Shut 'em Down!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Shut 'em down!
Shut 'em down!
First Page 2 3 ... 96 97 98 ... 99 100 101
 Siren.Flavin
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-11-01 13:39:02
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
I KNOW HE SAID IT BUT ITS OUT OF CONTEXT BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH there I made the pathetic argument you will likely hide behind for you
I never said they haven't talked about it... but my ridiculous commments are about as likely as what you stated yes...

You seem to be making up arguments by yourself and then completing them for yourself as well lol...
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-11-01 13:39:15
Link | Citer | R

Aman really wan't this to go to 99 if he's double posting.
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-11-01 13:40:21
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
I've double posted lol... no biggie... He's just making and having an argument with himself on both sides... it's quite entertaining lol...
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-11-01 13:41:21
Link | Citer | R

guessing you didn't even watch the President in his own words did you?
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-11-01 13:43:09
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Flavin said: »
I've double posted lol... no biggie... He's just making and having an argument with himself on both sides... it's quite entertaining lol...

We've got about 3/4ths of a page to go, right?
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-11-01 13:44:20
Link | Citer | R

So tell me do you think the President was just telling a joke in those speeches? Perhaps he was just lying? You think that?

Look at the actual results from the insurance cancellations and the ushering onto the Exchanges. Look at what was said beforehand. You know it's reality, why deny?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-11-01 13:52:31
Link | Citer | R

With some people, there could be a person mugging you at gunpoint, while another guy rapes your girlfriend or wife, but they said that they are a liberal just like them and it is all ok.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-11-01 14:00:01
Link | Citer | R

So tell me do you think the President was just telling a joke in those speeches? Perhaps he was just lying? You think that?

Look at the actual results from the insurance cancellations and the ushering onto the Exchanges. Look at what was said beforehand. You know it's reality, why deny?
Break the system through government action. Then propose more government action to fix it. What could go wrong?

Have we talked yet about how raising deductibles and out of pocket expenses actually causes people to seek fewer healthcare visits and therefore have less quality care?
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-11-01 14:00:43
Link | Citer | R

guessing you didn't even watch the President in his own words did you?
/sigh
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-11-01 14:01:37
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
With some people, there could be a person mugging you at gunpoint, while another guy rapes your girlfriend or wife, but they said that they are a liberal just like them and it is all ok.
What's wrong with you?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-11-01 14:03:35
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
What's wrong with you?

Nobodylovedhim.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-11-01 14:04:14
Link | Citer | R

Considering the dates, I would think that if the initial intention was to introduce single-payer, that notion has probably dissolved into something more practical like what's being introduced in the ACA. It will progressively be molded and has been molded to accommodate. Evolution is not only applicable to the fauna and flora.

I think you're really blowing it out of proportion (and bordering on paranoia) when you deny that we have always and will always be a bicameral nation. I can't help but think that sensationalism is what is leading all of us down a gritty path, and jumping the gun instead of allowing a trial or incubation period to even take effect is silly.

You seem to forget that 2016 is coming soon too.
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-11-01 14:04:29
Link | Citer | R

So tell me do you think the President was just telling a joke in those speeches? Perhaps he was just lying? You think that? Look at the actual results from the insurance cancellations and the ushering onto the Exchanges. Look at what was said beforehand. You know it's reality, why deny?
You only seem to know what the conservative line is pushing... you don't actually know much else...

That and there are no results yet... The only actual thing you can say at this point is that at some point in the near future some people will no longer have the policy in 2014 that they had in 2013... you don't know where they are going or which policies they will get yet... but sure... keep talking like you know everything thats going to result from this...
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-11-01 14:12:46
Link | Citer | R

Everyone noticed the "NWO" tag in the title of the video, right? Fear-mongering. That's what I see.
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-11-01 14:17:38
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
So tell me do you think the President was just telling a joke in those speeches? Perhaps he was just lying? You think that? Look at the actual results from the insurance cancellations and the ushering onto the Exchanges. Look at what was said beforehand. You know it's reality, why deny?
Break the system through government action. Then propose more government action to fix it. What could go wrong? Have we talked yet about how raising deductibles and out of pocket expenses actually causes people to seek fewer healthcare visits and therefore have less quality care?
The system is now broken too? When did it get more broken than it already was? There's been talks for awhile that the American healthcare system needs a revamp from both sides but I guess its just completely broken now huh? Damn that ACA...

I wish you guys would at least come and say something different rather than finding different ways to spout the same unfounded rhetoric...

Does it? It really depends on the policy... many policies don't even tap the deductible or out of pocket for regular preventitive checkups but instead include a smaller co pay or something like that...

I mean there are so many arguments out there... will there be enough doctors out there to handle the influx of patients? but oh wait no... its too expensive to even see a doctor now so they'll be free up to take on anyone willing to risk a visit to the doctor I guess... More room for me!

The insurance companies are so broke now though... I wonder how they managed to provide the same exact plan for my entire company that they have since I've been here...

Don't worry guys soon all the insurance companies will go bankrupt and we can move on to our single payer plan... We won't hear anything about how they'll be recording record profits for the coming years at all...
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-11-01 14:20:34
Link | Citer | R

Everyone noticed the "NWO" tag in the title of the video, right? Fear-mongering. That's what I see.
That's what politics is about though... Fear mongering... convince the people not that you are the best candidate but that the guy running against you is even worse!

Edit: that and try to take anything you can find and use it against your oponent... it doesn't matter if it has anything to do with anything... it happened and make it seem as serious as possible!
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-11-01 14:38:29
Link | Citer | R

Um...

Nobody is denying there are liberals that want a single payer system they have been pushing for it for fifty years... Help me out here, I'm having a hard time figuring out who are you arguing with.

If you don't like ACA I recommend you refuse to sign up. The penalty is cheaper than the insurance and according to the right, the insurance doesn't actually provide any coverage anyways.

The only other hurdle is you then have to side with people like me who have Deathwish 2 style nailboards under all their windows and wear hats made of tinfoil...

/slides a roll of reynolds wrap over

It's Recycled!!!! and it fits like a glove!

well it fits like an aluminum glove...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-11-01 15:04:18
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
If you don't like ACA I recommend you refuse to sign up. The penalty is cheaper than the insurance and according to the left and right, the insurance doesn't actually provide any coverage anyways.
fixed that for ya.

those in the middle don't give a *** anyway.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-11-01 15:08:14
Link | Citer | R

When after the first month there are more insurance policy cancellations than new signups, I'd say we on the strait line track to broken. As if the insurance companies are so solid that government couldn't topple them with a 2500 page law.

Oh wait they're only canceling policies because they're greedy ***, I forgot.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2013-11-01 15:23:45
Link | Citer | R

When after the first month there are more insurance policy cancellations than new signups, I'd say we on the strait line track to broken. As if the insurance companies are so solid that government couldn't topple them with a 2500 page law. Oh wait they're only canceling policies because they're greedy ***, I forgot.
Again... hopefully I won't have to repeat this again as you have had enough time to correct your tunnel vision...

There is no dispute that some policies are being cancelled because of legal requirements set by the ACA. There are also policies being cancelled because they want to get rid of them and leading people to believe they are legally required to by the ACA... it's a dishonest policy... try to spin it however you want... I guess you can hold the government accountable but when a corp tries to pull something theres just always an excuse?

Also, just because these policies are being cancelled does not mean they are losing their customers business... this nonsense about them losing millions of customers overnight is misleading and false... Especially because, unless the policy holder specifically states they do not want another policy with their current insurer, the insurer will automatically re enroll them in a general policy... they are also welcome to shop elsewhere as well... they are hoping to shed as much bad weight as possible to the exchange... which they wouldn't have been able to do without the exchange...

But yes... keep on spouting the nonsense you love so much that insurance companies are going to go bankrupt because of this and the government is to blame for everything! Doomsday! don't worry we'll bail them out just like the banks too!

Again... I never said only... and its not so much about being greedy *** its just playing the game... a new system gets put in place and all that happens is the game changes a bit... I'm hoping this is the beginning of our attempts to fix the system but we'll have to see...

Social Security and Medicare were very unpopular when they started out and now if you tried to take them away people might bite your hand off... off to another rough start but we'll see how it turns out soon enough...
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-11-01 15:29:03
Link | Citer | R

When after the first month there are more insurance policy cancellations than new signups, I'd say we on the strait line track to broken.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-11-01 15:34:13
Link | Citer | R

What I don't get, Flavin, is how you know for a fact that there are policies being cancelled because they are getting rid of them but want to blame ACA for it.

Insurance companies love ACA. That's why they put in a lot of money in lobbying efforts and buying "presents" for the legislators who drafted the bill...

oh wait, they aren't Republicans who drafted the bill. Those "presents" are not really "presents." They are "donations" to the government, even though that "donation" was in the name of the legislator. Nope, not corrupt at all!

But anyway, why would insurance companies blame ACA for anything? They love ACA, since it forces people to be customers. That's more money for them to collect and (supposedly, according to the popular liberal crowd) deny services for.

I guess what I'm asking is, where is your proof in this assumption? How do you know that this is happening?
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-11-01 15:36:39
Link | Citer | R

pleebs, fix your picture man.
[+]
 Phoenix.Xantavia
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2013-11-01 15:41:00
Link | Citer | R

But anyway, why would insurance companies blame ACA for anything? They love ACA, since it forces people to be customers. That's more money for them to collect and (supposedly, according to the popular liberal crowd) deny services for.
Like has been said, they would love to drop customers that actually want to use the insurance they provide.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2013-11-01 15:45:21
Link | Citer | R

What I don't get, Flavin, is how you know for a fact that there are policies being cancelled because they are getting rid of them but want to blame ACA for it. Insurance companies love ACA. That's why they put in a lot of money in lobbying efforts and buying "presents" for the legislators who drafted the bill... oh wait, they aren't Republicans who drafted the bill. Those "presents" are not really "presents." They are "donations" to the government, even though that "donation" was in the name of the legislator. Nope, not corrupt at all! But anyway, why would insurance companies blame ACA for anything? They love ACA, since it forces people to be customers. That's more money for them to collect and (supposedly, according to the popular liberal crowd) deny services for. I guess what I'm asking is, where is your proof in this assumption? How do you know that this is happening?
As I've said before in previous posts... I know the same way you know about the epa v. lawnmower man...

Its not that they necassarily want to... they are taking advantage of the situation...

So you've hopped over to the ACA is great for insurers side and abandoned the whole ACA will take the industry down and in its ashes will rise a single payer system?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-11-01 15:47:03
Link | Citer | R

When after the first month there are more insurance policy cancellations than new signups, I'd say we on the strait line track to broken. As if the insurance companies are so solid that government couldn't topple them with a 2500 page law.

Oh wait they're only canceling policies because they're greedy ***, I forgot.

It's called Churn. You are only speaking of half the phenomenon. Plans are being cancelled but the same customers are opening new plans with the same provider.

If you actually worked in a subscription based business you would know what it means and wouldn't be sounding moronic at the moment.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-11-01 15:49:55
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
As I've said before in previous posts... I know the same way you know about the epa v. lawnmower man...

Its not that they necassarily want to... they are taking advantage of the situation...

So you've hopped over to the ACA is great for insurers side and abandoned the whole ACA will take the industry down and in its ashes will rise a single payer system?
You testified in court? Err, you watched the insurance company executives talked about dropping people and blaming it on ACA?
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2013-11-01 15:53:14
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
As I've said before in previous posts... I know the same way you know about the epa v. lawnmower man... Its not that they necassarily want to... they are taking advantage of the situation... So you've hopped over to the ACA is great for insurers side and abandoned the whole ACA will take the industry down and in its ashes will rise a single payer system?
You testified in court? Err, you watched the insurance company executives talked about dropping people and blaming it on ACA?
Why can't you just be a normal person and instead of making stupid comments like it being the exact same position when you know its a common paralell...

You learn things in the process of working in your industry and so do I...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-11-01 16:35:44
Link | Citer | R

I don't want to be normal.

I want to be exceptional. An expert in my field. Somebody to be relied on.

Why do you want to be like a normal person?
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2013-11-01 16:38:55
Link | Citer | R

I don't want to be normal. I want to be exceptional. An expert in my field. Somebody to be relied on. Why do you want to be like a normal person?
You actually think thats an example of being exceptional?
First Page 2 3 ... 96 97 98 ... 99 100 101