Game: FFXI
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-03-20 16:23:16
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
WTF AM I GONNA DO WITH THAT CRYING BABY Z!?!??!
Hammock and Radiohead?

I was hoping for a better plan than I already had, silly.

Lay him on your chest, run your fingers up and down his back, and softly talk, sing, or read aloud to him. Those are my sleep coaxing techniques.

Most of that is just adapted from what males, baby to adult, seem to like anyway.

I also noticed he prefers being wrapped in a blanket that smells like me, so grab a throw your wife used.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-03-20 16:25:10
Link | Citer | R

Hammock and Radiohead?
Lay him on your chest, run your fingers up and down his back, and softly talk, sing, or read aloud to him. Those are my sleep coaxing techniques. Most of that is just adapted from what males, baby to adult, seem to like anyway. I also noticed he prefers being wrapped in a blanket that smells like me, so grab a throw your wife used.

that may save me.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-03-20 16:29:30
Link | Citer | R

Hammock and Radiohead?
Lay him on your chest, run your fingers up and down his back, and softly talk, sing, or read aloud to him. Those are my sleep coaxing techniques. Most of that is just adapted from what males, baby to adult, seem to like anyway. I also noticed he prefers being wrapped in a blanket that smells like me, so grab a throw your wife used.

that may save me.

He'll probably like the rumbly sound and feel of your deep voice too. Don't sell that short.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-03-20 16:32:43
Link | Citer | R

/takes a deep breath

we'll see.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-03-20 16:57:57
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Flavin said: »
Plus you miss out on so much stuff in that time... you come in and you've missed out on so many projects or calls and emails... we got a girl out right now for 6 weeks with a broken ankle lol... We have people in her dept. doing all of her work for her while she's gone though so you can imagine how happy that makes them lol...

Wait! Six weeks for a broken ankle? A friend who teaches Kindergarden had a ankle surgery and was only out two weeks a couple of years ago! You're in insurance. It's not like she's not going to be sitting on her *** in front of a screen all day.

That's just taking advantage in my eyes.

EDIT: She *** up a tendon when she hopped off a cement barricade when we were at a Robert Earl Keen concert. :/

She just had to prop it up and explain to the kids that they shouldn't get too rowdy around her.

DOUBLE EDIT: For reference...
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-03-20 16:59:57
Link | Citer | R

Plus you miss out on so much stuff in that time... you come in and you've missed out on so many projects or calls and emails... we got a girl out right now for 6 weeks with a broken ankle lol... We have people in her dept. doing all of her work for her while she's gone though so you can imagine how happy that makes them lol...
Wait! Six weeks for a broken ankle? A friend who teaches Kindergarden had a ankle surgery and was only out two weeks a couple of years ago! You're in insurance. It's not like she's not going to be sitting on her *** in front of a screen all day.

lmao. you lazy damn insurance adjusters. evil. evil to the bone I tells ya.

/shakes fist

you kids and your damn longboarding, we had short boards back in my day, & we liked it >:
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-03-20 17:03:29
Link | Citer | R

life is funny like that sometimes....

I got hit by a bus!

you ok?

yep, just a bruise.

then....

*** I have to get my arm amputated!

wha? why?

bug bite.

***!

I know!!!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2013-03-20 17:27:14
Link | Citer | R

So what do you do when faced with a decision that could either be a huge mistake, or the best decision of your life?
 Fairy.Spence
Serveur: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2013-03-20 17:30:07
Link | Citer | R

Do it
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2013-03-20 17:31:34
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-03-20 17:43:03
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said: »
So what do you do when faced with a decision that could either be a huge mistake, or the best decision of your life?

depends on the consequences. if prison / death aren't invovled, I'd agree with my cohorts.
 Siren.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-03-20 17:46:15
Link | Citer | R

yeah I couldn't believe the 6 weeks... also, I'm not an insurance adjuster...
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2013-03-20 17:48:04
Link | Citer | R

depends on the consequences. if prison / death aren't invovled, I'd agree with my cohorts.

Neither.

Looks like go for it is the consensus lol
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-03-20 17:49:15
Link | Citer | R

yeah I couldn't believe the 6 weeks... also, I'm not an insurance adjuster...

was being generic for added effect.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2013-03-21 06:23:01
Link | Citer | R

Morning Ni

I don't think I did too well on my test yesterday. I'm expecting the failing grade of a B
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-03-21 09:07:04
Link | Citer | R

Neither.

Looks like go for it is the consensus lol

As much as I like blind leaps of faith into the pit of despair...
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-03-21 09:22:17
Link | Citer | R

I take no stance... you get blamed and resented if it goes south or if you told em not to and it ends up that it would have worked out... it's all your fault I would of had xyz if not for you! then you have a curse placed upon your soul until you realize curses aren't real until a number of black cats start crossing your path and that mirror broke and omg someone is using an umbrella...

Then if it does work they usually forget about you and move on... you usually get an thank you or an oh who are you again? (***) Let's see who's cursing who now!
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-03-21 09:29:05
Link | Citer | R

Sup Mos...
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-03-21 09:47:44
Link | Citer | R

allo!

I like to give advice willy nilly. I figure if I've already been down that road, no point in not telling people about the rocks & snakes & ***they will see on the way.

also, I assume waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much, I must've watched more hours of dr. house then I should have, & just figure I know before I do.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2013-03-21 10:02:34
Link | Citer | R

Mosin! My liege! /glomp
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-03-21 10:10:02
Link | Citer | R

allo! I like to give advice willy nilly. I figure if I've already been down that road, no point in not telling people about the rocks & snakes & ***they will see on the way. also, I assume waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much, I must've watched more hours of dr. house then I should have, & just figure I know before I do.
Eh... it's all good to throw out advice as some people have a lot more experience with certain things... that being said people still need to learn to take that advice and make their own decisions... Relying on a survey usually just puts you in a position to blame someone else or keep relying on others for such situations... my little rant was, of course, an exaggeration but yea lol...

You gave me some solid advice last night... I'll keep it in mind when going forward with my ***... but in the end no matter where it takes me there's only one person to blame if things go wrong... that's me...

P.S. Before you pop a blood vessel Xueye... no I'm not saying you're going to blame anyone... just speaking my mind... move along now...
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-03-21 10:10:48
Link | Citer | R

Dr. House you say... maybe I shouldn't listen to your advice... that would mean you're experimenting with me in horrible ways before you actually get it right!
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-03-21 10:37:40
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
Mosin! My liege! /glomp

sup!

allo! I like to give advice willy nilly. I figure if I've already been down that road, no point in not telling people about the rocks & snakes & ***they will see on the way. also, I assume waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much, I must've watched more hours of dr. house then I should have, & just figure I know before I do.
Eh... it's all good to throw out advice as some people have a lot more experience with certain things... that being said people still need to learn to take that advice and make their own decisions... Relying on a survey usually just puts you in a position to blame someone else or keep relying on others for such situations... my little rant was, of course, an exaggeration but yea lol... You gave me some solid advice last night... I'll keep it in mind when going forward with my ***... but in the end no matter where it takes me there's only one person to blame if things go wrong... that's me... P.S. Before you pop a blood vessel Xueye... no I'm not saying you're going to blame anyone... just speaking my mind... move along now...

yeah-o some mf'ing truth right there.

Dr. House you say... maybe I shouldn't listen to your advice... that would mean you're experimenting with me in horrible ways before you actually get it right!

I've got kids for that.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-03-21 13:31:08
Link | Citer | R

I take no stance...

I would argue that not taking a stance is taking a stance that you refuse to take a stance....

And who knows, perhaps he and scuba steve are planning on beating each other with sacks of oranges for the insurance money in which case I wholeheartedly support their endeavor... nothing could possibly go wrong. /gives his blessing and encouragement.

/places a bet
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-03-21 13:33:20
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
I would argue that not taking a stance is taking a stance that you refuse to take a stance....
You evil ***...
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-03-21 13:35:40
Link | Citer | R

he'll show you.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-03-21 13:37:34
Link | Citer | R

It looks like my mustache still has some growing in to do...
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2013-03-21 13:51:59
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
As much as I like blind leaps of faith into the pit of despair...
Spoiler Alert! Click to view.

I would need more details before rendering my own judgement on said actions in the event that whatever bizarre set of circumstances occurred prior to this, caused such desperation that it would lead you to seek such council.... as my own.

Typically, I wait and gather as much information as possible. I move with lightning speed but only after I have all the available information. But I wait and listen and hypothesis, it is in my nature to do so, like a consigliere. I like to play devil's advocate.

What are we talking about? Gambling? With money or friendship or loyalties? Is this an investment scheme? What are you risking? Is it something you can afford to loose? But there are a great many variables and if I have to guess them all it will take a considerable amount of time that I don't have....

I got asked if I was ready to go to work full time and put school as a second priority. I would do both at once, only 9-12 credits/term for the last 2 terms. 40-50hr work weeks, 12 credit hours.

And my university, it is *** hard.

It would kill me for a year, but if it works out, my future is golden.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-03-21 13:56:08
Link | Citer | R

nothing worth anything is ever easy.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Serveur: Carbuncle