Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Advice on gear and stuff
Advice on gear and stuff
 Asura.Gregalen
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gregalen
By Asura.Gregalen 2013-08-01 08:53:15
Link | Citer | R

So I'm leveling thf now (because i'm tired of dual boxing my thf alt that has substandard stuff but she's lv93 that I've had for years...back when it took skill to pull in dyna w/o screaming OMG WE'RE GOING TO DIE!!!)...

Anyway,

What gear should I be looking to getting? Just basically give me the run down for it. Currently lv30. Already have AF2+2 hands and AF3+2 feet for TH (and THF's knife).

Any help is appreciated.

Currently have 99blu and 99blm
By Pantafernando 2013-08-01 09:06:48
Link | Citer | R

Start with thurandaut set, then do wildeskeep reive for the magikarp hat, xux legs, buremte gloves. Those will make for an accessible tp and ws set. Skirmish dagger augmented post update will be better than any ah dagger.
After that, if you can join delves to get accessories, the kukri. More some gil for exenterator set and you will do pretty good.
Btw, if your goal is dynamis, i can say for experience (i dual box also in dyna), bst/dnc and thf/dnc is a sweet combination.
 Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Hidegger
By Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger 2013-08-01 09:13:56
Link | Citer | R

Isn't the point of the THF guide with tier'd sets so you don't have to ask the same questions as other starters in the job?

THF guide
[+]
 Asura.Gregalen
Serveur: Asura
user: Gregalen
By Asura.Gregalen 2013-08-01 09:19:41
Link | Citer | R

@Hidegger...

The point of asking the question is every thief out there has different opinions of what to get. I've looked at the guides and have ideas of what to get...Just wanted to ask other thiefs their opinions.
By Pantafernando 2013-08-01 09:20:57
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger said: »
Isn't the point of the THF guide with tier'd sets so you don't have to ask the same questions as other starters in the job?

THF guide

Well the guide need some updates. It dont consider the new wildeskeep armor. There is a gap between the nq and hq that can be filled by that.
 Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Hidegger
By Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger 2013-08-01 10:02:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Gregalen said: »
@Hidegger...

The point of asking the question is every thief out there has different opinions of what to get. I've looked at the guides and have ideas of what to get...Just wanted to ask other thiefs their opinions.

My opinion is don't level THF, you want to spend all your time farming new content with a job barely used in it to do out-dated dynamis? At this time only horn, shield, gun and bow are really worthwhile from farming Dyna. And, you only have blm and blu, 2 jobs not really considered for any end-game content. You'd be better off picking a job you can get invited with to farm gear and collect gear for jobs like blm, blu and thf on the side.