Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2016-08-19 13:56:04
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »
Asura.Dameshi said: »
We can't sell product if we don't know how much it cost :P

A real salesman would tell the mark that the product is so essential to life that it costs money NOT to have it.
Good thing I'm not a salesman then. I'd tell everyone there is no reason to buy this ***.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
Serveur: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2016-08-19 14:03:21
Link | Citer | R

Happy dance party friday all. I hope it finds you in the gods' good graces. I for one, am wholly ready for the weekend and the peace that lies therein. This week has been too busy, today is looking to follow the trend, and I am weary. I tend to agree with misa in that 'no man's sky' is a ripoff. I would have come to the conclusion a lot earlier, but I've been hanging with the child folk, and drinking a bunch.

/shrug

Sup with the rest of Ni? Niko any big cigar plans for the weekend? the mennonite have some weird holiday? Z have any funny stories? how fares the mad king? what of misa-cat? our european comrades? remo remotional ramyez? will skull come back and poop the place up during work hours? will stik come collect ni taxes and gallivant off to the UK with all our grotto upkeep money? SUP!??!

Life progresses. Youngest has just passed his first birthday; swim lessons have started up again, so he'll be having his first one on Sunday.

There's a bicycle festival this weekend, so we'll head into town and let the little ones have a good time mixing it up. They have a children's bicycle centimetermarathon (42k cm), which has about a thousand kids in it, so it will be one crazy mess.

We bought the used car, so far so good. Ordered a 3D printer this week, so we'll be having quite a bit of fun with that once it is set up.

Christmas presents for the children are acquired (Brio train set), and we found some very nice deals on used normal-sized Legos for when they can start playing with that (we now have about 13 kilos).

Other than that, gradually getting things in order that have been neglected or put aside. Fun times.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-08-19 14:15:23
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
skating party

PARKER /dims the lights for the slow skate!!
YouTube Video Placeholder

Ugh...Saw Slayer. I forget where I am sometimes.

Not DPF, but just because:

Who doesn't get chills from Morello rifs?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-08-19 14:19:51
Link | Citer | R

I apologize for nothing. I didn't post it in Ni, lest Nik go office pooper.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-08-19 14:27:03
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »

I apologize for nothing. I didn't post it in Ni, lest Nik go office pooper.

No problem. It's not like guys don't come with sprinklings of ANGRY AND LOUD music selections.

/shrug

*** YO OZZY!

The Cardigans cover is better, and you can't convince me otherwise!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-08-19 14:31:43
Link | Citer | R

Fine, have some different.

[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-08-19 14:31:56
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
We bought the used car, so far so good.

I'm picturing a BMW...
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-08-19 14:34:37
Link | Citer | R

in an effort to maintain some semblance of sanity sometimes slayer is absolutely necessary... >.>

PARKER Edit: DPF with the Joy Formidable!

[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
Serveur: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2016-08-19 14:39:31
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
We bought the used car, so far so good.

I'm picturing a BMW...
VW Polo 6n2.

The good news is that it is a year newer than the last car I bought.

Also, feel free to use this where appropriate:
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-08-19 14:41:28
Link | Citer | R

All I got in my arsenal. One is collegiate communal sloppiness. The other is because TEXAS!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-08-19 14:43:06
Link | Citer | R

The other is because TEXAS!

Will putting a margarita or two in your reduce or exacerbate this behavior?
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-08-19 14:47:33
Link | Citer | R

The other is because TEXAS!

Will putting a margarita or two in your reduce or exacerbate this behavior?

I know. I'm making fun of it, but I'll take a margarita after about 8:30 PM if you're offering.

Edit: I like The Toadies more than Pantera. There's a lot of "Pantera because TEXAS!" 'round these parts.

Bring a BF home to meet the folks in college, you end up going on a wild goose chase for Dimebag Darrel's house. This was right after he died too. What are you gunna do?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-08-19 15:06:11
Link | Citer | R

This was right after he died too. What are you gunna do?

Pour one out for your departed homie, obviously.

Edit: Dimebag's talent aside, Pantera was one of the best gags in music, I'm just not sure as many people were in on it as they should have been. This may or may not include most of the band.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-08-19 15:15:17
Link | Citer | R

This was right after he died too. What are you gunna do?

Pour one out for your departed homie, obviously.

Edit: Dimebag's talent aside, Pantera was one of the best gags in music, I'm just not sure as many people were in on it as they should have been. This may or may not include most of the band.

I'll pour one out since he seemed like a decent dude, from what a guy in college said about him. I can't confirm this. Apparently, he bought a bunch of kiddos, one of whom was the guy from college, their first six-pack during a pick-up game of basketball and even played a little with them. He did some other things for the community.

I'm not even sure what their gimmick was. Totally in the dark about that.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Serveur: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-08-19 15:15:52
Link | Citer | R

What did the Zen Buddhist say to the hot dog vendor?
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-08-19 15:17:10
Link | Citer | R

How many surrealist does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-08-19 15:20:30
Link | Citer | R

Did you hear the one about the dyslexic agnostic insomniac?
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-08-19 15:21:06
Link | Citer | R

ok, I am done, I'll see myself out.
[+]
 Bismarck.Leneth
By Bismarck.Leneth 2016-08-19 15:21:43
Link | Citer | R

Milamber, the danish radio advertisment which sounds like a song for children, what is it about and for which company?

Germany just lost the hanball semi final against the world champion 28:29 3 seconds before the end. Were down by 7 goals at one time. I aged 10 years during the last half...
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2016-08-19 15:40:46
Link | Citer | R

Leneth if you enjoy teams pulling defeat from the jaws of victory, check out the minneasota vikings.
[+]
 Bismarck.Leneth
By Bismarck.Leneth 2016-08-19 15:52:56
Link | Citer | R

We were down by 7 and made a huge comeback, but wasn't enough. Sorry for the confusion.
Now it's Germany vs Sweden for the gold medal in football. Men play Brazil for football gold tomorrow iirc.

As for the vikings, I saw that missed field goal attempt against Seattle last playoffs. We're getting this season again on free tv. Looking forward to it.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-08-19 15:59:01
Link | Citer | R

Last submission since I'm thinking about D-town boogy:

Spoonfed Tribe
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2016-08-19 16:09:48
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Leneth said: »
Sorry for the confusion.

no confusion! the vikings always act like they're going to win, then piss it down their leg in the last quarter. It's awesome.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-08-19 16:33:24
Link | Citer | R

GF's Father: "My son(age 16) has been wanting a computer, I was gonna give him my old tower that I've had downstairs, got a few parts to upgrade it."

Me: "Oh, I could probably just give him my old PC since it's still in good shape, just needs a new CD drive."

GF's Father: "Ah, nah mine should be better, I've got some upgrade parts, and it's a Dell."

*idle unimportant chat, basically leading into him agreeing to let me do the upgrades for him since he doesn't really understand how to put in the new power supply*

Finally took the computer home today.

Thing has no parts newer than 2004.

This man was extremely sure that the new parts would beef up the computer enough for his son to game(or more realistically record video which is his main want for it).

The "new" Graphics card he bought is a GeForce 7600... with 512MB of memory...

The new power supply is 500W.

Yea... I think I'm just gonna give the boy my old PC.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-08-19 16:48:58
Link | Citer | R

That's nice. I hope her dad is cool about it, and doesn't take it as an opportunity to start a pissing contest over something so benign and an overall nice gesture.

/clears throat

Dad-gravation.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-08-19 16:55:18
Link | Citer | R

That's nice. I hope her dad is cool about it, and doesn't take it as an opportunity to start a pissing contest over something so benign and an overall nice gesture.

/clears throat

Dad-gravation.
I'm interested to hear his reaction to it.

I know he also wants some data off the HDD. Problem being it uses and IDE cable... which I haven't seen myself in years and I have nothing currently I can plug it into.

Basically I've broken costs down already and next time we go over there I'm gonna talk with him about it. Because looking at it currently, won't cost him more than $100 for everything I need(CD Drive, New OS[old one was pirated and I wiped the HDD a while ago to steal for my current computer], and a IDE -> USB cable so I can grab whatever he may want from that HDD.

The PC isn't anything top of the line(it's a good 5-6yrs old) but it'll at least run games around low-medium depending on what he gets.

Figure once I'm more stable income wise I may talk him into letting me work with his son to actually build his own PC later down the road. He's in that big "I wanna be a youtuber" or "I wanna stream" fad and I think he needs to get a handle on what that actually means in terms of taking care of his equipment.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-08-19 17:04:05
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Spathaian said: »

/clears throat

Dad-gravation.
I'm interested to hear his reaction to it.

I know he also wants some data off the HDD. Problem being it uses and IDE cable... which I haven't seen myself in years and I have nothing currently I can plug it into.

Basically I've broken costs down already and next time we go over there I'm gonna talk with him about it. Because looking at it currently, won't cost him more than $100 for everything I need(CD Drive, New OS[old one was pirated and I wiped the HDD a while ago to steal for my current computer], and a IDE -> USB cable so I can grab whatever he may want from that HDD.

The PC isn't anything top of the line(it's a good 5-6yrs old) but it'll at least run games around low-medium depending on what he gets.

Figure once I'm more stable income wise I may talk him into letting me work with his son to actually build his own PC later down the road. He's in that big "I wanna be a youtuber" or "I wanna stream" fad and I think he needs to get a handle on what that actually means in terms of taking care of his equipment.

I'm crossing my fingers for you. LOL!

Five or six is much better than a dinosaur circa 2004, and it's good that you're willing to lend your expertise while also trying to inch the brother into learning as well.

Glad you're doing well!
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2016-08-19 17:07:11
Link | Citer | R

My kids like to try to educate me in regards to the vast sums of money 'youtubers' make, and that for their generation, it's an admirable thing to aspire to.

yeesh.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-08-19 17:10:02
Link | Citer | R

I'm not even sure what their gimmick was. Totally in the dark about that.

You can see why this might appeal to a bunch of young beered up Texas boys.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-08-19 17:10:54
Link | Citer | R

My kids like to try to educate me in regards to the vast sums of money 'youtubers' make, and that for their generation, it's an admirable thing to aspire to.

yeesh.

Are your girls trying to convince you to let them do it?

I don't get it either. It all seems like it's on par with reality TV to me. That genera has a lot to answer for.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 18055 18056 18057 ... 18549 18550 18551