Ragnarok.Oddler
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Oddler7
By Ragnarok.Oddler 2009-07-13 04:59:27
Link | Citer | R

I haven't played in like two years and I just looked up Merits at:
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Merit

and correct me if I'm wrong....but did they UP the amount of merits you can obtain (again)? I've had a few accounts deleted with Lv. 75s on them and I'll disappear for a few years to realize the merit limit has been upped (or I'm just really hazy with the memory from years past).

For instance...I can now put a combined total of 10 merits into two separate Ancient Magic II for BLM and be able to successfully cap both? Same with Elemental and Enfeeble? Both can be capped now? And for Weapon and Defensive skills...I can cap two weapons with 8 merits per weapon AND also cap out Evasion? Am I dreaming? LOL

Could someone clarify this for me please? I feel like this is too good to be true and it might be a typo at the wiki.
 Gilgamesh.Onepenny
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Onepenny
By Gilgamesh.Onepenny 2009-07-13 05:01:11
Link | Citer | R

sounds about right
 Asura.Artemicion
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-13 05:22:15
Link | Citer | R

Yep, you can now put as many merits into group 2 as group 1 for job specific merits and they upped the maximum combat/magic skill caps to 20, meaning you can cap 2 weapon skills and 1 defensive, or 2 and a half weapon skills, 5 defensive skills, or what have you.

Happy meriting!
 Ragnarok.Oddler
By Ragnarok.Oddler 2009-07-13 05:25:11
Link | Citer | R

Ok...I just calculated how many merits it would take to achieve all of that and it's really too much to wanna say :x

One more question:

How much EXP per hour on average do end game parties make now? I know there's a bunch of factors for this and it is a pretty broad question...but try taking a shot at it...put a few numbers in my mind to see how far EXP PTs have advanced (since I only solo really...no ♥ for BLMs lolz)
 Asura.Artemicion
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-13 05:26:51
Link | Citer | R

Most merit parties are still at the old Colibri camp with the high and low ground camps. I'd say a good group would be about 13-15k xp/hr, more if you got exp ring and/or multiple bards or brd & cor combo.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-07-13 05:40:13
Link | Citer | R

I'm normally in PT's pulling 20-25k/hr, the best I've had is 34k/hr with a Lv.72 WAR/SAM. I generally don't use EXP Bands in merit pt's because I consider it a waste of a charge >_>
[+]
 Ragnarok.Oddler
By Ragnarok.Oddler 2009-07-13 05:51:06
Link | Citer | R

Errr...where are you EXPing at and whats your set ups usually out of curiosity?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-07-13 06:03:29
Link | Citer | R

Location: Nyzul Isle, Bottom left teleporter -> Left teleporter -> Exit.

Enemy: Greater Colibri, Middle or Lower Level is fine, I prefer Lower personally.

Setup: BRD/NIN(Me), BRD or COR /WHM(Whoever), RDM or WHM/SCH, WAR/NIN or NIN/WAR(Provoke without eating Elegy or dying in a second), 2x Heavy DD (SAM, WAR, DRG are good choices).

Typical Chain: 150
Lowest Chain: 56
Highest Chain: 277
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-13 06:16:17
Link | Citer | R

Without pulling mamools from the top or birds from bottom camp or wivres, middle colibri camp caps at 20k an hour. Bottom camp you can get more but generally speaking you won't.

I actually prefer the mamool at the top of bird camp, even without chaining any higher than about 8 the exp/hr can be up to ~25k.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2009-07-15 13:44:25
Link | Citer | R

did 34k/hr at bottom camp with
DRK/SAM (Apoc)
DRG/SAM (V.Fork)
WAR/SAM (me)
COR/WAR
RDM/WHM
BRD/NIN

it was awesome sight to see all the g.colibri's + wivres dead :o

we stopped at chain400 tho, seemed like a nice number
 Bahamut.Zorander
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2009-07-15 14:55:33
Link | Citer | R

My best was 33k xp/hr..Middle Camp
War/nin Ridill
War/nin Ridill
Brd/nin
Brd/whm
Cor/nin DD style
Rdm/whm <--me

It worked out awesome with 6 buffs..I don't remember what chain we got too chain 200 twice but decided it was a good time to WC.

And Middle Birds is the best camp IMO.
 Fairy.Kaoz
Serveur: Fairy
user: Loswa
By Fairy.Kaoz 2009-07-17 13:12:46
Link | Citer | R

All of 3 of those camps usually do pretty great. My personal best was on upper with mamools pulling a 302 chain and about 30k an hour easily, and usually without competition, set up I remember we had

DRK/SAM (me)
BRD/NIN
SAM/WAR
WAR/SAM
DRG/SAM
some other DD. Paeon did all the curing we needed on those mobs.
And if you are desperate enough and have smn75, just do an Astral Burn and get an assload of points in minutes.