Tourbillion Potential

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Tourbillion potential
Tourbillion potential
First Page 2
By tennotsukai87 2013-08-20 22:56:59
Link | Citer | R

Quick question, would blu be invited to boss delve runs if our infamous spell, torbillion, would work like it should?
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-08-20 23:09:27
Link | Citer | R

BLU is already really useful for the zones and can parse close to other standard DD. Terror, special DMG, stuns etc.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-08-20 23:11:11
Link | Citer | R

We take 1-2 BLU to 2/3 of the boss runs as it is o_o;
By tennotsukai87 2013-08-22 12:13:40
Link | Citer | R

Perhaps it's my server because blu is laughed at on shiva. I know I'm not bad. I play right, decent gear, and I'm only missing delve boss sword. Perhaps I should switch servers?
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-08-22 12:24:14
Link | Citer | R

tennotsukai87 said: »
Perhaps it's my server because blu is laughed at on shiva. I know I'm not bad. I play right, decent gear, and I'm only missing delve boss sword. Perhaps I should switch servers?
You play in pickups?

Lots of things are good when you are part of a decent group but suddenly, when it comes to pickups, there are only 3 jobs in the game and only one set of acceptable gear for each of them.
[+]
 Shiva.Zykei
Serveur: Shiva
user: Zykei
By Shiva.Zykei 2013-08-22 13:09:10
Link | Citer | R

To be honest, if you want blu to shine, you have to make it shine. I can see why PUGs won't take blus though; it is very hard to judge how a good blu looks/plays like, whereas for mnk, if you have oatixur and can press ws macro every few secs, you're good to go. Changing servers won't alleviate this problem either, but shiva is probably one of the worst when it comes to PUG runs...

ATM even I'm having a hard time trying to convince my LS to take my blu (even with all the best gear available pre skirm2) over a tsuru/mura sam for places like foret :(
Maybe one day...
By Gimp 2013-08-22 13:38:20
Link | Citer | R

I hate to say it but if you're leaning on pickups to get stuff done and not set it up yourself you should put the equal effort into choosing a job to suit their needs.

I could talk to leaders of pugs and simply explain how useful blu is or how I understand game mechanics but if they aren't of the right mindset to accept me it doesn't matter how well geared my blu is.

also comparatively speaking my blu is ok to where it should be, which means I have a better clue than 80% of them.
By tennotsukai87 2013-08-23 01:45:56
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Zykei said: »

To be honest, if you want blu to shine, you have to make it shine. I can see why PUGs won't take blus though; it is very hard to judge how a good blu looks/plays like, whereas for mnk, if you have oatixur and can press ws macro every few secs, you're good to go. Changing servers won't alleviate this problem either, but shiva is probably one of the worst when it comes to PUG runs...

ATM even I'm having a hard time trying to convince my LS to take my blu (even with all the best gear available pre skirm2) over a tsuru/mura sam for places like foret :(
Maybe one day...

That's so weird man. I've seen your blu on shiva. It's probably the best geared I've seen on the server. I'm sure when you can upgrade that 99 almace you may get to convince your ls.
By tennotsukai87 2013-08-23 01:52:09
Link | Citer | R

Of course, I do see why blu is laughed at on shiva. Soooo many ignorant players on blu full timing af3 still. Though, this is why I hope tourbillion gets fixed, to alleviate the neglect on blus.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-08-23 02:04:03
Link | Citer | R

I found blu damage to be really underwhelming on the shark, was I doing something wrong? It did really awesome on the crabs, but my WS damage was awful on daku. Really nice for ceizak if not using RNG strat though.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-08-23 02:49:39
Link | Citer | R

you can take any dd you want if you bring 18, even pup

blu is a pretty subpar choice unless you're doing ceizak, tourbillion is unlikely to change that with the variety of defense- already available

if you love blu, you need to make yourself a situation where it'll be accepted instead of counting on other people to make it for you
 Bismarck.Helel
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-08-23 04:04:43
Link | Citer | R

You just need a shitload of attack on the shark. Use roar + berserk + red curry + regular cor/brd buffs obviously. Requiescat should average 4kish.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-08-23 06:12:15
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
I found blu damage to be really underwhelming on the shark, was I doing something wrong? It did really awesome on the crabs, but my WS damage was awful on daku. Really nice for ceizak if not using RNG strat though.

Your underbuffed or the Shark isn't being properly debuffed. Berserk + Roar + min's + chaos with Dia III + LS + Agnon + Geo debuffs. Req can be a very powerful WS, it just needs a metric f*ck ton of attack.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-08-23 06:26:37
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »

In my experience, BLU tends to fall behind on Matamata(lol), Kurma, Tojil, Craklaw(lol), Dakuwaqa, and Chapuli, while either keeping up with our greatly surpassing primary DD against everything else. That said, everything in Morimar is enough of a joke that it doesn't warrant switching, Foret's major timesink is BLU's forte, and BLU is just a monster in Ceizak.

tl;dr- if you do 3-NM rotations on event nights, it's pretty hard to argue with MNKx2, BLUx2, DRGx2 for every zone
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-08-23 06:50:06
Link | Citer | R

Krabakarpo is hardly the bulk of the zone, and BLU does absolutely terrible compared to SAM on anything without damage penalties.

I'm not saying you should change mid-event, but there's no way BLU beats SAM in Foret. You might save a minute on the krab, but you'll lose much more in the rest of the zone.

The only zone where BLU is the ideal choice is ceizak, and you can't blame people for sticking with the ideal. Like I said, it's about making a situation where people are ok with it.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-08-23 07:08:30
Link | Citer | R

RNG is still a veritable wrecking crew in Foret, even compared to BLU. The point is to avoid changing your setup unnecessarily, and to a lesser extent, ideologically normalizing a setup that isn't nearly as functional for most groups. Having multiple Murasamemaru is still far from commonplace.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-08-23 07:10:59
Link | Citer | R

it's one thing to say you can't afford/find murasamemarus, it's another to claim blu's superiority when it's very easy to show how far it trails the second you unequip mura

for that matter, 2 melee cors using requiescat can handle krab if they aren't geared like ***

there's not really a setup in foret where blu will be the greatest job choice if you put their slot up vs other jobs, though i'd definitely agree they're great for ceizak
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-08-23 07:29:52
Link | Citer | R

You're right-- I should have been more clear. When I say, "in my experience", I mean it literally. With a more homogeneous group of players, other jobs will assuredly pull ahead.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-08-23 07:56:48
Link | Citer | R

Whateva whateva, I do what I want!

[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-08-23 08:08:46
Link | Citer | R

[04:26:50]Comeatmebro uses Tachi: Shoha.
[04:26:50]Krabakarpo takes 7054 points of damage.
np

[21:02:49]Comeatmebro uses Tachi: Shoha.
[21:02:49]Dakuwaqa takes 7928 points of damage.
[21:02:52]Skillchain: Light.
[21:02:52]Dakuwaqa takes 10345 points of damage.
your move, blu
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-08-23 08:10:19
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-08-23 08:14:52
Link | Citer | R

Really though, unless you're going for reduction in the number of people optimization arguments in Delve are pretty pointless anymore.

These days I'm more amused about how absolutely stupid we can make our alliance setup and still be annoyed by NT being on 10 minute timers.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-08-23 08:16:54
Link | Citer | R

it's all about the clear time

i just can't live with myself if tojil takes over 30 minutes
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-08-23 08:23:13
Link | Citer | R

Lately building a delve alliance goes something like this for us:

WHM never been to delve NMs? Sure why not! BST? bring it on! Buyer on COR and don't feel like explaining rotation to them? Whatever! At least one mule or buyer doing nothing productive in each party!? Hooray!

And still sub 30 minute clears. I'm not really sure what they were thinking with adding 200 accuracy/attack to everything, but it's really killed my motivation to do Delve, at all.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-08-23 08:38:55
Link | Citer | R

You shouldn't be using BLU on Tojil, ever. It doesn't bring anything to the event at all. BLU is actually really good in Shark and Bee zones, it crush's Mura SAM on anything with -DT effects. SAM being forced to use an ultra-rare level 95 weapon to do respectable damage is kinda a downer. BLU is behind SAM on the bother NM's though not by much, largely as a result of having 50% of their attacks using a weaker weapon.

Now for the big differences, BLU has Sudden Lunge and from my experience SL works on pretty much ~everything~ outside of the MB's. Terror + SL spam makes the Scorp stupid easy, don't even need any CS stun (use magic accuracy set for SL). WoE is aoe erase which can be a huge saver in any fight with aoe defense / magic defense down. Then you have diffusion Harden Shell which is pretty nice on the MB fights. BLU is about sacrificing some offense for a metric f*ck ton of utility.

Ohh and if your SAM on the Bee, please don't use GKT WS's. Get a Bow and spam AA, it absolutely destroys everything. A BLU + AA SAM combo is devastating in Ceizek.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-08-23 09:02:28
Link | Citer | R

Can you refrain from responding if you're not going to read anything anyone's said
[+]
 Phoenix.Sonoske
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Sonoske
By Phoenix.Sonoske 2013-08-24 01:38:21
Link | Citer | R

Since there is a lot of talk about BLU in delve here specially boss runs, does anyone mind sharing the spell list they use for it?
[+]
 Fenrir.Montgomery
By Fenrir.Montgomery 2013-08-24 04:19:34
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Lately building a delve alliance goes something like this for us:

WHM never been to delve NMs? Sure why not! BST? bring it on! Buyer on COR and don't feel like explaining rotation to them? Whatever! At least one mule or buyer doing nothing productive in each party!? Hooray!

And still sub 30 minute clears. I'm not really sure what they were thinking with adding 200 accuracy/attack to everything, but it's really killed my motivation to do Delve, at all.

But still won't let me go THF. T_T
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-14 16:28:16
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
You shouldn't be using BLU on Tojil, ever. It doesn't bring anything to the event at all. BLU is actually really good in Shark and Bee zones, it crush's Mura SAM on anything with -DT effects. SAM being forced to use an ultra-rare level 95 weapon to do respectable damage is kinda a downer. BLU is behind SAM on the bother NM's though not by much, largely as a result of having 50% of their attacks using a weaker weapon.

Now for the big differences, BLU has Sudden Lunge and from my experience SL works on pretty much ~everything~ outside of the MB's. Terror + SL spam makes the Scorp stupid easy, don't even need any CS stun (use magic accuracy set for SL). WoE is aoe erase which can be a huge saver in any fight with aoe defense / magic defense down. Then you have diffusion Harden Shell which is pretty nice on the MB fights. BLU is about sacrificing some offense for a metric f*ck ton of utility.

Ohh and if your SAM on the Bee, please don't use GKT WS's. Get a Bow and spam AA, it absolutely destroys everything. A BLU + AA SAM combo is devastating in Ceizek.

Think you mean Winds of Promyvian not Walk of Echos. :P
First Page 2