Shut 'em Down!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Shut 'em down!
Shut 'em down!
First Page 2 3 ... 49 50 51 ... 99 100 101
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-10-16 16:46:11
Link | Citer | R

NO ONE IS GOING ANYWHERE WE NEED TO MAKE THIS AN EVEN 50 PAGES
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-16 16:47:07
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
I think that everyone knows the 40 tea partiers that remain after the 2012 slaughter are very safe Mosin

I just thought all the 'defeated' talk was rather bold.

meh.

on to the next debacle.

It's just been reopened until Jan 15th. With the debt ceiling to be renegotiated on Feb 7. So we should be shut down again right around Martin Luther King day.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-16 16:48:50
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
NO ONE IS GOING ANYWHERE WE NEED TO MAKE THIS AN EVEN 50 PAGES

you da boss.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-10-16 16:49:22
Link | Citer | R

Yep. Possibly with a new speaker, we will see.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-16 16:55:45
Link | Citer | R

I think that everyone knows the 40 tea partiers that remain after the 2012 slaughter are very safe Mosin

meh.

on to the next debacle.

January!!! The countdown begins!
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-16 16:57:27
Link | Citer | R

In ze digital era, & the scrutiny that comes along with it, you'd almost have to have a healthy mix of megalomania & masochistic tendencies to consider running for national public office a good idea.

Christ I don't want my grandma knowing about all the whiskey I drink & pot I smoke/d
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Serveur: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2013-10-16 16:57:37
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

meh.

on to the next debacle.

It's just been reopened until Jan 15th. With the debt ceiling to be renegotiated on Feb 7. So we should be shut down again right around Martin Luther King day.

Reading about the agreement, my understanding is that it permits the Treasury Department to take "extraordinary measures" should America go into default. Any Republican opposition in February will be defanged.

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
No, just Boehner and the recently defeated Tea Party.
Too bad it wasn't your horse that defeated them, but the media.

Now, if the media can start reporting the incompetency of the liberals, they would be having headlines for years...

No, it was the American people and Wall Street that won the day. Shutdown and default was very unpopular outside certain fanatical circles. Trying to say that it was the media ignores the fact that your views are shared by relatively few Americans.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-16 16:58:51
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
They didn't ruin Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas after all! :)

yet, Z, yet...
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-16 16:59:53
Link | Citer | R

I guess running a puppet would be ok.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-16 17:00:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Squishytaru said: »

Now, if the media can start reporting the incompetency of the liberals, they would be having headlines for years...

I really can't understand how dense people are sometimes.

Neither party is innocent, and honestly I don't care much about the Democrats. They honestly seem to come out behind in most compromises lately.

Regardless, anyone who can't see what the Tea Party leading the Republicans (aka extremists leading their caucus) just did. Has hurt a large count of Americans, been bad for America, and done damage for utterly no effect and with nothing to show for it. Is beyond me and just leaves me disappointed.

Even if you were right Kingnonsense, what the Tea Party just pulled is inexcusable. Who cares about the alleged incompetence of Liberals when the other party is willing to drag the country down? To try to entertain their b*llshit fantasy land by almost any means necessary?

The irony of it all is the founding fathers hated democracy because of what we have here. You get a bunch of morons with political power.
I didn't say anything close to what you are referring to.

I understand that the Tea Party did damage to the US from this debacle, and that it would only hurt their image in the short-term.

But this isn't just their fault. We had a Senate majority leader and the president both said on record that they will not negotiate. How do you expect anything to be done when one party doesn't even want to get it done? Why are we blaming the other party because of those unwilling to negotiate. That is like blaming the shooting victim for getting in the way of the bullet during a robbery.

Why do we have a third party, who is supposed to be neutral in giving out information to the masses, siding with one party and nobody is doing anything about it? This should be the bigger issue, even bigger than the government shutdown, but nobody gives a crap. In fact, you have idiots like Vic and Zero who treats this crap like it is their version of gospel. They are lapping it all up, and I believe that is more dangerous than whatever the Tea Party can do to this nation.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-16 17:01:31
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
nobody besides the most bleeding heart vegan treehugger is victimizing obama. all but the yayhoos on the far right are just sick of these morons picking fights that do more damage than the issue they're fighting over.

Of course you victimize him, it's the only way one can simultaneously find so much wrong with the direction of the country yet never attach any of it to it's leader.

I'm happy to attach blame where blame is due. It's not that nobody blames Obama or Democrats for the things they do wrong, it's that the loudmouths on the other side of the isle have such a twisted perception that anytime they meet opposition they start screaming about people calling them racist how the Obama plays the victim.

No, we don't all love Obama, but we're placing blame where it's due. Want to earn some political credibility? Try blaming Obama for his real shortcomings and stop building an Obama parade float to blame for everything EXCEPT what he's actually at fault for. If neo-cons stuck to REAL issues, people might be inclined to show them some respect, but you all sound like a bunch of raving lunatics released too soon.

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »

meh.

on to the next debacle.

Reading about the agreement, my understanding is that it permits the Treasury Department to take "extraordinary measures" should America go into default. Any Republican opposition in February will be defanged.

Technically they have always had that privilege and responsibility, this is tentative resolution simply puts a very clear signature on it. Though, unless the polling data gets even worse than it already is, I'm sure the TPers will attempt some kind of injunction or appeal to the supreme court that giving the power to seek funding without congressional approval is unconstitutional.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-16 17:03:49
Link | Citer | R

In ze digital era, & the scrutiny that comes along with it, you'd almost have to have a healthy mix of megalomania & masochistic tendencies to consider running for national public office a good idea.

Christ I don't want my grandma knowing about all the whiskey I drink & pot I smoke/d

You just pooped all over our party! Or! Or or or! We should make our own political party! Cab-Sav and scripy-scrip cocktails are just so fun once or twice a year, legalized pot, and whiskey for all! I think we have our party platform!

They didn't ruin Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas after all! :)

yet, Z, yet...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/hits the panic button

I will not be tossing wreaths around threads this Christmas! You ruined my Christmas spirit!
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-16 17:05:45
Link | Citer | R

You just pooped all over our party! Or! Or or or! We should make our own political party! Cab-Sav and scripy-scrip cocktails are just so fun once or twice a year, legalized pot, and whiskey for all! I think we have our party platform!

I'm in, we just need a catchy name & we're gold.

I will not be tossing wreaths around threads this Christmas! You ruined my Christmas spirit!

bah humbug!
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-16 17:07:04
Link | Citer | R

I'm in, we just need a catchy name & we're gold.

We need a name that will one-up the Bull Moose Party!
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-16 17:08:19
Link | Citer | R

We need a name that will one-up the Bull Moose Party!

I'm outta here.

I'll let it roll around my brain....
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-16 17:08:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Squishytaru said: »

I really can't understand how dense people are sometimes.

Neither party is innocent, and honestly I don't care much about the Democrats. They honestly seem to come out behind in most compromises lately.

Regardless, anyone who can't see what the Tea Party leading the Republicans (aka extremists leading their caucus) just did. Has hurt a large count of Americans, been bad for America, and done damage for utterly no effect and with nothing to show for it. Is beyond me and just leaves me disappointed.

Even if you were right Kingnonsense, what the Tea Party just pulled is inexcusable. Who cares about the alleged incompetence of Liberals when the other party is willing to drag the country down? To try to entertain their b*llshit fantasy land by almost any means necessary?

The irony of it all is the founding fathers hated democracy because of what we have here. You get a bunch of morons with political power.

I understand that the Tea Party did damage to the US from this debacle, and that it would only hurt their image in the short-term.

But this isn't just their fault. We had a Senate majority leader and the president both said on record that they will not negotiate. How do you expect anything to be done when one party doesn't even want to get it done? Why are we blaming the other party because of those unwilling to negotiate. That is like blaming the shooting victim for getting in the way of the bullet during a robbery.

Why do we have a third party, who is supposed to be neutral in giving out information to the masses, siding with one party and nobody is doing anything about it? This should be the bigger issue, even bigger than the government shutdown, but nobody gives a crap. In fact, you have idiots like Vic and Zero who treats this crap like it is their version of gospel. They are lapping it all up, and I believe that is more dangerous than whatever the Tea Party can do to this nation.

They didn't say they wouldn't negotiate, that's not the end of the sentence. They wouldn't negotiate ACA as a condition of funding the government. Obama's press conference at the beginning of the whole mess he said clearly that they ACA is a done deal, if they want to sit down and work out some additions or adjustments to the law he'd be happy to do so, but he wouldn't negotiate as a condition of funding the government. That is a huge huge huge huge huge (I don't think you can overstate that) HUGE distinction.
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-10-16 17:15:43
Link | Citer | R

Speaking of negotiations, I fail to see how "You have two choices, defund or repeal Obamacare." is negotiating or compromise.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-10-16 17:18:04
Link | Citer | R

Tears taste so sweet. Let this be a harsh lesson for the Tea Party, the federal budget and the debt ceiling are not weapons to be used against America. Harry Reid stood up to the Tea Party and steamrolled them, the bipartisan deal includes nothing for them, they literally achieved zero of their goals while driving their party's popularity into the ground. And the best part is, Obamacare is going through a terrible launch, and no one is talking about it, because the House couldn't come up with anything for 16 days. Hope it was worth it.

Odin.Jassik said: »
They didn't say they wouldn't negotiate, that's not the end of the sentence. They wouldn't negotiate ACA as a condition of funding the government. Obama's press conference at the beginning of the whole mess he said clearly that they ACA is a done deal, if they want to sit down and work out some additions or adjustments to the law he'd be happy to do so, but he wouldn't negotiate as a condition of funding the government. That is a huge huge huge huge huge (I don't think you can overstate that) HUGE distinction.

I doubt Aman or king every actually understand that fact.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-10-16 17:19:25
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Eugene said: »
Speaking of negotiations, I fail to see how "You have two choices, defund or repeal Obamacare." is negotiating or compromise.

Thats the standard Tea Party rhetoric, they have never once offered anything in the form of a concession or a favor, they only list demands and throw tantrums when they are ignored.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-16 17:29:09
Link | Citer | R

Please refrain from name calling, and presuming you know anything about anyone who posts here. You literally said /que Zero throwing a fit then proceded to have a tantrum about the media being the reason this was resolved. You can't give credit to the bipartisian politicians?
It's all the media.

That's weird... Because you know what you sound like? A Liberal complaining about Roger Ailes.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-16 17:30:59
Link | Citer | R

Please refrain from name calling, and presuming you know anything about anyone who posts here. You literally said /que Zero throwing a fit then proceded to have a tantrum about the media being the reason this was resolved. You can't give credit to the bipartisian politicians?
It's the all media.

That's weird... Because you know what you sound like? A Liberal complaining about Roger Ailes.

no no no, there can never be a single parallel between a neo-con and the fictitious ultra-liberals they complain about.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-16 17:58:17
Link | Citer | R

Ted Cruz is literally losing his ***on the Senate Floor right now.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-16 17:59:04
Link | Citer | R

Ted Cruz is literally losing his ***on the Senate Floor right now.

I've never been much for public beatings, I'll wait for the youtube clips.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-16 18:30:11
Link | Citer | R

He gave the most veiled crybaby sour grapes threat to the President and incumbent Senate Republicans... "Just imagine Mr. President if all the Senate Republicans had stood behind the House Republicans how this would have played out differently".

He even mentioned the petition that has all of 2Million signatures. Claimed it represents the will of all the American people.

Somebody needs to remind him that 1.)He's a Senate Republican and that 2.) 2 Million signatures does not represent the sentiments of 313.9Million Americans. Simple math says its 6.2%.

Edit= my math was off, forgot to move up a 0. so 2Million signatures out of 313.9 Million = 0.65%
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-10-16 18:31:48
Link | Citer | R

lol, that is amusing. Typical Tea Partier, talking about fantasies.
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-10-16 18:43:04
Link | Citer | R

I laughed.
If Ted Cruz didn’t exist, Democrats would have to invent him.

Quote:
A true cynic about American politics would, at this point, be forced to one conclusion: Sen. Ted Cruz is a Democratic sleeper agent.
It is tough to appreciate just how much good Ted Cruz has done the Democrats over these last few weeks.

Hey, he was originally Canadian, our socially democratic little brother to the North, it's possible eh.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-16 19:00:17
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Eugene said: »
I laughed.
If Ted Cruz didn’t exist, Democrats would have to invent him.

Quote:
A true cynic about American politics would, at this point, be forced to one conclusion: Sen. Ted Cruz is a Democratic sleeper agent.
It is tough to appreciate just how much good Ted Cruz has done the Democrats over these last few weeks.

Hey, he was originally Canadian, our socially democratic little brother to the North, it's possible eh.

That is most definitely the writings of an ecstatic lefty, but I loved it. Now we just need a round of strong rational republican candidates in 2014 and we can have a semi-functioning democracy again. Hopefully this will get the dems out of their defeatist slump and they can bring some strong members in, too. There's nothing wrong with having true opposition in the legislature, so long as they both acknowledge real problems and disagree on how to address them.
First Page 2 3 ... 49 50 51 ... 99 100 101