Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 105 106 107 ... 153 154 155
By Taint 2019-03-12 15:56:00
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
What does SP2 mean?

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Yaegasumi
 Asura.Schurzen
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: daNpwr
By Asura.Schurzen 2019-03-12 15:56:24
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
What does SP2 mean?
Yagesumi
By Afania 2019-03-12 16:00:26
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
POLEARM IS OP!!!111!

The most OP part of the polearm is that it comes with long *** stun leg sweep for jobs with skills attached to it. So you can just stun, do 3 ws, stun, and DD down things without ever letting the NM do much if at all.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-03-12 19:36:43
Link | Citer | R

Average of runs: 10204.52
Variance: 186669.710544

Average of runs: 8176.21
Variance: 113606.144316

just using ejiin's default tp set, new GK isn't anywhere near masamune for full buffs.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2019-03-13 00:33:38
Link | Citer | R

Polearm does indeed force a crit on WS that otherwise can't crit unless I am missing something obvious.

POLEARM IS OP!!!111!
[+]
By tyalangan 2019-03-13 00:59:43
Link | Citer | R

Polearm does indeed force a crit on WS that otherwise can't crit unless I am missing something obvious.

POLEARM IS OP!!!111!

How is the polearm comparing with Trishula or Masa/Doji Fudo? Those WS numbers look legit but the time I’d spend farming these weapons would have to be warranted. Do the above mentioned weapons still outperform this polearm even against the high WS damage?

Looks fun but is it worth it? I think I really only want to do one of these weapons is why I ask.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-03-13 01:04:00
Link | Citer | R

Does it apply to all weapon skills, or only Impulse Drive?
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2019-03-13 01:13:10
Link | Citer | R

Impressive.. Thanks for the confirmation brother Ejinn.. ^_^

Alas, the polearm returns to SAM's top tier arsenal..

Do you have A-D.R.E.A.M. SAM? ^_^ /

Ambuscade (Polearm) - Dynamis (SU5), Relic, Empy, Aeonic, Mythic?
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-03-13 06:50:52
Link | Citer | R

Imo the optimal way to use this polearm is to actually wait for 1 more round to get into 2000+ TP range. Considering ws delay the massive jump on WS dmg above 2000TP (from crit and higher fTP) should outweight the lower ws frequency (at least on SAM).
 Asura.Cloudblade
By Asura.Cloudblade 2019-03-13 21:32:00
Link | Citer | R

I did some more testing on the spambu GK and have some more bad news regarding it, as if the weapon wasn't disappointing enough compared to the other spambus.

I tested in Brenner and found that the free swing does give tp to the enemy hit despite not giving you any, meaning it is worse than being a double dmg proc. I also found out it can miss, making it even worse. How sad...
[+]
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2019-03-13 22:28:28
Link | Citer | R

At this point in the game SAM doesn't need anymore swings or TP overflow stats in vital GK weapon slots replacing very powerful options like Masa/Doji R15... These weapons will hold the throne for a very very long time..

We already have God-level TP overflow with full buffs..

What it needs in order to secure more Dominance is more potent WSD power boost gear or Weapons like The Shining One that completely transforms/revives dormant Weapon Skills like it did with Impulse Drive..

With this powerful addition to SAM's arsenal we are now able to deliver incredibly well on the critical piercing perspective as it became our new official toy..
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2019-03-14 00:04:49
Link | Citer | R

I tried out the Shining One on Wave3 tonight and was very impressed:

Impulse was still making darkness with something so SC damage didn't totally suck like I thought it would.

I used SAM+THF rolls instead of SAM+WAR.

I went out of my way to let TP overflow to 2000~ which only took 1 or 2 attack rounds considering it's SAM, so while WS frequency probably suffered a bit, probably not by a massive amount.

Probably important to note the other DDs are RDM>COR>BRD with the COR and BRD being played by me too, so didn't get a direct comparison vs. a R15 REMA yet.
[+]
By soralin 2019-03-15 12:59:34
Link | Citer | R

So I started updating and modernizing the Sam DPS Spreadsheet here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EbdTk18KlMM7jsv2ixHU8OlWrzTDi50_SXNIJEjDjKE/edit?usp=sharing

1. Added R15 DREAM weapons (Missing the Dyna weapon atm but Ill add that shortly)

2. Added proper DREAM WS Dmg Bonus chart (Data, Weaponskill Bonuses, I68)

Looks like the Attack Strength changes are already in place, and I think Utu grips bonus is also correct? We will want to double check that I think.
[+]
By Foxfire 2019-03-15 18:09:46
Link | Citer | R

last time i tried using the dps sheet, there were other formula errors, so i gave up trying to use it

and this was also before starting the bg guide so *** if i remember what the errors were

tl;dr make sure all the formulas/inclusions work as intended
i think songs was one of the errors? idr.
 Asura.Cladbolg
user: cladbolg
By Asura.Cladbolg 2019-03-15 18:31:51
Link | Citer | R

Is Ambuscade Polearm currently beating a non R15 Doji?

Trying to debate whether to make polearm first or do dagger for my THF which doesn’t have a REMA yet. Thank you.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2019-03-15 20:49:28
Link | Citer | R

As with everything, it's situational, but I'd rate SAM weapons like this:

Zerg/WS spam: R15 Masa =~ Shining One > R15 Doji > R0 Masa > R0 Doji >>>>> rest

Solo multi-step SC: R15 Doji > R15 Masa > R0 Doji > R0 Masa >>>>> Shining One

Even beyond that it's situational depending on what buffs you're getting and who else is WSing in your party, but I digress.

Pragmatically speaking, the best, easiest weapon to obtain right now for SAM is the Polearm. But you absolutely still want to get Masa and/or Doji to R15 if possible.
[+]
 Asura.Cladbolg
user: cladbolg
By Asura.Cladbolg 2019-03-16 00:58:55
Link | Citer | R

Thanks Ejiin. I’ll get Doji to R15 for solo multi step and shinning one for Zerg/WS span.
 Ragnarok.Gunit
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2019-03-16 11:31:33
Link | Citer | R

Fotia gorget/belt not worth using for Impulse drive?
 Shiva.Talryn
Serveur: Shiva
user: Talryn
By Shiva.Talryn 2019-03-17 07:24:57
Link | Citer | R

Do we know for certain how critical hit rate buffs and gear interact with Shining One? Normally these weaponskills just don't crit. When a % critical hit rate is introduced by Shining One, does base crit rate + gear + buffs get added, or are they still irrelevant? The mentioning of rogue's roll indicates we know crit rate from buffs would be added but I just want someone to confirm and whether base rate and gear impacts that as well or if it is only buffs.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2019-03-17 08:57:37
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Talryn said: »
Do we know for certain how critical hit rate buffs and gear interact with Shining One? Normally these weaponskills just don't crit. When a % critical hit rate is introduced by Shining One, does base crit rate + gear + buffs get added, or are they still irrelevant? The mentioning of rogue's roll indicates we know crit rate from buffs would be added but I just want someone to confirm and whether base rate and gear impacts that as well or if it is only buffs.

Correct. When you go inside Abyssea and use crit. Atma, WS with Shining One crit. 100% of the time. That's also how we tested that Shining One works on every hit of Stardiver too.
[+]
By Treizekordero 2019-03-17 11:00:37
Link | Citer | R

I was just wondering if Relic bow and Namas Arrow still something worth using on SAM?
 Asura.Cloudblade
By Asura.Cloudblade 2019-03-17 11:24:48
Link | Citer | R

I wonder if the spambu GK is bugged due to how bad it is compared to the polearm. It makes more sense for the GK to still give you tp, although reduced to the base rate while your additional stp gives it the extra swing. As is, the GK is just a high dmg, high accuracy weapon with an effect that is more or less useless.

Oh, I figured I would add that Shining One actually has higher accuracy than Masamune and R0 Doji.
By Taint 2019-03-17 11:31:31
Link | Citer | R

Treizekordero said: »
I was just wondering if Relic bow and Namas Arrow still something worth using on SAM?

Only on gimic mobs like Legion or Delve.

It’s also baller SAM afk gear to have a rank15 Yoichi equipt while in town.
[+]
 Asura.Shinshanker
user: hellcatt
By Asura.Shinshanker 2019-03-17 13:56:23
Link | Citer | R

What are people gear using to have consistent numbers with Impulse Drive? I have just been using my Fudo Set at the moment but is that right? I would like to make it more Consistent if i can also what Val. augments are you using for Impulse Drive WSD or Crit DMG? THANK YOU in advance for replys
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-03-17 14:24:59
Link | Citer | R

1000-1500 TP = Multi Attack

1500+ TP = Weaponskill Damage

Crits are great, but not the primary focus. Although there is a very strong case for using Rogues Roll when Shining One is being used.
By Treizekordero 2019-03-17 17:22:33
Link | Citer | R

If I'm leveling SAM what gear should I be focusing on? It looks like I should be making Masa and getting all my AF/Relic/Empy armors.
By Spaitin 2019-03-17 19:18:16
Link | Citer | R

after 36 neak on sam. 12 with doji, 12 with masa and 12 with shining one. I had R0 doji/masa comfortably ahead of shining one without SC being counted. with SC being counted doji/masa were heavily ahead of shining one.
Party set up was geo cor cor bard whm sam.
FURY/Frail sam chaos fighters rogues boost str auspice HM VM ATK ACC.

Id rate both GK a decent step ahead of shining one. since i was two rostam cor instead of just 1 cor. Buffs favored shining one. Still had the GK winning. Only fight it seemed to perform better than the GK was teles. But only did 1 of them.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2019-03-17 20:12:50
Link | Citer | R

I'm sure some appreciate you going out and testing on 12 fights, but you need to do more like 360 Neaks get a better idea. The amount of variance you'll see in 12 fights is ridiculously high. 1 missed 1st hit WS will skew the results in the favor of any weapon in such a tiny sample size.

Then there's the question of how did you know? Did you use scoreboard? Did you reset scoreboard each time? Did you start WS at exactly the same time? Were roll #s exactly the same for each weapon?

I'm not attached to any weapon either way, but saying R0 is "a decent step ahead" when I myself have done probably thousands of Neaks and multiple wave3 runs with R15 vs Pole and have seen them being much more neck and neck is quite a leap.
[+]
By Spaitin 2019-03-17 20:21:52
Link | Citer | R

we used scoreboard and kparse. some of us kept it up the whole time. some of us reset on each one. 12 fights isnt ideal, but the difference was pretty large. about 800 dps. rolls were rostam crooked 11's on each fight with all weapons. 360 sounds great, but that is all i had time for. if you have done thousands, i would like to see what results you came up with. I have farmed 6+ aeonic KI worth of beads from neak. So however many that is. and probably around 100 neaks total with just shining one between war and sam. How were you able to do thousands on plearm already? my testing took me like 4 hours by itself. (including war). I assume you mean thousands with r15, which so have I, vs a few with polearm. You might be suffering from the low data pool as well.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-03-17 20:28:13
Link | Citer | R

Consistancy in performance is also a huge factor if you were manually WSing. If you want to use gameplay samples, botting or at the very least auto-WS should be used to guarantee consistancy. I am not advocating cheating, but obviously some people do it and their ability to produce a reliable sample is much higher.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 105 106 107 ... 153 154 155