General Gathering Questions

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXIV » Trade Skills » General Gathering Questions
General Gathering Questions
By Lillica 2013-08-29 12:57:24
Link | Citer | R

I have been bouncing around between the starter areas and unlocking all the starting jobs as well as trying out crafting and gathering. I unlocked Miner and used Return forgetting that my HP was in Limsa. I went outside and was finding nothing in the ways of mining spots. I switched to Botanist and only after venturing away from the main city a decent way and using the second tier of the tree finding ability was I able to locate level 10 harvesting points. I had to return to Ul'dah in order to begin mining operations.

This leads me to a couple of questions about the harvesting jobs.

1) Do you need to be a certain level before the level 10+ harvesting points become even target-able, or is it based on when you use the next tier of the harvest point search skill?

2) Are the areas outside the cities housing the guilds designed only for or primarily for that guild only? For example there are a butt load of trees outside Gridania, but I have yet to find one outside Ul'dah... is this just me sucking at finding trees or is it set up this way?
 Valefor.Ivaan
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2013-08-29 16:24:22
Link | Citer | R

I wanna say the level 5 10 15 gather spots are generally in their respective home city location.

Im focusing on mining and did not see any around limosia or gridania while i was there.

There are however some botanist areas in thanalan, but are specifically for lv 10 botanist + from what i heard in game. I hope this helps you out a little bit.
By Lillica 2013-08-29 18:00:12
Link | Citer | R

Awesome, thank you it does help. I just wanted to make sure that I was not being a huge derp and walking past them or something.