"You Were Obviously Impersonating The Special Task Force."

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Gilgamesh » "You were obviously impersonating the Special Task Force."
"You were obviously impersonating the Special Task Force."
 Pandemonium.Krebons
Serveur: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2009-07-10 18:45:51
Link | Citer | R

wow lol really need to delete that asura character, phail asura
 Odin.Moondaddy
Serveur: Odin
user: Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2009-07-10 18:56:06
Link | Citer | R

Scragg said:
I want someone to make it then activate on the linkshell community

i have my wifes charecter that is gettin deleted in few days (soon as i get my damn airship) i will gladly make a ls named thespecialtaskforce just for you
 Ifrit.Elmodfz
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Elmodfz
By Ifrit.Elmodfz 2009-07-10 19:08:17
Link | Citer | R

I can't believe the GM suspended the account even after breaking the LS. Do GM's actually do anything worth while? And don't even get me started on the STF, the amount of complaints about RMTs and bots I've made, giving them names, and why I know thier RMT or botting, is silly. And I like the get out clause they have saying they won't reply to any emails sent in. Its coz they sit on their fat ***' all day doing sod all about it!
I reckon I'd do a much better job then those people coz I actually give a ***seeing as I play the game and have to deal with all these RMT tells everyday, seeing tele bots etc everyday. Drives me up the wall!

/rant over
 Carbuncle.Kyri
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-10 19:12:19
Link | Citer | R

wow that gay, se has bigger fish to fry, like comeon>.>
 Asura.Artemicion
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-10 19:19:11
Link | Citer | R

Speed hacks, POS, and claim bots: OK!
Gardening and silly LS names: NOT COOL! BANNED!
[+]
 Odin.Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2009-07-10 19:19:15
Link | Citer | R

all right, you can still make a shell named specialtaskforce, gonna add it to ls community in a sec
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-10 19:21:33
Link | Citer | R

i remember a you tube video about a ls named "WeCyberAlot"
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-10 19:25:51
Link | Citer | R

GOD DAMN HACKS I TELLS YA!
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-10 19:26:47
Link | Citer | R

o.Oa
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-07-10 19:34:59
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
As with almost any linkshell that poses a problem with others, all it takes is a simple drop of the shell to get rid of the problem. Further action taken against the shell holder was totally unnecessary. The only exception would be if the LS name was something completely outrageous and offensive.

The person who made the shell had prior warnings on their account for 3rd PT tools I believe.

Can we stop with the shock and outrage over something that has always been a ToS violation? Joking or not you should know better than to impersonate SE staff. This is especially true for an HNM group that has likely pissed off a bunch of people on their server.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-10 19:35:56
Link | Citer | R

WHO THE *** READS THE TOS ANYWAY?!

no one reads the fine print
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-10 19:36:20
Link | Citer | R

but peps talk here.. i like talking, dont you? camping nm's is boring =/
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-10 19:41:43
Link | Citer | R

I LIKE TO *** COLOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru 2009-07-10 19:47:06
Link | Citer | R

Ridiculous. It's not the botters ruining this game anymore, it's POL and there whack policies and GM's. Now we need a whole new division separate from POL just to investigate the GM bannings...

This is seriously lame and I feel for anyone whose been screwed over in any way by these retards.

What makes this even worse is that banning are not disputable. Which in this circumstance it should be! Even in a Federal Criminal Case you can file an Appeal, Mistrial or request a new Judge/Jury.
 Remora.Dubont
Serveur: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-07-10 19:51:35
Link | Citer | R

ok i made a LS a few years back called WhoreHouse and nothing was done about it...i ended up breaking it b/c well..nobody would join >.> go figure...but the point remains that nothing was done about that...yet they gave a long *** suspension for STF..someone should throw a serious *** fit..
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
Serveur: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-07-10 20:27:14
Link | Citer | R

Wow, i recognise alotta names there mainly ppl i just /check while they are afk, and well no wonder i dont ever see chrys.

That really sucks, she was so agreeable and nice to the gm too, just over an ls name.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-10 20:31:54
Link | Citer | R

I LIKE TO *** SING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Fairy.Azulmagia
Serveur: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-07-10 20:51:08
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
If I made a linkshell called FinalFantasyXI I'd probably get sued and banned for copyright infringement.

There's a LS on Fairy named FinalFantasyXIV.
 Kujata.Akeda
Serveur: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2009-07-10 21:28:05
Link | Citer | R

Shindo said:
GM stated that person had one strike already from 3rd party programs

and she's still using it too.

That's a little harsh to get banned for a linkshell name though.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Serveur: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-07-10 21:57:33
Link | Citer | R

Pictures nuked, so just going to edit it to point back to BG instead I guess. D;

After a little back and forth on LJ you can kind of see the point in that surely there are some dumb-*** who'd fall for the trick in the case that they ever did try to convince someone that they were legitimate. lol Still, the ban seemed heavy and didn't really guarantee it wasn't a perma, but I guess that particular person just happen to be the wrong person at the wrong time for this. lol
 Gilgamesh.Eirenne
user: Eirenne
By Gilgamesh.Eirenne 2009-07-10 22:05:07
Link | Citer | R

Akeda said:
Shindo said:

What? You think you know this how? That strike was from something like 3 years ago, and I'd like to see what evidence you have that she is still using it.
 Gilgamesh.Eirenne
By Gilgamesh.Eirenne 2009-07-10 22:10:12
Link | Citer | R

Caiyuo said:
Pictures nuked, so just going to edit it to point back to BG instead I guess. D;

After a little back and forth on LJ you can kind of see the point in that surely there are some dumb-*** who'd fall for the trick in the case that they ever did try to convince someone that they were legitimate. lol Still, the ban seemed heavy and didn't really guarantee it wasn't a perma, but I guess that particular person just happen to be the wrong person at the wrong time for this. lol

That assumes that any of us had any intention of trying to convince people that we are the STF, which we did not. This was purely as a joke, because our chief competition has previously bragged about the bot they use, and it was an injoke based on that. We never had any intention of trying to say we are the STF, that we work for SE, or that we could ban people, etc. I did not like the name for the simple fact I don't think we should define ourselves by an outside LS and their actions, but this is still total *** and an overreaction. If we'd been saying ***to make people believe we were the official SE STF, then I could see it, but we weren't. Period.
 Odin.Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2009-07-10 22:13:37
Link | Citer | R

Eirenne said:
Akeda said:
Shindo said:

What? You think you know this how? That strike was from something like 3 years ago, and I'd like to see what evidence you have that she is still using it.

time stamps in the pic's give it away lol
 Gilgamesh.Eirenne
By Gilgamesh.Eirenne 2009-07-10 22:15:15
Link | Citer | R

Moondaddy said:
Eirenne said:
Akeda said:
Shindo said:

lol Windower? right... Not what the previous strike was for, I assure you.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Serveur: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-07-10 22:15:25
Link | Citer | R

Moondaddy said:
Eirenne said:
Akeda said:
Shindo said:

I loled harder then I should of =\
 Odin.Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2009-07-10 22:19:13
Link | Citer | R

soon as pol updates my payment info i will have that ls registered on community site and here. forgot to swap payment info on wifes character
 Gilgamesh.Vidian
user: Vidian
By Gilgamesh.Vidian 2009-07-10 22:30:02
Link | Citer | R

Eirenne said:
Akeda said:
Shindo said:

LOL
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Serveur: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-07-10 22:39:02
Link | Citer | R

Eirenne said:
That assumes that any of us had any intention of trying to convince people that we are the STF, which we did not. This was purely as a joke, because our chief competition has previously bragged about the bot they use, and it was an injoke based on that. We never had any intention of trying to say we are the STF, that we work for SE, or that we could ban people, etc. I did not like the name for the simple fact I don't think we should define ourselves by an outside LS and their actions, but this is still total *** and an overreaction. If we'd been saying ***to make people believe we were the official SE STF, then I could see it, but we weren't. Period.
Based on the icon I think I just talked to you on LJ lol, but yeah, I simply meant regardless of intent I can see the danger considering people have fallen for dumber things, and that they would want to hedge that out before something came of it, but like I said, banning at all as I think 90% can agree was excessive, but I guess that's just something to chalk up to that GM.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-10 22:43:34
Link | Citer | R

I impersonated an STFU member one time, made a player give me all his gear because I convinced him they were illegal goods.
 Odin.Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2009-07-11 13:16:11
Link | Citer | R

ok, go to ls comunity and search specialtaskforce odin server