Forum » FFXIV » General » XIV download
XIV download
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-08-17 15:35:41
Link | Citer | R

There's no pause for the downloader and I kinda need the bandwidth for something else atm. If I were to close the downloader, would I lose what's been downloaded so far, or does it resume from where it's started.

Would like a confirmation rather than a guess, due to my location atm and download speed, not something I'd want to do unless I was 100% sure (for phase 4 beta)
By Caivian 2013-08-17 18:23:18
Link | Citer | R

May be a late answer, but I canceled the download twice and it resumed both times.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Altsmithra
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Altsmithra 2013-08-23 19:55:10
Link | Citer | R

why does mine get interrupted and i have to start all over again..
 Cerberus.Altsmithra
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Altsmithra 2013-08-23 19:55:38
Link | Citer | R

id ask on a SE forum but LOLse....
[+]
By Seanna 2013-08-23 23:21:45
Link | Citer | R

I'm having the same problem as Altsmithra and if anyone has any answers or can shed some light on the problem then it'd be appreciated.
As stated from the earlier posters, when the client stopped downloading because of of a disconnection or need of bandwidth it would pick right back up but it only happened with the last phase of the beta launcher. After that update it seems like it just restarts from the beginning now instead of picking itself up where it left off. Really does suck when you have a slow connection and you need to lay off the bandwidth every so often.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Seanna 2013-08-23 23:30:53
Link | Citer | R

Ahhh, I'm on the PC so I can't go on the PSN but my friend did send me to a website for the client patch but I'm afraid to stop my download and risk it restarting. Been trying to download this game for the past 3 days but because of some problems I couldn't finish so it's frustrating when I was hoping to have it for the start of the early access.
 Lakshmi.Cledant
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Latifah
By Lakshmi.Cledant 2013-08-23 23:45:23
Link | Citer | R

servers seems to be very busy due to client downloads from everyone (obviously)
By Seanna 2013-08-23 23:53:02
Link | Citer | R

Of course they would be since SE sorted out the early access stuff but that shouldn't effect the downloads that you've already gone through. It was pretty much like XI's downloads/updates where it would pick up from where you left off despite the large traffic. Besides the fact that it's backed up from people, I live on a reservation so my download speed is under 1mpbs so I'm use to the slow downloads but can't afford it restarting from DCing all the time.
 Carbuncle.Jabel
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Jabel
By Carbuncle.Jabel 2013-08-25 04:22:08
Link | Citer | R

So far I have 2 problems: uber-slow download speed (like .1mb/s and at times down to .02) and I've been disconnected from the server while downloading and had to start over again.

Currently the launcher is reporting 1500+ minutes to finish downloading: 25 HOURS to download?

I had pretty much the same download speed when running the beta program, and never got much more than .1mb/s for more than the first few seconds of starting.

Anyone have a secondary download site like Kriz used to do for FFxi?
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Serveur: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-08-25 05:12:50
Link | Citer | R

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1kff9q/phase_4_beta_client_torrent/
By Seanna 2013-08-26 23:20:49
Link | Citer | R

Would anyone happen to know if there's a torrent for the new patch? It's the D2013.08.19.0000.0001.patch and it's pretty much the last thing I need and the launcher isn't being very friendly about it.
Also, thank you very much Ghaleon for that torrent link, it's helped me greatly with the last of my downloads.