Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 119 120 121 ... 153 154 155
 Bahamut.Nikkije
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: nikkije
By Bahamut.Nikkije 2020-01-29 15:36:34
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Bahamut.Nikkije said: »
is there really nothing better?
At capped attack, no. Uncapped attack, Prosilio +1 should be our best option.

I see, that makes sense. Thank you!
 Lakshmi.Aesyr
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Fallyn
By Lakshmi.Aesyr 2020-01-31 03:36:30
Link | Citer | R

Taint said: »
Smurfyx said: »
do people still play sam now?

SAM is in a great position especially for low man content. 5 step > Light/Radiance wrecks most mobs.

I use it to speed run Lilith E when lines are low, its not nearly as safe as MNK but its incredibly fast. People like Ejiin buff SAM to high hell and zerg Lilith VD.

What's the 5-step in question?
By SimonSes 2020-01-31 03:46:08
Link | Citer | R

Shoha > Fudo > Kasha > Shoha > Fudo
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aesyr
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Fallyn
By Lakshmi.Aesyr 2020-01-31 03:46:54
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Shoha > Fudo > Kasha > Shoha > Fudo

Thanks!
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-01-31 09:44:26
Link | Citer | R

Do people use Kenda +1 feet over Flamma if they aren't using Ryuo?

I'm wondering if I should buy those for general TP, not considering that Kenda +1 going to be BiS defensively.
 Asura.Bippin
Serveur: Asura
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-01-31 09:51:00
Link | Citer | R

Have all 3 and use them depending on acc/meva/SB needs.

Edit: Recently picked up Dagon body wondering what people using it for other then SB builds? and if people want to share their SB builds
 Asura.Darkkaze
user: Darcc
By Asura.Darkkaze 2020-01-31 10:33:07
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bippin said: »

Edit: Recently picked up Dagon body wondering what people using it for other then SB builds? and if people want to share their SB builds

I use it in my town idle set.
[+]
 Asura.Crowned
user: Crowned
By Asura.Crowned 2020-01-31 11:35:15
Link | Citer | R

Stardiver with Shining one
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2020-01-31 11:50:00
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Crowned said: »

Stardiver with Shining one
Oh yeah thank you, mind sharing your full set?
 Asura.Crowned
By Asura.Crowned 2020-01-31 11:58:01
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 371121

Ryuo hands might be slightly better than kendat hands, 5% crit dmg and higher str (10 higher with path A) vs 4 TA. Also not sure if sam neck +2 is better than fotia.

Edit: Aurgelmir Orb +1 is also possibly better than knob if attack capped
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-01-31 12:33:07
Link | Citer | R

if you're capping attack with the +2 neck for sure, then yes, it is better. in the same scenario, hq ken hands and ryuo a or d are all about equal. orb(+1) is better than knob, and thrud is about equal to brutal on average but i prefer thrud since it's carried for every other ws anyways
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2020-01-31 12:56:29
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 371121

Ryuo hands might be slightly better than kendat hands, 5% crit dmg and higher str (10 higher with path A) vs 4 TA. Also not sure if sam neck +2 is better than fotia.

Thank you

Throw together the following two sets:
Subtle blow Any weapon but SU5 GKT
ItemSet 366352
SU5 GKT Capped SB
ItemSet 366745

Any thoughts?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-01-31 13:12:14
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »
if you're capping attack with the +2 neck for sure, then yes, it is better. in the same scenario, hq ken hands and ryuo a or d are all about equal. orb(+1) is better than knob, and thrud is about equal to brutal on average but i prefer thrud since it's carried for every other ws anyways

For those without Dagon, how do the next best body options stack up?

Also, Flamma +2 hands close to the RyuoA/RyuoD/Ken+1 cluster?
 Asura.Crowned
By Asura.Crowned 2020-01-31 13:19:57
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 371121

Thank you

Throw together the following two sets:
Subtle blow Any weapon but SU5 GKT
ItemSet 366352
SU5 GKT Capped SB
ItemSet 366745

Any thoughts?

ItemSet 371123

This is the set I mainly use, assumes auspice with empy feet +1 (25 SB). Not many fights where I'd want to be using Subtle Blow but don't have a whm (Odin is the only one I can think of). Feet are path C.

ItemSet 371124

Using niqmaddu and SB ammo/belt is probably more ideal, this is just the set I threw together for Odin.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-01-31 13:30:31
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »

For those without Dagon, how do the next best body options stack up?

Also, Flamma +2 hands close to the RyuoA/RyuoD/Ken+1 cluster?
for body, ken +1 is basically equal if you're capping attack with it, but dagon has the advantage of attack for the extra insurance in that regard obviously

i closed the notepad with all the results but looking at the last output flamma would be about 2% worse than the other three
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2020-01-31 13:36:15
Link | Citer | R

Where would I find an updated spreadsheet?
 Odin.Llewelyn
Serveur: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-01-31 14:25:41
Link | Citer | R

Austar's Sims
Traditional Spreadsheet.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-01-31 14:42:17
Link | Citer | R

i never uploaded any updated version that has shining one mechanics for SAM and picking minimum TP to WS at isn't there either. i could do a quick fix that asks you what the min tp to use will be, and upload that with the shining one features at least
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-01-31 14:56:33
Link | Citer | R

and if people want to share their SB builds
With Auspice up, I actually don't have to change anything in my TP set with Su5, though some DT or M.Eva may be favorable depending on the target.
ItemSet 371126

And for WS, I just make 2 swaps (3 depending on if you weren't already WSing in Niqmaddu) to reach a total of 73 SB in WS as well.
ItemSet 370327
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-01-31 15:11:55
Link | Citer | R

the sam one should now have a lame quick fix. shining_one has two weapons because i'm lazy and would rather just make a whole new program (which I was, but never cared to finish,) than try to update this one, one is for stardiver spam and the other is for impulse spam. it will also ask for a minimum tp value if you want to ws at 2K for example as well and asks before it runs any calculations.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2020-02-01 10:54:29
Link | Citer | R

Austar's Sims
Traditional Spreadsheet.
Thank you.
Is their a quick guide for simulation?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-02-01 12:46:47
Link | Citer | R

no, what's not to get about it? everything is just a combo box, you select it just like you do in a spreadsheet. the only possible confusing stuff i can think of are like fudo set is used for fudo, kaiten and impulse, merit ws is used for shoha and stardiver and rana is for rana. all the gear is highest quality, so sam nodowa is the +2 version, valorous are all 25 acc/attack and 10 stat and whatever the max tertiary stat is without a fern. so like 4 da and 7 stp.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2020-02-01 13:07:32
Link | Citer | R

I am definitely missing something, cause I can't even see where to open it.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-02-01 13:11:26
Link | Citer | R

you download the sam folder and open the sam.exe
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2020-02-01 13:14:10
Link | Citer | R

Okay got it now. Thank you
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-02-01 14:13:11
Link | Citer | R

go ahead and get the new version, it will let you save and load all the settings. every time you open it, it'll be empty for everything so the first time just go and select all of your equipment and buff settings then use the save settings button on and it'll save it to a text file. next time you open it, just load settings and it'll bring back everything you had. i didn't check every single combobox, though, so if something looks weird like head in weapon slot or something let me know

i also fixed the PDL on polearm, when GK was shown to be 3.5 instead of 3.75 like other 2H i did a quick fix and reduced the amount polearm got, it now multiplies properly for all weapons instead of the original +.35, which also means any further PDL items that get added can be done included easily
By mighty 2020-02-11 18:24:59
Link | Citer | R

Two questions I'd like to hear your opinions on.

I'm about to finish Doji, and frankly speaking I don't foresee myself being able to bring SAM to events any time soon, if ever, and so my main motivation for making this weapon was to be able to solo DD content using multi-steps.

I know SAM can accomplish this in many different content scenarios, but my question is:

Are there any bosses or contents in which solo SAM is particularly effective, or perhaps even better / safer / more efficient than multiple DDs spamming WS?

And secondly, the conversation about subtle blow earlier in this thread really got me to thinking about subtle blow in general, and I was wondering, is there really any situation where you would not want to be using SB? Especially when solo? Sure, the fights might take a little longer, but it seems like the benefit of limiting the enemy's TP move output would be much greater than the detriment of the battle taking a bit longer.
By Viciouss 2020-02-11 18:48:16
Link | Citer | R

I solo Leviathan on Normal/Difficult with my Sam, also did Lilith 200 or so times with Sam. Didn't care about SB at all. Just end the fight ASAP.

Edit - Have also solo'd past ambus on E with Sam.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-02-11 18:58:21
Link | Citer | R

mighty said: »
Are there any bosses or contents in which solo SAM is particularly effective
As long as the target takes normal SC damage, definitely.
perhaps even better / safer / more efficient than multiple DDs
Too many different scenarios to definitively say one way or the other. 2 DDs cooperating to use strong WSs to SC should perform better than a solo SAM being forced to use weaker WSs like Kasha to SC. The cooperating DDs would generally be WSing at higher TP values than a solo SAM as well, resulting in even stronger numbers.
However, if the target has devastating TP moves, then using 1 SAM would be safer. Also, if the fight is short and 1 hours are available to use, Yaegasumi SCing is insanely powerful
In another case, if the target has a high Guard/Parry rate, then using 2 DDs SCing that don't depend on Overwhelm would perform better.
There's a lot more "ifs" that people could discuss all day, but solo SAM is certainly not a bad choice.

is there really any situation where you would not want to be using SB
Not everything has dangerous TP moves. I don't care if Neak does TP moves while I'm farming him for stones/ores. I'd use it on something like Odin, though.
[+]
By mighty 2020-02-11 19:13:18
Link | Citer | R

Are there any bosses or contents in which solo SAM is particularly effective
As long as the target takes normal SC damage, definitely.
perhaps even better / safer / more efficient than multiple DDs
Too many different scenarios to definitively say one way or the other. 2 DDs cooperating to use strong WSs to SC should perform better than a solo SAM being forced to use weaker WSs like Kasha to SC. The cooperating DDs would generally be WSing at higher TP values than a solo SAM as well, resulting in even stronger numbers.
However, if the target has devastating TP moves, then using 1 SAM would be safer. Also, if the fight is short and 1 hours are available to use, Yaegasumi SCing is insanely powerful
In another case, if the target has a high Guard/Parry rate, then using 2 DDs SCing that don't depend on Overwhelm would perform better.
There's a lot more "ifs" that people could discuss all day, but solo SAM is certainly not a bad choice.

is there really any situation where you would not want to be using SB
Not everything has dangerous TP moves. I don't care if Neak does TP moves while I'm farming him for stones/ores. I'd use it on something like Odin, though.

Thanks for the detailed information. This is exactly what I was looking for. Much appreciated. Of course I know a lot of it will depend on me personally testing in different scenarios depending on available buffs etc. Looking forward to the challenge!
First Page 2 3 ... 119 120 121 ... 153 154 155