Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Wayfarer vs. Goetia +2
Wayfarer vs. Goetia +2
 Valefor.Seranos
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2014-01-16 10:16:40
Link | Citer | R

So, I couldn't really find much information comparing the two (there are exactly 0 search results for Wayfarer in the BLM forum), so I was hoping for some advice. I'm looking at this for my nuking set.

It seems like Wayfarer has the advantage on basic stats, most notably INT (119 vs. 39) and slight MP (144 vs. 110).

Goetia+2 has advantage of MAB (+29 vs +16), M. Acc (+30 vs +8), M. Crit (5% vs. 0%), Elemental skill (22 vs. 0), Elemental cast time (-12% vs. 0%), Elemental Recast (-12% vs. 0%), as well as JA enhancements (Mana Wall, Cumulative Magic Effect).

I have a feeling that mix and match may apply here, but wasn't really sure which way to go since I'm relatively new to BLM (had it at 37 for RDM subjob from way back when).

Here are the summaries:

Wayfarer Set
Defense +440
HP +150
MP +144
STR +68
DEX +75
VIT +84
AGI +90
INT +119
MND +124
CHR +121
"Magic Attack Bonus" +16
Magic Accuracy +8
Evasion +161
Magic Evasion +380
"Magic Defense Bonus" +23
Haste +20%
Set: "Refresh" +3 (with the 5 pieces worn only)

Goetia+2 Set
Defense +167
MP +110
INT +39
Dark Magic Skill +15
Elemental Magic Skill +22
Elemental Magic casting time -12%
Magic Accuracy +30
Magic Atk. Bonus +29
Adds Refresh effect
Enmity -16
Magic Magic Crit. Hit +5%
Increases Magic Crit. Hit
Enhances cumulative magic effect
Enhances Enmity Douse Effect
Enhances "Mana Wall" effect
Elemental Magic Recast delay -12%
Set: Augments "Conserve MP"

Thanks!
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-01-16 10:23:35
Link | Citer | R

don't compare sets, compare items

but wayfarer is better
[+]
 Valefor.Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2014-01-16 12:40:00
Link | Citer | R

I should have posted on individual pieces, as some of the AF3 is meant to be macro'd in/out depending on the situation.

I only get about 1 hour a day to play and don't get on every day, so I'm just trying to prioritize what I do. My gear will likely make most BLM's cringe, but I'm ok with that.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-01-16 12:44:54
Link | Citer | R

Just go for the skirmish set. It's just as easy
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-01-16 12:45:06
Link | Citer | R

Hagondes Set is easy to get.

And you can have up to 20 MAB PER ITEM on it too super easy/cheap.

Average augument set is about 50-60 MAB, so it's not like it is that hard to get it.

Don't do either Wayfarer or Goetia +2, when Hagondes is the best set period...
[+]
 Valefor.Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2014-01-16 14:50:09
Link | Citer | R

So, I didn't have access to SoA (which I probably should have mentioned), but I just bit the bullet and purchased it.

I'll go work on getting my Hagondes Set ASAP. Thanks all!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-01-16 15:07:38
Link | Citer | R

No problem.

I would suggest you start stockpiling the Veritas Stone +1s you get from the login campaign and use them when you have the set (shouldn't take you more than 3 skirmish runs to get the full set, maybe even less if people are kind and let you have the ones that drop at the end).
 Valefor.Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2014-01-17 08:18:53
Link | Citer | R

Thansk for the tip Kingnobody. My shell has a moderate need for Skirmish, so there is a chance there's "leftovers" I can have :)

Are there any other pieces for BLM in SoA content that are worth pursuing, in particular?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-01-17 08:39:42
Link | Citer | R

Depends on your total MAB from gear.

If I remember correctly, TotM staves start winning on T4-5 and -jas when you have MAB 100+ in gear. Other than that, voay staff +1> voay staff> atinian staff> eminent staff in pure damage.

T1-3s would be atinian staff > eminent staff > voay staff > TotM staves due to the MDMG+ on them.

But that is going off by memory. I haven't played BLM in so long, my knowledge is a little rusty -.-

And don't forget, Voay Staves have very little accuracy on them, so on harder stuff, you may not be able to land much higher numbers.
 Shiva.Eboneezer
Serveur: Shiva
user: Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2014-01-30 23:50:59
Link | Citer | R

sorry to hijack the thread a little, didn't want to make a new topic.

I got ahold of the hagondes set. I was just curious about the augments. Seeing so many people with great augments, I figured it wouldn't be difficult to obtain. I've gone through 16 +2 stones, 3 stacks of +1 stones since I started counting (although it wasn't too many attempts before that), and 3 stacks and some change of the nq stones. Only seen one MAB augment from an NQ stone for 5 MAB. I guess I was just wondering how long it took some of you to see anything decent? I'm starting to get a little discouraged. Runs take forever to get a few stones that don't get anything more than some tiny Dmg reduction and pet stats.

I understand random is random. Just trying to hear some people talk about their success/failure rate with it so I can get an idea of what to expect. Does the tier of the stone affect the type of augments at all? Or it just affects the strength of whatever random augment you get?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Serveur: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-01-31 02:49:39
Link | Citer | R

i got 28 mab on legs with +1 stone jos so i have a feeling its just a clusterfuck of random
 Shiva.Eboneezer
Serveur: Shiva
user: Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2014-01-31 03:39:37
Link | Citer | R

thanks for the replies. good call on the multiple pieces. didn't think about that at all.