Shut 'em Down!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Shut 'em down!
Shut 'em down!
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 99 100 101
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-08 11:06:25
Link | Citer | R

He has a set of off/on switches on his desk...

Has anyone here noticed any effects of the shutdown personally?
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
Serveur: Siren
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-08 11:07:03
Link | Citer | R

Politicians do play politics... That line is crossed on the daily by pretty much everyone on capitol hill lol... so whats the point in making a big deal over absolutely nothing? Just to try to cause a stir in your favor? Its nothing new from either side though lol...

I can say this, you will never get me to change my mind on who is responsible for this shutdown... you can argue til you're out of breath on who's the bigger idiot in dealing with this or who's playing politics more but the pubs got the number they wanted in negotiations to pass the CR and then they changed their minds and pulled this stunt.. to say that liberals are blind to their own parties stunts and then claim that your party has been on the right side of this from the beginning? ridiculous...

If the dems pulled a stunt like this I would blame them just as much as I do the pubs right now...
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-08 11:09:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Bahamut.Kara said: »
Why do you think that the President is in charge of picking which websites stay online or go offline?
To blame Bush for the shutdown?
Why do you think he met with Obama recently? He was there to revel in his current diabolical plans set to take place and he wanted to taunt Obama! lol...
 Bahamut.Kara
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-10-08 11:09:29
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

I haven't been able to access statistical data from certain US departments.

There are some people who come to ffxiah.com who work for defense contractors/military.
[+]
By Zerowone 2013-10-08 11:14:00
Link | Citer | R

He has a set of off/on switches on his desk...

Not personally but my cousin is constantly bitching about this.. Which I have had to hear about since the shut down. They're stationed in Germany at the moment:
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-08 11:21:36
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
We do have one of the least efficient, highest cost healthcare systems among industrialized nations. A pity most Americans are so busy patting themselves on the back that we're always #1.

But just out of curiosity, what are you basing this claim on?

The World Health Organization did a ranking based on this. You can even check out the methodology if you see fit.

Either way, I checked my anal cavity for a global bureaucracy just to make sure it wasn't lodged in there pushing up on my prostate.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-08 11:22:00
Link | Citer | R

I haven't been able to access statistical data from certain US departments.

yeah but that could happen without a shutdown

Zerowone said: »
Not personally but my cousin is constantly bitching

No no no, something real, something tangible.

there is no government and now I can't _______________
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-08 11:27:03
Link | Citer | R

The World Health Organization did a ranking based on this. You can even check out the methodology if you see fit.

We aren't last on that one. I want the one we are last on.

BTW Do you have any personal experience with any hospitals outside the US?
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-08 11:34:51
Link | Citer | R

He has a set of off/on switches on his desk... Has anyone here noticed any effects of the shutdown personally?
Nope... I won't be personally effected unless this drags on... Only know people that have been...
We aren't last on that one. I want the one we are last on. BTW Do you have any personal experience with any hospitals outside the US?
We'll never be last but I'm not even sure what that ratings scale would be measured upon... Though I've always been under the impression that we have the best single facilities and doctors just that it doesn't spread across the nation everywhere on that level... idk though...

My dad was put up in a French hospital for awhile and he said that they had excellent service and cheap to boot...
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-08 11:36:39
Link | Citer | R

In that report we're below nearly every industrialized, European nation which was the point.

Shall we break out the champagne because we're better off than the Myanmar and the Democratic Republic of the Congo?

Regarding healthcare outside the US personally? Yeah, I've been to a hospital in the Caribbean. It's crap. Then again the economic situation in the Caribbean is crap so no surprise there. You know, compared to the economic, military, social superpower that is the USA.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-10-08 11:43:16
Link | Citer | R

Well it would technically be first and last on. The first in spending and last in healthcare

Definately first in spending (sorry wiki, the link works to WHO paper)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_total_health_expenditure_(PPP)_per_capita
But not last in healthcare ranking by WHO, just really low.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Health_Organization_ranking_of_health_systems

Quote:

I have.

Few differences I have noticed between Denmark and US hospitals. Off the top of my head:

1. There is no smell. Not of chemicals or stale air. I've been to three and they are amazingly clean.
2. Windows are encouraged to be opened. Fresh air is allowed.
3. Each department is seperated completely by a different building. E.g. Emergency care is one building and maternity is in another. Less likely to have spreading staph infection or necrotizing fasciitis.
4. Labratory where blood is processed and taken is also in a seperate area rather than in each room.

Edit: sorry wiki link not working. If you google "total healthcare expenditure per capita" it is the first link. Or
http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/44844/1/9789241564441_eng.pdf
Starting on p. 134
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-08 11:52:45
Link | Citer | R

In that report we're below nearly every industrialized, European nation which was the point.

Shall we break out the champagne because we're better off than the Myanmar and the Democratic Republic of the Congo?

Regarding healthcare outside the US personally? Yeah, I've been to a hospital in the Caribbean. It's crap. Then again the economic situation in the Caribbean is crap so no surprise there. You know, compared to the economic, military, social superpower that is the USA.

I was in one in canada and it sucked ***

Europe was never mentioned in her post. Like I said SHE PULLED THAT ANALYSIS OUT OF HER ***.

I never said the US was first or best or worst. I clearly stated that chanti pulls things out of her *** on a regular basis...
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-08 11:55:02
Link | Citer | R

Few differences I have noticed between Denmark and US hospitals. Off the top of my head:

how long is the emergency room wait?
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-10-08 11:56:35
Link | Citer | R

You call a number and explain your problem. If it is an emergency an ambulance is dispatched for you immediately. If it is not an appointment is set-up with your doctor.
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-08 11:58:30
Link | Citer | R

Idk... the Hospitals I go to in the US are very clean and do not smell of chemicals or stale air...

I don't think the windows in most buildings here even open unless for emergency purposes lol....

The departments are in seprate areas... some in the same building some in different but they don't mix areas...

Blood has always been taken by a nurse on site, not in the examination room but in the office in a room specifically for it, though it is processed elsewhere...

It might depend on where you go here in the states or what kind of hospital it is but yeah I've never had a problem... Always had healthcare too though... I've never really been there for much other than regular check ups and the like though either...
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-08 11:59:48
Link | Citer | R

You call a number and explain your problem. If it is an emergency an ambulance is dispatched for you immediately. If it is not an appointment is set-up with your doctor.
No one just shows up having cut their finger off after trying to prove their manliness attempting to build something? Everyone just calmly calls the hospital determines what it is and then has a ambulance come for them?
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-08 12:00:32
Link | Citer | R

Furthermore I would like to dispute the WHO ranking on the fact that they consider life expectancy, among other things, that have nothing to do with providing healthcare. Therefore, our heathcare is artificially ranked lower because Americans make lousy choices and are idiots.

Our healthcare system would need god like powers to counteract our own stubborn will to destroy ourselves.

Have you been to a Walmart!?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-08 12:03:54
Link | Citer | R

Furthermore I would like to dispute the WHO ranking on the fact that they consider life expectancy, among other things, that have nothing to do with providing healthcare. Therefore, our heathcare is artificially ranked lower because Americans make lousy choices and are idiots.

Our healthcare system would need god like powers to counteract our own stubborn will to destroy ourselves.

If you want to dispute the WHO, that's fine. Numerous people have challenged that report. Population is a huge factor the United States has over Europe.

It doesn't change the fact that Chanti's "classic industrialized nations" is codespeak for Europe and based on the WHO ranking on efficiency we're below every European nation and some developing countries.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-08 12:04:17
Link | Citer | R

No I mean you walk into one grabbing your stomach and begging for help, what's their average wait time?

Around here it's fifteen minutes, CDC says nationally it's about an hour
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-08 12:05:32
Link | Citer | R

Do people in Europe not have the will to attempt constantly destroying themselves?

Last I checked they love drugs as much as any American, eat some of the same crap we do and hold the high score in attempting to destroy the planet in a game of global warfare.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-10-08 12:08:57
Link | Citer | R

No I mean you walk into one grabbing your stomach and begging for help, what's their average wait time?

Yeah, that's not how it works here. If you need emergency help you can grab your phone and call the emergency line.

There is a difference from an actual emergency and not. In the US people who have put off going to the doctor while they are sick sometimes get sicker, which is why they end up in the emergency room for treatment. Here you have a doctor to go to when you get sick immediately so you don't have that overflow.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-08 12:08:59
Link | Citer | R

Just out of curiosity, who do you have in mind as the "who", Nik? Just trying to gain a little clarity.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-10-08 12:09:56
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Flavin said: »
No one just shows up having cut their finger off after trying to prove their manliness attempting to build something? Everyone just calmly calls the hospital determines what it is and then has a ambulance come for them?

Did you drive to the emergency center after you cut off your finger or did you call 911?
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-08 12:10:14
Link | Citer | R

It doesn't change the fact that Chanti's "classic industrialized nations" is codespeak for Europe and based on the WHO ranking on efficiency we're below every European nation and some developing countries.

I didn't realize I needed a codespeak translator to call *** on someone's unsubstantiated claim on a video game forum...

You can suck her *** all you want. But any way you slice it her statement was erroneous.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-08 12:11:33
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Just out of curiosity, who do you have in mind as the "who", Nik? Just trying to gain a little clarity.

the world health organization...

you're out of your element donny!!!!
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-10-08 12:13:02
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Flavin said: »

The departments are in seprate areas... some in the same building some in different but they don't mix areas...

Blood has always been taken by a nurse on site, not in the examination room but in the office in a room specifically for it, though it is processed elsewhere...

It definately depends on the hospital in the US. If you are ever in Atlanta do not go to Grady.

What do you mean by keeping areas seperate? Your patients travel in the same elevators, the same initial corridors (depending on how they came in), the bed linens are washed together, etc.

The US has seen an increase in hospital bacterial infections.
By Zerowone 2013-10-08 12:13:23
Link | Citer | R

It depends on your situation. When I had my appendectomy, it was 45minutes before somebody saw me and 8hrs before I had surgery mainly due to the fact that operating rooms are booked and emergency operations have to wait until there is an opening depending on the severity of the situation.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-10-08 12:14:45
Link | Citer | R

If you want to dispute the WHO, that's fine. Numerous people have challenged that report. Population is a huge factor the United States has over Europe.

Um...EU has a larger population than the US. Europe definately has a larger population.

If you mean individual countries than no, but maybe people should stop lumping EU and Europe together like they are one entity than.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-08 12:16:37
Link | Citer | R

Why do you think that the President is in charge of picking which websites stay online or go offline?

edit:
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
It doesn’t save money unless they’re turning off the servers, and they’re clearly not doing that becauwse the proper system is still running. The website might not get updates if the staff running it is furloughed, but once up and running it should more or less run on its own — much like the World War II memorial does when NPS officials are not on duty.

Do you work for IT for the federal government? Do you know how their servers and IT structure is set-up?

Lots of assumptions going on.

A) The organization still functions, it requires a internet substructure to facilitate the system that we both just agreed was never inoperable due to the shutdown. So clearly, those servers are running, but you're right lets give them the benefit of the doubt....

B) All these agencys are headed by a secretary who was hand picked by President Obama (as part of his cabinet), the head of the executive branch. Who do you think sets the agenda for all these federal departments?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-08 12:17:05
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
I didn't realize I needed a codespeak translator to call *** on someone's unsubstantiated claim on a video game forum...

You can suck her *** all you want. But any way you slice it her statement was erroneous.

RL card followed by an ad hominem? Ok.

Chanti's claim is substantiated by the WHO report.

I'm not seeing where this is ***. You can throw around anecdotes or challenge the methodology behind that report but it's not *** in that it's completely unsubstantiated like "Obamacare is actually part of a secret communist plot to implant RFID chips"
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 99 100 101