Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 145 146 147 ... 153 154 155
By Hopalong 2023-02-15 19:47:36
Link | Citer | R

Any recommendations to solo with trusts Omen > Fu as 35 mastery Sam with Koga or Masa?
By SimonSes 2023-02-16 02:23:01
Link | Citer | R

Hopalong said: »
Any recommendations to solo with trusts Omen > Fu as 35 mastery Sam with Koga or Masa?

YouTube Video Placeholder

I would say use Koga, because Seigan/thirdeye is what keeps you alive there.
By Hopalong 2023-02-16 21:03:46
Link | Citer | R

Thanks Simon,

Hard to see what's going in the video since its in JP. Food recommendation would be Miso Sushi? Looks like got Glassy Craver so was lucky. Would be interested to know if Sam solo with trusts can deal with each type of glassy easily and best methods.

Took at least 3 tries to kill Fu, changed trusts each time. Don't see their subjob or I couldnt figure it out but I'm thinking best to /run. Can do 5+ nonessential buffs at start barstat, barelement, pro1, shell 1, regen, aquaveil etc. Valiance and Vallation will help with its magic attacks just need to not use right before Ebullient.
By Draylo 2023-02-16 21:12:34
Link | Citer | R

That video was also two years ago, so before a lot of upgrades we've gotten since. Have to also consider if it was done during a campaign that makes trusts sturdier.
By SimonSes 2023-02-17 02:02:13
Link | Citer | R

Can do 5+ nonessential buffs at start barstat, barelement, pro1, shell 1, regen, aquaveil etc. Valiance and Vallation will help with its magic attacks just need to not use right before Ebullient.

It will do it again 4 more times, so I wouldnt count on it having weak buffs to absorb. It impossible to move trusts out of range or cancel buffs on them, so it will take everything from them.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-03-02 01:26:50
Link | Citer | R

With 14 jobs I'm nowhere close to being done with all my Empy+3 armor, yet.
I'm probably doing SAM next so I went to my list and noticed I upgraded 4 pieces to +2.
Body/Legs/Hands are pretty obvious and they're all gonna be +3 pretty soon.
I'm a bit puzzled by the head and so I'm tryin to look for insight from other people.

It doesn't seem anything... spectacular? Or at least not something I should +3 before so many other key pieces on other jobs I still need to +3.

It's good for DT/Hybrid sets I guess. Decent Meva, STP+12, DT-10 and lotsa acc.
Other options being Kendatsuba+1 and Mpaca, neither have STP. Mpaca has shitty Meva (but very high MDB), PDT instead of DT, both are probably better for pure DPS but less acc than Kasuga.

That's it? Am I missing something else? Because if it's just that I don't think I'm gonna +3 head before I'm done with other items.

Also another SAM question since I'm here. Kasuga+3 hands vs Nyame R25.
I assume Kasuga wins for physical, and I also assume Nyame R25 wins for Hybrids.
I'm not sure of that during Sekkanoki though, would Kasuga+3 win on Hybrid during Sekkanoki?
 Asura.Jokes
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2023-03-02 02:55:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Other options being Kendatsuba+1 and Mpaca, neither have STP. Mpaca has shitty Meva (but very high MDB), PDT instead of DT, both are probably better for pure DPS but less acc than Kasuga.

If you are going for the typical Zanshin build, the double attack on Mpaca's head will proc ahead of Zanshin, so you probably wouldn't want to TP in that.
[+]
By Vaerix 2023-03-02 05:44:02
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 386355

This is the set me and friends have been using(edit: read: building toward) to great success even at +2 it does well. For more glass cannon-y can drop D-ring for Chirich and drop ambu cape for adoulin jse cape with +5 zan/+4stp.

The set itself feels like lightning during tp phase, oftentimes you can miss a second or 3rd step ws and still get 1k tp to continue SC without fail. And any hasso-Da is almost 3k tp in a round.

Set has *base from equipment only*
Zanshin+41 (46 glass cannon back)
Stp+91-99 (97-105 glass cannon ring)
Da+0
Ta+0 (this technically would interfere with the build because it's only equivalent round tp to a hit and followup Zanhasso hit with more chance for a single hit to miss and make it effectively the same as a miss+zanshin which is guaranteed for every miss with extra acc)
Qa+3 (this is the only multi attack proc that is equivalent to a hasso double attack, and better than a single hit+zanshin follow up..)

All in all, if you could get your accuracy to between 75/78% on targets you could essentially get even more hasso hits/procs at close to acc cap since zan picks up the extra 34 acc, and every zanshin hit is as effective as a double attack round.

Dream Aug on gloves would be 3qa/8stp imho, 8 stp is what I have because DM hates me, the set works well though.

Edit: using this set with 5/5 zanshin merits you're guaranteed a zanshin on every miss, and 20% Zanhasso follow-ups (10 from 41 zan in gear and 10 from gifts) without making many large sacrifices in survivability, the set listed can full cap mdt with 5% dt resin Aug sacrificing 6 stp. Using the glass cannon setup you could even drop the zanshin merits and pick up meditate merits if you really wanted to.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-03-02 06:51:37
Link | Citer | R

Vaerix said: »
This is the set me and friends have been using
Oh wow, you and your friends are quite lucky to all have a Sam+2 earring then!

I haven't seen not even a single +1 yet, let alone a +2
~22 +1 case
>300 nq case
[+]
By Vaerix 2023-03-02 07:56:18
Link | Citer | R

~22 +1 case
>300 nq case

LOL, sorry to mislead, it works well with the +1 earring as well lol it's only -1 stp for the set. That itemset is the eventual goal, right now I'm still working off of +2 empy and +1 earring but I lol'ed when I saw your response so thanks for the bright start to the day, kudos :-D
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-03-02 14:00:15
Link | Citer | R

~22 +1 case
>300 nq case

Dont worry Im at 35 +2 cases and I haven't seen +2 at all for any job.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-03-02 14:57:17
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »

~22 +1 case
>300 nq case

Dont worry Im at 35 +2 cases and I haven't seen +2 at all for any job.
Oh wow! Simon found out that +2 cases actually do exist! :-P
By Taint 2023-03-02 15:03:12
Link | Citer | R

~22 +1 case
>300 nq case

I'm shocked you've seen 22 +1 cases!
By Hopalong 2023-03-02 20:28:39
Link | Citer | R

The head, Kasuga Kabuto +2 was quite amazing for hybrid sets for me. Sam got lucky with its empyrean, and only the feet were not required until +3 came out and now they look pretty sweet in certain situations (I was usually never attack capped so less value before). The Sengikori bonus I've been pretty skeptical of overall usefulness but maybe I'm wrong.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2023-03-02 20:57:23
Link | Citer | R

Sengikori is one of the only terms of SC damage that isn't part of the gear term. it's pretty strong, just remember that it is used for the opening WS, not the closer, of a skill chain.
By Hopalong 2023-03-02 21:08:55
Link | Citer | R

Nice, good info.

How do you separate your opening and closing weaponskills in your lua?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2023-03-02 21:09:56
Link | Citer | R

i don't use lua

and if i did i would not write my bots into it.
By Mesias 2023-03-03 00:37:12
Link | Citer | R

Nice, good info.

How do you separate your opening and closing weaponskills in your lua?

sets.precast.JA['Sengikori'] = {feet="Kasuga Sune-Ate +3"}
sets.buff.Sengikori = {feet="Kasuga Sune-Ate +3"}

So it will equip kasuga feet for /JA activation and while the buff its active, after it wears off it will use your regular feet
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-03-03 03:18:33
Link | Citer | R

The head, Kasuga Kabuto +2 was quite amazing for hybrid sets for me.
What were you using before in your hybrid sets and how do you feel Kasuga represented an "amazing" leap forward compared to your previous options?
By Hopalong 2023-03-03 06:32:37
Link | Citer | R

Amazing (Kasuga) was the ability to change sets around after fairly static options for a long time. I believe I was using Mpaca head before.

I see Mesias, that's pretty straightforward. Thanks.
By Dodik 2023-03-03 17:08:53
Link | Citer | R

What were you using before in your hybrid sets and how do you feel Kasuga represented an "amazing" leap forward compared to your previous options?

What would you suggest instead of Kasuga helm?
By Foxfire 2023-03-04 15:13:16
Link | Citer | R

i mean, for a lot of people i'd assume their head TP options were either flamma+2 or kenda, and while kenda's a solid meva piece, it's nowhere near as defensive as kasuga head. 10dt on top of nearly as much meva as kenda lets you move things around for sure.
By Dodik 2023-03-04 16:24:43
Link | Citer | R

Exactly. While flamma is a "better" tp piece, it does not have the defensive values. Kenda is ok, but lacks DT compared to kasuga. Kasuga has both store tp and good DT.

Full timing kasuga helm is preferable to dying or taking tons of dmg because of trying to squeeze out faster TP, in what should already be very fast TP with it.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2023-03-04 16:33:03
Link | Citer | R

Totally agreed that the combo of similarly strong offensive stats and MUCH better defensive stats makes Kasuga +2/+3 an easy call. Some more subtle perks are that Kasuga has a large amount of Attack, which is very significant if you aren't capped already (and Flamma+2/Ken+1 have no Atk). Kasuga also contributes to Empy set bonus (double damage on Zanshin procs) and you're probably already using Empy body/legs - 1% increase is minor, but it's something.

Kendatsuba +1 does retain a place for Subtle Blow builds, but that's all I use it for on SAM these days (I do use it more often on NIN).
By Taint 2023-03-04 16:42:25
Link | Citer | R

This is my base set:

ItemSet 354851

DT,Meva,ACC swaps are L.Ear,Hands,Feet

SAM is easier to play than ever IMO.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2023-03-04 16:59:06
Link | Citer | R

Yup. I use almost the same thing, but (a) Schere Earring since I have not yet seen a Kasuga +1 or +2, and (b) I usually do Tatenashi for both hands and feet, but perhaps I should also consider using Ryuo/Zanhasso feet more.

When I need a bit more defense, Mpaca hands/feet.
By Foxfire 2023-03-04 16:59:54
Link | Citer | R

yeah, mine's basically the same, sans tatenashi hands because i haven't bothered getting it so i'm sitting on wakido hands still

i've gravitated away from dedition and use telos + kasuga (nq; sortie gods why must u forsake me), but given the content i'd probably also still be using it
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-03-04 17:02:24
Link | Citer | R

I prefer Moonlight Nodowa, Sweordfaetels +1 and Aurgelmir +1, but otherwise the same.
[+]
By Mesias 2023-03-05 01:43:25
Link | Citer | R

Foxfire said: »
yeah, mine's basically the same, sans tatenashi hands because i haven't bothered getting it so i'm sitting on wakido hands still

i've gravitated away from dedition and use telos + kasuga (nq; sortie gods why must u forsake me), but given the content i'd probably also still be using it

same, ive been unlucky with drop, i've been using Crepuscular earring instead, i think its a good tradeoff losing 3stp from dedition but not not lossing 20acc.

on another topic, i was re-reading sam merit decription about zanshin, i always tought it meat increased zanshin attack rate, as in literal attack value added to a zanshing swing, but somewhere it was mentioned in a way that suggested its zanshing attack rate as in activation rate. was i mistaken this whole time?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2023-03-05 01:51:14
Link | Citer | R

the merits are an increase to your chance to swing again on a missed hit, assuming no MA procced at all, has to be a single swing miss.

the zanshin-hasso swing is based on your zanshin rate, and is last or second to last on the priority, can't recall if it was before or after OAx

the gifts that increase zanshin attack are just attack on the zanshin hit.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 145 146 147 ... 153 154 155