Forum » FFXI » General » vanishing chatlog
vanishing chatlog
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
Serveur: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2009-07-21 15:41:27
Link | Citer | R

first happened about 10 minutes before servers shutdown today. everytime i hit + enter, to expand the chatlog, it disappears. It just goes blank, and when i minimise it again its still blank =/ So if i miss a tell or something and try to check it the entire log is just gone. no idea whats causung it, ni've changed absolutely nothing on my pc lately.
Anyone else experiencing this or know what might be causing it? its getting kinda frustrating.
Serveur: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-21 15:45:45
Link | Citer | R

Kunimitsu said:
first happened about 10 minutes before servers shutdown today. everytime i hit + enter, to expand the chatlog, it disappears. It just goes blank, and when i minimise it again its still blank =/ So if i miss a tell or something and try to check it the entire log is just gone. no idea whats causung it, ni've changed absolutely nothing on my pc lately.
Anyone else experiencing this or know what might be causing it? its getting kinda frustrating.

You know, that happened to a friend of mine the other day. I though it was just him...

Weird.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Serveur: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-07-21 15:45:53
Link | Citer | R

Usually happens when dual boxing with multiple instances of ffxi+windower.

Either way, its a windower issue.
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2009-07-21 15:48:20
Link | Citer | R

strange it's never happened before. and i only have 1 account so no dual boxing for me. oh well hopefully it will fix itself then.
 Asura.Artemicion
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-21 15:49:36
Link | Citer | R

Something similar happened to me when I was double boxing. Basically it would mirror my main character's chat log over to my other account's chat box as well. It was downright freaky. It was as if both toons were talking to the same people and experiencing the same thing on the chat log. Not sure what the cause of this was >.>
 Asura.Skinwalker
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Skinwalker 2009-07-21 16:00:01
Link | Citer | R

This happens to me on occasion. I full screen the chat log and go through all the tabs until I come across the chat again. However, whenever I do this it will not show me the most recent 6 or so lines of chat. So I can see the chat but not any new lines until newer lines push it down the log. It usually corrects itself if you log off for a period of time. I'm actually having a new issue with my windower. I was online for a few hours when I went to respond to a tell and my windower locked up and windows gave me a C++ error stating "This application has been asked to shut down in unusual way". When I logged on again the same thing. I found that it happens as soon as I try and type anything. I can use my controller but not my keyboard...
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-21 16:00:57
Link | Citer | R

Weird, my friend isn't dual boxing, so I know that's not the case...
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-07-21 16:06:19
Link | Citer | R

NOOOOOOOOOOO KUNIIIII
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-07-21 16:09:51
Link | Citer | R

Xxnumbertwoxx said:

But he is using windower, right?
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-21 16:10:23
Link | Citer | R

Hypnotizd said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:

But he is using windower, right?

No comment...but let's just say "maybe"
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-21 16:10:43
Link | Citer | R

Wow how the *** did my quote get above what I quoted LMAO
 Remora.Ninian
Serveur: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-07-21 16:25:52
Link | Citer | R

Kunimitsu said:

I've had this, no idea what caused it. It seems to be fine now though. :/

Edit: Using windower, but not multiple instances of it.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-07-21 16:38:02
Link | Citer | R

lol #2 that is weird
 Garuda.Celille
user: Celille
By Garuda.Celille 2009-07-21 16:51:14
Link | Citer | R

Its a bug caused by the windower plugin spellcast. I've had this issue for at least a month now, but I guess I see it as a sacrifice for having a decent set of macros.

Also if its really that important, you could just ask the person to repeat what he/she said.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-07-21 16:55:02
Link | Citer | R

Celille said:
Its a bug caused by the windower plugin spellcast.

Hmm, I'm going to have to disagree with that. I don't have the spellcast plugin and this still happens to me. Well, at least spellcast isn't the ONLY cause of this problem anyway... it might contribute to it.
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2009-07-21 17:22:19
Link | Citer | R

Celille said:
Its a bug caused by the windower plugin spellcast. I've had this issue for at least a month now, but I guess I see it as a sacrifice for having a decent set of macros.

Also if its really that important, you could just ask the person to repeat what he/she said.

True but it's annoying if you afk for a while and come back and can't check if you've had any tells or anything.
Anyway my game froze and when i logged back it seems to have fixed itself. lolWhich was strange in itself cause i've never froze like that before. opened up my menu and and everything just stopped. But meh, working now, hope it stays fixed. <3 spellcast too much to turn it off =[
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [126 days between previous and next post]
 Unicorn.Gholataru
Serveur: Unicorn
user: gholataru
By Unicorn.Gholataru 2009-11-25 03:00:08
Link | Citer | R

I'm having this same problem. It didn't happen before a few months ago, but I've been using spellcast for some time now. Restarting the game makes it work. Also, it seems like an intermittent problem.