Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » Bubble Trouble: A Geomancer Guide
Bubble Trouble: A Geomancer Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 73 74 75
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-03-29 00:16:36
Link | Citer | R

The balamor type has add effect bio on one of it's aoe melee attack, irrc. Poison aura on the salamander would be pretty plausible considering he had one in the missions. No idea about the ..... the hell are those? Weird Caturae-esque thing?

I've been in range of all of them(the 3 we've managed to find anyway) but The last thing I was paying attention to was poison.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-03-30 06:53:32
Link | Citer | R

Sooo... Everybody confirmed Azimuth gaiters are fixed duration now and not %? >___>
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2015-03-30 14:39:55
Link | Citer | R

Hello ^^
Atm i try to upgrade a little my Geo dual, what element of Af/relic/empy Geo is good for a buff/nuke job ?

Thks in advance
 Sylph.Limlight
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Limlight 2015-04-03 20:46:13
Link | Citer | R

Question about skilling up geomancy/handbell on my mules. Is there any "best" way to do it? Cast luopan onto mobs, or just stand and spam cast low cost spells on yourself? It's going to take awhile that's all that I know for certain -_-
By Chimerawizard 2015-04-04 00:06:39
Link | Citer | R

on mobs.
I like lair reives.

geo-poison
full circle
repeat

casting indi-refresh and refresh as needed. Took me like 1 day to cap.
 Sylph.Limlight
By Sylph.Limlight 2015-04-04 01:27:48
Link | Citer | R

thanks a bunch!
By Funf 2015-04-04 22:38:16
Link | Citer | R

can someone post their pet:regen set? i have azimuth head and feet +1 for 6 regen and telchine gloves with +3 augment for a total of 9. you guys just using augmented gear to fill the rest or are their other accesories i should be getting?
By Jadey 2015-04-04 22:51:34
Link | Citer | R

Pet: Regen +3 on head/body/hands/legs/feet and an Isa Belt to make 16. You can get +3 from Emp 119 Head and Relic 119 feet, then roll +3 augments on Helios or Telchine for the rest.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-04-04 22:57:20
Link | Citer | R

You can also get a Pet:Regen+3 augment on Nehushtan(the alluvion skirmish club.)
By Funf 2015-04-04 23:05:50
Link | Citer | R

is there a cap to pet regen?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-04-04 23:12:20
Link | Citer | R

Not that we know of.

But keep in mind that even if you reach positive/tick perp on luopans, they have a ten min duration hard cap. At ten minutes in they depop even if they still have HP.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-04-06 05:47:38
Link | Citer | R

I was testing out, the proc rate of the COMPLETE Azimuth Attire +1, and these where my results.

Out of a sample size of 50, the ratio stood at 8:50, was procced.
yes, it is a true negation, not like conserve MP. No I was not in a Adoulin zone to test this, incase you where wondering.
that means that out of my sample, of 50, the % was about 16%.
WHICH ISN'T BAD GOING.

Sample 2 of 50 resulted in a Ration of 2:50
Leading this sample to have a percentage of 4%

If you factor into account that this is technically 10:100, this means that I had a Proc rate of 10%
 Sylph.Ice
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2015-04-08 00:48:08
Link | Citer | R

Anyone able to post some of their elemental sets, preferably low M.ACC and High M.ACC? Haven't seen many recently.
By Foldypaws 2015-04-09 17:24:07
Link | Citer | R

Normal:
main="Marin Staff",sub="Elder's Grip +1",ammo="Ghastly tathlum +1",head="Hagondes hat +1",neck="Saevus Pendant +1",ear1="Crematio Earring",ear2="Friomisi Earring",body="Hagondes Coat +1",hands="Helios gloves",ring1="Shiva Ring +1",ring2="Shiva Ring +1",back="Toro Cape",waist="Yamabuki-no-obi",legs="Hagondes Pants +1",feet="Helios boots"

High Macc:
main="Marin Staff",sub="Elder's Grip +1",ammo="Ombre tathlum +1",head="Helios band",neck="Eddy Necklace",ear1="Crematio Earring",ear2="Friomisi Earring",body="Helios Jacket",hands="Helios gloves",ring1="Shiva Ring +1",ring2="Shiva Ring +1",back="Toro Cape",waist="Yamabuki-no-obi",legs="Telchine braconi",feet="Helios boots"

Assume all Hagondes to have as close to MAB +30 as you can get it, and all Skirmish armor to have as close to INT +10 MAB/MACC +20.

High Macc can substitute Azimuth Body +1 or Hagondes Pants +1 with MAcc augment in relevant slot.
By Funf 2015-04-13 17:48:37
Link | Citer | R

what is the damage reduction cap for loupons? is it still 87.5% like other pets? if so is it possible to come even close to that? idris would be 25%, dunna another 5%, geo hands -11 so that's 41%. if u had perfect augments on helios or something you could gain another 16% for a total of 57% add in accessories (handlers earrings, lifestream cape, and delve belt) would bring you to 72%. am i missing anything else? only piece that you wouldn't have - damage is rings, neck piece, and a shield.
By charlo999 2015-04-13 18:15:37
Link | Citer | R

They get an innate 50% DT.
By Funf 2015-04-13 18:38:32
Link | Citer | R

ah okay so only need 37.5% on top of that then
 Bismarck.Johnb
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2015-04-14 03:03:27
Link | Citer | R

I noticed it says Tuahjebat and Idris for Luopan -dt set on first post, but isn't Tuahjebat a staff? Can't dual wield Staff and a Club (Idris).
 Bismarck.Johnb
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2015-04-15 02:03:18
Link | Citer | R

Chimerawizard said: »
on mobs.
I like lair reives.

geo-poison
full circle
repeat

casting indi-refresh and refresh as needed. Took me like 1 day to cap.

How do you survive? Do you just solo the reives on GEO?
By Chimerawizard 2015-04-15 03:25:46
Link | Citer | R

Stand at the very edge <1' away from where it will try to kick you out of the reive. I did it in ceizak where the enemies will not venture within agro range when standing that far away.

EDIT: Just did a full 3 hours spamming the rotation, until ionis wore. Both were 66 skill at start, and they ended at 231 & 226.
By ClaudeusXI 2015-04-15 09:26:44
Link | Citer | R

Any good up to date geo luas out there? It doesn't have to include empyrean. I hope someone is willing to share. Send me a PM, please.
By Gruknor 2015-04-15 18:52:03
Link | Citer | R

ClaudeusXI said: »
Any good up to date geo luas out there? It doesn't have to include empyrean. I hope someone is willing to share. Send me a PM, please.

You can easily edit luas, just use notepad++ and make sure to save it as .lua. I admit the basic geo lua is sparse, you can easily change the equipment stuff to better suit your needs. You have to be able to do it anyway. This game is always changing when it comes to gear and best in slot for certain situations.
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Darvamos 2015-04-15 18:58:34
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Johnb said: »
I noticed it says Tuahjebat and Idris for Luopan -dt set on first post, but isn't Tuahjebat a staff? Can't dual wield Staff and a Club (Idris).
Nope you can't! What it is saying is what to use if you don't have an Idris.
By ClaudeusXI 2015-04-16 12:44:03
Link | Citer | R

Yep, I am reworking an old one. Just need to figure out how to differentiate between low tier nukes and tier3+.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-04-20 04:09:43
Link | Citer | R

Speaking of -ra spells, how do you people handle them in your luas for your sets?

Atm in my SCH lua I have a very very very simplified representation with 4 sets, the GEO lua is mostly based on this representation.
Basically a set focusing more on mab for Tier 3 and higher spells (and -gaII) and a set focusing on INT/Mdam for Tier 1-2 spells (and -ga1).
The two sets are very similar because of my lack of options in the various equipment slots.
Both sets have a "normal" and a "macc" version.

Atm I think my -ra spells on GEO use the high tier version. (Mab)
Which sets do you use for -ra spells?
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-04-20 08:17:03
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Speaking of -ra spells, how do you people handle them in your luas for your sets?

Atm in my SCH lua I have a very very very simplified representation with 4 sets, the GEO lua is mostly based on this representation.
Basically a set focusing more on mab for Tier 3 and higher spells (and -gaII) and a set focusing on INT/Mdam for Tier 1-2 spells (and -ga1).
The two sets are very similar because of my lack of options in the various equipment slots.
Both sets have a "normal" and a "macc" version.

Atm I think my -ra spells on GEO use the high tier version. (Mab)
Which sets do you use for -ra spells?

I do exactly as you describe. T 1-2 spells + T1 Ra are in my LowTier mapping. (I also have few options, but working on it)
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-04-22 11:51:37
Link | Citer | R

Now that nuking seems to be a more utilized strategy for content these days, what Macc swaps are people using in their Vagary/Delve2/High level mob sets? I'm finding my resist rate to just be too high for my liking and most of the time I'm not allowed to use Focus for myself. Many of the main page swaps seem to be huge INT/Matk losses like Refraction Cape and Artsieq Body. Helios Head with a split Macc/Matk aug seems to be pretty awesome for this kind of set.
 Asura.Fiv
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2015-04-22 12:31:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Failaras said: »
Now that nuking seems to be a more utilized strategy for content these days, what Macc swaps are people using in their Vagary/Delve2/High level mob sets? I'm finding my resist rate to just be too high for my liking and most of the time I'm not allowed to use Focus for myself. Many of the main page swaps seem to be huge INT/Matk losses like Refraction Cape and Artsieq Body. Helios Head with a split Macc/Matk aug seems to be pretty awesome for this kind of set.
I don't think i would gear around the original post in this thread, i don't have GEO but a lot of the sets were wrong when they were not outdated, now there even worse and they get much worse every time the game is updated.

As far as vagary, you can try to get a 2nd GEO in the nuking party, thats what my group generally does, so we can languor/focus, and more.

As i said i don't have GEO, i have SCH and BLM though and i generally don't need magic accuracy sets unless were kiting when we dont bring a PLD or were missing a GEO. In those situations my mid magic accuracy nuking sets look like this though:

ItemSet 334877
Obviously can't use the staff and cape on GEO.
Helios Band: MAB+24 Occult+10 Burst+10%
Hands: Magic Accuracy +24
Legs: MAB+30
Boots: INT+9 MAB+22 Occult+10

The only pieces changed from my normal set were hands, head, body, neck.

If you need even more, you can go MAB/Macc combo on helios pieces, i would shy away from dropping INT for direct magic accuracy because if your resist rate is that bad theirs a chance that the mob is just really high level, and dINT would be 1:1 magic accuracy at that rate potentially, so something like shiva +1 would be 9 macc as well as damage. Also GEO empy 119 body looks like a great macc nuking piece as well.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-04-22 12:51:49
Link | Citer | R

I find that my Sch/Blm friends have very little issue with resists in areas where I have quite a lot of issues, which is one of the reasons I get asked to not do Focus a lot of the time, plus I might be buffing a DD party in which I need to be doing buffs that don't do anything for me as is. For example I still get pretty heavy resists in Delve 2 in which I am buffing Fury/Frailty/Malaise for the DDs. I have split Macc/Matk on Helios Hands and Feet and am definitely looking at getting that on Helios Head. I like the Azimuth Coat +1 suggestion, that thing looks amazing for accuracy.

I'm currently using ItemSet 334396 which I acknowledge is a bit gimp, when I retired and sold my Shiva+1s they were something like 3m and now they are 10m and Elders+1 is pretty hard to even find on the AH these days.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 73 74 75