Shut 'em Down!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Shut 'em down!
Shut 'em down!
First Page 2 3 ... 83 84 85 ... 99 100 101
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-10-30 11:18:46
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I'll let Nausi post some links of Obama blaming everyone but himself for the failings of his own administration and policies.

good luck with that since Amandarius and yourself never produce links to back up the slanted claims of the extreme right and then when Nausi posts a link it tends to back up opposing side of his argument.
Well, I could post youtube videos of the president saying "it isn't my fault" but you wouldn't accept it because of something fuzzy on 1:45 that was a fly buzzing around the lens.

you could, but you won't. Which is the point.

because the same old tired tactic by liberals on here is
1) losing argument, demand a source be cited
2) after source is cited attack the source and mock it
3) ignore all the information in the provided source

you mean like how you have disregarded a 20 page link of published academic studies with one sentence and a 5 minute time stamp after said link was posted?

bs. i not only read the summary the link actually was but i took the link to the full 36 page or so report and read through points of interest
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-10-30 11:20:44
Link | Citer | R

It goes more like:
1) Spout ignorant *** and get asked for a source
2) Ignore request for multiple pages
3) Finally post some easily debunked talking points
4) Cry about or ignore actual credible sources
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-30 11:20:57
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Siren.Flavin said: »
I do love how you continue to compare walking on the ground as a comparison to measurable quakes lol... It's cute...

A hand grenade explosion produces a "measurable quake" you know. You still just don't get the whole "scale" issue.

Quakes are caused by geologic forces, a hand grenade is not a geologic force. You invalidate yourself with every single post you make. Don't you understand you're a caricature?

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
It goes more like:
1) Spout ignorant *** and get asked for a source
2) Ignore request for multiple pages
3) Finally post some easily debunked talking points
4) Cry about or ignore actual credible sources

[+] 1000
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-30 11:23:08
Link | Citer | R

because the same old tired tactic by liberals on here is
1) losing argument, demand a source be cited
2) after source is cited attack the source and mock it
3) ignore all the information in the provided source

On the flip-side, ultra-con tactic...

1.) Lose an argument, toss the Cheerios on the floor and wait to see if others will oblige you by picking them up.
2.) Cite sources that contradict your argument, because you're too lazy to read.
3.) Contradict yourself, but still declare it a victory.

Did I get that right?

EDIT: I like Pleebo's better.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
Serveur: Siren
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-30 11:24:21
Link | Citer | R

It goes more like: 1) Spout ignorant *** and get asked for a source 2) Ignore request for multiple pages 3) Finally post some easily debunked talking points 4) Cry about or ignore actual credible sources
You left out the part where everything against them is an assualt on freedoms...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-30 11:27:59
Link | Citer | R

It goes more like: 1) Spout ignorant *** and get asked for a source 2) Ignore request for multiple pages 3) Finally post some easily debunked talking points 4) Cry about or ignore actual credible sources
You left out the part where everything against them is an assualt on freedoms...

well.. technically we are assualting their freedom to be blindly ignorant.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-30 11:29:07
Link | Citer | R

Teaser: I can't go and spend 30 minutes looking for various videos, so I'll post them one/two at a time

Obama blaming Washington for reduction of credit rating (like his policies had nothing to do with it, nor is his leadership ability to get things going had anything to do with it)

YouTube Video Placeholder

Another video for you to ignore:

[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-10-30 11:30:01
Link | Citer | R

incoming taunts
 Bahamut.Kara
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-10-30 11:31:24
Link | Citer | R

A hand grenade explosion produces a "measurable quake" you know. You still just don't get the whole "scale" issue.

What you mean to say is that a hand grenade explodes at the approximate energy force of a 0.2 earthquake.

However, it is not an earthquake.

There is a large difference from something that produces a similar energy force and an earthquake.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-30 11:38:06
Link | Citer | R

Teaser: I can't go and spend 30 minutes looking for various videos, so I'll post them one/two at a time

Obama blaming Washington for reduction of credit rating (like his policies had nothing to do with it, nor is his leadership ability to get things going had anything to do with it)

Another video for you to ignore:

But he wasn't blaming Bush like you claim over and over.

The only people in denial of that fact are the die hard extreme right who are the very people responsible for not cooperating with the administration in any capacity and not passing legislation.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-10-30 11:39:59
Link | Citer | R

this is getting so pathetic, how many pages of ppl arguing over the definition of earthquake. stop being OBTUSE

Here I will wiki so all you rere's shutup about it already

"In its most general sense, the word earthquake is used to describe any seismic event — whether natural or caused by humans — that generates seismic waves. Earthquakes are caused mostly by rupture of geological faults, but also by other events such as volcanic activity, landslides, mine blasts, and nuclear tests. An earthquake's point of initial rupture is called its focus or hypocenter. The epicenter is the point at ground level directly above the hypocenter."

Point Nausi
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-30 11:40:18
Link | Citer | R

You left out the part where (5.) everything against them is an assualt on freedoms...

6.) Manipulate what people have said previously (or just fail to absorb/comprehend/retain what was said at all), so you can make it appear as though the argument is in your favor.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-30 11:42:18
Link | Citer | R

It's not that I don't get the scale issue it's that your comparisons are ridiculous... dinosaurs and people walking home... even when Z tried to show you a comparable action and its scale as opposed to whats resultant from Fracking... the other thing you don't seem to get is that the quakes are independent from the action of fracking... its not the measured effect it has while the equipment is up and running... its completely seperate events... an example you would use might be... that guy was causing a quake with each footstep... not only that but those footsteps resulted in seperate quakes completely independent of his own footsteps...

Scorched earth policies as in lets go grab up everything we can now without any concern for anything else beyond picking up an extra buck... no environmental concern or anything... write anything else off as a coincidence or nusance as by the time it becomes an actual problem we have to deal with it won't be theirs..

And do you think it would be that way without regulation? It's only that way because someone made a stink about things like they do now and then some kind of action is taken...

Marriage isn't a religious institution in America... if it was you would be forced to get married in some kind of Church... It's just another exclusionary tactic because it doesn't gel with your view of freedom... Freedom for all! Well actually only those freedoms that I deem fit and only the people I deem them fit for! If you don't fit this profile well you're just SOL!

Oh, but I don't see you throwing hissys about what they do get or decrying the fact that they do... And I won't argue you with you that Obama is any different from any other politician in that he plays that stupid *** capitol hill game... your problem is that you think Obama is the only one to ever do this ever! Demonize Obama as much as you can and ignore everything else!

Are you or anyone else teaching them something? Or is this another one of those oh well they're supposed to teach themselves too lol... I did it why can't they! I won't argue that welfare isn't much else than a stop gap than a problem solver but your solution is to just write everyone off and see what happens... I doubt you'll like the outcome of a sink or swim policy...

Like a lot people you can't see 5 seconds past the present... It's not only our responsibility to those in the present but those in the future as well... These are limited resources... the world is a limited resource... eat em all up and what do you do when they're gone? Hope to god by then someone else has figured out a solution to that problem?
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-30 11:43:53
Link | Citer | R

incoming taunts
this is getting so pathetic, how many pages of ppl arguing over the definition of earthquake. stop being OBTUSE Here I will wiki so all you rere's shutup about it already
yes...
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-10-30 11:46:21
Link | Citer | R

you boil everythi g down to such extreme strawman arguments. no one says no regulation. no one says let the people starve. no one says forget the next generation. you argue against the ridiculous.
 Bahamut.Kara
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-10-30 11:46:29
Link | Citer | R

this is getting so pathetic, how many pages of ppl arguing over the definition of earthquake. stop being OBTUSE

"In its most general sense, the word earthquake is used to describe any seismic event — whether natural or caused by humans — that generates seismic waves. Earthquakes are caused mostly by rupture of geological faults, but also by other events such as volcanic activity, landslides, mine blasts, and nuclear tests. An earthquake's point of initial rupture is called its focus or hypocenter. The epicenter is the point at ground level directly above the hypocenter."

Point Nausi

Erm, no. A hand grenade or a garbage truck does not cause an earthquake.

Induced seismic activity is definately caused by humans. Since people have been discussing fracking, which is done by humans, I don't think anyone has denied this.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-30 11:46:49
Link | Citer | R

Point Nausi

Wikipedia's definition is this "An earthquake (also known as a quake, tremor or temblor) is the result of a sudden release of energy in the Earth's crust that creates seismic waves. The seismicity, seismism or seismic activity of an area refers to the frequency, type and size of earthquakes experienced over a period of time."

You chose the generalized definition of "earthquake" noted 3 paragraphs down with a notation that it is actually known as a "seismic event".

10 different dictionary definitions as well as the USGS definition require that a seismic event be attributed to forces within the earth, faults, and volcanoes.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-10-30 11:48:22
Link | Citer | R

and you chose to be ridiculously narrow
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-30 11:52:01
Link | Citer | R

and you chose to be "rere"-diculous.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-30 11:52:12
Link | Citer | R

We live in the cleanest environment we've ever had in the industrial era bro. Unless you count the air we exhale as a pollutant.

And why is this? Because people and groups commit themselves to bringing forward evidence that certain developmental enterprises were harmful to the environment and citizens. Sounds awfully liberal to me and chock full of government intervention.

nausi said:
Marriage is a religious thing, has been for the entire history of the country. If you want to get married, find someone who'll do it for you, just don't force others who don't share that value to adopt it. You can't legislate morality bro...

And yet the entire push for anti-gay marriage laws is legislating morality based on a very narrow interpretation of Christianity onto the populace. When probed, every politician cites their faith as reason they can't support laws as if the country is founded on Christianity rather than a place where people of all beliefs are free to engage in liberties provided under the Constitution.

Freedom means freedom. It doesn't mean ram your religious faith down the throats of others. Marriage has existed long before Christianity was a blip on the map in societies without fleshed out gods and those with spirits/animal/ancestor worship.

nausi said:
But Obama certainly has plenty of corporations he's tipping the scales for.

Both parties do this. I have no idea why you're trying to indict Obama for something that is common practice in America. The man is literally eating bowls of status quo for breakfast.

nausi said:

Give a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish for himself and you feed him for a lifetime. Welfare doesn't fight poverty, we have decades of proof that it only keeps people poor.

Jobs programs? Infrastructure improvement? Education incentives? All things that 'teach a man to fish for himself'. Your dishonesty regarding welfare programs is standard operating procedure as if that is an exclusive way to attack a problem. You use both public and private programs to spur the economy.

There is more to government than rampant military spending.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-30 11:53:25
Link | Citer | R

I'm really curious as to Aman and Nausi's level of education now. Well, no point in mulling that mystery over during lunch.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-30 11:53:54
Link | Citer | R

you boil everything down to such extreme strawman arguments. no one says no regulation. no one says let the people starve. no one says forget the next generation. you argue against the ridiculous.
They may not say it directly but that's the path that seems to be chosen more often than not...

And if you wanna talk about extreme strawman arguments you need only turn towards yourself... or I should say Nausi... You just come in say everything is ridiculous and then *** about being persecuted... then do the same thing lol...
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-30 11:56:00
Link | Citer | R

I choose to use the real meaning of words and not pandor to the willfully ignorant. There are real consequences of said ignorance, and the whole of humanity has the responsibility not to accept ignorance or intolerance. Your thinking and idealogy is a relic of the past, and the sooner the people stop being tolerant of this archaic need to coddle everyone who's a little slow, the further we can move as a species.

If you guys want to live in the stone age where we don't understand why the tides go in and out or don't believe in the sun because it went away last night, feel free, but don't ask the rest of the world to slow down for you.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-10-30 12:03:10
Link | Citer | R

lol calm down Jassick. please review this ridiculous discussion. days fighting over the word earthquake. what are you even fighting over?
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-10-30 12:05:43
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
I'm really curious as to Aman and Nausi's level of education now. Well, no point in mulling that mystery over during lunch.

I bet you would love to pry out some personal information that you can taunt me over. Nah no one here would ever make fun of someone's job for instance? Think i mentioned I was from PA ince and I even had that little tidbit made fun of. Trolls.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-30 12:06:05
Link | Citer | R

lol calm down Jassick. please review this ridiculous discussion. days fighting over the word earthquake. what are you even fighting over?

a date with Amakusa?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-30 12:07:18
Link | Citer | R

Nobody is fighting over the meaning of a word, it has a definition, and some are choosing to ignore it. I'm a voice of opposition to the people who consistently redirect progress to serve their interests. That's what I do in the real world, on here I'm just killing time.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-30 12:13:48
Link | Citer | R

Detroit Space City!!!

we make that bankrupt *** into the production capitol of the world of the "flying cars" we were supposed to have as adults, boom! Money starts coming up out of the sewers as everyone & their dog flocks to buy the newly minted awesome sauce. (flying dogs? *** ya!)

with said money, it with be nothing at all to fund the massive solar powered super lights that easily distinguish D-town from the rest of the backwards, impoverished, nation, visible from space. this utopian society will have no need what-so-ever for robo-cops, until 2113, when the Japanese & germans will find out how to build our flying cars better.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-10-30 12:24:49
Link | Citer | R

now the tactic becomes, yeah you couldn't keep your insurance like we said but IT SUCKED ANYWAY.
First Page 2 3 ... 83 84 85 ... 99 100 101