Forum » FFXI » General » Trust Ciphers!
Trust Ciphers!
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 70 71 72
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-12-16 19:15:08
Link | Citer | R

Just found out King Cobra Clamp has an additional effect: Stun associated with it. Mandragora I was fighting was readying headbutt when Nanaa used it and it stopped but used it again about 2-3 seconds afterwards.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-12-16 20:40:45
Link | Citer | R

Added it to her WS in the OP, as for Zeid, I assume Abyssal Drain is basically Sang Blade for Great Sword? Any idea what Abyssal Strike is? Just Physical/Dark DMG or~?
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-12-16 20:57:42
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Demonjustin said: »
Added it to her WS in the OP, as for Zeid, I assume Abyssal Drain is basically Sang Blade for Great Sword? Any idea what Abyssal Strike is? Just Physical/Dark DMG or~?
Yeah it drains HP. Strike has the same animation as Weapon Bash so I'm guessing it's another Stun as well.

Also I believe King Cobra Clamp may also have the chance to paralyze. Saw "[Mandragora is paralyzed]" 3 times in a row after it was used once. Haven't noticed it again but I'll keep my eyes peeled.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-12-16 21:09:38
Link | Citer | R

Interesting idea, but probably wont work, can you use these NPCs during Belligerency? If so, could just get a Mon friend to help test their effects.

If not, way I planned to test when I have time is just SCH/RDM, AoE Phalanx and Regen, then have them fight stuff and just watch how they react and what effects their WSs have, just haven't had time yet.
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-12-16 21:29:23
Link | Citer | R

Okay it's happened 5 times now can definitely confirm KCC has a Paralyze. Also landed on AoE targets this last time.

Edit: Zeid also just cast Thunder III so he should have access to all tier III nukes.

Edit II: Abyssal Strike just stunned a crabs TP move as well.

Edit III: also player AoE buffs will affect them. RUN Valiance and DNC Chocobo Jig II will land but pet abilities like Garuda's Fleet Wind will not.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-12-16 21:47:20
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Dasanuffadat said: »
Edit III: also player AoE buffs will affect them. RUN Valiance and DNC Chocobo Jig II will land but pet abilities like Garuda's Fleet Wind will not.
SE has confirmed.
Quote:
Trust NPCs cannot currently receive:
AoE Blood Pacts and Avatar’s Favor cannot be applied to Trust NPCs
Trust NPCs receive no effects from dancer’s Samba
Job bonuses from corsair’s Phantom Roll are not applied to Trust NPCs. *Phantom Roll itself will work, however.
Automatons will not cure or do things to Trust NPCs
Trust NPCs cannot be targeted for Healing Breath
Wild Carrot cannot heal Trust NPCs
Geomancy effects are not applied to NPCs
 Asura.Aikchan
Serveur: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-12-16 22:04:21
Link | Citer | R

to be honest.. I found them useless... even the Healing Automaton is "smart" than Kupipi-_-... how hard was just to copy that AI...

IF they can hit mobs in Kahmir.. they have to be @ least 99 with some ilvl.. 110?... why the hell they cant use Merited WS?... lvl 65 and lower WS... @ least let us do light/darkness SC... not crappy SC LV1..

Even my FellowNPC 95 is more useful Healer/DD wise ~.~...
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-12-16 22:11:47
Link | Citer | R

Well, for most of that I say give it time, they seem to be working on the AI they said, besides that, these are only the first 7 NPCs, we already know we will have well over 20 or so it seems, each NPC so far only has around 3 WSs, and after all, it's a new system. I mean I agree, its not that great at the moment at higher levels, but in time it has potential. :x
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-12-16 22:27:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aikchan said: »
least let us do light/darkness SC... not crappy SC LV1..

We can o.o. KCC is part of Light as is Ground Strike I believe.
By Ophannus 2013-12-16 22:49:29
Link | Citer | R

Abyssal Strike is like a Weapon Bash/Leg Sweep.
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2013-12-16 22:52:50
Link | Citer | R

King Cobra Clamp to Shattersoul also does Darkness. so theres that.
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
Serveur: Leviathan
user: kbeezie
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2013-12-17 01:09:49
Link | Citer | R

to be honest.. I found them useless... even the Healing Automaton is "smart" than Kupipi-_-... how hard was just to copy that AI...

IF they can hit mobs in Kahmir.. they have to be @ least 99 with some ilvl.. 110?... why the hell they cant use Merited WS?... lvl 65 and lower WS... @ least let us do light/darkness SC... not crappy SC LV1..

Even my FellowNPC 95 is more useful Healer/DD wise ~.~...

I think they're a basic template, with a level similar to your own armor when you call them. I don't think they're intended to replace pets and such but to simply give you a little bit of an edge when solo-ing (ie: sure you could gear up pup an set a whm or rdm head, but what if you want healing support on a job that doesn't use a pet or healing subjob). And the merits are basically yours.

If they did exactly everything you could do, it'd be a bit overkill.
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-12-17 01:24:57
Link | Citer | R

They seem to be based off lore/character personality really... IE Ayame was trained by her mother I believe who was a ninja hence the lack of Yuki/Gekko. She also wouldn't have been taught Kasha from Jaucribaix and NPCs wouldn't possess the "Limit Breaker" key item which is what supposedly allows us to generate and use merit points.

What would be neat is if they expand on the system by offering quests to help npcs learn new abilities.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2013-12-17 02:07:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ina said: »
What would be neat is if they expand on the system by offering quests to help npcs learn new abilities.
That would be pretty intense on development resources.
I'd rather have them make generic fixes (for all NPCs, instead of specific ones) and just add new NPCs instead.

But hey, that's just me of course.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-12-17 02:40:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Karbuncle said: »

From what I have heard thus far Upheaval, Stardiver, and now Shattersoul all Skillchain with KCC. With this info can we determine the properties of her WS or at least narrow it down?
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2013-12-17 06:58:44
Link | Citer | R

Btw, Trust Ciphers are NOT delivery boxable between mules on same acount :(
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2013-12-17 07:16:26
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone compiled a list of places Trust NPC's can't be summoned?

I haven't personally tested it much, although I did try to summon Kupipi in Vunkerl Inlet (S) last night and was told I couldn't summon trust NPC's in that area.

There was a campaign battle in progress at the time, although I wasn't participating. So I can't be sure whether you just can't summon Trust NPC's in the past or while campaign is active. I'll have to test this more later.
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2013-12-17 09:03:08
Link | Citer | R

From what I have heard thus far Upheaval, Stardiver, and now Shattersoul all Skillchain with KCC. With this info can we determine the properties of her WS or at least narrow it down?

Some options are still open.

Possible answers.
Fragmentation/Distortion/Light/Darkness

Some one will need to see if you can link it with a Fragmentation or Distortion type WS to see how the combo works.

Looks like it will be like an Empy/Relic WS though.

Most likely though its Fragmentation/Darkness since if Distortion KCC > Wheeling would likely end up being Fusion.
 Valefor.Houppelande
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Houppelande 2013-12-17 10:01:43
Link | Citer | R

Didn't see this anywhere - apologies if it's already been posted:

Quote:
Greetings,

As you've mentioned there are certain effects that Trust NPCs cannot currently receive:

•AoE Blood Pacts and Avatar’s Favor cannot be applied to Trust NPCs

•Trust NPCs receive no effects from dancer’s Samba

•Job bonuses from corsair’s Phantom Roll are not applied to Trust NPCs. *Phantom Roll itself will work, however.

•Automatons will not cure or do things to Trust NPCs

•Trust NPCs cannot be targeted for Healing Breath

•Wild Carrot cannot heal Trust NPCs

•Geomancy effects are not applied to NPCs

We will be working on adjustments for these and in February we will be making large adjustments to the Trust Initiative, which includes NPC AI. Among the NPCs, we will be looking into the feedback that is difficult for Curilla to keep hate.

Additionally, we are looking into a specialized command so that <stnpc> does not target other players' Trust NPCs. However, I cannot give a specific date for implementation at this time.

Source
[+]
By itchi508 2013-12-17 11:32:13
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »
The best setup for healing Kupipi, Excenmille and Curilla. Those three you will be able to get around 30 merits (while double xp is up and RoE) in Kamihr on rabbits + raez in roughly 30 mins~ on Samurai. Usually can get up to chain 8 around I-11 J10.
I used those 3 and i was Fell cleaving in morimor for Multiple II. Fast exp and very easy. full time PDT & 5/5 Cizin. I was /dnc incase but i don't believe i cured myself so you could /sam. These npc are definitely fun & helpful
By Sommer 2013-12-17 14:03:25
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ackeronll said: »

Some options are still open.

Possible answers.
Fragmentation/Distortion/Light/Darkness

Some one will need to see if you can link it with a Fragmentation or Distortion type WS to see how the combo works.

Looks like it will be like an Empy/Relic WS though.

Most likely though its Fragmentation/Darkness since if Distortion KCC > Wheeling would likely end up being Fusion.

Wheeling thrust does light, posted a screenshot a page or or so ago.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-12-18 18:22:23
Link | Citer | R

New post about Trust here.
Akihiko_Matsui said:
Random_person_he_replied_to said:
Curilla can’t hold hate very well and Ayame’s damage is not very good.
We’ll be making adjustments to tank NPCs to improve their behavior and increase their damage output so that they can gain more enmity and thus better hold the target's attention. We’ll also be increasing the damage output of damage dealing NPCs.

There is also a bug with Curilla and Excenmille where they cure themselves too frequently trying to gain enmity, and we’ll be fixing their AI as well as making other NPC AI improvements in the next version update.

If an NPC is in the midst of casting a healing spell and the battle ends, their casting is interrupted. Can you please fix this?
In the future we will be making it so even when you are not in battle the NPCs will use enhancing magic and healing magic.

Even though I have item level 117-119 weapons equipped, why are the NPCs using Red Lotus Blade?
The weapon skills used by each Trust NPC are pre-determined. We’ve been looking into adjustments so that they use weapon skills that fit the level they are, but there are cases where the optimal weapon skills change depending on the monster and conditions, so giving consideration for skill chain elements, we made all of them use the same weapon skills. However, we’d like to continue to look into the weapon skills used by Trust NPCs further.

Trust NPCs won’t enter battle unless I initiate the fight. Can you please fix this?
We were thinking really hard about the conditions for beginning battles with Trust NPCs.

We had looked into the same system as avatars, but we thought there would be some negatives associated with the system if they automatically started attacking aggressive monsters that aggroed you. We’d like to continue to look into the conditions for beginning battles a bit more.

Does Nanaa Mihgo have Treasure Hunter? And can you give her dual wield?
Nanaa Mihgo has Treasure Hunter I. The Treasure Hunter for Trust NPCs works the same was as that of pets.

In regards to dual wield, as we need to create these animations from scratch and it would take just as long as adding a totally new NPC, it’s a bit difficult for us to address this at the moment. We’d first like to prioritize adding new Trust NPCs.

When I use waypoints to move around the NPCs don’t follow.
We’ve confirmed a bug where NPCs do not move when using waypoints or survival skills. I apologize for the inconvenience, but we are currently working on a fix.

Can you separate the Trust spells from our other spells?
We are looking into separating it into an individual category in a future version update.

I’d like to be able to call out Trust NPCs when I’m in a party of two or three people.
We would like to make it possible to summon Trust NPCs while in a party in the future.

We’ll continue to improve NPC AI, increase the content and areas in which Trust NPCs can be summoned, and make other adjustments to the system, so we’d love it if you keep giving your feedback.

To sum it up. Nanaa has TH1, she probably won't be getting DW, they know DMG is low and plan to fix it, they are gonna try fixing our PLDs cure spam and enmity issues, they plan to make NPCs buff and heal outside of combat, they are looking into fixing NPC WSs so they don't use stupid ones, they are looking into changing how they engage so we don't have to hit the mob first, and they are looking into party compatibility.

I added 3 new sections to the OP, Future Adjustments: Currently Confirmed, Future Adjustments: Being Looked Into, and Confirmed Bugs. Hopefully the addition of these can help cut down new threads about the bugs and such that I think keep popping up! D:
 Siren.Kentai
Serveur: Siren
user: Kentai713
By Siren.Kentai 2013-12-19 10:40:04
Link | Citer | R

Akihiko_Matsui said:
In regards to dual wield, as we need to create these animations from scratch and it would take just as long as adding a totally new NPC, it’s a bit difficult for us to address this at the moment. We’d first like to prioritize adding new Trust NPCs.

They have bascially all the assets they need already to do this...

1. There are animations in place for a mithra dual-wielding daggers, the ONLY acception is Nanaa's special move, King Cobra Clamp.

2. Nanaa's face is not unique, which goes along with point 1, there are animations for her mithra model with her face dual-wielding daggers.

3. Her armor model appears to be the same as a normal doublet, only the texture appears to be unique. I may have to look at it again to be sure.

They should be able to do this with minimal effort, as far as I can tell. The only two snags, which are small, are getting a dual-wield animation on KCC, and reassigning her body armor textures to an identical mithra model (with the same face and hair) that is dual-wielding daggers.
By volkom 2013-12-19 11:05:42
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kentai said: »
Akihiko_Matsui said:

They have bascially all the assets they need already to do this...

1. There are animations in place for a mithra dual-wielding daggers, the ONLY acception is Nanaa's special move, King Cobra Clamp.

2. Nanaa's face is not unique, which goes along with point 1, there are animations for her mithra model with her face dual-wielding daggers.

3. Her armor model appears to be the same as a normal doublet, only the texture appears to be unique. I may have to look at it again to be sure.

They should be able to do this with minimal effort, as far as I can tell. The only two snags, which are small, are getting a dual-wield animation on KCC, and reassigning her body armor textures to an identical mithra model (with the same face and hair) that is dual-wielding daggers.

looks unique to me
 Siren.Kentai
Serveur: Siren
user: Kentai713
By Siren.Kentai 2013-12-19 11:11:59
Link | Citer | R

The texture is definitely unique, but it's just a re-skin of another armor model. The hood and the front and sides of the bottom of the shirt make me think it's the doublet/brigandine model, with a custom texture applied. The legs are just the base model legs with a new texture to make the stitched sections near the knee caps. I'm sure the feet models are re-used as well. So the torso, hands, legs, and feet are all models from other armor sets that have been retextured.

So, the texture's unique, the model underneath is not.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2013-12-24 05:20:24
Link | Citer | R

Can summon trust npcs in grand palace of hu'xzoi, but not in garden of ru'hmet....

is this intended or just stupid/broken?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-12-24 05:27:32
Link | Citer | R

Also can't be summoned in the past whatsoever from what I could see. Overall, I'm abit disappointed with how limited they are.

SE only mentioned exclusion from battlefield-type events and such, so not sure why they're locked from there, or the past.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-12-24 05:35:48
Link | Citer | R

My pink t-shirt is just a reskin of my white hoodie without the hood, half sleeves and less fiber.
And don't make me start on my skirts, merely a half dress! Clothing business is such a ripoff!
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-12-24 06:07:25
Link | Citer | R

Update todaytomorrow should be the New Years event, adding those NPCs listed in the OP. Hope we get some extra AI/Location adjustments as well, but no word right now on anything besides the NPCs.

Edit: Misread the time of the update, its tomorrow, not today.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2013-12-24 17:10:05
Link | Citer | R

anyone know why my Ayame has 172 mp? Thought she was sam only
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 70 71 72