Forum » FFXIV » General » Looking to buy a PC to run 14
Looking to buy a PC to run 14
 Sylph.Ashiya
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Ashee
By Sylph.Ashiya 2013-11-24 16:34:11
Link | Citer | R

As the title implies. My husband's looking for a proper pc to run ARR. Budget wise I'd say around 500-700 dollars. Was wondering if anyone here with knowledge of pcs and parts know what he can get with that kind of money that will run the game smoothly. =) All comments and ideas will be taken into consideration.
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXIV
By Penelope Laertes 2013-11-24 20:53:51
Link | Citer | R

desktop with I5 or higher processor 4gb+ RAM and a decent video card, definately do-able for ~$700. Wouldn't recommend cheap walmart pc's. Dell, Toshiba and others offer build your own with free shipping usually.
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXIV
By Penelope Laertes 2013-11-24 20:55:06
Link | Citer | R

or a PS3 or PS4 cheaper alternative with added benefits :)
 Bahamut.Milamber
Serveur: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2013-11-25 17:28:59
Link | Citer | R

Notes: a SDD loads areas and cutscenes a good 2-5 seconds over a HDD, in our experience. This is on somewhat outdated base hardware (processor, motherboard are over 5 years old now).
 Bahamut.Bekisa
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2013-12-24 12:25:45
Link | Citer | R

My wifes PC plays FFXIV just fine with it set to the preset profile Desktop medium or whatever is like 3-4 down on the list from the top of presets. I have shadows turned off for others/monsters and don't render objects out of view since it's a major task without a GPU and likely to kill her performance. Hardware only not including a monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers cost just over $500.

i5 second gen CPU, with 8GB RAM and uses on-board video. It could use a dedicated graphics card and SSD but it works great for what she needs it for. She gets a solid 60fps on it most times except during very heavily loaded down FATE runs.

Go to Newegg.com and just pick an i5, then find their recommended list of items. Sorry at the moment I don't have a lot of free time (at work!) to build you a system. Maybe I can later though if you want to message me privately or I'll try to remember to check this.

If you need software and other hardware items you system is going to be at least $700 for an i5 setup. Just remember you don't need more than 1 video card with i5 most times as your likely to cap out your CPU throughput and not see much of a difference. Multi-GPU's go with an i7.

Keep in mind this is not all inclusive information and there are random yes/no's for everything :) If you are willing to drop your game visual settings I'm sure you can get away with an i3 setup too.