Forum » FFXI » General » Treasure Chest Crash
Treasure Chest Crash
 Ramuh.Anarkissed
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Nixie
By Ramuh.Anarkissed 2009-07-12 09:03:22
Link | Citer | R

Hello~ I just recently started using the unofficial windower (yesterday) and now, every time someone opens a treasure chest my game crashes all the way out. I was wondering if anyone knew the cause of this. I'm no expert, but i believe the .dat files are in working order, I've never altered them and the chests still appear normally, it just crashes me when they're opened.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-07-12 09:26:08
Link | Citer | R

You opened Pandoras Box!!!!!!!!!!
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-07-12 09:26:35
Link | Citer | R

:O
 Kujata.Nanyo
Serveur: Kujata
user: Nanyo
By Kujata.Nanyo 2009-07-12 09:37:06
Link | Citer | R

If it happened while opening a Chest it's possibly a error in the Dats I would think, although it doesn't sound like you've been messing with them by what you said.

Check over your Pluggin's they might have something to do with it also (IE Turn off all open chest and turn them on untill you crash again)
 Ramuh.Brahmdut
user: brahmdut
By Ramuh.Brahmdut 2009-07-12 09:47:04
Link | Citer | R

did u download the correct unofficial windower?
 Remora.Ninian
Serveur: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-07-12 10:04:49
Link | Citer | R

It probably is a .dat error, but it may not have anything to do with windower. Try repairing the .dats on POL viewer before you log in. It's on the left somewhere. I once had Attohwa Chasm crash on me whenever I zoned, and Ilrusi Atoll.

Edit: It's called Check Files on the left side before login.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Serveur: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-07-12 15:56:07
Link | Citer | R

Do the chests crash when you aren't using Windower as well? Natively Windower doesn't touch any .dat files itself, nor do any of the plug-ins as far as I know, but still, it'd be worth testing to see where the problem begins. As said, using Check Files should replace any corrupt files by the POL file server.
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-07-12 16:49:12
Link | Citer | R

http://windower.net/ - get the latest version here
http://forums.windower.net/ - check into bugs and/or report new ones here

It's not unheard of for seemingly mundane tasks to cause Windower to crash, a few updates ago getting Sanction while using it caused the game to freeze.

All in all you'll be better off asking in the Windower forums where the devs live as opposed to here, where the trolls live. :P
[+]
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Serveur: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-07-12 18:05:46
Link | Citer | R

In reply to Sammitch's post, just make sure it only occurs in Windower now and not in your normal game as well, and check the help threads/search before making your own post. The more you do beforehand to help yourself, the better chance they'll help you there.