Gearswap Support Thread
First Page 2 3 ... 87 88 89 ... 181 182 183
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2015-12-19 20:38:25
Link | Citer | R

Organizer will not pull both my Taming Saris or Nibiru Cudgels/Blades. Cudgel's are same path, and Blades aren't. Sometimes, it'll pull my path B blade but not my path A, which is listed in my gs lua with the augments.

Any reason why and a fix to this?
Thanks!

Quote:
Code
organizer_items = {
	    claid="Claidheamh Soluis",
		nblade={name="Nibiru Blade", augments={'DEX+10','Accuracy+20','Mag. Acc.+15'}},
		nclub="Nibiru Cudgel"}
 Cerberus.Decimation
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Decimation 2015-12-20 00:50:18
Link | Citer | R

So for some time now I have been having the issue of "blinking" as nin even tho I always use one of my lockstyle files. I was told to put a throwing equip into my /lockstyle equip sets and that would solve the problem, but it has not. I am blinking on others screen as well as my own when I engage/disengage and use a weapon skills. Any help would be appreciated!
 Shiva.Hiep
Serveur: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-12-21 17:10:21
Link | Citer | R

I need help prioritizing Chironic Slippers over Arbatel Loafers +1 during MACC casting mode, Klimaform/Matching weather. http://pastebin.com/4wiWGwEG
 Odin.Niteanjel
Serveur: Odin
user: NiteAnjel
By Odin.Niteanjel 2015-12-21 17:13:11
Link | Citer | R

Hi my SCH Lua started acting weird. It is no longer swapping to the Elemental Cape and Obi when i have the assigned Weather on.

Pastebin

If you see lines 76 and 77 i placed the
gear.default.obi_waist = "Aswang Sash"
gear.default.obi_back = "Bookworm's Cape"

and in sets.midcast['Elemental Magic'] on line 239 for the back and waist pieces i have
waist=gear.ElementalObi,
back=gear.ElementalCape, on lines 253 and 254.

It is still putting on the Aswang Sash and Book Cape when i nuke w/ the correct element and idk why. This is the only of my Lua's that is acting up cuz it works on my RDM and GEO Lua's
 Asura.Fiv
Serveur: Asura
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2015-12-21 17:29:18
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Hiep said: »
I need help prioritizing Chironic Slippers over Arbatel Loafers +1 during MACC casting mode, Klimaform/Matching weather. http://pastebin.com/4wiWGwEG

I'm a bit rusty, but a quick look, this should work;
Code
function apply_grimoire_bonuses(spell, action, spellMap)
    if state.Buff.Perpetuance and spell.type =='WhiteMagic' and spell.skill == 'Enhancing Magic' then
        equip(sets.buff['Perpetuance'])
    end
    if state.Buff.Rapture and (spellMap == 'Cure' or spellMap == 'Curaga') then
        equip(sets.buff['Rapture'])
    end
    if spell.skill == 'Elemental Magic' and spellMap ~= 'ElementalEnfeeble' then
        if state.Buff.Immanence then
            equip(sets.buff['Immanence'])
        end
        if state.Buff.Klimaform and spell.element == world.weather_element and not state.MagicBurst.value then
            if state.CastingMode.value ~= 'MACC' then
			equip(sets.buff['Klimaform'])
			end
        end
    end
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
Serveur: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-12-21 17:54:25
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Fiv said: »
Shiva.Hiep said: »

I'm a bit rusty, but a quick look, this should work;
Code
function apply_grimoire_bonuses(spell, action, spellMap)
    if state.Buff.Perpetuance and spell.type =='WhiteMagic' and spell.skill == 'Enhancing Magic' then
        equip(sets.buff['Perpetuance'])
    end
    if state.Buff.Rapture and (spellMap == 'Cure' or spellMap == 'Curaga') then
        equip(sets.buff['Rapture'])
    end
    if spell.skill == 'Elemental Magic' and spellMap ~= 'ElementalEnfeeble' then
        if state.Buff.Immanence then
            equip(sets.buff['Immanence'])
        end
        if state.Buff.Klimaform and spell.element == world.weather_element and not state.MagicBurst.value then
            if state.CastingMode.value ~= 'MACC' then
			equip(sets.buff['Klimaform'])
			end
        end
    end

Wasn't exactly it, but had the essential part that I needed! Messed around and got it to work. Thank you!
By Sonicrich05 2015-12-23 13:07:18
Link | Citer | R

Hello, I'm trying to get gearswap to lock my weapons if I'm above a certain TP, I tried this below:
Code
function job_status_change(new,old)

if player.tp > 500 then
			disable('main','sub')
		end
	end

My weapons get locked all the time, it still won't switch back to what I want at idle no matter what TP I'm at. If I remove this whole function, they will switch when going to idle from engaged but I lose my TP that way. Any ideas how to lock my weapons above a certain TP?
 Valefor.Omnys
Serveur: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2015-12-24 07:32:03
Link | Citer | R

Suggestion:

Is it possible when using the export command to be able to to set a filename?

Like //gs export idle.lua creates that file. That way you can spend your time in game building sets and exporting. With timestamp names it can be confusing to find the right file to open unless you do with each.. Export, copy/paste, export, copy/paste, export, copy/paste.

Love gearswap!
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-12-24 11:23:25
Link | Citer | R

I'd recommend sorting your export folder by file creation time, so the newest files will be at the top (or bottom). I don't think I'll be adding file name specification, because I'd have to be able to identify the intended file name out of the list of arguments.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2015-12-25 20:05:20
Link | Citer | R

No disrespect intended, and I'm sorry for hackifying glorious work, but I gave it a shot. There's probably a more effective way, but this worked. I use a simple matching pattern to look for a filename ending in lua or xml.

I added an iterator to collect the key names of options as a simple string ("onames"), and then edited the if a little immediately after you create local path.

Right now, to export as xml, it would look something like //gs export custom.xml xml. I could have went deeper and changed it so that if cname .xml, it auto-switched to xml mode but that seemed perhaps too far.
Code
    local path = windower.addon_path..'data/export/'..player.name
	local cname = string.match(onames,"[%w_-]+\.lua") or string.match(onames,"[%w_-]+\.xml")
	if cname then
		path = path..'_'..windower.ffxi.get_player().main_job.."_"..string.sub(cname,1,#cname-4)
	elseif use_job_in_filename then

I know how to use github, but wanted to know your thoughts.

Regular Expressions (in other languages) are a little finicky with what class tokens sometimes represent so I went ahead and just stated [%w_-]. For obvious reasons, permitting a space could be a result in messes if people tried to use an option name in their filename, like "inv cast.lua" (contrived example).

Edit: It does automatically stick the player's mjob in there when they choose a custom filename. Just seemed sensible.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2015-12-25 20:15:32
Link | Citer | R

Sonicrich05 said: »
Hello, I'm trying to get gearswap to lock my weapons if I'm above a certain TP, I tried this below:
Code

if player.tp > 500 then
			disable('main','sub')
		end
	end

My weapons get locked all the time, it still won't switch back to what I want at idle no matter what TP I'm at. If I remove this whole function, they will switch when going to idle from engaged but I lose my TP that way. Any ideas how to lock my weapons above a certain TP?

If that is your code, and it's locking properly (just not unlocking), the problem is that you never enable the weapons. It should look something like
Code

if player.tp > 500 then
			disable('main','sub')
		else
			enable('main','sub')
		end
	end

Disable is permanent until it is enabled (vanilla commands, /equip main Nirvana, still work, but GS is telling itself to ignore commands directed at those slots) until told otherwise.

You could also include the enable as part of ws aftercast, though you may still want to check tp if fotia is involved, for instance.
By Teapo 2015-12-26 02:12:35
Link | Citer | R

Im trying to make a MB toggle-able set but im running into this error and its stumping me.

Motes-Libs:Toggle: Unknown field [MagicBurst]

There is no motes Lib file and this is super confusing me.

edit : Found the Error, well I didn't but it now works so I dont know.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Serveur: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2015-12-28 10:13:43
Link | Citer | R

Quick little annoyance i found with gearswap i hope to remove

I have some macro that i uses
"exec macrowhatever.txt"
to run. inside those i call WS by the command
/ws "Whateverws" <t>
Now my issues is that gearswap will swap into WS gear even if the WS is never activated E.G. by low TP.
Is ther a way to make Gearswap only swap gear if WS or JA commands actually "goes through" ?
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2015-12-29 03:30:36
Link | Citer | R

Is there a function or table to look up disabled slots? Or else some way to look up whether a slot is enabled/disabled.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2015-12-29 11:58:50
Link | Citer | R

Is there any kind of zone change function?

For instance, say whenever I zone, I want to equip whatever movement gear that job has, or gear that enhances protect/shell recieved etc, or whatever regen/refresh gear I have.

I don't want to actually idle in such gear, but I want to equip it when I zone as I head towards a fight, as nearly any action will swap it to something else.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2015-12-29 15:01:11
Link | Citer | R

Can somebody explain why sometimes when I'm casting nukes like Tenebral Crush, do my Luhluza Charuqs +1 and/or Assimilator's Shalwar +1 equip instead of my Amalric? This seems to happen only after I've already used on of my JA's. They're no longer active when I'm casting my nuke (on cooldown). Many thanks!
 Ragnarok.Flippant
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2015-12-29 23:29:51
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Omnys said: »
Is there any kind of zone change function?

For instance, say whenever I zone, I want to equip whatever movement gear that job has, or gear that enhances protect/shell recieved etc, or whatever regen/refresh gear I have.

I don't want to actually idle in such gear, but I want to equip it when I zone as I head towards a fight, as nearly any action will swap it to something else.

GearSwap doesn't, but the Windower API allows you to register an event. You can put it in any lua file you're loading, including your GS or a standalone file. (EDIT: I meant in general; if you're doing stuff that involves your GS, then you should put it in your GS file.)
Code
windower.register_event('zone change', function(new, old)
    --do stuff
end)	

Other events:
http://dev.windower.net/doku.php?id=lua:api:events:start

Bismarck.Speedyjim said: »
Can somebody explain why sometimes when I'm casting nukes like Tenebral Crush, do my Luhluza Charuqs +1 and/or Assimilator's Shalwar +1 equip instead of my Amalric? This seems to happen only after I've already used on of my JA's. They're no longer active when I'm casting my nuke (on cooldown). Many thanks!

I know nothing about BLU, but it could help tp know what you mean by "my JAs," because if you mean Burst Affinity and Diffusion, that could explain it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2015-12-29 23:43:05
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Flippant said: »
Can somebody explain why sometimes when I'm casting nukes like Tenebral Crush, do my Luhluza Charuqs +1 and/or Assimilator's Shalwar +1 equip instead of my Amalric? This seems to happen only after I've already used one of my JA's. They're no longer active when I'm casting my nuke (on cooldown). Many thanks!

I know nothing about BLU, but it could help tp know what you mean by "my JAs," because if you mean Burst Affinity and Diffusion, that could explain it.
Yeah, Diffusion, Burst and Chain Affinity.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2015-12-30 00:57:35
Link | Citer | R

If you don't want to equip those during BLU spells when you have the buffs on, then take the gear out of the sets from line 232-237.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-12-30 01:03:58
Link | Citer | R

Fixed!
 Ragnarok.Flippant
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2015-12-30 01:24:23
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Posted on BG, but no response. So posting here.

Starting to work on JPs on BLM, but when I toggle on MB it refuses to equip my Obi with Obi toggle also on. Probably derp'd somewhere

Pastebin

Lines 713-715 should be added after then end on 716.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-12-30 01:31:00
Link | Citer | R

That did it. Thanks a lot.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2015-12-30 05:11:17
Link | Citer | R

If you don't want to equip those during BLU spells when you have the buffs on, then take the gear out of the sets from line 232-237.
I do want to equip those pcs during their respective job abilities. The problem is on whatever I cast next, it'll still equip that pc as if the JA is still active, when it's not any longer.

Ex.: I'll use Diffusion + Battery Charge , then a few seconds later I'll cast Entomb and my Charuqs +1 will still equip.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2015-12-30 05:12:44
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »
Quick little annoyance i found with gearswap i hope to remove

I have some macro that i uses
"exec macrowhatever.txt"
to run. inside those i call WS by the command
/ws "Whateverws" <t>
Now my issues is that gearswap will swap into WS gear even if the WS is never activated E.G. by low TP.
Is ther a way to make Gearswap only swap gear if WS or JA commands actually "goes through" ?

Sort of. By the time GS knows if your action was successful, it's obviously too late to equip precast gear, defeating the purpose. If you want to prevent this from happening based a condition that can be recognized before the WS attempts to go off (such as TP or recast timer), you'd have to write a rule for it in your precast rules.
Code
if spell.type=="WeaponSkill" then
	if player.tp < 1000 then
		cancel_spell()
		return
	else
		-- handle gear
	end
elseif spell.type=="JobAbility" then
	if windower.ffxi.get_ability_recasts()[spell.recast_id] > 0 then
		cancel_spell()
		return
	else
		-- handle gear
	end
end

I'm not sure why you find your macro worth mentioning though. Or why you would be executing a text file for something as simple as a weaponskill.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2015-12-30 05:24:50
Link | Citer | R

I do want to equip those pcs during their respective job abilities. The problem is on whatever I cast next, it'll still equip that pc as if the JA is still active, when it's not any longer.

Ex.: I'll use Diffusion + Battery Charge , then a few seconds later I'll cast Entomb and my Charuqs +1 will still equip.

Sounds like somehow the buff table that Mote is handling globally is not properly updating after you lose the buff. I've never really worked with his GS, but what I see doesn't look to me like there should be any issue (and we'd probably hear more about it if there was). Try adding print(buff) after line 492. It will print every buff it thinks you have on in your console (the red text), and see if it's printing out buffs that you do NOT have on.

It shouldn't, but knowing it doesn't could at least narrow down the issue.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2015-12-30 07:41:31
Link | Citer | R

Sounds like somehow the buff table that Mote is handling globally is not properly updating after you lose the buff. I've never really worked with his GS, but what I see doesn't look to me like there should be any issue (and we'd probably hear more about it if there was). Try adding print(buff) after line 492. It will print every buff it thinks you have on in your console (the red text), and see if it's printing out buffs that you do NOT have on.

It shouldn't, but knowing it doesn't could at least narrow down the issue.
Seemed working at first. Once I used UL>Diffusion>Mighty Guard, it kept recognizing Diffusion still active (console red text).
Same occurs when I manually clicked MG off.
Waiting for Diffusion to cooldown completely and casted again, same.
Next, I used UL>Diffusion>Carcharian Verve. This time, it did NOT detect Diffusion active. Weird.

I will further troubleshoot tomorrow during Salvage, which is where I notice it the most.
By Ramyrez 2015-12-30 07:56:25
Link | Citer | R

I will further troubleshoot tomorrow during Salvage, which is where I notice it the most.

What, you haven't obtained your banana yet?

I hereby declare we must call you simply "Jim" in perpetuity, there's nothing "speedy" about this situation!
[+]
 Phoenix.Syane
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Syane 2015-12-30 19:13:11
Link | Citer | R

Quick question, i'm not even sure if its possible at this point but I've been attempting to bind the PDT/MDT cycle (^F10 in my lua) to the R1 button on my controller unsuccessfully. I've downloaded AutoHotkey in an attempt to force the keypress but im not having any luck there either. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
 Cerberus.Keshan
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Ready
By Cerberus.Keshan 2015-12-31 00:29:16
Link | Citer | R

Forgive my ignorance ahead of time, I am slowly learning my way around Gearswap! I am wanting to know if Gearswap can recognize if you are Magic Bursting, to change equips appropriately.

I took a BLM.lua file from elsewhere and changed it around to fit my needs. In this lua, there is a set called

sets.magic_burst = {}

I tried to use it on my SCH, filled in my equips, and it did not change my equips on MB. I don't know what I'm doing! :D

I decided if this is not a capability, I would make a CastingMode set called 'Burst' and I'll just change to that when I need to MB.. Thanks for any help!
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2015-12-31 01:46:05
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Keshan said: »
Forgive my ignorance ahead of time, I am slowly learning my way around Gearswap! I am wanting to know if Gearswap can recognize if you are Magic Bursting, to change equips appropriately.

I took a BLM.lua file from elsewhere and changed it around to fit my needs. In this lua, there is a set called

sets.magic_burst = {}

I tried to use it on my SCH, filled in my equips, and it did not change my equips on MB. I don't know what I'm doing! :D

I decided if this is not a capability, I would make a CastingMode set called 'Burst' and I'll just change to that when I need to MB.. Thanks for any help!
You need a toggle. Put this in function user_setup: state.MagicBurst = M(false, 'Magic Burst'). It may already be there too.

Then, set a macro or key bind to toggle it on/off. Key binds are in the same function user_setup, mine is: send_command('bind ^` gs c toggle MagicBurst'). If you want to macro instead, enter: /console gs c toggle MagicBurst.
First Page 2 3 ... 87 88 89 ... 181 182 183