Shut 'em Down!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Shut 'em down!
Shut 'em down!
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 99 100 101
By Enuyasha 2013-10-21 17:28:47
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Ignore the higher cost as long as the government is helping you pay? Free money!
Apparently free money is enough for someone to suffer through a course halfway to acquire refund checks, so why not sit through your really high, underrated insurance that makes you feel all special, for the same (and no im not talking about Healthcare.gov options)?

ANOTHER PAGE CLAIMED IN THE NAME OF SOCIOCOMMUNISM!!!HAIL MIEN LORD UNT SAVIOR OBAMA!
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-21 17:29:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Nobody believes me anymore, they all think they are geniuses...

o man, I was drinking the other night & playing ff14, & w/e I was watching on the dvr ended, & I was too busy (probably fishin) to change the channel, & I was treated with kanye west blathering on about how he was a genius to Jimmy kimmel, the ***was hilarious, I highly recommend checkin it out on youtube, I was rollin;.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-21 17:40:07
Link | Citer | R

The interesting thing is that for family's of 4 or more there are "marginal" increases across the board. Barring Virgina of course. Also Massachusetts is omitted.

Obviously there is an incentive to get married and have kids how Christian and unsociocommunist like of Obama. Even makes the push for same sex marriages and families to be legally recognized on a federal level prior to it going into effect seem like a leftist conspricay.

o_O back to reality.

These figures only reperesent the costs for 10% of population due to Medicad, Tax credits and 20 states not actually opting in to the program.

Oh and the Heritage Foundation is being presided over by Jim DeMint who is known for misinforming and fabrications.

Here are some of his best hits:

• DeMint called the health care law socialized medicine and said it would make the United States system like those in Britain or Canada.

This claim is false because the health care law leaves in place the private health care system and the free market.

• DeMint said the law will intervene in decisions between doctors and patients. Though the law puts more regulations on health insurance companies, the claim is false due to nothing in the law changes typical interactions between doctors and patients.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-21 17:48:27
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »
Nobody believes me anymore, they all think they are geniuses...

o man, I was drinking the other night & playing ff14, & w/e I was watching on the dvr ended, & I was too busy (probably fishin) to change the channel, & I was treated with kanye west blathering on about how he was a genius to Jimmy kimmel, the ***was hilarious, I highly recommend checkin it out on youtube, I was rollin;.

YouTube Video Placeholder

...people who refer to themselves as genius whether directly or indirectly..HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-21 17:57:02
Link | Citer | R

The big problem that the Heritage Foundation report with Obamacare is that it doesn't take into consideration the subsidies that people "can" get?

If Person A pays $7500 in premiums and Government Z pays $2500 in premiums to cover the rest, guess what? The premium will still be $10,000. It doesn't matter if the government foots part or all of the bill, the bill is still $10,000!

Why can't you see that? The one big problem that liberals have is that they think that the government magically erases all of your debts, when it is really me who helps pay for your insurance...
By Enuyasha 2013-10-21 17:59:47
Link | Citer | R

The big problem that the Heritage Foundation report with Obamacare is that it doesn't take into consideration the subsidies that people "can" get?

If Person A pays $7500 in premiums and Government Z pays $2500 in premiums to cover the rest, guess what? The premium will still be $10,000. It doesn't matter if the government foots part or all of the bill, the bill is still $10,000!

Why can't you see that? The one big problem that liberals have is that they think that the government magically erases all of your debts, when it is really me who helps pay for your insurance...
So whats the point of insurance then? the bill still gets paid whether or not you have insurance B or insurance A or whether its person ,X,Y,Z,(omega symbol)...oh wait...but that requires you to admit flaws in the free market...and you wont do that cause Obamacare is evil cause of some completely fictitious 10K talking point number.

Also: in the grand scheme that if your taxes pay for my insurance then my own taxes pay for my insurance as well, so effectively, im paying for my own insurance as well as your wasteful use of public funded services and publicly owned assets.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-10-21 18:16:22
Link | Citer | R

If only they had implemented ways to help pay for these subsidies or offset the cost of the premiums. Something like an individual mandate or increased revenue generated from upper-income brackets would have been super useful.

IF ONLY
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-21 18:24:34
Link | Citer | R

Wait until you get a real medical bill before you start bitching about a premium.

Try paying for a heart attack in 2013-2014. You got a Million to spare? probably not if you're posting here.

Try paying for child birth in 2013-2014. You got a spare 20-30k lying around? Probably not.

Try paying for an Appendectomy in 2013-2014. You got 75-80k you can just up & pay on one bill? Probably not.

But maybe Niko is right, maybe we should let Social Darwinism takes it course so that only the truly wealthy can afford real health services while the rest have life expectancies like it was the 18th century. After all if I have didn't health insurance and a kick *** deductible, I would be either dead back in 2005 when my appendix burst or financially broke well before 2013. Thankfully neither are the case.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-10-21 19:27:46
Link | Citer | R

The individual mandate forces low income people to take the government subsidy to buy health insurance. it is the entire point. Force people of modest means into taking a givernment handout or pay a fine. People that are not low income are extremely likely to have health insurance already and very unlikely to be one of those ER freeloaders liberals like to talk about. It is a fine on poor people that don't get into the government run system.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-21 19:44:32
Link | Citer | R

even people with real income who aren't wealthy declare bankruptcy or end up welching on the cost thats not covered. It's more expensive than people think. Hell most people who need serious care die before paying off the total bill. Especially people who've had multiple bypasses for instance.

All mandated health care does is give money to the corporations to ultimately cover the cost and line their pockets.

There isn't government provided health care thats a big piece of misinformation.

It's still private health care just with costs subsidized by the government. If you haven't caught on yet prices go up so they can pocket more from the government. It's all part of the corporatist agenda thats been in effect since the Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush administrations. See Dylan Ratigan's famous rant about the fleecing of America.
YouTube Video Placeholder

*takes off tinfoil hat*

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-10-21 20:35:55
Link | Citer | R

Liberals dont have this problem at all, good try tho. If you want to send me money, I'll accept it. Otherwise, you don't do anything for me.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-10-21 21:00:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Squishytaru said: »
The individual mandate forces low income people to take the government subsidy to buy health insurance.

I am so glad to see those with low income be front and center for the Tea Party in the issues they wish to address. Oh, wai-

Thank you. Exactly, those that become dependent on a government handout will flock with their hands out to the politicians that promise to give them stuff and not those that want to take it away. That's my point. It is forcing people of modest means to become more dependent on the government, in this case now for their health care.

"No government ever voluntarily reduces itself in size. So, governments' programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we'll ever see on this earth." - Ronald Reagan
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-21 22:13:37
Link | Citer | R

It's strange to hear a TPer quoting Reagan, by all rights he would be a major thorn in the side of the Neo-cons.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-21 22:21:13
Link | Citer | R

"No government ever voluntarily reduces itself in size. So, governments' programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we'll ever see on this earth." - Ronald Reagan

That was 1964 Reagan.

Then in 1981 he got shot and stopped all the anti-government rhetoric; got with the program and ramped it up.

Clinging to shadows of the past when really that was only a glimmer in the thread of time and not his legacy.

In his defense people say it was Bush Sr that was pulling the strings of the Reagan puppet like how people say Cheney pulled the strings of the Bush Jr. marionette.

But really thats saying he wasn't a politician and just a cheerleader.

charts for Nobody's enjoyment:

As you can see the serious incline begins with Reagan.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-21 22:31:56
Link | Citer | R

I <3 the Onion.

Quote:
WASHINGTON—Responding to widespread criticism regarding its health care website, the federal government today unveiled its new, improved Obamacare program, which allows Americans to purchase health insurance after installing a software bundle contained on 35 floppy disks. “I have heard the complaints about the existing website, and I can assure you that with this revised system, finding the right health care option for you and your family is as easy as loading 35 floppy disks sequentially into your disk drive and following the onscreen prompts,” President Obama told reporters this morning, explaining that the nearly three dozen 3.5-inch diskettes contain all the data needed for individuals to enroll in the Health Insurance Marketplace, while noting that the updated Obamacare software is mouse-compatible and requires a 386 Pentium processor with at least 8 MB of system RAM to function properly. “Just fire up MS-DOS, enter ‘A:\>dir *.exe’ into the command line, and then follow the instructions to install the Obamacare batch files—it should only take four or five hours at the most. You can press F1 for help if you run into any problems. And be sure your monitor’s screen resolution is at 320 x 200 or it might not display properly.” Obama added that the federal government hopes to have a six–CD-ROM version of the program available by 2016.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2013-10-21 23:16:49
Link | Citer | R

The individual mandate forces low income people to take the government subsidy to buy health insurance. it is the entire point. Force people of modest means into taking a givernment handout or pay a fine. People that are not low income are extremely likely to have health insurance already and very unlikely to be one of those ER freeloaders liberals like to talk about. It is a fine on poor people that don't get into the government run system.
I love how you jump to irrelevant talking points. people under a certain gross income are exempt (mostly, people who are already on medicaid, or who qualify for it). People who make above a certain income are able to get even a basic policy, but make a decisio to put the food on the table first. THESE people are the ones "Obamacare" is covering (and MANDATING they get coverage), the people who go to work EVERY DAY whether they are sick or not because if they take a vacation, they go bankrupt. It does not protect lil' hommie over there who can very well afford to pay for health insurance, but remains on medicaid or some other state program because then the government would hasten its ability to detect how he's actually making his gross income. Your arguement is slanted to the idea that people that are already on social aid programs were the immediate beneficiaries of this legislation, when it is in fact the people that are on the edge of being applicable for social aid and the people that still cant get by that are in the ER when they suddenly pass out from a chronic flu or the numerous diseases and conditions that are triggered by exhaustion on roids.

You get to keep your nice little policy with a short inflation spike and other people dont die at home with a saline drip as comfort cause thats literally all the hospital could do after "life saving treatment".

Post deleted by User.
By Fumiku 2013-10-22 04:13:50
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
If only they had implemented ways to help pay for these subsidies or offset the cost of the premiums. Something like an individual mandate or increased revenue generated from upper-income brackets would have been super useful.

IF ONLY

If only people would sign up for this we might be in business..... if only....
By Fumiku 2013-10-22 04:26:22
Link | Citer | R

Enuyasha said: »
but make a decision to put the food on the table first. THESE people are the ones "Obamacare" is covering (and MANDATING they get coverage), the people who go to work EVERY DAY whether they are sick or not because if they take a vacation, they go bankrupt.

If they can't afford to take a vacation, I don't see how they can afford a 3k deductible....
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-22 07:03:13
Link | Citer | R

So whats the point of insurance then? the bill still gets paid whether or not you have insurance B or insurance A or whether its person ,X,Y,Z,(omega symbol)...oh wait...but that requires you to admit flaws in the free market...and you wont do that cause Obamacare is evil cause of some completely fictitious 10K talking point number.

Also: in the grand scheme that if your taxes pay for my insurance then my own taxes pay for my insurance as well, so effectively, im paying for my own insurance as well as your wasteful use of public funded services and publicly owned assets.
You still do not understand the point of the Heritage Foundation's report.

As a direct result, health insurance premiums have increased due to PPACA, and you (and all other liberals) only see how much in premiums that only you have to pay directly. This was not because of any flaws in the free market, because the government intervened in said free market.

Plus, your reasoning with taxes is flawed because you are also paying into the same wasteful use of public funded services and publicly owned assets. You seem to be ok with that, which is really sad.

The point: The overall bill has been increased per person as a direct result of PPACA, but your only defense in this is that you think in only selfish terms (which is what liberals demonize everyone else BUT them for doing. Pot, meet kettle).
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-22 07:11:30
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

Nice to see you posting outdated charts and charts that doesn't reflect the spending your horse has been doing to try to make a point.

Either way, your charts did not prove your point (again). I think you are just randomly posting charts to create the illusion of knowledge.

Doesn't work when you have people here who can actually read the charts you are posting.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-10-22 08:32:54
Link | Citer | R

I love how you jump to irrelevant talking points. people under a certain gross income are exempt (mostly, people who are already on medicaid, or who qualify for it). People who make above a certain income are able to get even a basic policy, but make a decisio to put the food on the table first. THESE people are the ones "Obamacare" is covering (and MANDATING they get coverage), the people who go to work EVERY DAY whether they are sick or not because if they take a vacation, they go bankrupt. It does not protect lil' hommie over there who can very well afford to pay for health insurance, but remains on medicaid or some other state program because then the government would hasten its ability to detect how he's actually making his gross income. Your arguement is slanted to the idea that people that are already on social aid programs were the immediate beneficiaries of this legislation, when it is in fact the people that are on the edge of being applicable for social aid and the people that still cant get by that are in the ER when they suddenly pass out from a chronic flu or the numerous diseases and conditions that are triggered by exhaustion on roids.

You get to keep your nice little policy with a short inflation spike and other people dont die at home with a saline drip as comfort cause thats literally all the hospital could do after "life saving treatment".

People under 19k a year are exempt. Those between 19k and 40k are not. Would consider that to be modest income? Those are the ones least likely to have health insurance that will be fined for not opting into Obamacare and SUBSEQUENTLY taking the government subsidy to help pay for it thus becoming dependent on the government for their health care. Is that clear enough for you yet?

Edit: actually was worse after I double checked. That's under 19,000 for joint filing married couples. It is under 9500$ a year for singles. So yeah anyone over 9500 a year forced into it and become a lifetime serf of the federal government.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-22 08:37:14
Link | Citer | R

how can you be dependent on the government if they require something of you but pay for it.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-10-22 08:38:18
Link | Citer | R

Because they will pay very little while the government pays 95% of it.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-10-22 08:43:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Squishytaru said: »
With the exception of the existing medicaid. The healthcare is not coming from the government. It is not run by the government. It is a mandate by the government for people to go buy insurance.

AND THE GOVERNMENT PAYS FOR ALMOST ALL OF IT. They get health insurance. They love it. And the only way they will continue to have health insurance is if the government keeps cutting massive checks to them to pay for it.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-22 08:44:13
Link | Citer | R

But you already are a lifetime serf of the federal government. Nothing has changed there!

Edit: If you are a couple joint filing at 19K you are either a drug dealer that's under reporting your earned income or extremely lazy and or undereducated. It's not a realistic value in today's world.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-22 08:51:47
Link | Citer | R

i fail to see how the government paying for health insurance for people who would otherwise be costing us all money anyway when they go to the ER and can't pay and it costs ten times what insurance costs, is making them dependent. they already aren't paying for it. at least if hospitals know they will get paid, healthcare costs will go down across the board. it will also help deal with unlicensed doctors and illegal pharmacies.

why weren't you people crying about medicare part B?
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 99 100 101