users online
Korin Obi
 Leviathan.Multiabuse
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Multiabuse 2013-09-15 12:35:01
Link | Citer | R

Hi all,

Running into a wall trying to automate using Korin Obi on Lightsday/in Light Weather. . . Nothing I've tried (copy/pasted from other XMLs) has worked.

If someone could write out what I need to add to my current spellcast XML to equip Korin Obi under light conditions, I would be very, very appreciative. I am mostly concerned with getting it to work with cure/curaga spells.

Thanks so much.
By Ophannus 2013-09-15 12:40:00
Link | Citer | R

You have to use the obi rule in their include.xml not just the their spellcast xml. Try Motenten's include and copy the obi rule from his include into yours and then copy his obi rule from his sch.xml to yours.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-15 12:42:31
Link | Citer | R

You CAN do it without an include, but it's much cleaner to do it that way. You should consider either using the complete XML setup that Mote has up, or find a reasonably complete one elsewhere. Adding cut and pasted bits of code from different XML's can get you into a mess if you don't understand the code well enough to write your own.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-09-15 14:09:47
Link | Citer | R

I personally hate includes. This is what I've used for a long time now. Has the cape as well so be sure to remove it if you don't use it.
Code
				<!-- Obi and Cape Rules -->
				<if Advanced='("%SpellElement" = "%WeatherElement" OR "%SpellElement" = "%DayElement") AND "$%SpellElementObi" = "1"'>
					<action type="command">input /echo Obi Rule active</action>
					<if     Element="Dark"><action type="equip" when="midcast"><waist lock="yes">Anrin Obi</waist></action></if>
					<elseif Element="Light"><action type="equip" when="midcast"><waist lock="yes">Korin Obi</waist></action></elseif>
					<elseif Element="Thunder"><action type="equip" when="midcast"><waist lock="yes">Rairin Obi</waist></action></elseif>
					<elseif Element="Ice"><action type="equip" when="midcast"><waist lock="yes">Hyorin Obi</waist></action></elseif>
					<elseif Element="Fire"><action type="equip" when="midcast"><waist lock="yes">Karin Obi</waist></action></elseif>
					<elseif Element="Wind"><action type="equip" when="midcast"><waist lock="yes">Furin Obi</waist></action></elseif>
					<elseif Element="Water"><action type="equip" when="midcast"><waist lock="yes">Suirin Obi</waist></action></elseif>
					<elseif Element="Earth"><action type="equip" when="midcast"><waist lock="yes">Dorin Obi</waist></action></elseif>
					<!-- Twilight Cape -->
					<action type="equip" when="midcast"><back lock="yes">Twilight Cape</back></action>
				</if>
[+]
 Leviathan.Multiabuse
By Leviathan.Multiabuse 2013-09-16 10:46:06
Link | Citer | R

Thank you for the replies.

I used to have a decent grasp on spellcast xmls. I can read them well enough, anyway. Includes are a new thing I haven't really had time to study.
Thanks Sekundes, that is what I was looking for. Hopefully this fixes my lightsday/light weather issues.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-09-16 11:45:05
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Multiabuse said: »
Thank you for the replies.

I used to have a decent grasp on spellcast xmls. I can read them well enough, anyway. Includes are a new thing I haven't really had time to study.
Thanks Sekundes, that is what I was looking for. Hopefully this fixes my lightsday/light weather issues.

An include is a line that points to another xml and "includes" anything inside of it. It's no different than putting that stuff directly in your XML other than it has some use for keeping things hidden from sight or making code that you use in multiple xmls in one spot so it is easier to update or change.

On the whole, I find them to be unnecessary as there is no benefit to process speed and just obfuscates problems when I run in to them and makes sharing XMLs more difficult because you need to make sure you get all the bits.

Do be aware that what Jassik said about copy and pasting bits of code is right. While this particular bit is rather self contained, it will also affect spells you may not want it to so be sure to limit it with appropriate rules or put it in the proper section. As an example, it will put on the obi for actinic burst if you don't have it contained right.

Good luck!
 Leviathan.Multiabuse
By Leviathan.Multiabuse 2013-09-30 06:29:03
Link | Citer | R

Hi all I am back with another small request.

When I played years ago, I had a rule in my spellcast that would automatically cast helpful magic on myself if I either A) Had no target or B) The target was hostile, or otherwsie unable to receive helpful magic (enemy, charm, npc, etc).

It is my sole complaint, and it would remove the my last majot frustration I encounter with spellcast. Thanks again for the help and the good advice.