Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Kittycaper
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Kittycaper 2013-10-27 01:10:58
Link | Citer | R

Thank you for sharing going to check it out...nothing worse then running to a fate...standing there...seeing nothing...and then it's over but if you're lucky and happen to hit one of the mobs that might show it's self to you then you get 1kish.
 Lakshmi.Cledant
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Latifah
By Lakshmi.Cledant 2013-10-27 02:06:14
Link | Citer | R

interesting
 Fenrir.Mariane
Serveur: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2013-10-27 08:13:09
Link | Citer | R

SSD is only faster than a normal HDD because there's no motor/arm heads assembly. FFXIV with it's billion of files make a perfect test case for SSD performance.
 Bahamut.Striker
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Striker 2013-10-27 09:05:37
Link | Citer | R

I was really hoping that SE wouldn't put their foot in their mouths by releasing on a console that was already several years old again.
 Fenrir.Mariane
By Fenrir.Mariane 2013-10-27 09:36:43
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Striker said: »
I was really hoping that SE wouldn't put their foot in their mouths by releasing on a console that was already several years old again.

The game was made in 2010. They're just releasing now because it flopped so hard in 2010 they had no chance to release it when the PS3 was RELEVANT. So there's no "put their foot in their mouths" on this. Only them trying to not waste the money they already spent on developing it.
By Jetackuu 2013-10-27 19:24:25
Link | Citer | R

There's another difference in that XIV was designed for the PC, XI was designed for PS2. There's an entire world of difference in between the two.
 Quetzalcoatl.Gencay
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gencay
By Quetzalcoatl.Gencay 2013-10-28 03:01:00
Link | Citer | R

hmm might have to think about that if i decide to go to FF14. So sense its the HD it will erase my saves and i will have to start all the games i have from scratch though right?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-10-28 03:15:14
Link | Citer | R

You can do a full system backup, which will keep everything. It takes a little time, I think mine was about an hour. After you've installed your new HD, all you need to do is do a restore and you should be good to go.
[+]
 Bahamut.Striker
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Striker 2013-10-28 11:24:11
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Mariane said: »

The game was made in 2010. They're just releasing now because it flopped so hard in 2010 they had no chance to release it when the PS3 was RELEVANT. So there's no "put their foot in their mouths" on this. Only them trying to not waste the money they already spent on developing it.
Jetackuu said: »

There's another difference in that XIV was designed for the PC, XI was designed for PS2. There's an entire world of difference in between the two.
You both have missed my point of the physical hardware limitations that SE now has to keep in mind since they released to the PS3 crowd. Instead of PC and the PS4 which was in development at the time of the redesign. I played ffxi on the PS2 when it was a 6GB install on AoL dial-up and was able to get along fine. Now the game files have doubled in size since release, if I try to run it on a DSL connection it is virtually unplayable. With every update late in the franchise SE was hoping the PS2 would hold together. Seeing as how I am running off of a 7200 RPM HDD and my PC is not top of the line yet my load times are a fraction of what is in the video, I believe I can see the same pattern happening again. FFXIV: ARR had such a complete redesign that it even has a new graphics engine. Remember that the PS3 is 7 years old now, for comparison the PS2 was 2 years old when FFXI launched on it.
 Fenrir.Mariane
By Fenrir.Mariane 2013-10-28 11:42:05
Link | Citer | R

You both have missed my point of the physical hardware limitations that SE now has to keep in mind since they released to the PS3 crowd. Instead of PC and the PS4 which was in development at the time of the redesign. I played ffxi on the PS2 when it was a 6GB install on AoL dial-up and was able to get along fine. Now the game files have doubled in size since release, if I try to run it on a DSL connection it is virtually unplayable. With every update late in the franchise SE was hoping the PS2 would hold together. Seeing as how I am running off of a 7200 RPM HDD and my PC is not top of the line yet my load times are a fraction of what is in the video, I believe I can see the same pattern happening again. FFXIV: ARR had such a complete redesign that it even has a new graphics engine. Remember that the PS3 is 7 years old now, for comparison the PS2 was 2 years old when FFXI launched on it.

You missed my point. FFXIV was in development since 2005 (it was supposed to be a PS3/PC game so it was planned to work with the technology of the time) and got delayed at least three times. They would not rework/retool the whole game because of the delays. So to not waste the already spent investor money they choose to release it anyway. They're being political. That was my point.
By Jetackuu 2013-10-28 21:24:37
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Mariane said: »

Jetackuu said: »

I didn't miss that point, I just ignored that point as you missed the point that the two aren't comparable.

The main thing holding back XI is it's code, not "PS2 support."

To say XIV will be in the same boat because of the PS3 is a severely ignorant statement.
By Lachun 2013-10-29 14:32:45
Link | Citer | R

FFXIV will be coming out for PS4 with the beta starting early next year. The people that are now playing on PS3, if they choose to play on PS4, will have the transfer for the next generation console for free. I wouldn't worry about the hardware being out of date anytime soon.
 Quetzalcoatl.Gencay
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gencay
By Quetzalcoatl.Gencay 2013-10-29 16:27:52
Link | Citer | R

I think the SSD idea is good if you don't wanna blow like 600-800 bucks for the PS4 when it hits?
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Gawdless
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2013-10-29 16:47:21
Link | Citer | R

I got a 500gig SSD for my ps4 for ffxiv >.>