Shut 'em Down!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Shut 'em down!
Shut 'em down!
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 99 100 101
 Siren.Flavin
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-04 12:30:48
Link | Citer | R

They did an article on a guy who did that kinda like your grandfather... He would go in and negotiate prices on cars and get em for so much cheaper because he was willing to and had the time to annoy the ***out of them lol... that and they didn't want him around to distract other customers lol... but that strategy also demands that you have someone that gives a ***that you're taking a dump on their lawn and annoying them... lol...
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-04 12:32:49
Link | Citer | R

Boehner is simply trying to keep his job. Time to double down. After Obama trounced Romney he was willing to put Obamacare away because as far as he was concerned the election spoke for itself but now it's back to the status quo eh?

If so many people hated Obamacare, they'd have kicked a wounded president out of office for Romney. It didn't happen.
By Fumiku 2013-10-04 12:35:10
Link | Citer | R

I know my views show that I am for tea party, but I really am not. I am not one of the anti-obama people.

I am 100% against this bill though. Not because I think it's communist but because I think it didn't do enough to revamp our health care.

Maybe this is a first step, and maybe we have to take a first step back to move forward, but I don't like being forced to give my money to a private companies...
 Bahamut.Kara
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-10-04 12:36:48
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Bahamut.Kara said: »
EDIT: Ah I see, this is where you retreat to your corner and say that inconvenient facts aren't really facts.

'Only the two polls I like are valid'

Polls with an actual methodology are the only valid polls. Polls from fox, cnn, msnbc, etc are crap and should never be viewed as anything but partisian.

If you've taken a statistics course you should know this.

Right so the vetting RCP does for it's polls is far inferior to yours?

How are these my polls? They come from your link. From what I can see they did no vetting, merely reposting the polls and give an average of all of them.

Have you looked at the questions fox news asked?
Quote:
How concerned are you that Congress will pass health care reform legislation that will be bad for you and your family?

How concerned are you that Congress will fail to pass health care reform legislation and leave many Americans uninsured?

Those are biased, leading questions. If I ever made a questionnaire like that I would be laughed out of work.

edit: I should say that there were no opposite questions listed. Are you happy about the health care law? (<-- not a good question example either but would be the opposite here)
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-04 12:39:40
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Flavin said: »
The house can pass a bill that the senate will pass Nausi that would put every program back up... Every one... So why do you only blame the senate dems when the house pubs have a sure shot way to get the program back up and running?

...because they have funding bills sitting on their desks that they've voted against and/or failed to pass.

There you go, "Democrats get what they want = fair". The democrats refuse to negotiate, the house is flexible, the senate/Obama is not. In Flavin's world, the senate has zero accountability for that.

Seriously... The senate has compromised away nearly 200 Billion from their budget to come in so much under Paul Ryan's original figure (which even many republican's thought was ridiculous) that he lowered his budget even farther. Senate democrats then lowered their latest budget proposal another 70 billion and are within 20 billion of Paul Ryan's 967 Billion dollar revised federal budget proposal. They have given up nearly 20% of the already scant budget they originally proposed. That's hardly "democrats get what they want = fair". The only thing they haven't conceded is ACA funding as part of the budget negotiations. They have said publicly about a dozen times that they're willing to revise/negotiate changes to ACA after the government is opened and the debt ceiling is dealt with.

That sounds pretty reasonable to me, and apparently about 80% of americans.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-04 12:41:34
Link | Citer | R

Fumiku said: »
I know my views show that I am for tea party, but I really am not. I am not one of the anti-obama people.

I am 100% against this bill though. Not because I think it's communist but because I think it didn't do enough to revamp our health care.

Maybe this is a first step, and maybe we have to take a first step back to move forward, but I don't like being forced to give my money to a private companies...
I'm 100% against this bill because it has stupid tax amendments in it.

Also I don't think it will do what it is supposed to do: Affordable Care Act that doesn't do a thing to make it affordable....

But I'm labeled a tea-party Republican by certain people on this forum....
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-04 12:43:16
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Flavin said: »
The house can pass a bill that the senate will pass Nausi that would put every program back up... Every one... So why do you only blame the senate dems when the house pubs have a sure shot way to get the program back up and running?
...because they have funding bills sitting on their desks that they've voted against and/or failed to pass. There you go, "Democrats get what they want = fair". The democrats refuse to negotiate, the house is flexible, the senate/Obama is not. In Flavin's world, the senate has zero accountability for that.
Are you this dense? So does Boehner!!! Don't you get this? It has been there sitting on his desk before any of these individual bills sent to the senate to try to save some face ever got there...

The house is not flexible at all... how can you not see this? They refuse to pass something that has enough support to get through both houses and instead make token efforts to try to repair the political damage that they've done to themselves... I mean holy ***... The compromise is already there anyways... It was all done before and they worked the numbers and went down to a lower number that the pubs asked for then they pulled this ***...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-04 12:43:20
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »
Seriously... The senate has compromised away nearly 200 Billion from their budget to come in so much under Paul Ryan's original figure (which even many republican's thought was ridiculous) that he lowered his budget even farther. Senate democrats then lowered their latest budget proposal another 70 billion and are within 20 billion of Paul Ryan's 967 Billion dollar revised federal budget proposal. They have given up nearly 20% of the already scant budget they originally proposed.
I'm curious, where do you get this information from?
By Fumiku 2013-10-04 12:43:37
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Thats a lot of ranting and raving just to be wrong. 72% of Americans don't want the gov't to shutdown just to defund Obamacare. Thats a huge majority, no poll shows that high of a number opposing Obamacare, the numbers range from 47% to 60%. And yet thats where we are, because the Tea Party doesn't care. They have rigged the districts so their seats are incredibly safe so they just pretend like they run the country. They can go on claiming they can win this because it is a game to them. The Speaker claims otherwise, but has yet to prove he believes it.

I doubt 50% of that 72 could tell you what's included in a shut down.... Including myself. I had no clue until this happened that there are people that open doors and push elevator buttons.....

People will say "OMG PEOPLES JOBS!" Most don't know that the majority will be paid back in back pay when it reopens..... So they get a two week vacation with pay? Really hard to feel sorry for them. I'd be willing to bet that most of the federal employees are paid pretty well too. Maybe I'm insensitive.
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-04 12:46:43
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Thats a lot of ranting and raving just to be wrong. 72% of Americans don't want the gov't to shutdown just to defund Obamacare. Thats a huge majority, no poll shows that high of a number opposing Obamacare, the numbers range from 47% to 60%. And yet thats where we are, because the Tea Party doesn't care. They have rigged the districts so their seats are incredibly safe so they just pretend like they run the country. They can go on claiming they can win this because it is a game to them. The Speaker claims otherwise, but has yet to prove he believes it.
I doubt 50% of that 72 could tell you what's included in a shut down.... Including myself. I had no clue until this happened that there are people that open doors and push elevator buttons..... People will say "OMG PEOPLES JOBS!" Most don't know that the majority will be paid back in back pay when it reopens..... So they get a two week vacation with pay? Really hard to feel sorry for them. I'd be willing to bet that most of the federal employees are paid pretty well too. Maybe I'm insensitive.
Many of them are still working with no pay... I'm honestly not too sure about the back pay going to people they've sent home either... Will the people that are not working right now get paid for however long this lasts or will it only be for those that are still working?

As for the pay of federal employees it varies wildly...
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-04 12:48:05
Link | Citer | R

@back pay & 'vacation'

Are you dense? People have *** bills to pay and they need the money now, now when Congress decides to get their ***together.

Hey, the phone bill came in. Look honey, we have no money. It's ok, we'll just tell the phone company the checks in the mail.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-04 12:54:00
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
@back pay & 'vacation'

Are you dense? People have *** bills to pay and they need the money now, now when Congress decides to get their ***together.

Hey, the phone bill came in. Look honey, we have no money. It's ok, we'll just tell the phone company the checks in the mail.

YES! Finally someone gets it! I want them to loose their phones and have their electricity shut off and the cancer babies organs harvested for profit!!!
[+]
By Fumiku 2013-10-04 12:55:45
Link | Citer | R

Many of them are still working with no pay... I'm honestly not too sure about the back pay going to people they've sent home either... Will the people that are not working right now get paid for however long this lasts or will it only be for those that are still working?

As for the pay of federal employees it varies wildly...[/quote]

This is my point, no one really knows what all entails in a government employee being released.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/federal_government/house-and-senate-bills-would-pay-federal-workers-for-shutdown-furloughs/2013/10/03/d2fc8096-2c58-11e3-97a3-ff2758228523_story.html

"House and Senate lawmakers this week proposed legislation to retroactively pay the roughly 800,000 federal workers who are furloughed because of the partial government shutdown that started Tuesday."

I will retract my previous statement and say that apparently it is up to the will of congress to back pay, however previous resolutions included back bay to the furloughed employees.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-04 12:58:19
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Seriously... The senate has compromised away nearly 200 Billion from their budget to come in so much under Paul Ryan's original figure (which even many republican's thought was ridiculous) that he lowered his budget even farther. Senate democrats then lowered their latest budget proposal another 70 billion and are within 20 billion of Paul Ryan's 967 Billion dollar revised federal budget proposal. They have given up nearly 20% of the already scant budget they originally proposed.

The breakdowns of their proposed budgets are available publicly, you're welcome to do some research until I am home and can post the graphs.
By Fumiku 2013-10-04 13:00:00
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
@back pay & 'vacation'

Like it or not Government is business. From time to time people get laid off for what ever reason it may be, but from what I am reading, this group of workers will at least be back paid and not be taking a 30% pay cut unlike other laid off workers.

I know people have bills to pay, but that is part of having savings accounts and 6 months of your bills saved in case you run into a layoff or job loss.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-04 13:02:43
Link | Citer | R

essential employees are expected to report for work but will not be able to collect a paycheck until the first regular pay period after the government resumes business. They are entitled to back wages but cannot collect them until then. Furloughed employees jobs are protected but are not eligible for compensation while they are furloughed. I can't find anything about whether they are allowed to take this period with vacation pay or collect unemployment, but they would not be able to collect any of those wages until the government reopens anyway.[/quote]

I know people have bills to pay, but that is part of having savings accounts and 6 months of your bills saved in case you run into a layoff or job loss.

That level of savings and planning is not the norm and hasn't been for a long time, actually. It's definitely not unreasonable to have some measure of personal security for this type of situation, but most people simply don't have the means to do that at this point in time.
By Fumiku 2013-10-04 13:03:20
Link | Citer | R

The breakdowns of their proposed budgets are available publicly, you're welcome to do some research until I am home and can post the graphs.

That's not entirely true. It was a temporary compromise for 2014. I am sure this was their way to give some to push in the ACA.

So now we are back to push pull.

http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/budget/news/2013/09/30/76026/the-senate-continuing-resolution-is-already-a-compromise/
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-04 13:08:59
Link | Citer | R

That's not entirely true. It was a temporary compromise for 2014. I am sure this was their way to give some to push in the ACA.

http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/budget/news/2013/09/30/76026/the-senate-continuing-resolution-is-already-a-compromise/

I didn't separate budgets and CR's for the sake of making my point legible.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-10-04 13:12:11
Link | Citer | R

I doubt 50% of that 72 could tell you what's included in a shut down.... Including myself. I had no clue until this happened that there are people that open doors and push elevator buttons.....

People will say "OMG PEOPLES JOBS!" Most don't know that the majority will be paid back in back pay when it reopens..... So they get a two week vacation with pay? Really hard to feel sorry for them. I'd be willing to bet that most of the federal employees are paid pretty well too. Maybe I'm insensitive.

So? Understanding the full ramifications of a shutdown isn't really a big deal, especially given how rare it is. The media tries to highlight what they feel are the important services being affected, and thats enough for most people to understand that a shutdown is bad. Not having an operating government is not a good thing according to in this case, 72% of the country. That number should be higher but the Tea party anarchists are running with it. Trying to devalue percentages in polls generally doesn't work, most people just attack the poll, like what nausi is doing.
And they aren't getting a vacation with pay, they are either working with no pay, or they are furloughed, not working and not being paid. But others have pointed that out.

And since you seem to be having a hard time with editing quotes, you need to make sure you have [ quote] at the start of what you want to quote and [ /quote] at the end.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-10-04 13:12:46
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Nik, I demand that you delete this thread this instant! You won't? Well, fine. Just give me a thousand dollars then. Dafuq, still no?! Well, now you're the one being unreasonable here! I can't make this work if you're not going to compromise. I guess we're just in a deadlock.

(Both sides are bad. Vote lizard people.)

exactly. just send me your address and the name you want the check made out to.

(I think you will have a hard time cashing a check written to Pleebo)
I ALSO HAVE A BUS FULL OF NAUSI'S CANCER KIDS AND I'LL DRIVE THIS *** OFF A CLIF-- oh... well then...

In lieu of a check, you can make a donation to the Erotic Cheese Art Foundation. They'll know the name.
[+]
By Fumiku 2013-10-04 13:13:21
Link | Citer | R

I didn't separate budgets and CR's for the sake of making my point legible.

Ehhh It may have been the intention, but it looks like you were tossing it out to show the Senate. had already compromised and the House where the ones that didn't want to compromise.
By Fumiku 2013-10-04 13:14:31
Link | Citer | R

http://news.msn.com/us/gop-demands-negotiation-as-shutdown-drags-on

I CANT FIND MY MOVIE QUOTE TO GO WITH THIS! So I will just leave this.

"YOU THINK THIS IS A GAME MOTHER*%($%!"
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-10-04 13:16:35
Link | Citer | R

Yeah we know, they are running in circles now, and nothing is going to happen until they open the gov't.
By Zerowone 2013-10-04 13:21:21
Link | Citer | R

"If we screw up, everybody gets screwed up," ~Boehner Obama

Seems pretty simple Boehner Obama. Don't screw up, do your jobs blahblabbityblahblah..

post edit*
By Zerowone 2013-10-04 13:25:33
Link | Citer | R

"We are not picking winners and losers," Rep. Marsha Blackburn, R-Tenn., said Friday on MSNBC. "I think what we are doing is exercising stewardship over the taxpayers' dollars. ...I'm ready to go to work today and get it done."

Well then Marsha Blackburn get off the cameras, take your *** to work today and get it done.

(these quotes are coming from Fumiko's linked article..yes I'm bored but these are the type of responses people should have to the pandering by politicians in times like this).
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-04 13:30:18
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
I ALSO HAVE A BUS FULL OF NAUSI'S CANCER KIDS AND I'LL DRIVE THIS *** OFF A CLIF-- oh... well then...

In lieu of a check, you can make a donation to the Erotic Cheese Art Foundation. They'll know the name.

well ok, I wanted the harvest their organs.... oh well... just put a brick on the accelerator pedal. I wouldn't want to see you get hurt <3
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-10-04 13:35:52
Link | Citer | R

Awww <3

Just for that I'll give you a heads up that the Erotic Cheese Art Foundation is really a front for smuggling enriched uranium into Iran. ^_^
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-04 13:41:21
Link | Citer | R

EDIT: Ah I see, this is where you retreat to your corner and say that inconvenient facts aren't really facts.

'Only the two polls I like are valid'

Polls with an actual methodology are the only valid polls. Polls from fox, cnn, msnbc, etc are crap and should never be viewed as anything but partisian.

If you've taken a statistics course you should know this.

Right so the vetting RCP does for it's polls is far inferior to yours?

How are these my polls? They come from your link. From what I can see they did no vetting, merely reposting the polls and give an average of all of them.

Have you looked at the questions fox news asked?
Quote:
How concerned are you that Congress will pass health care reform legislation that will be bad for you and your family?

How concerned are you that Congress will fail to pass health care reform legislation and leave many Americans uninsured?

Those are biased, leading questions. If I ever made a questionnaire like that I would be laughed out of work.

edit: I should say that there were no opposite questions listed. Are you happy about the health care law? (<-- not a good question example either but would be the opposite here)

Right, For the past 4 years the entire list of polling against this bill is entirely invalid.

Gotcha! Can you speak a little louder? I can't hear you with your head THAT far in the sand.

Say it with me, "the people don't want obamacare".
By Fumiku 2013-10-04 13:43:14
Link | Citer | R

It's not that they are getting a vacation with pay I know that, but more than likely they will go a back pay them they have have in the past, so it's not like they will lose out on a ton of money. Granted some might.

It does take a toll on the economy in the long run.

I agree to argue polls is pointless. They can obscured to any direction. My point is people and polls don't go well with each because I think most people don't have a clue about what they are talking about. They don't take time to look up what needs to be known.

While we pretty much have two points of view in this room, we at least take time to post articles, debate each other, and while we may end with the stance we started with, I think we educate each other.

Prime example is Kera, I didn't know about the two main polls that are more trust worthy than any other poll. I couldn't tell you the names, but I have the ability to now look into something I know nothing about.

In regard to quoting, yeah I am just trying to show some of what the person said that I am quoting not the whole quote.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 99 100 101