users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Voay sword
Voay sword
 Asura.Championxd
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Championxd 2013-08-07 13:37:39
Link | Citer | R

Is it just me, or with this sword the +70~ sword skill is not reflecting when wearing this sword, do anyone else have a issue with this
 Asura.Solara
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2013-08-07 14:22:54
Link | Citer | R

It's not supposed to.
[+]
 Asura.Championxd
By Asura.Championxd 2013-08-07 17:45:49
Link | Citer | R

It says on the weapon though.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2013-08-07 18:16:26
Link | Citer | R

did you try calling a gm?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-08-07 18:23:37
Link | Citer | R

+skill on new weapons with an ilevel are handled differently from +skill on gear and older weapons. It will not reflect in your skill menu, but it will reflect on your listed att value (as well as acc but that is not listed on any menu). You're essentially getting all the benefits of +skill from your main hand weapon, but you can't use the skill bonus to do things like access weaponskills you don't have a sufficient skill level for. It's working as intended.

On a less constructive note, that sword is amazingly ugly.
By Voren 2013-08-07 19:02:35
Link | Citer | R

Kind of weird when all other gear with skill+ on it lists values in the stats menu. I can't remember if those items also effected whether or not you could use a weapon skill before actually obtaining said skill level.

Also, that weapon looks like a rusted propelor dipped in a bull's ***, and washed off with ***. It's especially fugly when on the back of a 99WAR/DNC wearing full pearl gear. Just makes it stand out even more.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-08-07 19:07:20
Link | Citer | R

It did. Warriors could get full red Abyssea procs with merits and +skill gear to get weaponskills like Tachi: Koki.
By Voren 2013-08-07 19:13:19
Link | Citer | R

Thanks, been a while and couldn't remember. I tried to always keep my skills capped, or at least on jobs I cared about. One good thing about Abyssea was the ability to level fast and cap skills relatively quickly.

So, if all other gear shows in the stat menu and effects skills, why doesn't the new weapons? Is it because of the ungodly large amount of skill placed on said weapon?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-08-07 19:18:55
Link | Citer | R

To confuse everyone of course!