Shut 'em Down!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Shut 'em down!
Shut 'em down!
First Page 2 3 ... 80 81 82 ... 99 100 101
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-29 14:09:03
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
Siren.Mosin said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Lots of people don't like the President because he's black

I'm blacker than ole' Barack...
QFT

You should hear him on Vent too! Oh, how he used to drunkenly serenade Dameshi!
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-29 14:14:03
Link | Citer | R

Cheney drinks the blood of small children

I'm pretty sure he has moved onto unicorn blood after his one hundred and fourteenth heart attack....
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-29 14:16:03
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Cheney drinks the blood of small children

I'm pretty sure he has moved onto unicorn blood after his one hundred and fourteenth heart attack....
Wait, I thought that was his age, not the number of heart attacks/hackers in his pacemaker.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-29 14:24:17
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
You should hear him on Vent too! Oh, how he used to drunkenly serenade Dameshi!

???

who? me?

/le blush
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-29 14:32:33
Link | Citer | R

After years of hearing fellow LS mates on vent drunk during our events, my curiosity is piqued.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-29 14:34:10
Link | Citer | R

Why don't you ever link anything that supports your argument?
Did you just post a link to an explosion at a fertilizer plant (which registered a 2.1 on the richter scale as evidence that fracking causes earthquakes? What evidence is there linking a 4.2 earthquake to fracking?

Here's a story showing things in perspective

Believe whatever you want, I have intolerance for the intolerant. I only wish to allow people the freedom I see fit for them.

Dude, you're of the same mindset as Stalin bro, I swear.

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Wow this thread has gotten hilarious with Amandarius' ***.

It was already hilarious before, listening to you give Bahgdad Bob a run for his money.

Columbus is probably the best example of this. What was once a fantasy tale of a man and his three magic ships finding America has been unraveled to reveal horrifying treatment of the native population, babies being skewered, men being slaughtered like cattle and Europeans effectively decimating the native population to establish overseas empires. There was a reason the story was buried and simplified and it has everything to do with denying the descendants of those natives the true story.
I hate America

There I think I've saved you from ever having to post anything ever again. It's not like the Indians did nothing but welcome us with open arms bro...

oooh sry, Native Americans....
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-29 14:41:07
Link | Citer | R

PARKER Edit:
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-29 14:41:26
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Did you just post a link to an explosion at a fertilizer plant (which registered a 2.1 on the richter scale as evidence that fracking causes earthquakes? What evidence is there linking a 4.2 earthquake to fracking?

I hate to pull a classic Jet, but reading comprehension, do you have it? No. It was not evidence, it was a comparison because you equated an earthquake's intensity to jumping from a ladder. You know people are capable of backreading for themselves, right?

Seriously?!?

Now, twist Jassik's, please. We would take much delight in your explanation of hydroelectricity and earthquakes.

EDIT: TY, for actually trying. I need to read that in a few, but most articles I have read have never said that it is an absolute. "Neither confirmed nor denied" seems to be common.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-29 14:49:19
Link | Citer | R

hydroelectricity and earthquakes.

it's too mooch concret' in one dang ole' spot! all that weight crushes the baby jesus! so, in turn, god gets mad an' burns us with a der gern earthquaker!!

aghahaaa!!!!!!!!!
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-29 14:52:12
Link | Citer | R

I love Nausi posts... it's like everything else flies out the window and he just says what he feels like saying...
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-10-29 14:54:44
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Flavin said: »
I love Nausi posts... it's like everything else flies out the window and he just says what he feels like saying...

He and Aman both are living in their own little fantasy world, they dismiss their own posts faster than we can.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-29 14:56:27
Link | Citer | R

Oh an article by John Kemp on Reuters. Did you happen to read John Kemps bio? It's pretty interesting with respect to his perspective:

John Kemps bio on Reuters said:
Before joining Reuters, John spent seven years as a senior analyst for Sempra Commodities (now part of JP Morgan) covering base metals and crude oil.

I'll let the reader draw their own conclusion with respect to which side he advocates in his articles.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-29 14:58:00
Link | Citer | R

I hate to pull a classic Jet, but reading comprehension, do you have it? No. It was not evidence, it was a comparison because you equated an earthquake's intensity to jumping from a ladder. You know people are capable of backreading for themselves, right?

Seriously?!?

Dude dinosaurs used to cause "earthquakes" by walking. We practice the same thing, just on a different scale.

The "Richter Scale" is calibrated in such a way. Magnitude 3 earthquakes are ten times more powerful than magnitude 2 and a hundred times more powerful than magnitude 1. The Japanese tsunami at 7.something was about 10000 to 100000 times more powerful than anything fracking has ever been claimed to cause.

So when you say something like "Fracking causes earthquakes" implying they cause devastating damage, you're about as far off as you can be. At some scale, there is continuous seismic activity. If you have 2 tons of patio stones delivered to your property, it probably registers higher seismic activity to drop the stones on the ground with a fork truck.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-29 14:59:44
Link | Citer | R

It was already hilarious before, listening to you give Bahgdad Bob a run for his money.

Dude you also spelled Baghdad Bob wrong on your link to Baghdad Bob where Baghdad Bob is spelled in big bold letters. It's like I tell my development team no writing just copy and paste if the word is too hard.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-29 15:00:14
Link | Citer | R

Nausi did you read that article you posted?

"Fracking has also been linked to a "swarm" of 50 small earthquakes in Oklahoma on Jan 18, 2011, ranging in magnitude from 1.0 to 2.8, which occurred at the same time as the fracking of a well in the Eola Oil Field."

You were supposed to post a link to an article that didn't agree with what zarah was saying!
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-29 15:05:23
Link | Citer | R

Nausi did you read that article you posted? "Fracking has also been linked to a "swarm" of 50 small earthquakes in Oklahoma on Jan 18, 2011, ranging in magnitude from 1.0 to 2.8, which occurred at the same time as the fracking of a well in the Eola Oil Field." You were supposed to post a link to an article that didn't agree with what zarah was saying!
He's been known to only read the part of the article that agrees with his own thoughts on the matter...

It appears he's trying to say that there is some kind of seismic activity that goes hand in hand with the action... kind of like a stone hitting the water... it cause a ripple effect from the center point of the action... what he doesn't seem to be getting is that these quakes people are referring too are completely independent of the action of fracking but occur as a cause of it...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-29 15:05:36
Link | Citer | R

"Fracking has also been linked to a "swarm" of 50 small earthquakes in Oklahoma on Jan 18, 2011, ranging in magnitude from 1.0 to 2.8, which occurred at the same time as the fracking of a well in the Eola Oil Field."

You were supposed to post a link to an article that didn't agree with what zarah was saying!

I never said there weren't any seismic consequences to fracking, just that the loaded charge of "fracking causes earthquakes" is entirely dishonest.

Everything causes earthquakes dude, walking around registers at some degree on the Richter scale. We can feel the garbage truck coming down the road when it comes for the garbage on garbage day.

Garbage trucks cause earthquakes!!!
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-29 15:06:38
Link | Citer | R

Nausi did you read that article you posted? "Fracking has also been linked to a "swarm" of 50 small earthquakes in Oklahoma on Jan 18, 2011, ranging in magnitude from 1.0 to 2.8, which occurred at the same time as the fracking of a well in the Eola Oil Field." You were supposed to post a link to an article that didn't agree with what zarah was saying!
I never said there weren't any seismic consequences to fracking, just that the loaded charge of "fracking causes earthquakes" is entirely dishonest. Everything causes earthquakes dude, walking around registers at some degree on the Richter scale. We can feel the garbage truck coming down the road when it comes for the garbage on garbage day. Garbage trucks cause earthquakes!!!
I feel like there is a fat joke somewhere in there...
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-29 15:07:28
Link | Citer | R

Dude dinosaurs used to cause "earthquakes" by walking.

On the Flintstones? That wasn't a news report that was a cartoon!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-29 15:13:13
Link | Citer | R

I never said there weren't any seismic consequences to fracking, just that the loaded charge of "fracking causes earthquakes" is entirely dishonest.

Everything causes earthquakes dude, walking around registers at some degree on the Richter scale. We can feel the garbage truck coming down the road when it comes for the garbage on garbage day.

No..Hydraulic Fracturing aka Fracking of limestone shale is causing the integrity of the ground and water tables of the local area to deteriorate.

These start occurring, since its a natural geological progression of cause and effect. What people are calling earthquakes is in fact the beginning of the ground falling out from under them. Hydraulic fracturing takes the idea from this picture and exponentially magnifies the effect.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-10-29 15:20:25
Link | Citer | R

what the ***
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-29 15:23:40
Link | Citer | R

Dude, you're of the same mindset as Stalin bro, I swear.

Since you really wanted to know, here's a picture of me posing for the cover of TIME magazine.
Here's me after a pep rally. College kids sure are loud and disorderly.

I'm pretty bored in this picture. You try listening to someone speak for hours on end.

Me after a fishing trip. I actually caught something this time!
Taking the edge off after a hard days work.

Hard at work in the office.

Someone just cut me off in traffic. >(
In my Sunday best.
I have a bit of a hair issue I'm not comfortable talking about.
A picture of me after seeing my Obamacare premiums.
My college years.
I met the President once too.
Me at CSI: Miami tryouts.
Always keep it stylish, I say.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-29 15:26:53
Link | Citer | R

Bravo dude. You and all your cohorts together at last!
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-29 15:29:01
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Dude dinosaurs used to cause "earthquakes" by walking. We practice the same thing, just on a different scale.

YouTube Video Placeholder

AHAHAHAHA, I can't contain my laughter and everyone around me thinks im crazy. This thread has paid off in spades and I hope for many more years of entertainment like this.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-29 15:36:37
Link | Citer | R

This thread has paid off in spades

Game on!
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-29 16:15:15
Link | Citer | R

slightly, at best.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-29 16:22:49
Link | Citer | R

Seriously?!?

The "Richter Scale" is calibrated in such a way. Magnitude 3 earthquakes are ten times more powerful than magnitude 2 and a hundred times more powerful than magnitude 1. The Japanese tsunami at 7.something was about 10000 to 100000 times more powerful than anything fracking has ever been claimed to cause.

So when you say something like "Fracking causes earthquakes" implying they cause devastating damage, you're about as far off as you can be. At some scale, there is continuous seismic activity. If you have 2 tons of patio stones delivered to your property, it probably registers higher seismic activity to drop the stones on the ground with a fork truck.

OMG, dude! Like this is my initial comment, dude!

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
the flaming faucets caused by fracking were debunked.

By who? I actually know someone who lived through the minor earthquake in Cleburne, Texas a couple of years back. There have been earthquakes reported along the natural gas pipeline East of the Trinity River for the past couple of years. Granted, they're just enough to shake the pictures off the walls, they're happening more often and exactly where you expect them to be (pipelines). It's not some silly coincidence.

Every reasonable person knows where to point the finger. Others scream "End times!".

You're the one making mountains out of molehills while I'm trying to explain that this is a legitimate concern for some, dude. I'm not saying it like totally finite, dude. I like totally cited other earthquakes that were referred to as earthquakes here in the past two years, and there was a list of multiple in one condensed area within that time span.

You and your ilk gloss over the idea that this could be the genesis of something that could like totally be problematic in the foreseeable future, because like money, dude! You've all successfully displayed your ignorance of like fundamental geology, dude. Yeah, but who cares.

And that 2.1 blast (you know, what I was trying to give you a gauge on for that 2.2 earthquake and later the 4.2) was felt as far as twenty miles from West in Waco and Temple, and almost as far as Salado, maaaaaannnn! But it's not comparable example because, you know, it's not a garbage truck that passed by a fertilizer plant.

***! Get a map out!

Also...

Siren.Flavin said: »

And who could forget...DINOSAURS, DUDE!!!

One more thing, someone in CA is probably laughing about this, but can you imagine if you never felt an earthquake ever before in your life?
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-29 16:31:29
Link | Citer | R

Earthquakes... brought to you by dinosaurs since... well a long time ago...
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-29 16:33:46
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »
hydroelectricity and earthquakes.

it's too mooch concret' in one dang ole' spot! all that weight crushes the baby jesus! so, in turn, god gets mad an' burns us with a der gern earthquaker!!

aghahaaa!!!!!!!!!

Smellhound Geech has gone up to heaven, Mr. Terwilliger!
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-29 17:12:38
Link | Citer | R

Seriously?!?

Ok, I'll make it super preschool simple, Earthquakes are caused by geological forces, Tremors can be caused by non-geological forces. Dinosaurs' only connection to Earthquakes ever in the existence of existence is that their remains are in the ground.

I'm still waiting to hear about how dams and watermills are causing earthquakes.
First Page 2 3 ... 80 81 82 ... 99 100 101