Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-10 13:36:30
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
Can someone (preferably female) explain why I, apparently, have to buy my wife new luggage for EVERY SINGLE vacation? What's wrong with the 12 basically new carry-on bags in the extra bedroom closet?

Is it the decorative paisley/polkadot/misc. print, Sam Moon-esque luggage sets? Those aren't very durable.

Cheap quality. They fray and the zippers get stuck. Pretty is not always the best.

Both of the sets I bought in the last 5 years are of good quality and not particularly trendy or dated. I guess I should just be thankful that she isn't expecting me to buy a whole new wardrobe, too...

One more thing, why does it matter if a carry-on is lightweight if there's no specific weight limit and IT'S GOT WHEELS? And I'll be the one dragging it around, no doubt.

LOL! If you're going to be the one towing it, wouldn't it be better if it were light-weight?

Getting out of town for the holidays, I guess? Despite the luggage conundrum, I hope you two have some fun.

No such luck, we're visiting the in-laws. I am honestly hoping something comes up and I can't go. Anything to save me from 2 weeks of sitting in an apartment with her dad who doesn't speak a word of English.

Bahamut.Kara said: »
I hate wheeled luggage >.>

People forget they have something trailing behind them for 3-4ft and stop, cut others off, and are -generally- oblivious

It's not like people need to be trailing luggage to be oblivious and inconsiderate, lol.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-11-10 13:37:12
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Misao said: »
hey, i got an idea, let's all resub XI!

:|

:/

:I

:\

:D

buahahahahaha nope

IDK. Mos and I have tossed it back and forth before in this thread. :/ I think we all have at one point in time, haven't we?
I wouldn't mind. It'd be fun, but I don't want to get sucked into it like I used to be. Maybe this summer when I'm getting paid to sit on my *** all day.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-11-10 13:39:34
Link | Citer | R

Can someone (preferably female) explain why I, apparently, have to buy my wife new luggage for EVERY SINGLE vacation? What's wrong with the 12 basically new carry-on bags in the extra bedroom closet?

Is it the decorative paisley/polkadot/misc. print, Sam Moon-esque luggage sets? Those aren't very durable.

Cheap quality. They fray and the zippers get stuck. Pretty is not always the best.

Both of the sets I bought in the last 5 years are of good quality and not particularly trendy or dated. I guess I should just be thankful that she isn't expecting me to buy a whole new wardrobe, too...

One more thing, why does it matter if a carry-on is lightweight if there's no specific weight limit and IT'S GOT WHEELS? And I'll be the one dragging it around, no doubt.

LOL! If you're going to be the one towing it, wouldn't it be better if it were light-weight?

Getting out of town for the holidays, I guess? Despite the luggage conundrum, I hope you two have some fun.

No such luck, we're visiting the in-laws. I am honestly hoping something comes up and I can't go. Anything to save me from 2 weeks of sitting in an apartment with her dad who doesn't speak a word of English.

Are they still in "zie old country"? Why two weeks?

Speaking of which, Kara, are you back in the EU. That sleep adjustment! Worst thing about going east overseas. Can't imagine how rough it is with an infant also.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-11-10 13:40:50
Link | Citer | R

how soon is it too soon...
for xmas songs?
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-11-10 13:41:16
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
I.....

/clears throat loudly

AHEM! You aren't done feeling ashamed yet are you!?
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-11-10 13:41:18
Link | Citer | R

fak it.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-11-10 13:41:55
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Misao said: »
how soon is it too soon...
for xmas songs?

in RT it's never too soon for anything
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-11-10 13:42:19
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
I.....

/clears throat loudly

AHEM! You aren't done feeling ashamed yet are you!?

...no...

/shuffles off sadly
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-11-10 13:48:03
Link | Citer | R

Speaking of which, Kara, are you back in the EU. That sleep adjustment! Worst thing about going east overseas. Can't imagine how rough it is with an infant also.
Yes, back!!

Woohooo, home, home, home!

We got home late last night.

First cross-atlantic flight, baby was learning how to adjust air pressure and the pilot desended quickly. She cried on and off for about 15 minutes, in total.

Return flight she was a pro. No crying and she slept for 5 hours.

However, it was one of the longest two weeks I've experienced in awhile. We were all sick the first 3-4 days, train strikes in Germany (we decided to fly out of frankfurt) led to logistic issues both going and returning, and I can only take Mil's mom for so long.

Anyways. Home, home, home! And baby is awesome :)

Also, really recommend lufthansa if flying with children. Excellent.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-11-10 13:48:50
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-11-10 13:49:37
Link | Citer | R

I hate wheeled luggage >.>

People forget they have something trailing behind them for 3-4ft and stop, cut others off, and are -generally- oblivious

It's not like people need to be trailing luggage to be oblivious and inconsiderate, lol.
Just say no?

Are they still in "zie old country"? Why two weeks?

We're back home after our epic journey. The little one handled it better than the rest of us, we have no right to have such an awesome child. But we'll gladly keep her regardless.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-10 13:53:59
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Just say no?

You can do that?
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-11-10 13:56:41
Link | Citer | R

Just say no?

You can do that?

if your couch is comfortable to sleep on...
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-10 13:59:36
Link | Citer | R

Just say no?

You can do that?

if your couch is comfortable to sleep on...

With the money I save, I could get a really comfy couch!
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-11-10 14:02:46
Link | Citer | R

Yes, back!!

First cross-atlantic flight, baby was learning how to adjust air pressure and the pilot desended quickly. She cried on and off for about 15 minutes, in total.

However, it was one of the longest two weeks I've experienced in awhile. We were all sick the first 3-4 days, train strikes in Germany (we decided to fly out of frankfurt) led to logistic issues both going and returning, and I can only take Mil's mom for so long.

ICK! The worst part of being on a plane. Sickness roulette. Glad the sweet one fared well.

Lufthansa has always been pretty nice. Haven't been overseas in a while, but American Airlines and British Airways always seemed more cramped(?). I get sir-crazy anyway.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-11-10 14:02:50
Link | Citer | R

Just say no?

You can do that?
Dunno, but if it bothers you, you probably should discuss it with her. It may have a particular symbolic meaning for her which you may be unaware of. And you both are adults!
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-10 14:04:28
Link | Citer | R

Just say no?

You can do that?
Dunno, but if it bothers you, you probably should discuss it with her. It may have a particular symbolic meaning for her which you may be unaware of. And you both are adults!

Oh, I'm not that dense, I was just trying to get other perspectives before I put my foot down, then ultimately buy it anyway like always, lol.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-11-10 14:09:47
Link | Citer | R

Or just tell her to use a backpack as a carry on. Like Kara mentioned they're easier to lug around and careen through crowds at the airport.

How much do you really need for the carry-on anyway. Toiletries, a little, entertainment and a change of clothes in anticipation of the weather. Dress in layers anyway to circumvent that. You don't need too much anyway.

I always used small cross-body purses for the tickets/passport/we bit o' "just in case cash". Small and harder to snatch, if you're afraid of that.

EDIT: I always super-packed. Bring a week's worth of clothes, because there's a washer and dryer anyway. Pack a suitcase within a suitcase for whatever goodies you may buy abroad.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-11-10 14:10:21
Link | Citer | R

Yes, back!!

ICK! The worst part of being on a plane. Sickness roulette. Glad the sweet one fared well.

Lufthansa has always been pretty nice. Haven't been overseas in a while, but American Airlines and British Airways always seemed more cramped(?). I get sir-crazy anyway.
BA is pretty good, but AA/united are to be avoided whenever possible.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-10 14:12:12
Link | Citer | R

There's literally nothing we're taking that isn't replaceable besides passports, and I'll be carrying those. Since the trip coincides with holidays, most of our luggage is full of gifts, plus her sister is one of those annoyingly materialistic people who she always seems to be competing with.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-11-10 14:12:49
Link | Citer | R

/whispers something in Alfred's ear
/Alfred nods and walks up to Niko
/Alfred slaps Niko in the face
/Alfred gets Magnuss a sandwich
/smiles
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-11-10 14:13:52
Link | Citer | R

before I put my foot down, then ultimately buy it anyway like always, lol.

I highly recommend skipping the "putting the foot down" routines, just this once, and see how much better the trip goes.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-11-10 14:15:34
Link | Citer | R

Well, crap! How many bags are we talking here? Are you all temporarily moving the household for two weeks?

A week's worth of clothes.

Washer, dryer and an iron are probably available.

Maybe one or two dressy-dresses. Just in case she wants to go paint the town.

Ugh! I'm turning into my mom!
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-11-10 14:17:15
Link | Citer | R

Well, crap! How many bags are we talking here? Are you all temporarily moving the household for two weeks?

Maybe one or two dress-dresses. Just in case she wants to go paint the town.

he never told us where he was going.... or I donny'd it
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-10 14:18:16
Link | Citer | R

She'll be there for a month, me 2 weeks. 2 checked bags each, 1 carry-on each, and my laptop backpack. The checked bags are basically all gifts because it's cheaper than sending them in the mail, so all of our stuff is in the carry-ons.

It's hardly important how fashionable the bags are, but if it makes her happy, it's not like we'll miss a meal by buying them.

he never told us where he was going.... or I donny'd it

Overseas is probably the best way to put it.
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2014-11-10 14:18:31
Link | Citer | R

I've had beyond my fill of morons today, and I still have 1.75 hours to go.

If I go to jail, I want you to know it was justified.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-11-10 14:23:52
Link | Citer | R

It's hardly important how fashionable the bags are,

/shakes his head sadly again

I can see we're going to have to start over from the beginning with you...
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-11-10 14:25:26
Link | Citer | R

I probably don't have to tell you that she's definitely going to go shopping while there.

EU is always ahead in fashion. Those impulse buys! Also, food smuggling!
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-10 14:27:04
Link | Citer | R

It's hardly important how fashionable the bags are,

/shakes his head sadly again

I can see we're going to have to start over from the beginning with you...

, but if it makes her happy, it's not like we'll miss a meal by buying them.

I probably don't have to tell you that she's definitely going to go shopping while there.

EU is always ahead in fashion. Those impulse buys! Also, food smuggling!

EU is thankfully not very close to where we'll be. And, yeah, my return trip is basically just me muling her purchases home.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16962 16963 16964 ... 18549 18550 18551