Forum » FFXIV » General » Change in movement
Change in movement
 Bismarck.Antonious
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Antonious
By Bismarck.Antonious 2013-12-18 11:07:59
Link | Citer | R

I'm a Paladin and I've noticed a small change since the update. My Shield lob was set to Ctrl 1 on the action bar. I used to be able to walk forward towards the mob while spamming it. Now, every time I push Ctrl, my character stops moving. I can strafe left and right and still do it, but trying to move forward or backwards with ctrl held in doesn't work anymore.
Has anyone else noticed this? Was this intentional? Is it a simple change in settings I need to make now? I've been checking online for a resolution, but haven't seen mention of it at all. Any help would be appreciated.
Serveur: Balmung
Game: FFXIV
user: Ashman
By Ashley Williams 2013-12-18 14:59:48
Link | Citer | R

It's not just you. I made a post on GW. The concensus seems to be that they added more macro keybinds. FFXIV is trying to do whatever action you have assigned to "cntrl numpad-8" or whatever (at least in my case).

I haven't had time to try it yet.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-12-19 06:35:33
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, i found the problem for me. Control Numpad keys were assigned to "toggle through alliance targets" or some nonsense. I cleared the keys and now have no problem.
 Bismarck.Antonious
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Antonious
By Bismarck.Antonious 2013-12-19 11:27:37
Link | Citer | R

Same, Ashman. I have my movement keys set up like FFXI (so I use the num pad). I went in deleting everything that was set to ctrl and it turned out that it was in Keybind > Targeting > and then the num 8,2,4,6 for the alliance toggling. What a frustrating two days!!
[+]
Serveur: Balmung
Game: FFXIV
By Ashley Williams 2013-12-20 07:21:27
Link | Citer | R

But what a relief now :D
[+]