Dream Armor Setups!!!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dream armor setups!!!
Dream armor setups!!!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Siren.Clinpachi
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-07-11 14:55:48
Link | Citer | R

it's exactly what would happen is 99% TP lol, samurai is the only job i get all pumped about i always have ever since FFT lol.

Otherwise i would never do math for a videogame :P

but yeah for most friends/LS mates i have told you CAN swap out body for WS... but you need to have hachi hands to keep the 6 hit... so theres some food for thought.

For samurai it can boil down to ALOT of preference or "this and that". and many people will sit there and scream haub+1 until they are blue in the face.

Like mentioned above.... if you have 18%+ haste, a 6 hit build, and some DA in there... it really doesn't matter what else you wear because it is all preference.

There are an unlimited amount of choices and swaps to do where you can keep your 6 hit. The set i posted and one you posted are ideal for highest DoT for most things in game.

:)
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-11 15:00:46
Link | Citer | R

Clinpachi said:
it's exactly what would happen is 99% TP lol, samurai is the only job i get all pumped about i always have ever since FFT lol.

Otherwise i would never do math for a videogame :P

but yeah for most friends/LS mates i have told you CAN swap out body for WS... but you need to have hachi hands to keep the 6 hit... so theres some food for thought.

For samurai it can boil down to ALOT of preference or "this and that". and many people will sit there and scream haub+1 until they are blue in the face.

Like mentioned above.... if you have 18%+ haste, a 6 hit build, and some DA in there... it really doesn't matter what else you wear because it is all preference.

There are an unlimited amount of choices and swaps to do where you can keep your 6 hit. The set i posted and one you posted are ideal for highest DoT for most things in game.

:)

i mean id rather keep Askar body on WS anyway lol, Lets compare there,

WS Osode Haci, +14 Str +10 Dex, lets ignore Stp cuz its 6 hit anyway

Askar Myo+1(In my sets case) +12 Str +7 Dex +2% DA +12 Atk

seems to be preferance, Osode set steadier high #'s but Askar set has that DA huge+ chance

Edit**

Before i merited more Stp i landed at 99% everytime i was like /wrists
 Siren.Bungie
user: Bungie
By Siren.Bungie 2009-07-11 15:13:20
Link | Citer | R

i just look at my own item sets when i want to see dream armor~

XD
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-07-11 15:16:50
Link | Citer | R

Honestly i would prefer to osode on WS and switch to hachi hands, i lose the chance at alkys for STR+11 but you have to trade off.

I'm still working to maats cap for my WS head piece but this new moogle expansion head piece for wyvern helm+1 is looking very nice for the WS ACC

Edit: and yeah bungie your in RD, it would be a crime for you NOT to have those things as much dedicated time to that LS i assume you have lol.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Serveur: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-07-11 15:18:13
Link | Citer | R

Are yall still talking Amano or regular setups now? lol A lot of this changes drastically when Amano isn't involved.

Everyone sees things differently with SAM, but in general I think it's pretty widely accepted that Askar in a TP build for a non-relic SAM does more harm than good. WS isn't so bad because of innate WS accuracy bonuses (not sure if this was ever confirmed as all Tachi 1-hit or just Gekko) being why -DEX and accuracy is kind of ignored for WS sets. TP or not, if Osode's an option for WS I prefer it just because of the slim amount of DA we can stretch out on SAM, you're still looking at nailing your DA percentage on 1 in 6 strikes assuming you WS everytime you nail 100% which may not be the case to see the worthwhile effect on the WS. Just seems a little too undependable to me.

Back to dreamz!
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-07-11 15:20:54
Link | Citer | R

Caiyuo said:
Are yall still talking Amano or regular setups now? lol A lot of this changes drastically when Amano isn't involved.

Everyone sees things differently with SAM, but in general I think it's pretty widely accepted that Askar in a TP build for a non-relic SAM does more harm than good. WS isn't so bad because of innate WS accuracy bonuses (not sure if this was ever confirmed as all Tachi 1-hit or just Gekko) being why -DEX and accuracy is kind of ignored for WS sets. TP or not, if Osode's an option for WS I prefer it just because of the slim amount of DA we can stretch out on SAM, you're still looking at nailing your DA percentage on 1 in 6 strikes assuming you WS everytime you nail 100% which may not be the case to see the worthwhile effect on the WS. Just seems a little too undependable to me.

Back to dreamz!

Askar + Amano only, otherwise absolutely haub is much better for TP.

EDIT: and yeah that's why i myself also prefer osode for WS and using hachi hands to keep 6 hit, too slim of a chance for DA WS. Better DoT wins.
 Sylph.Jax
Serveur: Sylph
user: MissJax
By Sylph.Jax 2009-07-11 15:34:51
Link | Citer | R

Anything from Absolute Virtue because not many of his items float around..
 Hades.Clack
Serveur: Hades
user: cocl
By Hades.Clack 2009-07-11 15:39:57
Link | Citer | R

I know a few people have full morrigan's, but this is pretty much my dream setup.

http://www.ffxiah.com/members/?q=item_sets&set_id=54026
 Remora.Ninian
Serveur: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-07-11 18:29:42
Link | Citer | R

Azulmagia said:
Ninian said:

@.@ Toreador's Cape is quite terrible. Also, Mars's Ring has -8 Evasion (you said it was an evasion build).

Boxer's > Toreador's, Divisor Ring/Rajas Ring > Mars's.

Ah thanks for the suggestion, overlooked the Mar's ring. And as for the Boxer's mantle, totally didn't think about eva skill. /wrists. I put in Raja's ring, though I'll never have one most likely (Tamas :<)

Medjal said:
Triton earring also gives -6 Eva kinda takes away from your eva also if you want more eva go with a evasion earring

Says +Eva to me unless my eyes are funky D:
 Hades.Medjai
user: medjai
By Hades.Medjai 2009-07-11 18:37:12
Link | Citer | R

Ninian said:
Azulmagia said:
[quote=Ninian]EVA tanking DNC

Medjal said:
Triton earring also gives -6 Eva kinda takes away from your eva also if you want more eva go with a evasion earring

nah my eyes were the funky ones but wouldnt evasion earring still be better since you dont lose the attack with it but you dont get the white box of fame with it either lol
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-07-11 18:39:13
Link | Citer | R

Medjai said:
Ninian said:
Azulmagia said:

Medjal said:

nah my eyes were the funky ones but wouldnt evasion earring still be better since you dont lose the attack with it but you dont get the white box of fame with it either lol

WHITE BOX <3 I think it's the same-ish. idkmath ; ; I'll go change it to make you happeh!! :D
 Hades.Medjai
By Hades.Medjai 2009-07-11 18:46:50
Link | Citer | R

Ninian said:
Medjai said:
Ninian said:
Azulmagia said:

Medjal said:

WHITE BOX <3 I think it's the same-ish. idkmath ; ; I'll go change it to make you happeh!! :D

**quotes Tugg Speedmen** you m-m-m-m-m-m-make me happy lol
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-07-11 19:02:34
Link | Citer | R

Page back in the thread, I know, but why Charger's over Forager's/Cerb+1?

CBA to post my own ideal gears, too many jobs with too many gear sets.
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
Serveur: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-07-11 19:03:59
Link | Citer | R

Medjai said:
Ninian said:
Azulmagia said:

Medjal said:

Wouldnt antares harness be better than SH+1? slightly more acc, but same evasion due to AGI, which also affects guard/parry ect?

-edit: thanks to Raenryong
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-07-11 19:07:31
Link | Citer | R

It has more acc when you factor in the 8dex~
 Titan.Genarf
Serveur: Titan
user: Genarf
By Titan.Genarf 2009-07-11 19:17:00
Link | Citer | R

honestly though if your gonna get a relic for sam yoichi > amano and thats ftw right there dmg wise always WS with yoichi use askar body to tp and a soboro to spam ws i think thats better then an amano period anyone else?
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2009-07-11 19:31:55
Link | Citer | R

http://ffxigear.com/?ref=13851 Best ninja gear setup ever for just about everything from solo to tank to even DD to kite and puller.
 Odin.Ahligieri
Serveur: Odin
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-07-11 19:45:07
Link | Citer | R

Kaioshin said:
http://ffxigear.com/?ref=13851 Best ninja gear setup ever for just about everything from solo to tank to even DD to kite and puller.

...chiv chain?

Anyways, this will be me...someday :(

http://ffxigear.com/?ref=13856
[+]
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-07-11 20:05:49
Link | Citer | R

Medjal said:

:3

Ultrarichard said:
Wouldnt antares harness be better than SH+1? slightly more acc, but same evasion due to AGI, which also affects guard/parry ect?

Yeaaah, I think you're right. lolguardparry ; ; NEVERRRR happens for me. Extra accuracy is nice, though--needs mah waltzes.
 Hades.Medjai
By Hades.Medjai 2009-07-11 20:31:01
Link | Citer | R

Nightfyre said:

Page back in the thread, I know, but why Charger's over Forager's/Cerb+1?

CBA to post my own ideal gears, too many jobs with too many gear sets.

because the attack helps more then the STR from cerb/foragers for mnk
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-07-11 20:39:28
Link | Citer | R

Only if you're not getting +1fSTR (25% of the time or if fSTR is capped).

Charger's is awfullllll...
[+]
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-11 20:53:47
Link | Citer | R

Raenryong said:

oh wait, der, cerbs +4 str +15 atk rapes +20 atk wtf was i thinking?

i feel stupid now
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-07-11 21:38:11
Link | Citer | R

Raenryong said:

And never if you're wearing Cerb+1, since it's a guaranteed fSTR +1.
[+]
 Titan.Guenhwyvar
Serveur: Titan
By Titan.Guenhwyvar 2009-07-12 00:32:04
Link | Citer | R

Medjai said:
Ninian said:
Medjai said:
Ninian said:
Azulmagia said:

Medjal said:

evasion skill> evasion, remember that. dnc has one hell of a build for this too considering its not a THF. Patricians cuffs, boxers mantle, evasion earring, emmisary boots, evasion torque, optical hat, askar body (or SH+1), dnc AF+1 legs, plus merits... I think you were on the right track, but I wouldnt be soloing mobs like this at 75 with that setup. macro in all evasion skill gear only while you are being beat on, macro in chr and vit for waltzes when you need to heal, and str/chr for weaponskills and quickly swap back.
 Asura.Secondary
Serveur: Asura
user: dakushabu
By Asura.Secondary 2009-07-12 00:32:41
Link | Citer | R

roflcopter
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-12 01:10:08
Link | Citer | R

Guenhwyvar said:
Medjai said:
Ninian said:
Medjai said:
Ninian said:
Azulmagia said:

Medjal said:

evasion skill> evasion, remember that. dnc has one hell of a build for this too considering its not a THF. Patricians cuffs, boxers mantle, evasion earring, emmisary boots, evasion torque, optical hat, askar body (or SH+1), dnc AF+1 legs, plus merits... I think you were on the right track, but I wouldnt be soloing mobs like this at 75 with that setup. macro in all evasion skill gear only while you are being beat on, macro in chr and vit for waltzes when you need to heal, and str/chr for weaponskills and quickly swap back.

lolwut?
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-07-12 01:25:21
Link | Citer | R

haha dude if DNC could use askar body, bricks would be shat.
[+]
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-12 01:42:01
Link | Citer | R

Clinpachi said:
haha dude if DNC could use askar body, bricks would be shat.

Indeed.
 Asura.Lordgenbu
Serveur: Asura
user: Lordgenbu
By Asura.Lordgenbu 2009-07-12 02:06:50
Link | Citer | R

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=95677

I'm almost done having this setup.
 Hades.Medjai
By Hades.Medjai 2009-07-12 09:30:57
Link | Citer | R

Lordgenbu said:
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=95677

I'm almost done having this setup.

kinda surpised your dream set up doesnt have shadow mantle, dring,ageis, valhalla body,valalla helm lol
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7