First Page 2 3 ... 16733 16734 16735 ... 18549 18550 18551
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-07-08 13:17:39
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
My last gf almost got me to convert my atheism into agnosticism.

We'll call this part the "fine tuning" phase which happens after you start a relationship....

If you asked me I couldn't tell you the difference between atheism and agnosticism... so I don't know if this is one of those "core value" things or not.

But I suppose if being an atheist is the most important thing in the universe to you, then all we need to do is put that in the search engine.... there is a christian mingle dot com so obviously there has to be a satanic one or whatever it was you said...
atheist. are those the dudes that wear trench coats and expose themselves to joggers?
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-07-08 13:33:41
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
The 'Friends' gal? I remember you gabbing about her way back when.
Yeah, that's the one. She couldn't get over the fact that I couldn't believe in a god, and also something about me being a libtard or something. Let's just say I haven't watched a lot of Friends since then.

You've got a lot to offer, Mag. You're funny and charming. You can rattle off lit and pop-culture references. You're fun. Then again, I could probably come up with a least one compliment for each of the regular AHers if I had to make a list.
I wasn't fishing or anything, but thanks! You're da best, Zahbles!

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
satanic
That got a right old chuckle out of me.

If you asked me I couldn't tell you the difference between atheism and agnosticism... so I don't know if this is one of those "core value" things or not.
Atheism - I don't believe there is a god at all.
Agnosticism - I believe that there might be a god, but I'm not sure.

There's not a HUGE difference there, but one of those is certain and stands his ground, and the other one is playing it safe and staying neutral - like Switzerland.

It's not what defines me or anything, but it was a gigantic deal to her, so that's why it was an issue. It would be the equivalent of a Christian who wasn't antagonistically so, but believed in what he believed in, and one day was pressured to start believing in Ganesh because it would make his girlfriend happy. I stood my ground on that one, even if I was willing to make that compromise.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-07-08 13:54:49
Link | Citer | R

The 'Friends' gal? I remember you gabbing about her way back when.
Yeah, that's the one. She couldn't get over the fact that I couldn't believe in a god, and also something about me being a libtard or something. Let's just say I haven't watched a lot of Friends since then.

You've got a lot to offer, Mag. You're funny and charming. You can rattle off lit and pop-culture references. You're fun. Then again, I could probably come up with a least one compliment for each of the regular AHers if I had to make a list.
I wasn't fishing or anything, but thanks! You're da best, Zahbles!

That's goofy. A carbon copy of yourself is a bore, but I guess that only matters to those who are tenaciously holding on to religion. She actually dubbed you "libtard"? Yeah. It seems like she didn't want someone to share with or learn from. You have to have a decent amount of give and take. Sounds like she wanted you to oblige her first and foremost.

/shakes head

Oh! I know you weren't. Everyone has redeemable qualities, as Nik stated. A little something for everyone.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-07-08 14:00:54
Link | Citer | R

It's not what defines me or anything, but it was a gigantic deal to her, so that's why it was an issue. It would be the equivalent of a Christian who wasn't antagonistically so, but believed in what he believed in, and one day was pressured to start believing in Ganesh because it would make his girlfriend happy. I stood my ground on that one, even if I was willing to make that compromise.

I would believe in ganesh... or satan if it was important to my wife. but as it turned out she is eastern orthodox and I was an excommunicated catholic. So we got married in her church and christened our kids but we don't go to church on every sunday or anything....

I'm a sucker for good story swaps too.

/shrug
does it have to be a good story? no? ok!

The arcadian life force intervenes!

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-07-08 14:10:12
Link | Citer | R

Seems like it was beneficial to you, Nik.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-07-08 14:10:47
Link | Citer | R

She couldn't get over the fact that I couldn't believe in a god, and also something about me being a libtard or something.

Jebuschrist Mag. Was she a business major and the president of the young republicans club too!? You really should have picked up on that sooner... what with the rush limbaugh fan club tee shirts and subscription to the news letter >.> LOL!

the tip off was the copy of mein kampf in the bookshelf but mag was too naive to realize she wasn't a german wwII era history major...
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-07-08 14:12:36
Link | Citer | R

Seems like it was beneficial to you, Nik.

oh yeah, all hail the lifeforce thingy.

it works in mysterious ways and junk
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-07-08 14:19:51
Link | Citer | R

Well, in my defense... She was very... "active".
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-07-08 14:23:13
Link | Citer | R

My wife hates religion, & I was raised catholic, & I don't know if I was excommunicated or not, but when I left, I'm positive the feelings were mutual.

[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-07-08 14:45:58
Link | Citer | R

Wait. Active in church affiliation, active in student political affiliations, or both?

You know, I did like the sense of community and the philanthropic aspects of church when I was involved in HS. I have to admit, I still like doing this and that for my nephew's Episcopal school even though that is few and far between, and more or less for my nephew rather than it being religious.

I think the final disconnect with me was the clusterfuck surrounding the attempt to get Lukas baptized. The sweetpea is a wayward Catholic too. At the pique of my frustration he was the one who tugged back on the reigns of clarity basically with, "It's just a competition to you now, isn't it?"
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-07-08 14:48:48
Link | Citer | R

Wait. Active in church affiliation, active in student political affiliations, or both?

I believe he meant active in the boudoir... it clouded his reasoning.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-07-08 14:58:22
Link | Citer | R

I miss coffee so god damn much.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-07-08 15:01:50
Link | Citer | R

I think the final disconnect with me was the clusterfuck surrounding the attempt to get Lukas baptized.

If obama has taught me anything, it's that reaching a decision opens the door to dissension. Just say something vague and non-committal like....

"We're just going to wait a little while"
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-07-08 15:03:00
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »
coffee....

don't mind if I do.....

/gets a refill
/sips loudly

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-07-08 15:04:38
Link | Citer | R

have an extra cup for me, you evil ***, you.

I'll do my best to enjoy this stupid green tea.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-07-08 15:13:15
Link | Citer | R

I see Mag [+]ed you, Nik!

Mag, enlighten us, please! Was she Baptist? LOL!

Siren.Mosin said: »
have an extra cup for me, you evil ***, you.

Got you covered.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-07-08 15:13:22
Link | Citer | R

I believe he meant active in the boudoir... it clouded his reasoning.
As sad as it is, ^this^. I think back to that Scrubs quote where JD said something along the lines of, "It's very rare to find that special someone who is willing to have sex with you on a regular basis."

That chick was really into the way I looked. It wasn't until later that I realized that my rugged beardy look is apparently a magnet to traditional, ultra-conservative ladypeoples.

I am a little ashamed about that dark part of my life, but now that such a thing is out of my system, I can concentrate on the important things, like personality and less about how much rubrub I can get.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-07-08 15:16:05
Link | Citer | R

Mag, enlighten us, please! Was she Baptist? LOL!
I'm not sure what she was. I remember her telling me that she actually belonged to a Christian commune sorta thing, so I'm just going to assume she was a cult member, or something. Either way, she was VERY intolerant of Democratic atheists.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-07-08 15:17:41
Link | Citer | R

Beards and scruff are pretty damn tempting.

Oh, come on. It was a learning experience.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-07-08 15:19:35
Link | Citer | R

It was a learning experience.
Yeah, dammit! I was such a young kid, back then! I was 27 and didn't know how the world worked, yet.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-07-08 15:22:01
Link | Citer | R

This is our year of introspection, reflection, and evaluation, Mag. We're crossing a damn threshold, damn it!

We can hold each other's hands through this.

EDIT: Double damns for double emphasis!
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-07-08 15:25:13
Link | Citer | R

Zah.

Zah...

I'm turning 30 in 2 and a half months.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-07-08 15:37:19
Link | Citer | R

Sorry, Mag. I'm practically peeing myself with excitement ATM.

Bringing it up the rear in December!

/high five
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-07-08 15:50:31
Link | Citer | R

No. No fives for you.

THIRTY!!!!

I'M OLLLLLLLLLLLD!!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-07-08 15:57:59
Link | Citer | R

[/spoiler]

gnosticism or agnosticism doesn't have anything to do with beliefs at all, and not all atheists have an expressed disbelief.

gnosticism has to deal with knowledge.

here, a picture that's just about right:

I'm not going to get into this further as the usual trolls will come out, but if you're going to try to explain what they are, then at least try to do it right.

as for the crazy chick: I'm sorry to hear that.

My douchebag friend of 20+ years had the bible and cross simultaniously shoved up his rear end (figuratively, assuming not literally) and I don't talk to him much anymore, not so much because of that, but more so on the douche part. Also: his girlfriend who stuck with him and moved several states over to be with him left him over that, and she was raised Catholic in NYC, and she couldn't put up with the severity of which he was being a dbag with his born again ***.

I don't hold to too many beliefs that don't have anything backing them up (I do a few) and I've tried to cut back on my ragging on people that do, but some of the ***one sees just makes you want to beat them with their bible.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-07-08 16:01:20
Link | Citer | R

The satanic comparison would be a lot funnier if it weren't so sad that many people equate the two. But, I still got a bit of a chuckle out of it.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-07-08 16:15:23
Link | Citer | R

So according to that chart, I'm Unlawful Good.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-07-08 16:20:43
Link | Citer | R

Funny you used that pic, Jet. If I remember correctly, when I first started posting here you have me ***about identifying myself as agnostic-theist, and kept correcting me by saying I was "deist".
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-07-08 16:57:56
Link | Citer | R

GO deutschland!
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss