users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Odin » [Odin] AV Groups
[Odin] AV Groups
 Odin.Godofgods
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Godofgods 2013-09-09 09:12:41
Link | Citer | R

There any groups left on this server that still do AV at all?
By Taffy 2013-09-09 13:56:57
Link | Citer | R

We tried to low man it on BST BST BST THF SMN and just wasn't enough damage to get past the auto regen. Would be interested in doing some runs if enough people got together for it.
 Asura.Aikchan
Serveur: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-09-09 15:59:17
Link | Citer | R

Taffy said: »
We tried to low man it on BST BST BST THF SMN and just wasn't enough damage to get past the auto regen. Would be interested in doing some runs if enough people got together for it.

just kill JoL correctly to stop AV regen -_-...., but sadly I tried already that, Pets were ok, but Masters(bst/smn) where taking hate just using JA's... sadly we were only 2, so probably more smn/bst can do it.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-09-09 16:01:37
Link | Citer | R

slow kill doesn't work unless you plan on locking bene, 1h rotation will get back to it too quickly once pairings start

use real jobs
 Asura.Aikchan
Serveur: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-09-09 18:48:52
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
slow kill doesn't work unless you plan on locking bene, 1h rotation will get back to it too quickly once pairings start

use real jobs
not hard to lock bene... just need a whm...
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-09-09 19:12:51
Link | Citer | R

Don't you gotta lock the other half of AV's regen with elemental nukes? Or was that myth busted?
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2013-09-09 19:44:50
Link | Citer | R

the nukes do reduce his regen, but with zergs people just said *** it and bursted through. i wanna say it was 50 or 100 nukes of the same element? the idea was to just have two rdm chainspell and knock the regen off at the start.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-09-09 19:48:56
Link | Citer | R

It was based off Day of the week assuming now that what I read all those years ago was true. People were talking about non-zerg strategies and not being able to break the regen so I figured I'd interject what little I still know about the game. I'm pretty sure it doesn't just reduce, it completely eliminates his regen assuming you went full Phaubo on Jailer of Love.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-09-10 00:19:45
Link | Citer | R

Use ilvl gear, resist everything. I was fully expecting a wipe when I tried these 6man with no PD, was easy as ***. I'd probably lock a good amount of meva gear in if you have swaps that will *** you over, meteor can end it for you if you get hit from a full one post bracelets. Locking regen is a huge waste of time with how easy these sets are to get. The extremely low chance you wipe from a horrible 2hr combo is outweighed by how fast you kill by not holding JOL/AV.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-09-10 00:27:38
Link | Citer | R

was not very hard to 8box without pd pre-delve either tbh, but with the m.eva gear available pet jobs are back to useless even lowman