Forum » Windower » Support » Gearswap Support Thread
Gearswap Support Thread
First Page 2 3 ... 183 184
 Asura.Yso
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Yso 2024-08-30 04:32:55
Link | Citer | R

From one day to another, gearswap suddenly won't work. Playing on a older laptop. Windower did download some files, now neither Gearswap or shortcuts will load. See 2 posts down.
 Asura.Yottaxa
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2024-08-30 04:36:41
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yso said: »
From one day to another, gearswap suddenly won't work. Playing on a older laptop. All I did was set the date and time to match the actual date. The next time I started the windower, it downloaded several files. And now it just won't work.

Been away from game for 5yrs, and I just dont remember how most stuff work anymore. But muscle memory let me push the right buttons when I dont think hard about it.

? Is this a question ? Do you have any errors in the console? Specific jobs? What does "won't work" mean? Sets not swapping?...
 Asura.Yso
By Asura.Yso 2024-08-30 04:41:02
Link | Citer | R

Ok, so error points to line 119 of gearswap.lua, missing resources. How to fix this?

And there is an error in shortcuts too, pointing to line 198.

So both these addons are not working for me, and Idk what to do about it. Any ideas?
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-08-30 08:56:47
Link | Citer | R

1)Is gearswap able to detect if a roll is an 11 for Roller's Ring to be applied to your idle set?

2)Is it able to do it for people that are not the COR?

Obviously Aminon use case. It's not that hard to have it in your idle set regardless, but I want my refresh +1 if I don't have an 11.
By Sevu 2024-08-30 09:02:37
Link | Citer | R

Ok, so error points to line 119 of gearswap.lua, missing resources. How to fix this?

So both these addons are not working for me, and Idk what to do about it. Any ideas?
Without seeing your lua, it's hard to troubleshoot.

Missing resources, is likely missing a import dependency in your file.
 Asura.Yso
By Asura.Yso 2024-08-30 10:52:57
Link | Citer | R

Sevu said: »

Without seeing your lua, it's hard to troubleshoot.

Missing resources, is likely missing a import dependency in your file.

But shouldn't gearswap launch even if I made a mistake? the mistake is referring to gearswap.lua itself (which I have never touched). The gearswap.lua I assume everyone has in first file of the addon itself? And yet it may be something in my file, which worked 2 days ago, and I haven't touched in 5yr+? What I find strange is that this happened after windower decided to download something on initiation yesterday.

It simply will not work. I remember back in the days, if I made a mistake it usually pointed out a line in my personal lua-file, not the gearswap.lua itself, which comes with the addon. It leads me to think there is something that's become screwed up in a library or resource file.

This is the case also no matter what job I'm on when I try to lua load gearswap.
 Bismarck.Radec
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Radec
By Bismarck.Radec 2024-08-30 11:07:17
Link | Citer | R

It's a resources error, ie the auto-updater didn't get the proper resources files downloaded. Delete the windower/resources/ folder, and either let the auto-update try again now that your time is correct, or download it manually from https://github.com/Windower/Resources
[+]
 Asura.Yso
By Asura.Yso 2024-08-30 11:10:15
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Radec said: »
It's a resources error, ie the auto-updater didn't get the proper resources files downloaded. Delete the windower/resources/ folder, and either let the auto-update try again now that your time is correct, or download it manually from https://github.com/Windower/Resources

So if I delete a folder, then windower will download them? Which folder do you recommend I remove?
EDIT: tried to delete the folder, but windower didn't download anything. And I'm not entirely sure what I should manually download. Been away too long from this game :)
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2024-08-30 11:27:56
Link | Citer | R

You have to delete the resources folder AND your update folder as well
[+]
 Asura.Yso
By Asura.Yso 2024-08-30 17:06:33
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Niflheim said: »
You have to delete the resources folder AND your update folder as well

Thanks! That did the trick!!
 Asura.Wizzykid
By Asura.Wizzykid 2024-09-15 16:02:07
Link | Citer | R

Hi all, I'm trying out a new COR lua and for some reason none of the set combines are working...
For reference, I do have the gearinfo addon as well and mote mappings. Any ideas how to fix?
Code
    sets.precast.CorsairRoll = {
    range="Compensator",
    head={ name="Lanun Tricorne +1", augments={'Enhances "Winning Streak" effect',}},
    body="Meg. Cuirie +2",
    hands="Chasseur's Gants +3",
    legs="Meg. Chausses +2",
    feet={ name="Lanun bottes +3", augments={'Enhances "Wild Card" effect',}},
    neck="Regal Necklace",
    waist="Flume Belt +1",
    left_ear="Genmei Earring",
    right_ear="Lempo Earring",
    right_ring="Defending Ring",
    back={ name="Camulus's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','"Dbl.Atk."+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},}

sets.precast.CorsairRoll.Gun = set_combine(sets.precast.CorsairRoll.Engaged, {range="Compensator"})
    sets.precast.CorsairRoll["Caster's Roll"] = set_combine(sets.precast.CorsairRoll, {legs="Chas. Culottes +1"})
    sets.precast.CorsairRoll["Courser's Roll"] = set_combine(sets.precast.CorsairRoll, {feet="chass. bottes +2"})
    sets.precast.CorsairRoll["Blitzer's Roll"] = set_combine(sets.precast.CorsairRoll, {head="Chass. Tricorne +1"})
    sets.precast.CorsairRoll["Tactician's Roll"] = set_combine(sets.precast.CorsairRoll, {body="Navarch's Frac +1"})
    sets.precast.CorsairRoll["Allies' Roll"] = set_combine(sets.precast.CorsairRoll, {hands="Chasseur's Gants +3"})

sets.precast.LuzafRing = set_combine(sets.precast.CorsairRoll, {ring1="Luzaf's Ring"})
    sets.precast.FoldDoubleBust = {hands="lanun gants +1"}
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-19 20:58:46
Link | Citer | R

@Above:
Without seeing the full code, its hard to tell. do //gs debugmode and see what it spits out. It might be something within your functions. All of that code looks similar to what my cor lua's look like as far as swaps and combines go except for line 15.

I'm trying to run a WS replacement command in my gearswap, borrowed from here, but I wasnt having the same luck getting it to work.
Code
function job_pretarget(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if spell.type:lower() == 'weaponskill' then
        if player.equipment.main == 'Naegling' then
            if spell.english:startswith("Impulse") then
                send_command('@input /ws "Savage Blade" '..spell.target.raw)
                eventArgs.cancel = true
            end
        end
    end
end

My lua's are based on Motes, similar to the linked post. I've also seen a couple other GS's reference similar code, so I expected it to work as is, but it didnt. Debugmode was reporting "unable to execute command, you do not have access to that weapon skill". I was able to get it to work, but I had to comment out lines 671-675 in helper_functions.

1-What kind of problems am I risking letting out of Pandora's box if I leave those lines commented out? It doesnt look like it should cause any issues, but I'd rather ask and get confirmation.
2-Is there any reason why that code was failing for me when its worked for other people's gearswaps?
First Page 2 3 ... 183 184