Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 155 156 157
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-05-07 09:47:48
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
I said above that I made the magian TP bonus gkt for it, so every WS was at least 2250 minimum effective TP for my Ullr. Was also in attack starved situation with only cor, no brd, so the 2x attack bonus on Empyreal did a lot of work.

Sorry if I missed that, also damn, now I need to make a Magian GK.

I don't know that you do... The last time I used it was when v15 Odyssey was a thing. I've used it maybe a handful of times in some low man RP strats, but if I'm being honest, I wouldn't go out and make the gear for it for just farming RP.

I did it because we were trying to kill more than 1 NM in a charge farm.
By deathsv 2024-05-18 13:00:19
Link | Citer | R

I am noob, sorry for potentially silly question. In regards to meditate duration: do all these items stack for an omega 28 seconds of meditation or is the thought of that possibility just absurd?

Wakido Kabuto +3: Extends duration approximately 8 seconds
Sakonji Kote +3: Extends duration approximately 12 seconds
Smertrios's Mantle: Extends duration approximately 8 seconds
By Nariont 2024-05-18 13:34:22
Link | Citer | R

They stack
[+]
By Ninjaxtasy 2024-05-20 00:57:48
Link | Citer | R

What skill chains are used for Tachi: Mumei? Can't find this anywhere..
By Taint 2024-05-20 06:15:09
Link | Citer | R

Ageha - Mumei - Mumei - Mumei
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-20 11:02:18
Link | Citer | R

All the 'good' options (for solo SC on WS walls etc):

Ageha -> Jinpu/Yukikaze/Mumei -> Kasha/Shoha/Mumei -> Fudo/Mumei

And for the truly sweaty:

Mumei -> Kasha -> Shoha -> Fudo -> Kasha -> Rana -> Mumei
[+]
By Dodik 2024-05-20 11:41:38
Link | Citer | R

There's tons. Have fun with it and try them out.

Can also close (double) light by going through Mumei (Gravitation) -> (Fragmentation) -> Light -> Light.

Eg Ageha - Mumei - Mumei - Shoha - Kasha - Fudo.

Only issue is there's no way to avoid gravitation if you want to use Mumei in a chain and also close light, for things that absorb dark for example.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2024-06-09 12:46:13
Link | Citer | R

I said above that I made the magian TP bonus gkt for it, so every WS was at least 2250 minimum effective TP for my Ullr. Was also in attack starved situation with only cor, no brd, so the 2x attack bonus on Empyreal did a lot of work.

I don't know that you do... The last time I used it was when v15 Odyssey was a thing. I've used it maybe a handful of times in some low man RP strats, but if I'm being honest, I wouldn't go out and make the gear for it for just farming RP.

It's been awhile but. Has anyone ever tested if Kunimune +1's TP Bonus +500 augment works for Archery?

I might make one for science. I just figured TP Bonus obtained through an augment might be similar to the Magian augments.
By Nariont 2024-06-09 13:14:18
Link | Citer | R

It'd match up with things like ikenga's working on OH, think so long as its augmented TP bonus itll work regardless of where its at
By fillerbunny9 2024-06-09 19:25:25
Link | Citer | R

It's been awhile but. Has anyone ever tested if Kunimune +1's TP Bonus +500 augment works for Archery?

I might make one for science. I just figured TP Bonus obtained through an augment might be similar to the Magian augments.

Accipiter and Ataktos both work for melee Weaponskills for their respective jobs, Augmented 'TP bonus' just seems to function that way.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2024-06-10 18:04:17
Link | Citer | R

fillerbunny9 said: »

Accipiter and Ataktos both work for melee Weaponskills for their respective jobs, Augmented 'TP bonus' just seems to function that way.

Thanks, Havent made it yet. But I will report back.

Also it looks like SU5 Path B, and Zanhasso don't play nice. Is Zanhasso technically a follow up attack?
By Taeketsu 2024-06-10 18:22:19
Link | Citer | R

Would you make a Masamune in 2024 if I have a Doji? Don't play enough to make meaningful progress towards a Prime weapon, still got Empy+2/+3 for all my jobs to get first too. Wondering if its worth the time investment
By K123 2024-06-10 18:38:15
Link | Citer | R

Taeketsu said: »
Would you make a Masamune in 2024 if I have a Doji? Don't play enough to make meaningful progress towards a Prime weapon, still got Empy+2/+3 for all my jobs to get first too. Wondering if its worth the time investment
I made one a couple of years ago. I much prefer Doji almost always, well basically always. Masa is needed to avoid bad sc on Sortie boss E if with noobs that don't let you solo it with Doji.

Possibly B/F C/G too but you can use Polearm or work on Prime.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2024-06-10 18:46:14
Link | Citer | R

I've been using a
K123 said: »
I made one a couple of years ago. I much prefer Doji almost always, well basically always. Masa is needed to avoid bad sc on Sortie boss E if with noobs that don't let you solo it with Doji.

Possibly B/F C/G too but you can use Polearm or work on Prime.

I ended up R15ing my Doji, It's served me well. I'm working on Masa but it isn't really a priority.

I would still make both honestly.
 Asura.Bippin
Serveur: Asura
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2024-06-10 19:30:40
Link | Citer | R

If you are not making prime I would 100% make Masamune
[+]
By K123 2024-06-10 19:35:40
Link | Citer | R

For doing what though?
By Taint 2024-06-10 19:37:17
Link | Citer | R

I almost always used Masa over Doji before getting Kasunagi.

Even in Sortie once you get Stage3 Prime you’ll never use Doji again but you will still use Masamune.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-10 19:54:13
Link | Citer | R

I'm sure it's situational but I'm not really seeing the appeal of Masa, TBH. Maybe the WS calculator is broken but...

WSavg:
Doji Fudo 51622
Masa Fudo 49134

Doji Jinpu 78324
Masa Jinpu 62039

Doji Shoha 28114
Masa Shoha 25098

Doji Kasha 25365
Masa Kasha 20839

I mean, I guess you make up for some of that WS difference with white damage, but I struggle to see a lot of situations where your white damage is actually going to make a difference, plus you have to spend a 3k fudo for the AM every 3 minutes...

IDK, I already made it because I'm a moron, but I wouldn't suggest that a SAM with Doji get a Masa to improve their results, honestly.

I've suggested this before but consider that there was a merit you could get that gave the difference in the stats, and see if you would put merits in that (for free):
STP-10
TP Bonus-500
Can't make Radiance/Umbra
STR+70
Fudo damage+10%
Aftermath: ODT

Is this a good merit? Would you choose to add this to your SAM? Why? Sacrifice WSD, TP generation, and ultimate SC to...get more white damage? What if it cost you 200m gil and dozens of hours of work?
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-06-10 20:36:59
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
plus you have to spend a 3k fudo for the AM every 3 minutes...

This is such a non-issue for a SAM. Of all jobs, probably the easiest one to manage applying Mythic/Empy/Aeonic AM3. You can Meditate to full at the start of any event/fight to begin with AM3 up, and SAM's TP gain (plus Meditate being on the same 3min timer, so can use it again to make up ground and get to 3000tp in a hurry) makes it really easy to re-apply.

And I think you're really discounting the white damage. Practical situation that comes up all the time for me is something like segment farming, where it makes a real difference when you're fighting a mob with low health and maybe don't want to waste TP on a WS (but still have it die fast through white damage and have a lot of TP ready for next mob). It's pretty common to reduce an attack round to dead mob.

I have had both Masa and Doji at R15 for a long time, and rarely see Doji outparsing my Masa over time assuming same buffs/targets/party. IMO, Doji's best use case is for long multistep SCs, particularly including Radiance and/or if you're the only DD. If spamming WS or with a party and not coordinating SCs, Masa pulls more ahead.

IDK what the calculator says, but my personal experience says Doji is good but not really "best". Now, if you have Doji and don't want to bother making Masa (maybe someone working on Prime, where Masa would become obsolete once you get your stage 4 prime), might be comfortable just sticking with Doji since you're not far behind on DPS.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-10 20:51:31
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
You can Meditate to full at the start of any event/fight to begin with AM3 up, and SAM's TP gain (plus Meditate being on the same 3min timer, so can use it again to make up ground and get to 3000tp in a hurry) makes it really easy to re-apply.

Meditate is worth ~4200 TP, so both of these are wasting TP for the sake of doing a WS that would've already killed a mob instead of having 300 TP/tick regain for 40 seconds, allowing you to WS faster. Giving up one of your stronger JA to get up the AM so you can save a .25 second attack round to finish off (someone else's) mob since you're already 1-shotting everything in seg farms is...idk, it's something.

If I were a sane person with a Doji, I wouldn't make a Masa.
[+]
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-06-10 22:15:58
Link | Citer | R

Interesting takes here. Personally, My Doji sees 90% more use than Masa, but I'm sure this is content-dependent. Doji shits on Masa in w3 Jinpu spam (assuming anyone else still does dyna-d, it's a great gil-maker). It's also better imo for zerg fights that don't last very long, like aeonic NMs.

I also don't think white damage on SAM counts for much, you get very little gear to push white damage on SAM, and for a job that specializes in TP gain and weaponskilling, I think you're better off spamming as often as possible (again, content depending.)

tl;dr: Doji for damage, Masa for lockstyle.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-06-10 22:21:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »
Interesting takes here. Personally, My Doji sees 90% more use than Masa, but I'm sure this is content-dependent. Doji shits on Masa in w3 Jinpu spam (assuming anyone else still does dyna-d, it's a great gil-maker). It's also better imo for zerg fights that don't last very long, like aeonic NMs.

I also don't think white damage on SAM counts for much, you get very little gear to push white damage on SAM, and for a job that specializes in TP gain and weaponskilling, I think you're better off spamming as often as possible (again, content depending.)

Sephiroth used Masa, nuff said.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2024-06-10 22:28:57
Link | Citer | R

WSavg:
Doji Fudo 51622
Masa Fudo 49134
What TP value? I could see Doji pulling ahead for Fudo if you are WSing at 1000%, but that is not how SAM works...

Edit Just tried in the Simulator not getting Doji pulling ahead for Fudo damage even at 1000 TP.

Hybrid's is where Doji will pull ahead and is used.

plus you have to spend a 3k fudo for the AM every 3 minutes...
Do you play SAM? You don't ever wait for AM3 it just happens.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-10 23:23:25
Link | Citer | R

I closed it down but I think I had 1300-1900?

Asura.Bippin said: »
Do you play SAM? You don't ever wait for AM3 it just happens.

It happens...by spending 3k TP. If you randomly got 3k TP without WSing then...you made a mistake? IDK...
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-06-11 00:14:41
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »

***you right
[+]
By K123 2024-06-11 03:45:23
Link | Citer | R

I definitely feel it when I have to build 3k TP in Odyssey. Honestly if I could trade the masa back for the money I spent on it (I paid some mug to farm the items for me too) I would do it.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2024-06-11 07:32:17
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »

Isn't that the Momma's boy who failed to destroy the world, yet a circus clown was able to do it while becoming god? :P

Shots fired.its a joke.

Why did they make Cyans ultimate weapon a 1 DMG login item?
[+]
By Taint 2024-06-11 07:52:30
Link | Citer | R

Doji's 500tp bonus gets wasted often when multi-stepping, espeically when trying to do extended windows for MB. It just got worse with Mpaca head.

Doji is great for Hybrid spamming.

Fudo > Fudo is strong and favors Masa. AM3 is extremely easy to maintain, don't let anyone say otherwise.

Ejiin did some great comparisons when R15 was first released.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-06-11 07:57:50
Link | Citer | R

Masa is of course the better physical GK between aeonic and empyrean. Kusanagi is the real reason not to bother with Masamune if you have the willingness to grind a prime. Still use my Doji from time to time but my Masamune hasn't seen the light of day since finishing stage 4 Kusa
[+]
By Taint 2024-06-11 09:37:07
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Masa is of course the better physical GK between aeonic and empyrean. Kusanagi is the real reason not to bother with Masamune if you have the willingness to grind a prime. Still use my Doji from time to time but my Masamune hasn't seen the light of day since finishing stage 4 Kusa

What do you use Doji for with Kusa? I prefer Kusa for everything, even Hybrids. The extra 71 macc is a game changer on basement bosses. 99999 spam.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 155 156 157