Glad->PLD In ARR (point Distribution)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXIV » Classes » Gladiator » Glad->PLD in ARR (point distribution)
Glad->PLD in ARR (point distribution)
 Valefor.Ivaan
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2013-08-22 01:30:02
Link | Citer | R

So knowing what all the stats do ingame now for the new version, anyone have any ideas on how to distribute points?

Knowing that vit only give hp and not def point values, does this mean we should bother focusing on str and dex since it reduces more inc dmg and block rate?

or can we confirm that the increments to other stats name sstr for the sake of dmg and vit surpass any benefits we could obtain from stocking points into dex and such?

OR is it too early to tell?

any thoughts?
[+]
By voiceless 2013-08-22 02:21:48
Link | Citer | R

I went STR/VIT was pretty tight for instances dont spam vitality since healing is percentage i see the advantage with STR and vit togeather with points STR helps block damage reduction also parry helped me alot. as for materia i dont know anything about it will send you a link with all the information you need for a paladin

everything you need is in this blog

http://ventusinvictus.blogspot.com thank you ventus for the information!
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-08-22 02:25:46
Link | Citer | R

I'm no GLD/PLD, but I know enough 'bout HP that it's always a strong thing. I'd prioritise vitality still personally. That being said, don't forsake the other stats.

When it comes to adding attribute points after levels, I'd do something like this:

For every 2 VIT, put one on STR or DEX

For example: VIT>VIT>STR>VIT>VIT>DEX and repeat. When it comes to gearing though, not so sure as I don't really know so well the abundance of the stats on GLD/PLD equips.
By voiceless 2013-08-22 02:33:55
Link | Citer | R

Id rather stick with STR/VIT only for paladin if i would need a little bit of Dex i wil ladd them through materia but who knows no 1 really knows the right build yet
By voiceless 2013-08-22 02:35:28
Link | Citer | R

i think determination plays a role in paladin tho
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-08-22 02:39:05
Link | Citer | R

DEX is block rate if I recall correctly, without it the STR points aren't as effective. Determination plays a roll on all jobs I believe, but can only be granted through gear, but you probably knew that. It usually comes with a healthy abundance of stats from what I've seen.
 Garuda.Cloull
Serveur: Garuda
user: Cloull
By Garuda.Cloull 2013-08-22 04:27:04
Link | Citer | R

DEX does play a role in block parry rate, but unless the algorithm for it has changed since Phase 3 (which IS entirely possible), the bonus from 30 Dexterity produced almost a negligible amount of Parry/Block Rate increase. The best way to increase those is the +Parry stat, or block rating on your shield.

In Phase 3, 30 Vitality only gave about 450 hp. And while that's nothing to sneeze at as a tank, GLA (and PLD) have no %hp curing abilities. MRD and WAR had Second Wind from Pugilist and other %hp abilities, but I hear those were changed to flat rate buffs now.

30 STR was often enough to increase the damage reduced during a block and parry by 1-2% on each. As well as the natural increase in damage associated with increasing STR. This is also the only way that I know of to increase the amount of damage reduced by parrying, where block strength can be affected by your shield as well.

Personally, I am doing all my points in STR as a Paladin (while leveling). It doesn't increase your MAX HP, but it does increase your EFFECTIVE HP by reducing how much you lose through parries and blocks. Plus, ya know... Extra damage is extra hate.

It's difficult to pinpoint a "best" build right now, because it will eventually come down to gear. If you have enough total STR from gear, where you only need 26 more STR to reach a new parry/block tier, then the last 4 points would be more effective in VIT. Once more solid numbers become public via testing, you can get a solid idea of where your stat points are best spent.

Edit: To clarify the block tiers a little. Hypothetically speaking, let's say you need 360 total STR to bump up to 30% damage blocked or parried, instead of 29%. Having 359 STR will not let you block "29.99%" damage. It will just be 29%. You need that one more STR to block that 1%. But if you're at 359, and you have 30 points to spend, and you know you can't reach a new tier of 31% blocked, then you should just put one point in STR and the rest in VIT.

Edit 2: About the determination stat that was mentioned. Determination increases your damage dealt, but it also increases the hp some cures you for. Determination isn't a bad stat to have on a tank, but I don't have numbers on it to say if it's something you'd wanna stack over more "tank" oriented stats like +Parry. I have a feeling it's not something to focus stacking unless there are no better options.

Btw, posted from my phone. Spelling errors are probably from auto-correct. Don't grammar Nazi this post.

tl;dr

As of Phase 3 (Phase 4 was too short for solid numbers). DEX is garbage. VIT is good, but STR seems to pull ahead in the long run.
[+]
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-08-22 15:06:55
Link | Citer | R

Basically, everything Cloull said. For all melee jobs (out currently) I'd just do full STR+. DEX+ for Archer/Bard, INT+ for THM and MND+ for CNJ.

Now, I know this is a GLD/PLD thread, so this is going to be slightly off topic, but... What do you all think on Arcanist points? Obviously, if you're going to be Summoner mostly, do INT+. If you're going to be Scholar mostly, do MND+. However, I like versatility. I was thinking of dumping points into both stats; keeping in mind that INT will be boosted via class Traits.
 Garuda.Cloull
By Garuda.Cloull 2013-08-22 15:36:30
Link | Citer | R

I'm not sure that it'll REALLY matter for Arcanist. I would dump into your highest base stat. I BELIEVE that Scholar and Summoner will get access to Cleric Stance from Conjurer, which will just swap your INT and MND stats. Then again, as I write this, I remember that it buffs attack damage and nerfs healing done, so... I dunno!

It seems that a lot of White Mage gear has Piety on it as well as Mind, where most Black Mage gear has just INT and MND. So maybe Scholar should split Mind/Piety? I would still just stack INT for Summoner though.

Efit: But also, if you do get Cleric Stance on Summoner like I think you do, maybe you wanna stack MND as your highest stat, and pop Cleric Stance to make it INT as highest as well as getting the 10% damage increase to spells. Otherwise stacking INT and popping Cleric will make MND higher, but still get the bonus damage.

Honestly not really sure. I've focused on reading up on Paladin info more than much else, so I haven't given it too much thought.
By Enuyasha 2013-08-22 15:49:16
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
Basically, everything Cloull said. For all melee jobs (out currently) I'd just do full STR+. DEX+ for Archer/Bard, INT+ for THM and MND+ for CNJ.

Now, I know this is a GLD/PLD thread, so this is going to be slightly off topic, but... What do you all think on Arcanist points? Obviously, if you're going to be Summoner mostly, do INT+. If you're going to be Scholar mostly, do MND+. However, I like versatility. I was thinking of dumping points into both stats; keeping in mind that INT will be boosted via class Traits.
Why DEX+ :< doesnt that only affect ranged damage now? I went full STR/VIT for melee DD's :< i plit a few jobs but i dont remember what those were
 Garuda.Cloull
By Garuda.Cloull 2013-08-22 16:02:13
Link | Citer | R

I think you missed a period at the end of his sentence. He said full STR+ for melees. DEX+ for Archer/Bard.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-08-22 16:15:48
Link | Citer | R

Enuyasha said: »

Why DEX+ :< doesnt that only affect ranged damage now? I went full STR/VIT for melee DD's :< i plit a few jobs but i dont remember what those were

I think DEX still effects your block/parry chance. So increasing that isn't horrible. but once we find out tiers im sure ppl will pinpoint the exact optimal build. (including armors and such)
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-08-22 16:43:05
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I have a . there between STR and DEX lol. I actually typed up what each stat under the Character menu does in this thread. Shameless-Self-Advertising-no-Jutsu!
[+]
By Enuyasha 2013-08-22 17:21:16
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I have a . there between STR and DEX lol. I actually typed up what each stat under the Character menu does in this thread. Shameless-Self-Advertising-no-Jutsu!
I misread! sorry :<
 Valefor.Ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2013-08-22 19:41:46
Link | Citer | R

is it even possible to know how many points you gain from 1-50?

bc at level 10 you get 3 points, yes, but you dont gain 1 point every level.

anyone know the new total amount of points per class for 1-50?
 Garuda.Cloull
By Garuda.Cloull 2013-08-22 19:52:45
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, that's where I got the info from for the Determination edit I made, which I didn't even know about before, so props Mizuharu! I was on my phone and couldn't tab to find the page and author easily, so I just wanted to throw credit where it's due, lol.

Also @ Ivaan:

You get 30 points total from 10-50.
 Valefor.Ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2013-08-22 20:06:53
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Cloull said: »

Yeah, that's where I got the info from for the Determination edit I made, which I didn't even know about before, so props Mizuharu! I was on my phone and couldn't tab to find the page and author easily, so I just wanted to throw credit where it's due, lol.

Also @ Ivaan:

ok cool, so lets hash this idea out some more.

ppl saying full str / vit, so thats an assumption of 15 and 15 for gladiator. BUT, since we know that vit is towards hp only, would it be viable to do 15 str, 10 vit, 5 dex? or would 5 dex make relatively no difference in block rate that it would be better stacked in str or vit.

Also, i am assuming that its safe to say that as in ff11, putting stats into vit def or offensive abilities always comes before mnd, so points in mind would be a waste.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-08-22 20:53:30
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Ivaan said: »

Also @ Ivaan:

ppl saying full str / vit, so thats an assumption of 15 and 15 for gladiator. BUT, since we know that vit is towards hp only, would it be viable to do 15 str, 10 vit, 5 dex? or would 5 dex make relatively no difference in block rate that it would be better stacked in str or vit.

Also, i am assuming that its safe to say that as in ff11, putting stats into vit def or offensive abilities always comes before mnd, so points in mind would be a waste.

Well, you have to keep in mind that stats will have a sort of "cap" on them. As in, once you have this amount of this stat when fighting these types of enemies, it'd be better to focus on another stat. But since no endgame dungeons were in the beta phases, we won't really have any sort of chance to test these values til Early Access. And even then people will need to do certain quests/main storyline missions to be able to enter these dungeons. So it'll take one month at the very least. For outside dungeon monsters, it'll take less than that.

For PLD yeah. The only Cure PLD gets is from CNJ, which will only be a 300 cure potency. And, because you won't be focusing on MND anyway, your cures will always do less than a CNJ/WHM/ACN/SCH.

And just so everyone can keep this in mind, Paladin will only be able to use Conjurer and Marauder abilites; and only 5 total. These abilities are as follows:

Conjurer abilities accessible by Paladin
Cure - Restores HP with a potency of 300. (Note: On Gamerescape, it states 300 so I'll put that down. However, I was certain they bumped the potency up to 400. Physick has 400 potency though, so I might be incorrect about this.)
Protect - Increases Defense. (Lv16 CNJ/WHM will have Proshell trait, increasing both physical and magical defenses. Meaning this is next to useless to set. Seeing as your first "party" is a dungeon at Lv15.)
Raise - Resurrects target from KO status. Can NOT be used in battle. (Only CNJ/WHM get the class trait which enables Raise during battle. Arcanist/Summoner/Scholar's Resurrect can be used at any time however.)
Stoneskin - Grants a barrier that nulls damage equal to 10% of the target's max HP. (CNJ gets a trait that enhances this effect to 18% (going by phase3 data) but this is still good to cast on yourself or another party member.)

Marauder skills accessible to Paladin
Foresight - Defense increased by 20%
Skull sunder - Attack dealing damage with a potency of 100. Add. Effect: Increase Enmity.
Fracture - Attack dealing damage with a potency of 100. Add. Effect: Damage Over Time duration 18secs potency 20
Blood Bath - Converts 25% of damage dealt by offensive abilities into HP. Duration 15secs (despite in-game description, this actually stays active for the full 15secs, rather than wearing off on the next ability used. It also converts 25% of auto-attack damage done to HP.)
Mercy Stroke - Delivers an attack with a potency of 200. Can only be executed when target's HP is below 20%. If delivered as the killing blow, up to 20% of your maximum HP will be restored.

Me, personally, I would set Foresight/Blood Bath/Cure/Stoneskin and Fracture. Fracture mostly because GLD/PLD does not have a "bleed" effect attack. Otherwise, I'd set Mercy Stroke. Raise is kind of pointless to have set since you cannot use it mid battle... On PLD anyway. GLd you'd have enough room to have it set.
 Garuda.Cloull
By Garuda.Cloull 2013-08-22 21:16:48
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Ivaan said: »

Also @ Ivaan:

Again, I'm basing all my info from Phase 3. So take all this with a grain of salt.

30 DEX barely makes a noticeable increase in Parry/Block rate at 50. I wouldn't even bother putting any points in it at all, like... ever. UNLESS you're just a couple points away from reaching a new tier in parry/block rate. Then throwing a few more in there isn't a bad idea.

Splitting STR and VIT while leveling doesn't hurt, it's not the route I'm going to take, but it doesn't mean it's wrong. There is no "top" build yet to determine where they're best spent, so at the moment, they're basically being used like the developers want you to: Anywhere you feel like you need a boost.

If you feel your Max HP is too low, then feel free to throw some VIT in there. If you're fine, and want more block rate, throw some STR in there. Mix and match how you feel with the understanding you'll probably just "respec" it later depending on your gear set when you get to endgame. You can do a "Full STR" build and put all 30 points into STR, or "Full VIT" and put all 30 into VIT.

DEX though, doesn't really do you anything significant. It's best as an Archer/Bard only stat as I see it right now.

Your best bet right now is to put them where you want, and change it later when solid numbers on parry/block rate come out. Even DEX, which isn't entirely useful, can be thrown in there if it helps you reach a new tier of block rate.

If you're 3 points in STR and 5 points in DEX from reaching a new tier in those stats, then spend them there, and put the rest in VIT. But we don't have those numbers yet to say which is better right off the bat.

Regarding MND/INT/Piety (PIE?): These are primarily mage stats only like in XI. In XI they at least gave some benefit, like extra Magic Defense from MND, but I believe in XIV they are essentially useless to physical classes to a point where you shouldn't spend any of your points or even meld materia to affect these stats.
By Enuyasha 2013-08-23 23:17:46
Link | Citer | R

Well, if you're a PLD that wants hate from cure materia melds might be good, but not over STR or VIT ones :<