Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 103 104 105 ... 153 154 155
By Foxfire 2019-02-12 08:45:55
Link | Citer | R

I wouldn't call doji niche when it's still the second-best performing gk option. Koga's niche, if you want to make a counter build.

At R15, Masa > Doji tho. I'm not gonna make arguments trying to boast a situation where Doji excels. Masa just got the edge with the augment, that's all.

If you want to get into samurai and it's easier for you to make an aeonic than an empyrean, though, make Doji without hesitation. It won't do you wrong.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Taint 2019-02-12 09:19:20
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Angierus said: »
People acting like one or the other will make or break your experience of playing the job.

Either will work just fine, whoopty *** if one is for more solo play while the other is for mindless fudo spam, both will let you do damage.

Thats the issue with this debate.

Masamune is NOT limited to Fudo spam. Fudo is literally used in every Skill chain combo and almost always the finisher. So yes you can Fudo spam for great results but you can also 3,4,5 step and still be benefiting from Fudo+10%, 70str and triple procs.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-02-12 09:39:36
Link | Citer | R

Taint said: »
Valefor.Angierus said: »
People acting like one or the other will make or break your experience of playing the job.

Either will work just fine, whoopty *** if one is for more solo play while the other is for mindless fudo spam, both will let you do damage.

Thats the issue with this debate.

Masamune is NOT limited to Fudo spam. Fudo is literally used in every Skill chain combo and almost always the finisher. So yes you can Fudo spam for great results but you can also 3,4,5 step and still be benefiting from Fudo+10%, 70str and triple procs.

I'm in total agreement here, part of the problem is people act like TPBonus increases your maximum damage potential, but it doesn't. It only gets you to maximum at lower TP values. For a job like samurai abusing TP overflow the way we do, it's pretty easy some times to hit that maximum potential. Masamune has higher maximum potential than Doji, on all weaponskills (except perhaps Shoha). Doji just gets to it's maximum easier.

That being said, both GKT are amazing.

Edit: This from a non-Masa owner.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-02-12 11:03:24
Link | Citer | R

Just make all GKs so you're fine in all situations forever. Never fear any update, pure enjoyment.

FFXI is like Pokémon sometimes.

Wish I had a Master Ball for Dojikiri.
[+]
By geigei 2019-02-15 15:20:19
Link | Citer | R

Bg's guide still accurate for shoha set? flamma head/feet over valorous? no DM augm.
By Foxfire 2019-02-15 16:06:34
Link | Citer | R

i'm not incredibly active anymore but i don't think there's been any new gear that particularly outperforms flamma in most scenarios

but i could be wrong

shrug
 Carbuncle.Razziel
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Razziel 2019-02-18 02:17:37
Link | Citer | R

Anyone give the Kaja Lance a whirl? There's talks of it out damaging Fudo with Masamune... I'm a little skeptical about that tho
By SimonSes 2019-02-18 04:33:07
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Razziel said: »
Anyone give the Kaja Lance a whirl? There's talks of it out damaging Fudo with Masamune... I'm a little skeptical about that tho

Impulse Drive will do less than Fudo at 2000TP (Fudo 2k 3k more) and slightly more than Fudo at 3000TP (Impulse 2k 700 more). White damage will obviously be way better with Masamune. Impulse wont selfskillchain. Impulse Drive will have hard time sticking that 2nd hit and multi-attack proc on anything serious.

Masamune will win, but I'm comparing R15 weapon that costs like 300M to free weapon from Ambu.

Kaja might be better for 3 step Darkness skillchain tho.
At leats Stardiver > Sonic > Impulse sounds better than Kasha > Rana > Fudo. Of course only if you can hold that closing Impulse to 2k+.

EDIT: Actually I still had pdif from DRG when I calculated this, so Impulse is a little weaker.
By Foxfire 2019-02-18 15:57:52
Link | Citer | R

only reason i'd get a kaja lance is for fun w/ pierce-weak targets like delve bosses and the like; not for serious content

and even then people dunk on the idea of a plrmSAM so

Bahamut.Dbaggins
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Dvnnz
By Bahamut.Dbaggins 2019-02-18 17:03:05
Link | Citer | R

Kasha->rana->fudo is a pretty crappy darkness sc because no matter how much you want rana to do damage it just doesn’t....lol

I prefer jinpu->shoha->fudo, makes the exact same gravitation->darkness 3 step, or I do ageha->jinpu->shoha->fudo for a solid 4 step dark with non ***ws with some defense down sprinkled in there
[+]
 Carbuncle.Razziel
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Razziel 2019-02-21 11:08:42
Link | Citer | R

anyone have an up to date ranged set they use that they can share?
By Foxfire 2019-02-21 11:13:28
Link | Citer | R

Someone made a thread on this - last post has, I think, a decent set.

Realistically, you're pretty screwed in terms of options for pre-shot since most snapshot pieces are volte armor unless you go the way of skirmish augments, which can be prohibitively expensive.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Serveur: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2019-02-21 11:22:59
Link | Citer | R

Foxfire said: »
Someone made a thread on this - last post has, I think, a decent set.

Realistically, you're pretty screwed in terms of options for pre-shot since most snapshot pieces are volte armor unless you go the way of skirmish augments, which can be prohibitively expensive.

Can obviously swap out haverton and +3, feet. Also use Ru'Ann GK if you need higher acc and can reach it for whatever reason using food/buffs. But i think my set still remains the same. If i recall it's a 3hit set. I can post an updated set after work if you need.
 Asura.Hyden
Serveur: Asura
user: Hyden
By Asura.Hyden 2019-02-21 12:01:33
Link | Citer | R

Could use Marked Gorget or Combatant's Torque for neck, Cacoethic Ring (+1) to replace the Haverton, Kendatsuba hands (+1) and Eschan Stone if you really want to go all out on the ranged accuracy.
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2019-02-23 18:49:38
Link | Citer | R

is /drk any good for sam? I'm still using my i119 koga for everything atm
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-02-24 19:32:04
Link | Citer | R

Whats the reason for choosing Wakido hands +3 over Kenda hands +1 for tp set? is 4% JA and some stp really worth losing 4 Triple attack? Given most content your likely to be capped haste anyway, Wouldnt the kenda hands +1 prevail?
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-02-24 19:33:47
Link | Citer | R

you don't cap haste without wakido hands unless you have a dnc in the group.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-02-24 19:35:09
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »
you don't cap haste without wakido hands unless you have a dnc in the group.
I see. Hmmm
By Taint 2019-02-24 19:35:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Chaostaru said: »
Whats the reason for choosing Wakido hands +3 over Kenda hands +1 for tp set? is 4% JA and some stp really worth losing 4 Triple attack? Given most content your likely to be capped haste anyway, Wouldnt the kenda hands +1 prevail?

43.75+25+10(hasso) puts you shy of the cap.

The stp is also a major factor since you should be gearing for zanhasso over TA.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2019-02-25 01:11:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Fondue said: »
is /drk any good for sam? I'm still using my i119 koga for everything atm

SAM can get away with pretty much any sub it wants, so feel free to pick a sub that best applies to the content you're doing.

/DRK and /WAR: Good for situations you need more attack, but also lowers suvivability if you use LR/Berserk, which, ironically, is most needed in content where you're most likely to die if you use them. I personally try my best to never use Berserk and try to cap pdif from buffs.

/RUN: Amazing for magic damage heavy fights, like Omen bosses or Trove BC.

/DRG: Amazing for dynamis wave3 when you really can't afford to pull hate. High Jump allows you to go max DPS for longer.

Those are my most used subs and there's probably many more that work for different situations like /DNC for soloing, /NIN for things you need shadows on. The overall point is SAM can kinda sub whatever it wants.
[+]
By Xzanderth 2019-03-02 22:18:02
Link | Citer | R

So I was told that on Valorous head/hands/feet I want at least STR+15/WSD+3% or STR+10/WSD+4%... is there a certain amount of attack and accuracy I need on top of those to make them superior to other things? Before these I was using Flamma+2 in those slots. (For Fudo and similar ws)
 Leviathan.Katriina
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-03-03 01:39:03
Link | Citer | R

Its actually 15 STR 4% WSD using Taupe, or 10 STR 5% WSD using Fern.

They tend to focus on these two because they almost always assume capped scenarios, however; a 20+ Acc/Att is the sweet benchmark.
By Xzanderth 2019-03-03 02:31:17
Link | Citer | R

Yeesh, that sounds like one giant RNG nightmare I really don't feel like dealing with, with a thousand other things to be working on... what's the next best thing? I've burned thousands and thousands of stones on those three and none of them meet that benchmark.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-03-03 02:38:04
Link | Citer | R

Yours seem fine as is by the way as a benchmark, getting 3% on Taupe and 4% on Fern is quite common.
By Xzanderth 2019-03-03 02:43:37
Link | Citer | R

I'll try to get them higher eventually, just so much other stuff to do atm lol. (I just came back to the game less than two weeks ago after a long break) Thanks for the replies ^^
By Taint 2019-03-03 05:32:36
Link | Citer | R

I actually focus on wsdmg5 and acc. Acc in WS sets will be an issue. Praying to the RNG gods for STR/wsdmg could take 10s of
Thousands of stones. I’ve seen it once.

Emp+2/3 feet will probably have wsdmg so focus on hands and head.
[+]
By Jimmyballsack 2019-03-03 08:10:15
Link | Citer | R

Let's also not glaze over Masa's +20 AGI for the MADDEST SAM bow game
 Bahamut.Xenophane
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Phaedon
By Bahamut.Xenophane 2019-03-03 09:31:50
Link | Citer | R

I found 10STR/4WSD pretty easy to get, 15/4 is currently taking a lifetime.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-03-03 10:26:14
Link | Citer | R

I was lucky to get WSD5/6 relatively quickly, I didn't even think about the other stats. I got some acc here and there, STR + WSD is just asking for suffering in my experience.
First Page 2 3 ... 103 104 105 ... 153 154 155