Frustrated By SE's "security"

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » Frustrated by SE's "security"
Frustrated by SE's "security"
By Wenuden 2013-10-23 19:22:38
Link | Citer | R

So I played FFXI for 9 years. Went through all of their "security upgrade" stuff, to include all of the SE ID/security token stuff, linking accounts, whatnot. I quit a couple years ago and haven't looked back.

Fast forward to yesterday. I picked up FFXIV for PS3 to give it a shot. Went through the whole process of updating the launcher, and while that was going on, logged into SE's website with my old SE ID and password. Linked my PSN account to my SE ID, started poking around race/class info to prep for character creation.

Update finished, I launch 14, and click the button saying I already have an SE ID (because I do). Put in my SE ID and password, leaving OTP field blank, click next. ID or Password not correct. OK. SE ID, password, and OTP. Same result. I try again and end up locking myself out. OK, back to the PC and SE's website. Log out, try to log back in and my password doesn't work. OK, lets see what this log in with Facebook button does. Low and behold, it works, although I don't know how or why.

OK, lets try this again. Three more attempts and fails to log into the launcher result in my clicking the button saying I've forgotten my password. Enter my e-mail address twice, click next, and get a return message saying there is no SE ID linked to this e-mail. Turn around to PC, click profile info on SE website, there's my SE ID, Wenuden, with the same e-mail address listed under it that I just input into the game... Now I'm getting frustrated. It's 22 hours later, I sent 2 support requests today and have yet to receive an e-mail back (what's up with no phone or chat support like with XI?). Even attempted to make a new SE ID with my old user name, but of course it's taken.

Has anyone else had any similar issues with SE ID problems? I'm sure they've made changes to their system in the past two years that I'm not aware of. Any advice, other than wait for support?
By DrGonzo 2013-10-23 20:26:27
Link | Citer | R

At least once a day it says my password has been reset because of suspicious activity. The other day, it reset four times while I was logging in at out throughout the evening. I usually log in once a day at around 8-9PM EST and log out at midnight.

Suspicious my ***.

I can imagine more bugs if my traffic is considered suspicious.
 Bahamut.Milamber
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2013-10-24 07:05:52
Link | Citer | R

Wenuden said: »
So I played FFXI for 9 years. Went through all of their "security upgrade" stuff, to include all of the SE ID/security token stuff, linking accounts, whatnot. I quit a couple years ago and haven't looked back.

Fast forward to yesterday. I picked up FFXIV for PS3 to give it a shot. Went through the whole process of updating the launcher, and while that was going on, logged into SE's website with my old SE ID and password. Linked my PSN account to my SE ID, started poking around race/class info to prep for character creation.

Update finished, I launch 14, and click the button saying I already have an SE ID (because I do). Put in my SE ID and password, leaving OTP field blank, click next. ID or Password not correct. OK. SE ID, password, and OTP. Same result. I try again and end up locking myself out. OK, back to the PC and SE's website. Log out, try to log back in and my password doesn't work. OK, lets see what this log in with Facebook button does. Low and behold, it works, although I don't know how or why.

OK, lets try this again. Three more attempts and fails to log into the launcher result in my clicking the button saying I've forgotten my password. Enter my e-mail address twice, click next, and get a return message saying there is no SE ID linked to this e-mail. Turn around to PC, click profile info on SE website, there's my SE ID, Wenuden, with the same e-mail address listed under it that I just input into the game... Now I'm getting frustrated. It's 22 hours later, I sent 2 support requests today and have yet to receive an e-mail back (what's up with no phone or chat support like with XI?). Even attempted to make a new SE ID with my old user name, but of course it's taken.

Has anyone else had any similar issues with SE ID problems? I'm sure they've made changes to their system in the past two years that I'm not aware of. Any advice, other than wait for support?
Welcome to XIV!
Unfortunately, can't say that Kara or I had any such issues. Good luck, and keep trying!
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2013-10-24 08:14:03
Link | Citer | R

Can always make a new account unless you still want to use your stuff for XI. XIV also uses a different system than the one for XI it uses the mog station so you should try there if you havent already.
 Quetzalcoatl.Gencay
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Gencay
By Quetzalcoatl.Gencay 2013-10-24 10:48:42
Link | Citer | R

Wenuden said: »

there is FF14 phone help i think cause w/e i call 11 help desk they ask if i am calling for 11 or 14 help so try the 11 phone number and see if that helps any.
By Wenuden 2013-11-05 20:08:49
Link | Citer | R

I ended up just making a new SE ID and starting XIV with that. A week and a half later, I got an e-mail back from SE giving no helpful information for the issue I had.

Milamber, what server did y'all end up on? I tried to do Balmung, but it was closed when I started, and then apparently opened back up 3 or 4 days later. :(