42
With 20/20 and 5/5 = 62

So, yeah, with Kendatsuba +1 body and legs, the SAM would be 16ish or less ahead of a DD RUN in a single element, before the JA's the RUN brings to the table for itself and the PT it is in (likely including the SAM).
If the RUN adds additional runes of the same element, it'll pull ahead, but likely be matched by the SAM adding more Kendatsuba.
[+]
By Foxfire 2018-04-06 13:44:42
Link | Citer | R

not everyone can afford ken+1, BiS TP set depends largely on the situation (e.g. can i go without the ken gear)
chosen augment as well, for that matter - maybe you benefit more from meva than status resist at a given time.

this game is all about ifs, so just pick whatever you prefer
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Serveur: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-04-06 13:49:01
Link | Citer | R

Personally for albumen/woc, or any mobs that debuff/enfeeble you I'd recommend kenda, if not hq no biggie. I rock nq on my characters sam
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-04-06 13:49:44
Link | Citer | R

For NQ, you can just subtract 10 per piece. It's still quite good and even though max damage output may be a bit higher in sets that don't include it (particularly for Masamune), 2/5 and even 3/5 or 4/5 Kendatsuba sets are highly practical for the benefit they give when considering the relatively minor DPS loss.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-04-06 17:27:49
Link | Citer | R

yeah it's not nearly as large a loss of dps as one might think, especially for doji
 Asura.Geriond
Serveur: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-04-06 18:56:50
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »

Following up with more thoughts on SAM vs RUN in DD TP sets, I wanted to add what the runes are adding to the RUN's Magic Evasion:
1 rune = 32
With 5/5 merits = 42
With 20/20 and 5/5 = 62

So, yeah, with Kendatsuba +1 body and legs, the SAM would be 16ish or less ahead of a DD RUN in a single element, before the JA's the RUN brings to the table for itself and the PT it is in (likely including the SAM).
If the RUN adds additional runes of the same element, it'll pull ahead, but likely be matched by the SAM adding more Kendatsuba.
Is that including the large amounts of MEVA gifts that RUN gets?
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-04-06 19:14:33
Link | Citer | R

SAM, from Gifts, gets an additional 26 Magic Evasion.

RUN, from the Tenacity trait, gets an additional ailment resistance of 15%.
RUN, from Gifts, gets an additional 70 Magic Evasion.

So, even without any JAs, RUN will be quite a bit ahead of other jobs in a straight DD set naked.
Tanking, a RUN might be wearing any combination of gear with Resistance to all status ailments and Resist all elements.

I'm not saying you are incorrect. Status resistance +10 may very well be the best option.
It all depends on where the player's Magic Evasion lies in comparison to the enemy's Magic Accuracy.

Quick and dirty edit for more information:
A SAM can catch up to or even surpass a DD RUN's Magic Evasion, though, which is why I recommend doing a more detailed comparison for oneself.
For example:
Kendatsuba samue +1 has Magic Evasion 117
Kendatsuba hakama +1 has Magic Evasion 139

Adhemar jacket +1 has Magic Evasion 69
Samnuha tights have Magic Evasion 75

The difference between these two pieces puts the SAM ahead by 112. Even accounting for the difference in Gifts, the SAM is ahead by 68.
Depending on the other gear in each player's sets, either one might come ahead, and you can choose a 5th cape augment accordingly.

1 rune = 32
With 5/5 merits = 42
With 20/20 and 5/5 = 62

If i did the math correctly, then yes. But that isn't a guarantee...
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2018-04-09 15:04:17
Link | Citer | R

They stack but at capped (and even slightly under) gear/magic haste, the additional +Hasso from the boots doesn't matter.
By tyalangan 2018-04-09 15:37:32
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
+Hasso from the boots doesn't matter.

I thought it was just that other options outplay the AF feet whereas equal options are not available on hands to beat the Hasso on AF hands. Like the zanhasso ryu feet (OAT11%) and flamma feet (DA,STP) beat haste+2 on feet. We may be saying the same thing, though.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-04-09 15:50:08
Link | Citer | R

They stack but at capped (and even slightly under) gear/magic haste, the additional +Hasso from the boots doesn't matter.

Are you sure about this? I vaguely remember testing way back when (before AF +2/3) that showed that only highest +Hasso worked, so Empy legs were used instead of AF hands for your Hasso build.

Again, this is just a vague recollection, but its pretty prominent in my mind.

Edit:
I'm not misremembering, but also no confirmation as far as I'm concerned.

Here's a link to discussion where it says that bonus from Wakido Hands +1 and Unkai Legs +2 didn't stack but intimates that Kasuga Legs +1 do stack with Wakido.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/50068/does-hasso-gear-stack-now/

Other links that I googled go to ffxiclopedia, which I try not to actually browse to anymore as it for some reason always coincides with a pol disconnect.
 Leviathan.Windowpane
By Leviathan.Windowpane 2018-04-10 05:43:40
Link | Citer | R

What's everyone getting with Resin on their capes? Specifically their main TP cape. I imagine MEva makes sense, but I am in the process of making a MEva cape anyway so I'm debating doing Parry rate or something.

Also, I still have been rolling with this as my ideal set as Masa SAM Master:

ItemSet 355944

Is this wrong?
By Foxfire 2018-04-10 07:01:14
Link | Citer | R

Cape options, I think, are mainly meva/ailment res/dt,

and option 3 only if you can free up something more useful on other slots.

Parry rate sounds interesting but I would guess it's only really noticeable if you're, for some reason, tanking the mob often? I don't see any other worthwhile scenario offhand

i'm also super sleepy, and my word ain't law, so take that as you will

edit: your tp set looks fine, afaik
I think you could switch boots for flamma, but i'm not running the sim right now to give you a proper comparison
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2018-04-10 10:45:02
Link | Citer | R

I can't see me choosing anything other than status resist. 5 DT is irrelevant in isolation and I can double it up with my current hybrid set which already has a ***ton of M. Eva and 11 status resist from Staunch +1. I need to figure out where to get 3 stp to maintain 4 hit though... Maybe swap Kend head for Flamma +2
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-04-10 11:14:27
Link | Citer | R

Idk, I personally pull hate at some point every time I run a DD, I find the DT Augment to be very appealing. Added protection from stray AoEs, Turns your favorite TP Cape into the perfect Hybrid Cape... idk, I love the DT Augment (just my opinion)
By Malaketth 2018-04-10 11:54:30
Link | Citer | R

I feel like the -dt is just going to get more use overall in a primary tp cape and maybe the resist option for those times when doing something like Albumen/WoC. I agree with the pulling hate every fight is more likely to kill me and destroy dps than the few fights where status ailments are an issue. As with everything in the game its too situational.

-5DT by itself aint much but its essentially free to the current TP/WS capes anyways. If i'm concerned about status resists its going to take more than one cape swap anyways.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2018-04-10 12:04:22
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
I can't see me choosing anything other than status resist. 5 DT is irrelevant in isolation and I can double it up with my current hybrid set which already has a ***ton of M. Eva and 11 status resist from Staunch +1. I need to figure out where to get 3 stp to maintain 4 hit though... Maybe swap Kend head for Flamma +2

Switching in Flamma in order to use Smertrios's Mantle would be 2 steps forward, three steps back- the meva difference from Kend+1 to Flamma+3 is 48- i.e. greater than what even a full meva mantle would grant.

Kentarch +1 is probably the best option.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-04-10 14:44:08
Link | Citer | R

Also ryou +1 legs path D, or dedition/telos earrings for stp options
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2018-04-10 14:49:02
Link | Citer | R

I assume he already uses both those earrings, and again, changing visible armor slots (the leg slot would actually be worse in this regard) would undermine the purpose of switching mantles.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-04-10 14:56:53
Link | Citer | R

I assume he already uses both those earrings, and again, changing visible armor slots (the leg slot would actually be worse in this regard) would undermine the purpose of switching mantles.

In terms of meva for sure, i haven't mathed out his xhit, and not sure if the set has changed since original post just seen someone mention something about needing a few more stp to maintain 4hit is all unless they were referring to their own post.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2018-04-10 15:02:30
Link | Citer | R

Right. I forgot STP belts exist. Although I may swap Niqmaddu for another STP ring since it'd be a lower net loss of multistrikes.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2018-04-10 15:05:24
Link | Citer | R

He needs 3 (like is mentioned in the post I'm replying to) and I have a pretty good idea of what's being used based on context.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2018-04-10 15:09:08
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 352473

For reference. Either I can swap Niqmaddu for Petrov or Windbuffet +1 for Kentarch (+1).

The former makes more sense to me.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-04-10 15:16:12
Link | Citer | R

unless you don't have +3 relic body, that should already be a 4 hit

kentarch would be a better swap, though.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2018-04-10 15:22:17
Link | Citer | R

I don't cause I just came back from a break but that's a good point to take into consideration.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2018-04-18 22:59:08
Link | Citer | R

Quick question, I noticed the Fudo/Kaiten sets on the main page don't favour Double Attack at all, while the Shoha sets do. Why is that? Trying to learn how to gear SAM in 2018 and I'm a little lost.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-04-18 23:10:07
Link | Citer | R

high ftp single hit vs low ftp multi hit. and those sets are way out of date
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2018-04-19 02:13:19
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »
high ftp single hit vs low ftp multi hit. and those sets are way out of date

Is there something more modern out there I can follow? Something with mid-range sets as well to keep me covered until I try all these new endgame events.

Also one more question. What’s the WS situation for SAM in 2018? When should I rely on Shoha and when should I rely on Fudo?
Edit: I have an Amano so the Fudo AM is irrelevant to me.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-04-19 08:22:12
Link | Citer | R

Sets don't really change between GKT that much on sam. About the only thing to consider is the delay of your GKT and how much Zanhasso you're going for.

You're asking for mid-range sets. Do you have access to Valorous Gear? Any endgame WS set is going to revolve around some valorous gear with WSD augments. Do you have access to omen and it's related midboss gear?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-04-19 09:12:42
Link | Citer | R

I'm going to go ahead and make a few assumptions about what you have access to. I'm going to assume at least ambuscade hallmarks, T2 Escha Ru'aun. Possibly Delve. And a few Reisenjima T1s (Valorous Mask is pretty easy, if the others aren't). Here is more or less what I started with.

Starter TP:
ItemSet 358379

Augments:
Cibitshavore: 12 STR racc 7 STP path. This is from delve, its excellent until you have access to some of the good ammos for SAM.
Smertrios: 20 DEX 20 acc/atk 10 DA or 10 STP depending on what you need. (Up either DEX or acc to 30 later)
Ryuo Hakama: Path D gives acc and STP
Ryuo Sune-Ate: Path A or B (acc) or path C (STP)

Alternatives:
Grip: bloodrain strap/nepenthe grip
Ammo: Ginsen (acc/STP) or Paeapua (TA) can be good
Ears: brutal earring/cessance earring/telos earring/dignitary's earring, theres a lot of alternatives
Body: AF+2 is good, Ryuo is good, but Kasuga Domaru +1 is probably BiS right now.
Rings: Lots of options, I like K'ayres because of the HP that comes with the STP.
Back: takaha mantle if you get a +Zanshin augment on it is good.
Feet: flamma gambieras +1 if you don't do Ryuo.

Required:
Wakido Kote +2: This is a must, the +3 Hasso is really good, on top of good acc and STP

Starter WS:
ItemSet 358380

Augments:
Cibitshavore: Same as above, it's locked in place if you're using it.
Valorous Mask: whatever you can get of +WSD, +acc, +STR in that order imo. Goal of 10 STR 30+ acc 5% WSD (fern) or 15 STR 30+ acc 4% WSD (taupe). Atk is nice, but much less important than other stats. I included this one because it's significantly easier to get than other valorous pieces.
Smertrios: 20 STR 20 acc/atk 10 WSD (up STR to 30 later)

Alternatives:
For starter set, there aren't a ton of alternatives here that aren't starting to get into more mid-range/endgame sets.
Hizamaru Mask +1 instead of Valorous Mask until you get one.
Hizamaru -> Flamma Set if you want STP, which might be better than what I've got there now. You lose a lot of attack though.

Required:
Again, nothing here is really "required" for the starter build. Almost all of this is going to be replaced eventually except for Smertrios

Goal: Enough STP in this build to give your TP build specific TP/hit. This set is really light on STP. Expect (0 JP) 180 TP return from WS or 193 if you have aftermath from Amano.

With this build, you need 83 STP for a 4-hit (WS + 3 hits). With 10 STP on smertrios and STP Ryuo you've got 75. So 4-hit isn't viable unless you're using Kaiten for aftermath. or you keep your STP in your ring slots probably.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 86 87 88 ... 153 154 155