Forum » FFXI » General » Membership info HELP
Membership info HELP
 Ragnarok.Oddler
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Oddler7
By Ragnarok.Oddler 2009-07-13 17:14:13
Link | Citer | R

I'm looking to play the game again and I'm getting some technical difficulties re-subscrbing...here's the deal:

Well...none of my characters were banned and I left the game on good terms. Payed my bill and left. It's been like 2 years since I last played and I'm looking to get into the game again. My previous credit card has expired and will no longer allow me to use that default credit to bill my subscription and content IDs to.

I went into the area inside POL where you change your membership info and I changed my credit to my recent ones but it keeps saying I input the credit card info incorrectly AND OR the Server is busy. I tried 3 different and working credit cards to over write my previous billing information but each time it says the same crap. I probably tried (while re-entering the credit card info all over again) about 20 times. I know this can't be me inputting it wrong THAT many times. I don't know what to do.

I talked to the POL chat room guy and he was in the dark about everything and didn't know what to do and just urged me to keep trying and maybe it might work. Wishful thinking indeed, Mr. POL Representive guy.

Again:

The credit cards were working
I wasn't banned from the game
And I'm pretty sure I'm not screwing up copying the info from card to keyboard.

I don't know what to do.
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2009-07-13 17:19:16
Link | Citer | R

You need to leave about 20-30 minutes between each try with new card/s.
 Ragnarok.Oddler
By Ragnarok.Oddler 2009-07-13 17:35:36
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I've been inadvertantly doing that at times by being so frustrated I'd leave for a few hours before retrying. I've been at it for two days now :(

Just out of curiousity though since I think I might have found a problem...when it says to put in your zip code it has two boxes to type in. I'd put in my 5 digit USA area code but what's the second one for ? Maybe that's what's doing it but I've never seen that before in any online credit card / shopping fill-out form.
 Unicorn.Boyaci
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Boyaci
By Unicorn.Boyaci 2009-07-13 18:05:44
Link | Citer | R

Every US location has a zip + 4. If you look at junk mail (mail addressed to resident), it should be on there. However, it should not be required to "match" your info as I do not use it on my in-game billing information and it works just fine.

I've only had this problem once and I don't know if it was server congestion or what I did next but it's worth a shot...make sure you are capitalizing things that should be (first name, last name, street name, city name, etc). Once I used proper capitalization, it accepted the information just fine. Again, no idea if this was coincidence or the problem.

Maybe grab your credit card statement, if you get it by mail, and make sure you are typing everything exactly as it appears on there in terms of any abbreviations they might be using. Otherwise, do the obvious, check, double check and triple check the number, 3 digit security code, expiration date as you enter them.

Best of luck, hope you get back in soon, and welcome back!
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2009-07-13 18:18:26
Link | Citer | R

Sounds like a UK post code entry box,we typically have 3-4 letters and numbers in one box followed by another 3-4 letters and numbers in another box.
 Unicorn.Boyaci
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Boyaci
By Unicorn.Boyaci 2009-07-13 18:38:53
Link | Citer | R

US zip codes have been 5 + 4 since 1983; it helps the post office sort the mail more efficiently.

The + 4 will usually identify a geographic segment within the five-digit delivery area, such as a city block, a group of apartments, an individual high-volume receiver of mail or any other unit that could use an extra identifier to aid in efficient mail sorting and delivery.
 Ragnarok.Oddler
By Ragnarok.Oddler 2009-07-13 18:45:25
Link | Citer | R

Just out of curiousity...if I got a friend whos account is being paid by an up-to-date Credit Card and lets me mooch off his account...once it's online could I switch it out?

Would doing this toward the end of a month prevent him from paying?
 Remora.Eireamhon
Serveur: Remora
user: Eireamhon
By Remora.Eireamhon 2009-07-13 19:33:52
Link | Citer | R

Oddler said:
Just out of curiousity...if I got a friend whos account is being paid by an up-to-date Credit Card and lets me mooch off his account...once it's online could I switch it out?

Would doing this toward the end of a month prevent him from paying?

Probably not as far as your friend letting you use his CC. He will be charged as soon as you re-activate your IDs/account. LOL POL does want that money. XD Just becareful though as with all the LM-17 errors occuring now, you could put BOTH of your accounts in banhammer staus accidently. Otherwise it should be fine. Just see and try the other previous suggestions first. If you must resort to this last option of yours, you will just have to pay your friend back.

However, I will state again, becareful using your friends card as POL/SEI have been HARDCORE on "CC fraud" causing even legit players like myself and others using our OWN CCs to get LM-17 bans and investigated and such. You can check out what has happened to others here on the forums. Do a search for LM-17 banned again...Anyone else? and you should see the "link" for it.

Good luck and hope you can get back on. :D
 Ragnarok.Oddler
By Ragnarok.Oddler 2009-07-13 19:40:44
Link | Citer | R

Lm-17 ban? What exactly is that :3
 Remora.Eireamhon
Serveur: Remora
user: Eireamhon
By Remora.Eireamhon 2009-07-13 22:44:29
Link | Citer | R

Oddler said:
Lm-17 ban? What exactly is that :3

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=3681

If you get one you will see this: WARNING!
This account has been banned due to violation of the Playonline or Final Fantasy XI agreements. Accounts that have been banned will not be reinstated under any circumstances. Please refer to the "Account Penalties" page under "Online Manners" in the "Rules & Policies" section of the official website for details on account penalties. (LM-17)

If you copy and paste that link, it takes you to the start of the thread. On page 4 (http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=3681&page=4) <---this link, that is the screen you will see when you first try to access your account and sign into POL.

In the short version, it's some sort of "suspicious" activity on your account. It seems most players have had an issue or 2 or more that they have been "temp" banned for what looks to be CC fraud according to POL. But seems to be more along the lines of POL screwing up billing when ppl change their CC info do to expired CCs, a CC without enough funds (NSF Non Sufficient Funds), or other CC related issues.

Just becareful is all I wanted to say. I know what it's like to be out of the game for awhile and wanting to get back in so you'll try anything to get back. And even though permission may be given and all avenues legit, POL may see it another way. While that "way" is BS, we all have been fighting now since May when a MASS banning occured and they (POL) actually stayed open for emergency service over the weekend. Only problem is, they are still having issues. LMAO.

Check out the links and others on the forums and even via Google.