users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » FFXIAH Linkshell Ni
FFXIAH Linkshell Ni
First Page 2 3 ... 18133 18134 18135 ... 18549 18550 18551
By Ramyrez 2016-11-14 09:46:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Dameshi said: »
Morning Silver Lining Conspiracists.

I hope the weekend treated you well. Had a fairly busy weekend myself, part of which involved sitting around a campfire smoking fine tobacco products and drinking beer with some pals.

But alas, Monday brings its fury like a woman scorned.

Had a relaxing day Friday, spent Saturday at a wedding that was really great (well, the reception was great anyhow, more on that in a minute). Yesterday was a standard Sunday, meaning I slept late, went to the gym, and then played video games until Monday came round.

But yeah, the reception was totally rad and 10/10 would do again (free top shelf bourbon will do that), but the wedding itself...man. That preacher was laying it on thick. Even the bride sort of looked askance at him at one point like "dude, this is my wedding, not Jesus'. Can you maybe tone down the fire and brimstone?"

The groom is a member of a prominent local family so they had to have a religious ceremony despite being very, uh, well. Not religious. Social standing all, gotta keep up appearances.

But I don't know if I've ever seen an officiant hammer religion that hard in a ceremony and I've been to the weddings of pastors.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-14 09:47:19
Link | Citer | R

My youngest (17) finally decided it would be a good idea to maybe get his driver's license and enter the real world....

How I wish he was previously more interested in motorized vehicles...

He refused to learn how to ride a bike and I couldn't even get him to ride the electric Razor scooter I bought him...>.>

Day One: The parking lot at the nearby beach
We only hit two curbs and drove up on one embankment but my neck and upper back are sore.... two hours of training down forty eight to go... /whisky
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2016-11-14 09:50:20
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
Morning Silver Lining Conspiracists.

I hope the weekend treated you well. Had a fairly busy weekend myself, part of which involved sitting around a campfire smoking fine tobacco products and drinking beer with some pals.

But alas, Monday brings its fury like a woman scorned.

Had a relaxing day Friday, spent Saturday at a wedding that was really great (well, the reception was great anyhow, more on that in a minute). Yesterday was a standard Sunday, meaning I slept late, went to the gym, and then played video games until Monday came round.

But yeah, the reception was totally rad and 10/10 would do again (free top shelf bourbon will do that), but the wedding itself...man. That preacher was laying it on thick. Even the bride sort of looked askance at him at one point like "dude, this is my wedding, not Jesus'. Can you maybe tone down the fire and brimstone?"

The groom is a member of a prominent local family so they had to have a religious ceremony despite being very, uh, well. Not religious. Social standing all, gotta keep up appearances.

But I don't know if I've ever seen an officiant hammer religion that hard in a ceremony and I've been to the weddings of pastors.
Not a wedding but still relevant; my grandmother's funeral was the same. Like, I get it she was religious and it's a funeral so I expected some preaching. It was just straight preaching. On, and on, and on, and on. Hell, I almost forgot the entire reason I was there in the first place!

0/10 would not do again. Least the food was good.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-14 10:04:55
Link | Citer | R

Not a wedding but still relevant; my grandmother's funeral was the same. Like, I get it she was religious and it's a funeral so I expected some preaching. It was just straight preaching. On, and on, and on, and on. Hell, I almost forgot the entire reason I was there in the first place!

Oh man. Funerals are another story entirely. My grandmother's funeral was also like that.

I even like Father Phil and I was still like "look, mother ***, she's been in a nursing home unable to speak for five years. She didn't convey anything of her wishes to you regarding her feelings on God or the kingdom of heaven. She couldn't even tell the nurse whether her apple sauce was any good. Would you kindly tone it down?"

I mean, if his goal was to make me so grumpy that I forgot to be sad, I guess he achieved it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Serveur: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-11-14 10:09:48
Link | Citer | R

the dreaded season is approaching.

starts off with the awkward Thanks Giving family dinner.

why awkward?

cause it is always the same talks ever, in small groups, which I just pretend to blend in and nod.

talks:

-Good movies since the last family gathering*
By good, I mean bad. these people have bad taste.
-Religious stuff
-Why vegetarian food is good for you
-Anti-Religious and anti-government conspiracies and ***
thanks to good old drunken uncle
-Sports-ball/Kick-ball game on tv
*** actual sports. dont even care about it, wish the douche of a bad local team would just pack up and leave. stupid chargers.
-personal talk
how are you?. how is life?. still at the same job?. any girl?. plans of the future?. Anything interesting? --oh talking about your things. brb Ima go talk to someone else cause IDGAF.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-11-14 10:12:27
Link | Citer | R

oh and apparently , it is rude and ***for an adult to sit on a corner alone, to drink and play 3DS.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-14 10:19:45
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Misao said: »
oh and apparently , it is rude and ***for an adult to sit on a corner alone, to drink and play 3DS.

Well there go my plans for a confrontation-free family gathering.

Dammit, Misa.
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2016-11-14 10:25:11
Link | Citer | R

I think I've already somehow offended my mother by telling her for once I'm going to go to my father's on time for Thanksgiving since every other year I stick around her place for awhile and just meander over to my father's whenever I feel like it... I mean I'm just trying to be fair and all, it's not my *** fault. Whatever.

In other, less annoying news, co-worker saw Dr. Strange over the weekend and told me she loved it. So I guess I'll book that some time this week.

/jobemotesch OH YEAH! AT&T offers buy one get one free movie tickets on Tuesdays as a customer appreciation thing. I could bribe get someone to go see it with me and just split the cost. Though I doubt that applies to IMAX so maybe not.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-11-14 10:27:27
Link | Citer | R

Misa just basically summed up my whole life.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-14 10:31:07
Link | Citer | R

Pffft!... try having the magnetic personality of a psychotic that draws even random strangers to confide their darkest feelings.

and your aunt is all "I hate my husband and I'm thinking about getting a divorce...please don't tell anyone"
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-11-14 10:52:48
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

Pffft!... try having the magnetic personality of a psychotic that draws even random strangers to confide their darkest feelings.

and your aunt is all "I hate my husband and I'm thinking about getting a divorce...please don't tell anyone"

as proven yesterday.
my mind would go "meh" and let things carry on.
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2016-11-14 10:54:02
Link | Citer | R

as proven yesterday.
my mind would go "meh" and let things carry on.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think that was a D&D reference.
Have my skeptical [+]
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-11-14 10:54:33
Link | Citer | R

yah it was. lol
Im pretty sure I had a skill that allowed me to "telepathically" talk to someone. but I couldnt find it . need to look it up.
maybe I saw it and didnt take it?
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2016-11-14 10:59:28
Link | Citer | R

yah it was. lol
Im pretty sure I had a skill that allowed me to "telepathically" talk to someone. but I couldnt find it . need to look it up.
maybe I saw it and didnt take it?
I'm holding onto a helm of comprehend language, but am too selfish to let anyone look at the items. So many lives could have been spared...

Rogue life.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-11-14 11:07:29
Link | Citer | R

Im still mad that one guy managed to run away.

"is ok, I can still snipe him"

DM: "no he ran so fast he disapeared "
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUK
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-11-14 11:44:33
Link | Citer | R

Dr. strange was really good...
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-14 11:49:17
Link | Citer | R

I need more roasted turkey in my life... /shakes PARKER

My brain can withstand great family suffering to aquire vast turkey wealth... and that rich golden gravy.

I'm so turkey hungry I'm going to go buy one friday and brine it myself.... bought stuffing, cranberries and green beans already...forgot the french fried onions /kicks PARKER

you were supposed to remind me!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-14 12:20:24
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »

Seems to be the consensus. Does it require having seen all the Marvel universe movies to make sense? I'm a couple years behind, I'm embarrassed to say. Guardians was the last one I saw.

I need more roasted turkey in my life...

I had that thought too. Which is why I'm making it tonight!
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-11-14 12:29:00
Link | Citer | R

hint hint
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-11-14 12:38:41
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »

Seems to be the consensus. Does it require having seen all the Marvel universe movies to make sense? I'm a couple years behind, I'm embarrassed to say. Guardians was the last one I saw.

I need more roasted turkey in my life...

I had that thought too. Which is why I'm making it tonight!
It does not require that to enjoy the movie... there are a few tie ins to the marvel universe but beyond that it can be enjoyed as a stand alone movie...
By Ramyrez 2016-11-14 12:40:12
Link | Citer | R

Good, good. I'm familiar with the Marvel Universe, just not caught up on films.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-14 14:19:42
Link | Citer | R

funeral

I don't know what religion she was...but when my friend's mom past away we went to her funeral... and I was sitting towards the back... it looked like the front was set up like a stage for a band.... that's weird...I thought... maybe there was a dance last night and they didn't take the equipment down?....

NOPE

then the world's worst jesus rock band starts kicking out the lame jams and kids are running up and down the isles waving flags and people were dancing on the stage.

it was a celebration of her assention into heaven or something.
not the most disturbing thing I ever saw in a church...but a close second
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2016-11-15 08:57:20
Link | Citer | R

November 15th. It's bloody November 15th.

WHY THE *** ARE THEY PLAYING CHRISTMAS MUSIC?!
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-15 09:23:51
Link | Citer | R

They're trying to break you?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-15 09:43:06
Link | Citer | R

November 15th. It's bloody November 15th.

WHY THE *** ARE THEY PLAYING CHRISTMAS MUSIC?!

While I generally refuse to fire up the Peace on Earth Good Will to Men machine until the day after Thanksgiving, I've come to accept that after November 1, Christmas things are fair game.

But Yog-Sothoth help you if I catch you putting a tree up before Samhain has passed!
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2016-11-15 09:53:22
Link | Citer | R

I've come to accept that after November 1, Christmas things are fair game.
Please point me in the direction of the jar where your wife keeps your balls, enabler.

When did you stop fighting the good fight against the 3 month long Christmassers pushing their "good will and cheer" on us during the off-season? I want to be irritable and harbor ill will damnit!
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-15 09:56:14
Link | Citer | R

PARKER!!! Crank Up The Slayer!

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-15 09:56:30
Link | Citer | R

Please point me in the direction of the jar where your wife keeps your balls, enabler.

Hey, there's no Christmas stuff up in my house and there won't be until November 25.

When did you stop fighting the good fight

I just pick my battles. On this topic, mostly I pick fights with my brother-in-law, who starts trying to put trees up around his house and lawn around September. His wife and I are actually a bit of a united front on that end. Without us he'd be a holly jolly chucklefuck every day of the year.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-15 10:02:06
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
Administrator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2016-11-15 10:03:06
Link | Citer | R

the Peace on Earth Good Will to Men machine

Why do you even have one of those in the first place? Anyway, there's a time and a place for them.

The time is never. I'll let you sort out the place on your own
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 18133 18134 18135 ... 18549 18550 18551