Shut 'em Down!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Shut 'em down!
Shut 'em down!
First Page 2 3 ... 76 77 78 ... 99 100 101
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-28 15:06:52
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Flavin said: »
we're in such a rush to turn a profit or get something that day that we tend to ignore whatever the impact may be because we can't really say for sure until we get there... or do we even care because it won't affect our generation only those beyond us...

What's hilarious is that no one in this thread has gone full tilt hippie yet the usual suspects are busy fighting strawmen and shifting the goalposts like a game of three-card monte.

Redder than red state, middle of the country folk are getting sodomized by the oil and gas companies on fracking yet these clowns continue to read off the cards, completely oblivious.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
Serveur: Siren
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-28 15:10:29
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
we're in such a rush to turn a profit or get something that day that we tend to ignore whatever the impact may be because we can't really say for sure until we get there... or do we even care because it won't affect our generation only those beyond us...
Yeah OK 17 trillion in national debt.
So we're back on the national deficit? lol.. there's probably just as much to argue about on that too... if not more... which person thinks which program is better or which one needs to get cut... but no one outright volunteering to cut their pet projects or ones that work for their state because those are the necassary ones! Which program cuts will actually make the difference... how much of a difference will it make! oh the debt will be at $30 trillion at three years if we continue on this way... noo only $20 trillion!

My comment was based more on private citizens and corporations... but it still remains the same... people probably would take a million dollars even knowing that it would increase the debt because it would enhance our way of life atm regardless of how it would affect us down the line or future generations...

I won't argue that there is wasteful spending across the board in government though...
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-28 15:11:48
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
What's hilarious is that no one in this thread has gone full tilt hippie yet the usual suspects are busy fighting strawmen and shifting the goalposts like a game of three-card monte. Redder than red state, middle of the country folk are getting sodomized by the oil and gas companies on fracking yet these clowns continue to read off the cards, completely oblivious.
It's the argument laid out for them I guess... you don't actually have to say something or mention that specific person but since we see you as liberals well that is what your thinking in that little brain of yours isnt it?
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-28 15:15:58
Link | Citer | R

Personally I have no idea on the matter... I haven't studied it... and I really only know what I've talked about amongst friends and the like...

Even taking Kings approach in that we have no idea what causes it... it still seems like a folly to plow forward in increasing amounts without knowing that specific rammifications of our actions... if we don't know what the outcome of our actions are... is it really the best idea to make a decision based on a lack of information?

I guess sometimes you do just have to plow ahead but wouldn't it be wise to do it with a modicum of precaution? I mean if you're going to compare us to China... Don't they already have a serious issue with air quality?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-28 15:23:02
Link | Citer | R

The only difference between Republicans and Democrats is where government funds go. Neither party has any intention of decreasing government spending in a drastic manner outside some badly needed Medicare and Social Security reform. Republicans won't increase taxes to balance spending and Democrats have a penchant for government programs which fall directly into the bureaucratic claptrap.

The MIC has us by the balls and with Al Qaeda globalizing in every country that has failed to become part of our glorious world empire, we'll have plenty of wars in the future to fight. Both parties love their military interventions and last I checked military spending is off the table and you're not American if you don't let us spend obscene amounts of money. The Soviet Union is in ashes, you have my permission to scale back the spending.

China will eventually reach its breaking point. You can only choke your citizens with smog, oppress free expression all for the glorious capitalistic machine before people push back. It happened in 'Murica, it happened in Europe and it'll happen in Asia. The usual doomsayers will announce that the economy will explode if environmental laws are put on the books and inevitably intelligent folk will find a way to make money off the new laws.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-10-28 15:25:42
Link | Citer | R

What's hilarious is that no one in this thread has gone full tilt hippie yet the usual suspects are busy fighting strawmen and shifting the goalposts like a game of three-card monte.

Redder than red state, middle of the country folk are getting sodomized by the oil and gas companies on fracking yet these clowns continue to read off the cards, completely oblivious.

I am not moving goalposts. I gave Pleeb's source an honest read and I did not care for the very basic and general method they used of estimating old data over the last century plus, let alone their conclusions. I spoke only of that source.

What did you watch Gasland or something, maybe that Matt Damon movie and now you think you know stuff? Yeah cos you're way too smart to fall for propaganda, surely. You are as guilty as anyone of reading off the cards.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-10-28 15:27:39
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
So now when confronted with the information you asked for, you just feign obtuseness. Pathetic.
Your source does not say why or how global warming is happening. All it says is that it is happening based on data collected, and what it is projected for the future.

The popular idea of CO2 being produced is causing it, but hasn't CO2 been produced far longer and in greater quantities than man-made? Cows crapping everywhere and volcano's exploding and everything has nothing to do with global warming, and it is all man-made?
You're just *** with me now, right?
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-10-28 15:31:13
Link | Citer | R

Personally I have no idea on the matter... I haven't studied it... and I really only know what I've talked about amongst friends and the like...

Even taking Kings approach in that we have no idea what causes it... it still seems like a folly to plow forward in increasing amounts without knowing that specific rammifications of our actions... if we don't know what the outcome of our actions are... is it really the best idea to make a decision based on a lack of information?

I guess sometimes you do just have to plow ahead but wouldn't it be wise to do it with a modicum of precaution? I mean if you're going to compare us to China... Don't they already have a serious issue with air quality?

NATURAL GASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

It is so much god damn cleaner than the fossil fuels we have been using yet even that the hippies want to completely stomp on because they fall for propaganda and flaming faucet hoaxes. It is Obama's golden ticket that he refuses to cash in for reasons I cannot comprehend. He has to be insane. It's green. It's clean. It would rescue our economy and the economies world wide. It would rescue his failed Presidency. There is no good reason to not embrace natural gas other than to appease the radical left or to intentionally keep America dependent on the Middle East and its instability.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-28 15:36:47
Link | Citer | R

I am not moving goalposts. I gave Pleeb's source an honest read and I did not care for the very basic and general method they used of estimating old data over the last century plus, let alone their conclusions. I spoke only of that source.

What did you watch Gasland or something, maybe that Matt Damon movie and now you think you know stuff? Yeah cos you're way too smart to fall for propaganda, surely. You are as guilty as anyone of reading off the cards.

Oh stop. You could have a hundred scholarly articles put before you and you'd stick to your guns because you're ideologically bound to stick to every talking point in the conservative playbook.

As for me? I'm just one person wading through a sea of facts and having directly talked/worked close to a few people personally *** by the oil and gas industry I've closer sources to tap than Gasland. Shall I give you some phone numbers to call these folk directly?

I'm sure they'd love to talk to you about their ruined land and being *** by a wall of legal mumbo-jumbo and lawyers ready to game the system.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-28 15:37:24
Link | Citer | R

NATURAL GASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

It is so much god damn cleaner than the fossil fuels we have been using yet even that the hippies want to completely stomp on because they fall for propaganda and flaming faucet hoaxes. It is Obama's golden ticket that he refuses to cash in for reasons I cannot comprehend. He has to be insane. It's green. It's clean. It would rescue our economy and the economies world wide. It would rescue his failed Presidency. There is no good reason to not embrace natural gas other than to appease the radical left or to intentionally keep America dependent on the Middle East and its instability.

You obviously didn't watch Gasland 2 if you think Obama hasn't cashed in on the Natural Gas golden ticket.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-10-28 15:39:47
Link | Citer | R

Oh stop. You could have a hundred scholarly articles put before you and you'd stick to your guns because you're ideologically bound to stick to every talking point in the conservative playbook.

As for me? I'm just one person wading through a sea of facts and having directly talked/worked close to a few people personally *** by the oil and gas industry I've closer sources to tap than Gasland. Shall I give you some phone numbers to call these folk directly?

I'm sure they'd love to talk to you about their ruined land and being *** by a wall of legal mumbo-jumbo and lawyers ready to game the system.

OK?

Wow I don't know who the bigger bullshitter is now. Spart after that lulzy post or Pleebo for pretending to have read the source he provided.

Edit: Pleebo give Spart your usual speech on anecdotal evidence something something.
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-28 15:40:11
Link | Citer | R

First of all it isn't a hoax lol... there have been areas where the water supply has been polluted... unless you're claiming that this was some kind of conspiracy... There have also been areas that have been effected by somewhat minor quakes that have been related back to the the process...

It's not really an issue about using natural gas as opposed ot the way we extract it... but again making wild claims that it would cure the global economy...

Not to say we should give up on it or anything but just digging all over the place anywhere we can find a trace will not be helpful... There are risks associated with it...
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-10-28 15:44:17
Link | Citer | R

the flaming faucets caused by fracking were debunked.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-28 15:50:13
Link | Citer | R

the flaming faucets caused by fracking were debunked.

By who? I actually know someone who lived through the minor earthquake in Cleburne, Texas a couple of years back. There have been earthquakes reported along the natural gas pipeline East of the Trinity River for the past couple of years. Granted, they're just enough to shake the pictures off the walls, they're happening more often and exactly where you expect them to be (pipelines). It's not some silly coincidence.

Every reasonable person knows where to point the finger. Others scream "End times!".
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-10-28 15:56:09
Link | Citer | R

Yeah point the finger at the people that think a pipeline is causing earthquakes, the middle finger.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-28 15:58:51
Link | Citer | R

Can't exactly expect people to take you seriously when your response to a logical argument is "go F'k yourself".
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-10-28 15:59:36
Link | Citer | R

I'm sure I just read a lot more of the actual report than any of you did and I'm sorry. When we are talking about measurements as small as 0.2 degrees I just do not have much faith in that kind of preciseness when the estimating globe-wide temperatures from over 150 years ago. They mention early in the report how the techniques for measuring these factors really emerged after 1950 and subsequently that is also when we start to see an increase in the temperature; 0.4 degrees since the 50's according t their estimates. And I really have zero faith in their ice measurements especially going back. Not being obtuse, there is just no way they were measuring it 100 years ago with any type of precision like today.

It's no coincidence that as out technology improves and our insatiable desire to witness the earth warming that their data shows and increase. The methods by each decade for collecting data are not even a little bit similar and mostly estimated, I'm sure not on the warmer end when rounding the possible .1 or .2 wouldn't you agree?
Which source are you referring to? Neither can really be considered a report so I'm not sure exactly what statement you're arguing against.

But in general, temperature is probably the easiest and most accurate variable to measure and predict so results given to the nearest tenth of a degree aren't exactly that controversial. You can measure temps using a properly calibrated mercury thermometer to about the same precision.

When it comes to warming predictions, uncertainty is always an issue which is why these are often reported as temperature ranges. Uncertainty was also quantified in a graph I linked earlier. As our understanding of global climate improves, these ranges are getting smaller and smaller. The trend is still highly positive though even at the extreme boundaries of uncertainty.

I won't say much about ice estimates. It's not something I've really read up on in depth.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-10-28 16:00:52
Link | Citer | R

Wow I don't know who the bigger bullshitter is now. Spart after that lulzy post or Pleebo for pretending to have read the source he provided.
Bleh, thought you actually wanted to have a conversation >.> My mistake.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-28 16:02:25
Link | Citer | R

Yeah point the finger at the people that think a pipeline is causing earthquakes, the middle finger.

Then, by all means, explain to me how a state on a bedrock of limestone in most areas, and Cleburne is in the limestone area, has run into earthquakes so abruptly and mysteriously in a handful of years. Really?

God! My eyes can't help but glaze over when reading thread this sometimes.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-10-28 16:14:35
Link | Citer | R

You burned that bridge a few hundred taunts ago.

[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-10-28 16:16:59
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »

Then, by all means, explain to me how a state on a bedrock of limestone in most areas, and Cleburne is in the limestone area, has run into earthquakes so abruptly and mysteriously in a handful of years. Really?

And no I will not be dragged halfway across the country to some bs event you wanna talk about to watch another liberal redefine science.

Rules for Radicals #3: “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.”
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-28 16:25:29
Link | Citer | R

I like how you use/worship Sam Elliot who lives in Malibu, is loved by conservatives around the country for characters he plays in movies and never once stopped to realize he is an "actor" with a liberal wife, and lives in a liberal town.

He's never revealed his political leaning due to a desire in not lossing his conservative fan base. Though you got a hint of it when the Golden Compass trilogy was shot down.
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-28 16:28:25
Link | Citer | R

Then, by all means, explain to me how a state on a bedrock of limestone in most areas, and Cleburne is in the limestone area, has run into earthquakes so abruptly and mysteriously in a handful of years. Really? God! My eyes can't help but glaze over when reading thread this sometimes.
And no I will not be dragged halfway across the country to some bs event you wanna talk about to watch another liberal redefine science. Rules for Radicals #3: “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.”
Science as defined by Republicans... $
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-28 16:28:46
Link | Citer | R

And no I will not be dragged halfway across the country to some bs event you wanna talk about to watch another liberal redefine science.

Rules for Radicals #3: “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.”

Ninja Edit:
Major T. J. "King" Kong said:
Well, I've been to one world fair, a picnic, and a rodeo, and that's the stupidest thing I ever heard..."

Geographical location has nothing to do with Geological effects and characteristics.

Limestone is easily corroded and collapses when exposed to high pressure blasts from water. Which is the process in fracking.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-28 16:32:52
Link | Citer | R

Tell us more about how science conforms to politics.

How old is the Earth, Aman?
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-10-28 16:34:30
Link | Citer | R

I doubt Sam Elliot would have such delicate sensibilities. And he'd post citations every once in a while.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-28 17:03:40
Link | Citer | R

I doubt Sam Elliot would have such delicate sensibilities. And he'd post citations every once in a while.

I love how Hollywood is the liberal propaganda machine unless they play a cowboy on TV, then they are neo-cons....
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-10-28 17:05:34
Link | Citer | R

Being poor as a child literally damages your brain

[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-28 18:03:50
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »
I love how Hollywood is the liberal propaganda machine unless they play a cowboy on TV, then they are neo-cons....

It's not the actor really but what the character represents.

Cowboys are pretty much the idealized American through a certain lens. They don't take ***from anyone, quick to brandish firearms, get all the women, live off the land, take odd jobs, protect their small square of land and harken back to the 'good old days' before liberals *** everything up.

Can't lie though. Westerns are fun films to watch but if I'm feeling like reminiscing the Reagan years, I like to watch all the Death Wish / Dirty Harry films. Who needs the pussified criminal justice system? Pick yourself up by the bootstraps and take justice into your own hands!

YouTube Video Placeholder

Death Wish in a nutshell.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-28 19:16:12
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Geographical location has nothing to do with Geological effects and characteristics.

Limestone is easily corroded and collapses when exposed to high pressure blasts from water. Which is the process in fracking.

You know, it's like he can't be bothered by independent research even if it's beyond his "expertise".

For Aman. The courtesy you never extend to us...

Cleburne

Navarro

Timpson

Now, compare that map to where these have occurred. I would hope reading a map isn't beyond your comprehension, but I might be giving you too much credit. You're capable of finding a map, aren't you?

Yes, there have been slight quakes here throughout history, but not as frequent and centralized in certain pockets.

BTW, nobody wants you here. We have people like Gohmert, Cruz, and Perry already. People who idolize AG grads (Because what's more salt of the earth than artificially inseminating pork when the pork won't get to porking? Yes, those are definitely the ones we need running the show.), demonize, and dismiss those with practical knowledge that would be beneficial to this state.

EDIT: There's also been quakes in OK.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 76 77 78 ... 99 100 101