Shut 'em Down!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Shut 'em down!
Shut 'em down!
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 99 100 101
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-02 10:56:49
Link | Citer | R

I refuse to click on any links due to the overabundance of galka mayo pictures I still have a hard time understanding...

I think the leg tingle thing was a chris matthews joke from back in the 08 campaign... and not a deferential reference to anyone's preferences.

but I am ruining it by spelling it all out aren't I.... /shrug

Edit: Late and paged! 0/2
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-10-02 11:03:13
Link | Citer | R

There is no reason to click on his links anyways. I wonder if boehner will reopen the govt he is keeping closed today...
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-02 12:04:29
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Edit: Late and paged! 0/2

and ruined the joke ya bastid! 0/3!!!

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
I wonder if boehner will reopen the govt he is keeping closed today...

god I hope not.

if you listen to npr it sounds like people are clamoring to get signed up for obamacare like it's the last train leaving the station... if that's the case boehner may have a serious case of the midas touch in reverse... In which case I can only hope he touches all the everything...

it appears he already touched the servers, inappropriately, and they all crashed like meth addicts when the supply runs out...

Riddle me this boys and girls...if you have the free time

If obamacare only works if everyone signs up. and we know, god what, at least 5% of people won't sign up because they believe smart phones are the devil and hear voices and another 5% will refuse out of spite....

how many people will it take not signing up before the whole system collapses in on itself.... and as a part B to the question

how long before the tea party figures that out and launches a campaign to keep people off of it?

I'm kinda slow figuring this one out they may have already started.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-02 12:13:35
Link | Citer | R

5% will refuse out of spite....

ya, I will.

but not because of Obama. he's just another rube who thought he'd change the world. & not because of any spite for this specific law either, just out of spite for being told what to do in the first place.

I don't really know if any of it applies to me anyways, as I already pay out the balls for ze wife, ze kids, & I.

honestly I probably should be more interested, but I'm just not.
[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-10-02 12:25:40
Link | Citer | R

I'mma look at it, only because my hope at this point to lose weight and be healthy is to see a doctor on a regular basis.

Just hoping that the choices are pretty decent and that they don't take you for a ride like the Health Care in MA did to me.

Horrible. -.-
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-02 12:26:17
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »
just out of spite for being told what to do in the first place.

I believe I'm part of that 5% there.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-02 12:50:02
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-02 12:52:48
Link | Citer | R

It doesn't apply to anyone that already has insurance... This is mainly for people that don't have insurance/got rejected because of pre existing health conditions and those that think they can get a better deal than what thier workplace provides for them...

Edit: oh and then sticking a new tax in there for people who don't think they need it or just don't want it... or like it was said refuse to out of spite... lol...
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-02 13:14:20
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Flavin said: »
It doesn't apply to anyone that already has insurance... This is mainly for people that don't have insurance/got rejected because of pre existing health conditions and those that think they can get a better deal than what thier workplace provides for them...

right, but if I understand the plan correctly the only way it will work is if the healthy people (mostly young people) sign up for it.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-02 13:29:37
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Flavin said: »
right, but if I understand the plan correctly the only way it will work is if the healthy people (mostly young people) sign up for it.
Isn't the age they're relying on more like 25-35? It'd be stupid to rely on 18-25 since they can still remain on their parents insurance and I'm not sure but I might have heard something on ACA lengthening that or changing something about that but idk...
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-02 13:32:48
Link | Citer | R

Fumiku said: »
I agree, that it was impossible to implement in that time frame. However have you went online and actually ran though the process?

I am looking at $150 a month to $300 a month for coverage going though the health exchange. I am also looking at a $3000 deductible. These numbers by the way, are ridiculous...

Currently My employer offer coverage, thank god, but if they didn't I would have to shell out an extra $100 a month (not including the deductible which is around $3000) because the law only applies to the individual at the time. Why would I go to the doctor if I have to pay 3k unless I know for sure it is something major?

I think that is a good reason to delay the individual mandate.

Nobody honestly expected it to be 100% at launch, although, even from an IT standpoint there's no reason it shouldn't be possible when you consider the talent involved and the budget for it.

While those aren't a great value as far as major medical care goes, it's actually very competitive in both price and features to what many employers are offering. I pay for a premium package for me and my wife, but the basic package my employer offers is more or less what you were quoted with the addition of an HSA. High deductibles are quickly becoming the norm for medical insurance because premiums are essentially unaffordable with a zero deductible, low copay system.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-02 13:46:51
Link | Citer | R

I am looking at $150 a month to $300 a month for coverage going though the health exchange. I am also looking at a $3000 deductible.

so you only have to pay $3,600.00 in order to pay an additional $3,000.00 before coverage kicks in? pfft! you can go get cancer an hit that number easy!!!
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-02 13:58:03
Link | Citer | R

I am looking at $150 a month to $300 a month for coverage going though the health exchange. I am also looking at a $3000 deductible.

so you only have to pay $3,600.00 in order to pay an additional $3,000.00 before coverage kicks in? pfft! you can go get cancer an hit that number easy!!!

Most programs like that have free preventative care. Things like free immunizations, yearly checkup, etc. You usually only have to pay the deductible for major procedures. It's not great by any means, but it's what most of the people who have been paying for insurance already had.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-02 14:12:51
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »

Most programs like that have free preventative care. Things like free immunizations, yearly checkup, etc. You usually only have to pay the deductible for major procedures. It's not great by any means, but it's what most of the people who have been paying for insurance already had.
The whole idea of making healthcare affordable is to get people to buy insurance, thinking that the only cause of rising healthcare are those who don't have insurance and don't pay for emergency care.

Never mind the fact that doctors are charging for procedures and tests that don't help, nor the fact that doctors have a price floor on services, regardless if you need it or not...
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-02 14:55:34
Link | Citer | R

Breaking: After passing a resolution to fund the military before Tuesday, Reid and Obama now refuse to pass a resolution with funding for kids with cancer.

"Why would we do that?"
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-10-02 15:02:56
Link | Citer | R

CNN's idea of journalism: Awkwardly delivered, emotionally loaded questions.

Stay tuned for more tweets after the break!
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-02 15:06:14
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Breaking: After passing a resolution to fund the military before Tuesday, Reid and Obama now refuse to pass a resolution with funding for kids with cancer.

"Why would we do that?"

Just a heads up on a really dishonest journalistic practice called emotional manipulation. Upwards of 75% of the NIH budget is research grants. That means that even though the department is unfunded, the research projects have already been funded and are operated by private sector research facilities. In fact, from what I can find, less than 8% of their budget is even related to any direct research and the remaining funds are clerical.

So, ya, it will be great to have the department up and working again, but it's nothing more than a PR stunt to suggest that kids with cancer aren't able to get treatment today because senate democrats aren't playing their piecemeal hijacking of the US budget.
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-02 15:07:09
Link | Citer | R

because they're trying to fund all these programs now without actually going through and turning the government back on... from what I heard they were trying to turn the public parks and a few others back on this morning... it's just another tactic to try getting around funding the things they do want or are afraid not to while keeping the things they want out out...

Also, For shame Nausi... for shame lol...
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-10-02 15:08:58
Link | Citer | R

Open the government Boehner. Whats taking so long? You have the votes. Stop making up excuses to not work.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-02 15:13:22
Link | Citer | R

Open the government Boehner. Whats taking so long? You have the votes. Stop making up excuses to not work.

The point is to paint moderates and liberals as hating kids with cancer and unwilling to negotiate.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-10-02 15:21:34
Link | Citer | R

While drawing a paycheck.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-02 15:27:06
Link | Citer | R

There's a bit of a double edged sword in that, though. If the shutdown affected their paycheck, they would be unduly motivated to pass resolutions that may not be ready or appropriate. It does seem from the outside to suggest that they have no personal interest in getting Uncle Sam back on it's feet.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-10-02 15:30:11
Link | Citer | R

I agree, however, this:
The point is to paint moderates and liberals as hating kids with cancer and unwilling to negotiate.
is being totally undermined, along with whatever their other not going to be achieved goals are, by this:
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-02 15:32:37
Link | Citer | R

No, believe me, I'm in the same mindset. It's a frivelous political theater for the sole purpose of political gain. I think a bigger insult than them drawing a paycheck while thousands of government workers are required to continue to work but will not be getting a paycheck, is that they are spending this time symbolically NOT doing their job.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-02 15:42:33
Link | Citer | R

They were interviewing a congresswoman this morning about still collecting a paycheck and was too funny because she wouldn't say yes or no lol... it was only I support the no government no pay act which I guess is supposed to cut them off if the government ever goes into shutdown mode again... they kept asking and she just stuck to the script lol...

There's a bit of a double edged sword in that, though. If the shutdown affected their paycheck, they would be unduly motivated to pass resolutions that may not be ready or appropriate. It does seem from the outside to suggest that they have no personal interest in getting Uncle Sam back on it's feet.
Most of them don't even need the paycheck...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-02 15:43:39
Link | Citer | R

Open the government Reid. Whats taking so long? You have the votes. Stop making up excuses to not work.
FTFY
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-02 15:44:37
Link | Citer | R

lol. How's that kool aid guys? Obama is obviously willing to accept pieces of funding via individual resolutions. He passed one for the military before the circus actually started. We all know that if this was Boehner on the block instead of Reid, you would be lauding the "gusto" of the reporters. Emotional manipulation? Dishonest reporting? All the woman did was ask a question.

Flavin, you do realize the recent tradition (since dems took over in 2007) of funding via "continuing resolution" isn't exactly "turning on" the government either right? Nice double standard there.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-02 15:54:06
Link | Citer | R

lol. How's that kool aid guys?

LOL! You drink it too. The only difference is the flavor.

Gah! When will that term be booted from the vernacular?
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-10-02 15:57:27
Link | Citer | R

lol. How's that kool aid guys? Obama is obviously willing to accept pieces of funding via individual resolutions. He passed one for the military before the circus actually started. We all know that if this was Boehner on the block instead of Reid, you would be lauding the "gusto" of the reporters. Emotional manipulation? Dishonest reporting? All the woman did was ask a question.

Flavin, you do realize the recent tradition (since dems took over in 2007) of funding via "continuing resolution" isn't exactly "turning on" the government either right? Nice double standard there.

Hows the sting of defeat taste? Get used to it. Open the entire government or continue burning up Boehner. Obama won before this started.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2013-10-02 16:03:47
Link | Citer | R

Sorry I'm late...
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 99 100 101