Shut 'em Down!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Shut 'em down!
Shut 'em down!
First Page 2 3 ... 52 53 54 ... 99 100 101
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-17 13:54:25
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Therefore, the idiots will listen to the liberal message and think it is true (Zero, Pleebo, Jassik for example)

You can say what you want about me...

Even though we disagree on a lot of things, Pleebo's posts/points are typically well thought out, well sourced and well written.

You can disagree with what he is saying, but calling him an idiot is only going to lessen the way people feel about you.
I find that 90% of his posts are idiotic in nature, full of insults, just as bad as Zero. At least on the PR forums.

The few times he does post more than one sentence, it sometimes is thought out, but that is not often. He has yet to show that he isn't just repeating what was handed out to him on a pamphlet.

But I'm sorry I have insulted your friend.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-10-17 13:56:15
Link | Citer | R

Even though we disagree on a lot of things, Pleebo's posts/points are typically well thought out, well sourced and well written.

You can disagree with what he is saying, but calling him an idiot is only going to lessen the way people feel about you.
This...
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-17 14:02:15
Link | Citer | R

Therefore, the idiots will listen to the liberal message and think it is true (Zero, Pleebo, Jassik for example)

I find that 90% of his posts are idiotic in nature, full of insults, just as bad as Zero. At least on the PR forums.

The few times he does post more than one sentence, it sometimes is thought out, but that is not often. He has yet to show that he isn't just repeating what was handed out to him on a pamphlet.

Mmmm...Maybe if you were to adopt a better attitude people would be more welcoming and responsive? I mean, your tactic of habitually singling out specific people doesn't shine the best light on you. Especially when two others of the same mind-set display the same "go for the jugular" attitude.

Joke a little and laugh a bit. If you approach this the way you approach a group of strangers in any social setting, the experience will be better. Then again, politics is a taboo subject when it comes to first impressions.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-17 14:07:05
Link | Citer | R

"We will not be dictated to by fact-checkers."

Seems appropriate.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-17 14:13:20
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Mmmm...Maybe if you were to adopt a better attitude people would be more welcoming and responsive? I mean, your tactic of habitually singling out specific people doesn't shine the best light on you. Especially when two others of the same mind-set display the same "go for the jugular" attitude.

Joke a little and laugh a bit. If you approach this the way you approach a group of strangers in any social setting, the experience will be better. Then again, politics is a taboo subject when it comes to first impressions.
Well, why should anyone care what others think of them on an online forum anyway? It isn't like we are all going to be best buds in the world.

Everyone acts differently to people in actual social settings than they do on an online forum. I think that "getting punched in the face" factor has a lot to do with that.

To be honest, I think that the internet has been the best and worst thing to happen to society since intercontinental travel became available. Everyone has an opinion, and my opinion is better than yours. (not really, I know that. I'm just throwing it out there that I have observed that type of mentality with the internet)
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-17 14:18:10
Link | Citer | R

no, most people are either respectful or disrespectful as a general personality. tact is universal and I'd question the intelligence of anyone who uses anonymity as justification for poor social conduct.

also, if living in reality make me a liberal, regardless of my actual opinions, then sign me up, being associated with the current gop is a feeling of dirty i can't seem to wash off.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-17 14:22:35
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »
no, most people are either respectful or disrespectful as a general personality. tact is universal and I'd question the intelligence of anyone who uses anonymity as justification for poor social conduct.

also, if living in reality make me a liberal, regardless of my actual opinions, then sign me up, being associated with the current gop is a feeling of dirty i can't seem to wash off.
So, you are saying you are an *** in both this forum and to actual people?

I'm completely different on this forum than I am to my friends, family, and coworkers. For one, I don't talk politics with them (often).
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-17 14:26:21
Link | Citer | R

i am pretty respectful of other people's opinions and happily discuss the issues like the vast majority of people on this forum. it's really just a select few that continually attack people of differing viewpoints and make everything a partisan pissing match.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-10-17 14:28:20
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-17 14:30:20
Link | Citer | R

Well, why should anyone care what others think of them on an online forum anyway? It isn't like we are all going to be best buds in the world.

Everyone acts differently to people in actual social settings than they do on an online forum. I think that "getting punched in the face" factor has a lot to do with that.

You know, I thought you were a big proponent of personal responsibility and accountability as a matter of political bent. Now you're ready to throw that away in order to deploy the RL card for expediency?

Shameless. Practice what you preach.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-17 14:43:59
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

You know, I thought you were a big proponent of personal responsibility and accountability as a matter of political bent. Now you're ready to throw that away in order to deploy the RL card for expediency?

How so? I back up everything I say 125%. What you see is what I believe. How is that I treat people differently, depending on if I'm talking to them in person or on an online forum throwing away my beliefs?

I challenge anyone on this forum to actually look at how you act towards people on this forum vs. your actual friends, and I will guarantee that there is a difference in attitudes, speech, and general reactions to conversations, especially when it comes to differing discussions. If you are honest with yourself, you should be able to see a difference within minutes!
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-17 14:46:38
Link | Citer | R

Tell me about... he tried to refute me for saying "Who is trying to be taken seriously on an internet forum... oh wait You" Then turn arounds and paraphrases that ***at the point in time of his appeal for sympathy.
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-17 14:53:37
Link | Citer | R

Z I figured it out last night....

are you ready!?!?

Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-17 14:54:53
Link | Citer | R

How so? I back up everything I say 125%. What you see is what I believe. How is that I treat people differently, depending on if I'm talking to them in person or on an online forum throwing away my beliefs?

I challenge anyone on this forum to actually look at how you act towards people on this forum vs. your actual friends, and I will guarantee that there is a difference in attitudes, speech, and general reactions to conversations, especially when it comes to differing discussions. If you are honest with yourself, you should be able to see a difference within minutes!

You just tried to worm out of personal responsibility on the internet by handwaving the entire thing away via a RL card. What you say online should match up to statements made offline with some room for situational flexibility.

If what you say on the web varies wildly from RL, you've either got some repression going on (personal or outward pressure) or are ducking personal responsibility due to a lack of perceived accountability. If personal responsibility and accountability are core to your beliefs and character you'd have never made the RL card distinction in the first place.

Need I also mention that poking the wrong beehive online can and could have potential RL repercussions. Finding where someone lives, where they work or family members is all as easy 1-2-stalkme.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-17 15:01:09
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »

huzzah, ***.

YouTube Video Placeholder

HUZZAH
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-17 15:04:03
Link | Citer | R

You just tried to worm out of personal responsibility on the internet by handwaving the entire thing away via a RL card. What you say online should match up to statements made offline with some room for situational flexibility.

If what you say on the web varies wildly from RL, you've either got some repression going on (personal or outward pressure) or are ducking personal responsibility due to a lack of perceived accountability. If personal responsibility and accountability are core to your beliefs and character you'd have never made the RL card distinction in the first place.

Ok, so explain to me how my words here would harm anyone who reads it? Explain how my beliefs will harm you, physically or mentally, in any way. I'm not attacking you to the point of bullying, nor am I demeaning you in anyway besides tell you what I think of you. If you take it personally and jump off a bridge, how is that my fault for you having such thin skin that you can't even take constructive criticism?

Quote:
Need I also mention that poking the wrong beehive online can and could have potential RL repercussions. Finding where someone lives, where they work or family members is all as easy 1-2-stalkme.

And yet, it hasn't happened. And it will never happen. I'm not a dipshit and post my information online, outside of informing you that I am a member of a community of over 1 million people. Even the email that is used to this website is fake and used solely for the purpose of registering for this website.

So, good luck finding me. I highly doubt anyone can even find my actual name, let alone any other information tied to me.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-17 15:09:55
Link | Citer | R

man you completely missed his point and took it as a personal afront. You gotta stop doing that.. don't take my advice though afterall I'm just an idoit.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-17 15:12:08
Link | Citer | R

He did make it personal. Read what he said again.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-17 15:12:11
Link | Citer | R

Ok, so explain to me how my words here would harm anyone who reads it? Explain how my beliefs will harm you, physically or mentally, in any way. I'm not attacking you to the point of bullying, nor am I demeaning you in anyway besides tell you what I think of you. If you take it personally and jump off a bridge, how is that my fault for you having such thin skin that you can't even take constructive criticism?

Did I say your words harmed me? All I was pointing out was the contradiction of your political leanings, steeped in personal responsibility and accountability with the use of a RL card which by definition is copping out of personal responsibility.

Quote:
And yet, it hasn't happened. And it will never happen. I'm not a dipshit and post my information online, outside of informing you that I am a member of a community of over 1 million people. Even the email that is used to this website is fake and used solely for the purpose of registering for this website.

So, good luck finding me. I highly doubt anyone can even find my actual name, let alone any other information tied to me.

You know this is what everyone who has been doxed says right? All it takes someone with the time and effort to dig up information on anyone posting on the internet including you. Your words here are public and I like to operate under the impression that I can be discovered at any time.

The NSA seems to agree.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-17 15:14:03
Link | Citer | R

You have only insulted yourself sir.

And I disagree with your 90% analysis. I think if you go back and read the posts from the beginning you will understand the points he was trying to make before the thread degenerated into a hellbroth of name calling.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-17 15:14:45
Link | Citer | R

It's not personal if I point out an obvious contradiction. I've had intro level Philosophy courses with more bite.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-17 15:23:52
Link | Citer | R

Did I say your words harmed me? All I was pointing out was the contradiction of your political leanings, steeped in personal responsibility and accountability with the use of a RL card which by definition is copping out of personal responsibility.

How is it copping out of personal responsibility that I act differently towards you than I do to somebody else? Am I required to like everyone? Am I required to agree with everything you say?

Because if I am, so are you, and we are both not doing what is required for us.

Quote:
You know this is what everyone who has been doxed says right? All it takes someone with the time and effort to dig up information on anyone posting on the internet including you. Your words here are public and I like to operate under the impression that I can be discovered at any time.

The NSA seems to agree.

It may take effort, but at least I make sure whatever I don't want it to be public stays that way. I don't go on facebook and say what a crappy day I have and then post information about my job or clients or anything stupid like that.

I highly doubt that anyone, even hackers, can find anything about me. And whatever NSA has found about me through my emails, can't tie this account to who I am. So, in essence, nobody can tie this account to the real-life me.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-17 15:34:06
Link | Citer | R

On topic:

Obama being Obama

And people support him? They think he is a good leader? Heck, this shows that he isn't a good person at all.

But he doesn't have to worry, because he is assassin/impeachment proof, so he can be who he truly is for the next 3 years...
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-10-17 15:40:04
Link | Citer | R

Great point Obama.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-17 15:45:36
Link | Citer | R

President Barack (Barry Soetoro) Obama said:
"To all my friends in Congress, understand that how business is done in this town has to change. You don't like a particular policy or a particular president? Then argue for your position. Go out there and win an election. But don't break it. We hear some members who pushed for the shutdown say they were doing it to save the American economy. But nothing has done more to undermine our economy in the past three years than the kind of tactics that create these manufactured crises. Nothing has done more to damage our standing with other countries than the spectacle we've seen the last three weeks. Stop focusing on the lobbyists and the bloggers, the talking heads on radio and the professional activists who profit from conflict."

He's been reading this thread...or we're just regurgitating the same ***everyone else is o_O
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-17 15:54:58
Link | Citer | R

How is Obama wrong on the statement:

"If you want to defeat Obamacare, win an election."

Turmoil within the GOP isn't helping the Obamacare message.

If you have the stronger argument then convince the American people. Remove the cancer that are social conservatives, form a coalition with people of different backgrounds and take the White House in 2016.

As it stands right now, the Dems have stronger candidates itching for the Presidency and the GOP problem of appealing largely to an increasingly aging, white base hasn't been rectified. Latinos are constantly categorized as leechers and job stealers, Arabs are turned off vitriolic statements about their religion, LBGT community would be suicidal to vote for a platform that loathes their existence and African-American voters see veiled racism rolling off the lips of GOP candidates. Any moderate Republicans are immediately thrown into the RINO pile and if/when Chris Christie runs for president he's going to get Giuliani'd with the utmost fury. Rand Paul is probably the frontunner right now and he's still trying to shake "I'm not *** Ron Paul" syndrome.

This isn't to say that the Dems are doing something right moreso the GOP keeps handing them groups due to a conclusion made by people that the party is out of touch with their segment. How many times does the party need to trip up on this fact to realize there are problems? Binders full of women and legitimate rape much?

You can cut up districts into gerrymandered fiefdoms but it doesn't change the fact that both John McCain and Mitt Romney were hamstrung by insane demands for further pushes to the right during their races. Had Romney played his moderate background to the masses and avoided all those careless flipflops designed to appeal to his base ('dat 47% comment) he'd probably be the POTUS right now.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
Serveur: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2013-10-17 16:04:42
Link | Citer | R

The liberal base has been all about expanding government (as proven between 2009-2011, where government has expanded at an outstanding rate).
I may be somewhat behind in news, but exactly what expansion has occurred? By what metric? Compared to what other period?
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-10-17 16:05:12
Link | Citer | R

Romney could have stuck to his beliefs and the only additional state he would have had a chance at would have been Florida. He was never going to win more than he did regardless of his flipflopping. He was never going to win back the millions of votes he lost when he protested the auto bailout.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
Serveur: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2013-10-17 16:14:47
Link | Citer | R

To be honest, I think that the internet has been the best and worst thing to happen to society since intercontinental travel became available. Everyone has an opinion, and my opinion is better than yours. (not really, I know that. I'm just throwing it out there that I have observed that type of mentality with the internet)
If the only thing that is moderating one's own behavior is the possibility of getting punched in the face, then one has some issues that one needs to resolve.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-17 16:25:28
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Milamber said: »

If the only thing that is moderating one's own behavior is the possibility of getting punched in the face, then one has some issues that one needs to resolve.

Perfectly stated. [+]
First Page 2 3 ... 52 53 54 ... 99 100 101