Shut 'em Down!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Shut 'em down!
Shut 'em down!
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 99 100 101
 Siren.Flavin
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-04 11:03:03
Link | Citer | R

lol... like a broken record...

We've explained all of this to you before...

so you're saying that if a bill is in place that could pass that would admit all these new kids that congress should pass it post haste? Well by that logic wouldn't the republicans be in a position to do that? They have a bill ready to go that beohner could put up and they have the numbers to pass it but they refuse to because they won't be getting their way exactly... so are they not more at fault because they've been ignoring a bill from the beginning that would pass that in fact would have kept the government from shutting down and never put those kids in this position?
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-10-04 11:03:19
Link | Citer | R

Lol just woke up, has Boehner opened the gov't yet? Or is the Tea Party still firing blanks?
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-04 11:05:25
Link | Citer | R

You pick things that really aren't even in any danger of hurting anyone or being put in place that will cause anyone real harm because you think that they pluck on heartstrings...
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-10-04 11:20:12
Link | Citer | R

Oh wow Nausi lookin desperate as usual. Those kids with cancer could have been receiving their funding on Tuesday, all Boehner has to do is pass the clean budget, he has the votes, whats taking so long?
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-04 11:41:02
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »
Because there isn't an equivalent on the other side, unless you expect the Republicans to negotiate Oil subsidies or Pharma. You can't negotiate if you don't have anything to give up. That's not a negotiation, it's ransom.

they're grown ups, they can negotiate anything they want. you can't say poor negotiating skills=ransom (without being called a hypocrite be me at least.)

have you forgotten the bush era budget battles or do you have selective amnesia?

Quit pretending like this is the first time there was a debate in congress. just enjoy it and quit rattling off talking points it's boring.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-10-04 11:47:21
Link | Citer | R

I dont remember the gov't being shut down by a faction of a party during the Bush Era, no.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-04 11:50:58
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
all Boehner has to do is pass the clean budget

Oh good, broken record boy is back... How many times are you make this same boring sentiment before you realize none of us are boehner...

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bahamut.Kara
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-10-04 11:57:48
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Polls consistently show the public doesn't like the law always by a clear majority/plurality and in some cases over 60%.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/obama_and_democrats_health_care_plan-1130.html

Yeah, no they don't. Even if you counted all of those polls (and you should not because most have nomstandard methodology) it is not 60% nor a clear majority. The latest fox news poll is 52%.

There are only two polls that had an actual methodology: Rasmussen and Quinnipiac.

Quinnipiac on Obamacare:
Support health care law: 45%
Disapprove of health care law: 47%
Unsure: 8%

Rasmussen on Obamacare:
Support Individual mandate: 36%
Disapprove of individual mandate: 50% (this decreased by 6% since July)
Unsure: 14%
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-10-04 12:00:18
Link | Citer | R

Nik, I demand that you delete this thread this instant! You won't? Well, fine. Just give me a thousand dollars then. Dafuq, still no?! Well, now you're the one being unreasonable here! I can't make this work if you're not going to compromise. I guess we're just in a deadlock.

(Both sides are bad. Vote lizard people.)
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-04 12:00:55
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Because there isn't an equivalent on the other side, unless you expect the Republicans to negotiate Oil subsidies or Pharma. You can't negotiate if you don't have anything to give up. That's not a negotiation, it's ransom.

they're grown ups, they can negotiate anything they want. you can't say poor negotiating skills=ransom (without being called a hypocrite be me at least.)

have you forgotten the bush era budget battles or do you have selective amnesia?

Quit pretending like this is the first time there was a debate in congress. just enjoy it and quit rattling off talking points it's boring.

I think you're mistaking my disgust for the tea party as a partisan viewpoint. I haven't forgotten any of either party's gaffs and I am not picking on either party specifically. The tea party are the current offenders, so that's who I'm ridiculing.

Grownups don't purposely avoid compromise by making irrational demands and ignoring available solutions. They don't pass back offers repeatedly that they have been told will never be considered.

would you consider it an adult negotiation if I walked into a car dealership and said, "give me a new lexus for 5 bucks or I'm setting the building on fire"?
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2013-10-04 12:03:40
Link | Citer | R

Right but the house offered a separate funding resolution that would fund the program right? It wasn't passed in the senate right? So the senate (democrats) halted their funding right?

No, the republicans halted their funding.

Trying to pass bills to fund specific items is a *** horrible idea, because it actually encourages this kind of dysfunction in the first place.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-04 12:05:07
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Flavin said: »
lol... like a broken record...

We've explained all of this to you before...

so you're saying that if a bill is in place that could pass that would admit all these new kids that congress should pass it post haste? Well by that logic wouldn't the republicans be in a position to do that? They have a bill ready to go that beohner could put up and they have the numbers to pass it but they refuse to because they won't be getting their way exactly... so are they not more at fault because they've been ignoring a bill from the beginning that would pass that in fact would have kept the government from shutting down and never put those kids in this position?

Are you being purposefully obtuse or what? There is no reason to pass piecemeal funding for a department that is the least affected simply to waste time and try to bolster public support for their obstruction.

You sound line Sean Hannity, stuck on your talking points. Do you think if you put your fingers in your ears and yell loud enough that it changes the nature of reality?

Those 200 kids would probably have been turned away regardless of funding.

There are numerous bills waiting for the senate to pass, all of which fund that particular program. The public doesn't want obamacare, polling hass always shown that. You guys live in a world where "democrats get everything they want = fair". That's where the distortion/misrepresentation lies, just admit it.

Said a senior administration official: "We are winning...It doesn't really matter to us" how long the shutdown lasts "because what matters is the end result."

The president wants the shutdown to go on for as long as possible, he places political gains over any and all inconvenience to the american public. Yet still you peddle that he deserves every bit of what he wants, and refuse to acknowledge his culpability in any of this mess.

Why?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-04 12:05:55
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Right but the house offered a separate funding resolution that would fund the program right? It wasn't passed in the senate right? So the senate (democrats) halted their funding right?

No, the republicans halted their funding.

Trying to pass bills to fund specific items is a *** horrible idea, because it actually encourages this kind of dysfunction in the first place.

'Republicans halted their funding because they passed a bill funding it!'
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-04 12:07:20
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kara said: »
Polls consistently show the public doesn't like the law always by a clear majority/plurality and in some cases over 60%.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/obama_and_democrats_health_care_plan-1130.html

Yeah, no they don't. Even if you counted all of those polls (and you should not because most have nomstandard methodology) it is not 60% nor a clear majority. The latest fox news poll is 52%.

There are only two polls that had an actual methodology: Rasmussen and Quinnipiac.

Quinnipiac on Obamacare:

Rasmussen on Obamacare:

Did you miss the graph atop the page? you know the one where for/against has continuously been against SINCE THE BILLS PASSAGE?

Now who's sticking their fingers in their ears?

EDIT: Ah I see, this is where you retreat to your corner and say that inconvenient facts aren't really facts.

'Only the two polls I like are valid'
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-04 12:10:39
Link | Citer | R

We have representative democracy for a reason. The public doesn't want a caricature of the ACA that's been presented to them, and overwhelmingly support virtually everything contained in the actual law.

It's been a great PR campaign, to be sure, but pretending polls based on the word OBAMACARE are equally weighted against polls based on the actual law are equally credible, then 100% of Americans are against terrorism so 100% of Americans support suspending the Bill of Rights.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-04 12:15:09
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Nik, I demand that you delete this thread this instant! You won't? Well, fine. Just give me a thousand dollars then. Dafuq, still no?! Well, now you're the one being unreasonable here! I can't make this work if you're not going to compromise. I guess we're just in a deadlock.

(Both sides are bad. Vote lizard people.)

exactly. just send me your address and the name you want the check made out to.

(I think you will have a hard time cashing a check written to Pleebo)

I think you're mistaking my disgust for the tea party as a partisan viewpoint. I haven't forgotten any of either party's gaffs and I am not picking on either party specifically. The tea party are the current offenders, so that's who I'm ridiculing.

Grownups don't purposely avoid compromise by making irrational demands and ignoring available solutions. They don't pass back offers repeatedly that they have been told will never be considered.

would you consider it an adult negotiation if I walked into a car dealership and said, "give me a new lexus for 5 bucks or I'm setting the building on fire"?

#1 Pleebo's was better

#2 My grandfather did that all the time. He used to walk into a car dealership and not leave until closing demanding a new car for less than they whatever the dealer had paid for it. After a couple weeks of him going there every stinking day for the entire time they were open they would ask him why they thought he could get a car for less than what they paid for it.

and he would say, I'm retired, I have nothing better to do, So I am going to sit here and drink all your coffee until you give in.

life isn't fair and whoever said it was going to be lied.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-04 12:16:48
Link | Citer | R

The house can pass a bill that the senate will pass Nausi that would put every program back up... Every one... So why do you only blame the senate dems when the house pubs have a sure shot way to get the program back up and running?
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-10-04 12:17:41
Link | Citer | R

Thats a lot of ranting and raving just to be wrong. 72% of Americans don't want the gov't to shutdown just to defund Obamacare. Thats a huge majority, no poll shows that high of a number opposing Obamacare, the numbers range from 47% to 60%. And yet thats where we are, because the Tea Party doesn't care. They have rigged the districts so their seats are incredibly safe so they just pretend like they run the country. They can go on claiming they can win this because it is a game to them. The Speaker claims otherwise, but has yet to prove he believes it.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-04 12:19:44
Link | Citer | R

Most Americans are ignorant to the details of the ACA, cmon. There has been so much partisan sniping with regards to this bill people have retreated to supporting whatever their friends and cohorts have chosen to fall with regards to the bill.

You're a card carrying Dem? LOVE THIS BILL.
Card carrying Republican? THE START OF COMMUNISM.

In the midst of all this fighting the reason this bill has been tossed around since the days of the Heritage Foundation has been lost: To get people *** healthcare and drive down costs. All of the people who loathe this bill are so fixated on destroying Obama that they scarcely have time to you know... make legit suggestions to polish a law that's passed. It's easy to point out problems with anything but it's another thing entirely to present solutions.

It's pathetic. Millions of people fall through the cracks because of our shitty healthcare system and when you boil off all the political posturing it's just a game of red v. blue.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-10-04 12:23:54
Link | Citer | R

Quinnipiac on Obamacare:

Rasmussen on Obamacare:

Did you miss the graph atop the page? you know the one where for/against has continuously been against SINCE THE BILLS PASSAGE?

Now who's sticking their fingers in their ears?

Yeah, I'm glad you can read graphs and went through every poll reading their questions fom 2010. The public has for the most part been unsure which is why the polling numbers keep jumping around or hoovering around a split.

From what I've read (reading the polls with a methodology) there has been a large amount of variability. 56% disapprove one day (Ramussen 9/16-9/17) and 46% disapprove three days earlier (Rasmussen 09/12-09-13).

That's not a consensus. There is too much variability for either side to claim what you are claiming.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-04 12:23:59
Link | Citer | R

#1 Pleebo's was better

#2 My grandfather did that all the time. He used to walk into a car dealership and not leave until closing demanding a new car for less than they whatever the dealer had paid for it. After a couple weeks of him going there every stinking day for the entire time they were open they would ask him why they thought he could get a car for less than what they paid for it.

and he would say, I'm retired, I have nothing better to do, So I am going to sit here and drink all your coffee until you give in.

life isn't fair and whoever said it was going to be lied.

I said it was a childish obstruction, I will never pitch a fit about fairness.

What they are doing is the equivalent of setting the entire city on fire. They aren't negotiating something away from the democrats by hurting the democrats, they are ransoming the economic health of the entire country for a program that half of the country wants even based on the libelous characterizations they have put out themselves. And an overwhelming majority support nearly every single provision of the law when it's presented to them without calling it OBAMACARE.

Those two things aren't even in the same ballpark. I'm all for political discourse and I'm hardly a fan of ACA, but there is an actual political process for this kind of thing.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-04 12:24:35
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Thats a lot of ranting and raving just to be wrong. 72% of Americans don't want the gov't to shutdown just to defund Obamacare. Thats a huge majority, no poll shows that high of a number opposing Obamacare, the numbers range from 47% to 60%. And yet thats where we are, because the Tea Party doesn't care. They have rigged the districts so their seats are incredibly safe so they just pretend like they run the country. They can go on claiming they can win this because it is a game to them. The Speaker claims otherwise, but has yet to prove he believes it.

If you really believe that then why do you keep posting?

Let them all get hung by their heels from flagpoles then.
[+]
By Fumiku 2013-10-04 12:27:16
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, but what you are not showing in your analogy is the fact that you know your not going to get the lexus for 5 dollars, but you definitely were letting the dealer know you are shooting for bottom dollar.

Republicans knew that they weren't going to get the ACA repelled. However it is the first logical choice to start with. I do think they expected to get a one year delay on the individual mandate.

It's what I was hoping for too.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-10-04 12:27:27
Link | Citer | R

EDIT: Ah I see, this is where you retreat to your corner and say that inconvenient facts aren't really facts.

Polls with an actual methodology are the only valid polls. Polls from fox, cnn, msnbc, etc are crap and should never be viewed as anything but partisian.

If you've taken a statistics course you should know this.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-04 12:27:29
Link | Citer | R

[What they are doing is the equivalent of setting the entire city on fire.

that's the best part!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-04 12:28:29
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Flavin said: »
The house can pass a bill that the senate will pass Nausi that would put every program back up... Every one... So why do you only blame the senate dems when the house pubs have a sure shot way to get the program back up and running?

...because they have funding bills sitting on their desks that they've voted against and/or failed to pass.

There you go, "Democrats get what they want = fair". The democrats refuse to negotiate, the house is flexible, the senate/Obama is not. In Flavin's world, the senate has zero accountability for that.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-04 12:29:07
Link | Citer | R

[What they are doing is the equivalent of setting the entire city on fire.

that's the best part!

I understand the humor, but there is nothing funny about this situation.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-04 12:29:28
Link | Citer | R

Polls with an actual methodology are the only valid polls. Polls from fox, cnn, msnbc, etc are crap and should never be viewed as anything but partisian.

Right so the vetting RCP does for it's polls is far inferior to yours?
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-04 12:30:33
Link | Citer | R

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Statistics!

grab a rock and smash something! throw a bottle! march on the capital!

debating the validity of polling data is another thread!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 99 100 101