Washington State Gets Rid Of "sexist" Language

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Washington state gets rid of "sexist" language
Washington state gets rid of "sexist" language
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 23 24 25
By Drjones 2013-07-12 10:51:15
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »
let's go back to burning bras.

Im still bummed I missed out on that.
You just wanted to see some nipples didn't you?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-07-12 10:54:37
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Paternity is not about convenience, you're doomsday vision about it is completely fruit of your paranoia(or inability to see that there are men with feelings in the world).

Marriage is different sure, excluding the obvious religious motives which is worthless including, is a contract. And there are benefits to it, I am not well versed with laws(let alone american ones)but I believe things like insurance have an incentive with marriage.

And besides, marriage for many can be merely a celebration. People throw birthday parties too you know.

Also, just because there exist some golddigger women in the world, doesn't mean all are, just like not all men are the same. You seem to have a tendency at taking a small negative case and turn it into the "most common".

Not small, I'm following trends and causality.

Feelings... LMAO

The "contract" your talking about is marriage 1.0 where obligations were divided up between both parties, the new version is a broken one and lopsided. The new one has no obligations for women yet maintains the same obligations for men.

If feminism maintains it's current trajectory then in about 30 years western society will cease to function. The market of men willing to "play dad" and the number of women approaching / hitting the wall is lopsided and the disparity will continue to grow. There will still be some marriages and some children, but the numbers don't tell a pretty story. This will be a giant social problem in 30 years.

If you want a prime example, Japan is already going through this issue. Due to economic factors men aren't getting married nor having family's, the projected low birthrates has the country's government in a frenzy trying to find some way to increase birthrates or find some method for substitute labor.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-07-12 10:57:09
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Feelings... LMAO
This shows how closeminded you are. Believing that people don't take life-changing decisions solely based on that. You are completely alienated or something.
By Drjones 2013-07-12 10:57:14
Link | Citer | R

Lower birthrates are a good thing. There's too goddamn many people already.
[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-12 10:57:20
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
You assume that all men look at marriage logically or financially. People marry for numerous reasons and very little of it comes down to an objective look at dollars and cents because well love, partnership, social factors or any number other emotions come into play. The American drive to be married before ~35 also forces the hands of adults to pair off or risk being socially stigmatized as being damaged goods by their peers. This is one reason marriage fails, people jump into it because they are expected to rather than being prepared to.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

http://www.foryourmarriage.org/factsfigures/

http://www.economist.com/news/united-states/21569433-americas-marriage-rate-falling-and-its-out-wedlock-birth-rate-soaring-fraying

And that took me 2 min.

A little more digging

http://www.marriageministry.us/journalist-says-declining-marriage-rates-means-marriage-has-evolved/

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704409004576146321725889448.html

Just because a man has a d!ck doesn't mean women will seek him out for marriage material.

Again, I don't see where you debunked anything I said. Unless you're postulating that everyone gets married on logical grounds? Some people do get married for love and it works for some while others pull the wool over their eyes and fail to realize that the love isn't mutual or the sole glue that keeps a marriage together. Marriage is such a delicate game of balance that for many yes, it won't work because of its innate complexities. You are committing yourself to one person for the rest of your life afterall.

I don't see where women somehow opened the floodgates of high divorce rates and I'd put forth the argument that it was social pressure and religious forces that kept marriages together prior to 1960. Leaving your husband/wife prior would mean to socially ostracize yourself and your offspring which naturally hinders divorce rates. If anything, we're getting a true snapshot of reality now that you can walk away from your abusive husband/wife or explore other options when the marriage starts to flounder. You're free to express your distaste with your partner rather than lying to keep up appearances by leaving rather than wasting your life living a lie.

As much as it pains me, religion does wonders for keeping people tied together for life and I need only quote your own source:

Quote:
The rate of satisfaction in marriage is higher for husbands and wives when both regularly maintain religious attendance and feel that God is the center of their marriage. (The State of Our Unions 2011, 31, 33)
Back then also people learned to accept a person for who they were because of religion, pressure, etc. Flaws and all, they stick through it because of the word of God and for the love of their significant other.

Nowadays people get divorced because they don't like the way their husband clips his toenails or wife spends a long time in the bathroom. Inb4 "that doesn't apply to everyone", I know, I'm using an example.

Point is people nowadays expect "perfect", and when something isn't, they don't bother to try to fix it (that or the stress of everything coming down prevents them from doing so, kids, bills, etc.). They give up and think "well that one didn't work, the next one will though, I know it."
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-07-12 10:59:19
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Applebottoms said: »

They say history repeats itself, I'd give it some time.

but in 20-30 years I might be too old to care! :O
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-12 11:00:19
Link | Citer | R

Drjones said: »

Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-07-12 11:01:04
Link | Citer | R

Still haven't demonstrated any incentive for successful males to get married (to western females).

Humans operate off incentives.

I just gave you an incentive and one that piques the interest of most people once they reach a certain age: Children.

Having a child is probably the greatest investment you can make as an individual. The ability to pour some of your knowledge into another being, to see that individual go from a tiny child crawling to crossing the graduation platform at a college and growing into an adult who becomes a member of society as your begin your exit off the stage of life. What more incentive do you want than your own personal satisfaction and the continued existence of your lineage?

Part of that process is having a female who can contribute to the process of childrearing. What makes the ideal female is a matter of opinion.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-07-12 11:02:08
Link | Citer | R

country's government in a frenzy trying to find some way to increase birthrates or find some method for substitute labor.

China!

Point is people nowadays expect "perfect", and when something isn't, they don't bother to try to fix it (that or the stress of everything coming down prevents them from doing so, kids, bills, etc.). They give up and think "well that one didn't work, the next one will though, I know it."

my wife & I had a lot of issues with this. luckily I was a realist, & was able to convince her that nothing worth while is easy.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-07-12 11:02:35
Link | Citer | R

what.... a..... tease.....
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-07-12 11:06:40
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
I don't see where women somehow opened the floodgates of high divorce rates and I'd put forth the argument that it was social pressure and religious forces that kept marriages together prior to 1960. Leaving your husband/wife prior would mean to socially ostracize yourself and your offspring which naturally hinders divorce rates. If anything, we're getting a true snapshot of reality now that you can walk away from your abusive husband/wife or explore other options when the marriage starts to flounder. You're free to express your distaste with your partner rather than lying to keep up appearances by leaving rather than wasting your life living a lie.

That's not what most divorces are about. Most divorces are filed by women not men. The most common reason isn't abuse or infidelity but "dissatisfaction". It's other name is "irreconcilable differences".

Women are divorcing men because they are no longer "happy". Female hypergamy now has no social constraints. The moment the female "feels" that the male is no longer (if he ever was) a sexual partner she immediately starts to seek other higher value males. Most cases of infidelity are not the husbands but the wives.

The entire social system of marriage and monogamy was created to constrain this hypergamy and ensure clear property transfer from father to child. Without the support for that social system (*** shamming, restricted access to divorce, female obligation) there is nothing preventing the animal instincts from taking over and doing what they were evolved to do. That system then starts to break down and cease's to function for it's intended purpose.

People need to seriously take a step back and realize that this is all connected. These are not separate unrelated issues. When you take a step back and look from the outside you can see the whole damn thing.
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-12 11:07:13
Link | Citer | R

country's government in a frenzy trying to find some way to increase birthrates or find some method for substitute labor.

China!

my wife & I had a lot of issues with this. luckily I was a realist, & was able to convince her that nothing worth while is easy.
Exactly, realizing that being with someone for the rest of your life isn't always going to be sunshine and puppies is the most important thing of a good marriage/relationship. That's the misconception with a lot of men AND women nowadays, both with different mindsets.

Moved in with my boyfriend, did I expect perfection? I expected us to fight a lot more, get irritated with each other's habits and realizing we're two different people from two different backgrounds. Does that mean we love each other any less? Nope, we accepted these facts. We work together through our problems and grow even more as a couple. It will always be an everyday struggle we'll work through.

Acceptance and realism is the difference between a 25 year marriage and one that ends in 72 days.
[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-12 11:07:41
Link | Citer | R

what.... a..... tease.....
I AM a woman, after all. XD

LAWL
[+]
 Asura.Sthrnrebel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Sthrnrebel 2013-07-12 11:07:44
Link | Citer | R

One of the biggest things that got to me when I was on active duty in the Navy was that women are constantly screaming "equality, equality. We can do anything a man can do!" If that's the case, then why do the Physical Readiness Tests, which mandate if you are allowed to stay on active duty or be separated, have such skewed factors in favor of making things easier for women?

I am not a male chauvinist by any means, but if you want to jump around and advocate an equality propaganda, to quote a German friend of mine, "the Golden Gate swings both ways". If a woman wants equality, the bare nature of the word means it's universal. You don't get to pick and choose what you want to be equal about. It should be an all or nothing type of thing if you're advocating for a stand. Rosa Parks, Harriet Tubman, Martin Luther King Jr, and all the rest of the martyrs and activists fighting for Black equality didn't justify equality in some things, they fought for total and unilateral equality.

Here are the official listing from the Navy's PRT Standards on the official site:

http://www.navy-prt.com/malestandard/20-24.html

MALES: AGE 20 TO 24 YEARS

PERFORMANCE POINTS CURL PUSH 1.5-MILE SWIM
CATEGORY UPS UPS RUN 500-YD 450-M

"Maximum" 100 105 87 8:30 6:30 6:20
Outstanding 90 98 81 9:15 7:30 7:20
Excellent 75 87 71 10:30 8:45 8:35
Good 60 58 47 12:00 11:30 11:20
Satisfactory 45 46 37 13:30 13:00 12:50
Failure <45 <46 <37 >13:30 >13:00 >12:50

http://www.navy-prt.com/femalestandard/20-24.html

FEMALES: AGE 20 to 24 YEARS

PERFORMANCE POINTS CURL PUSH 1.5-MILE SWIM
CATEGORY UPS UPS RUN 500-YD 450-M

Maximum 100 105 48 9:47 7:15 7:05
Outstanding 90 98 44 11:30 8:45 8:35
Excellent 75 87 39 13:15 10:00 9:50
Good 60 58 21 14:15 13:15 13:05
Satisfactory 45 46 16 15:30 14:30 14:20
Failure <45 <46 <16 >15:30 >14:30 >14:20

For all you feminist activists out there, does this look unfavorable for women? Because, call me a pig man dog or whatever, looks like women have it a lot easier and better than a man does, when we are supposedly training for the same job and the same pay. Seems a bit skewed in your favor...
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
Serveur: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2013-07-12 11:08:06
Link | Citer | R

My guess is Saeval needs to visit an endocrinologist and get his hormonal imbalance taken care of. :)

Also... if you're really concerned about being entrapped by a pregnant woman (because I can really imagine a woman who would want anything to do with you) perhaps you should look into a vasectomy.
 Bismarck.Longkissgnight
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Longkissgnight 2013-07-12 11:10:27
Link | Citer | R

Watch the ladies inner hamsters start to spin into hyperdrive.

Quote:
But really??? We get bonus points for being thought of as inferior to making money????? F you

Yep one of those leftover laws from "Patriarchy!!!10101" and Marriage 1.0.

Stunningly feminists seem to of completely forgot about those little gems in their crusade for "equality" and "girl power".

Same as child custody laws and mandatory arrest laws.

I honestly can not understand how someone can be so ignorant. If women are held back from the highest paying jobs, and have to fight for jobs against people who are believed to be superior at the jobs we are applying for, then what would you suggest? Would you prefer concentration camps? I would, because Idrather be executed then starve to death. Wouldn't you?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-07-12 11:12:00
Link | Citer | R

I suppose he had a bad experience(or more than one), and generates all his paranoia from there.

There is no grand scheme, at the end of the day men and women are the same, they are people, there are good and bad ones, people that take advantage of you and those who don't. Stop acting like women are some kind of evil power.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2013-07-12 11:15:00
Link | Citer | R

Or was that strawmen?

strawperson
+1 FOR POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-07-12 11:16:25
Link | Citer | R

Still haven't demonstrated any incentive for successful males to get married (to western females).

Humans operate off incentives.

I just gave you an incentive and one that piques the interest of most people once they reach a certain age: Children.

Having a child is probably the greatest investment you can make as an individual. The ability to pour some of your knowledge into another being, to see that individual go from a tiny child crawling to crossing the graduation platform at a college and growing into an adult who becomes a member of society as your begin your exit off the stage of life. What more incentive do you want than your own personal satisfaction and the continued existence of your lineage?

Part of that process is having a female who can contribute to the process of childrearing.

Did you miss the point about out-of-wedlock births skyrocketing?

Marriage is not required for children. It wasn't required for children 6 million years ago. Not even 100,000 years ago.

And without the social systems that were in place for the last 20,000 years or so, we're reverting to our ancient means of procreation.

I will eventually have children. Contrary to what many here believe I do want a family, my parents are still married after 30 years and I believe it is a worthwhile investment. The western idea of marriage is a sham, it's a scheme for women to milk money and resources from men like vampires. Some do their milking responsibly, most do not.

When I decide to have children it will be with a women from a more conservative culture / background where the supporting social structures required for marriage still exist. I'm not joking when I say that the vast majority of the people I've known or worked with are divorcee's. Some of them I was with during their divorce and I got a nice front row view. All of their stories follow the same pattern. Most remarried to an East Asian women while the two women are now dating someone else (both women are divorcees).

I'm going purely on numbers and biology here (technically evolutionary psych). ***happens for a reason.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-07-12 11:18:11
Link | Citer | R

it's a scheme for women to milk money and resources from men like vampires
[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-12 11:19:04
Link | Citer | R

No wonder why Twilight is so popular..
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-07-12 11:20:49
Link | Citer | R

Blazed1979 said: »
Or was that strawmen?

strawperson
+1 FOR SARCASM!

ftfy
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-07-12 11:24:17
Link | Citer | R

I suppose he had a bad experience(or more than one), and generates all his paranoia from there.

There is no grand scheme, at the end of the day men and women are the same, they are people, there are good and bad ones, people that take advantage of you and those who don't. Stop acting like women are some kind of evil power.

Men and Women ARE NOT THE SAME. Biologically nor mentally. Both components of the species have their brains wired differently with different instincts and separate sexual strategies. Their equal but definitely not the same.

Women are not anymore evil then men are. They are merely following their biological imperatives the same as men. Feminism is currently about enhancing women's biological imperatives while impairing mens.

Understanding the differences between those two sexual strategies and biological imperatives is key to understanding the social dynamic and power balance between men and women.

Of course all this logical debate doesn't fit well with your preconceived fem-centric world view. So emotional "feelings" based reasoning is what's used.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-07-12 11:25:36
Link | Citer | R

No wonder why Twilight is so popular..

Read 50 shades of grey. It's hilarious because there is a very strong subtext that females completely miss.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-07-12 11:25:53
Link | Citer | R

you guys know what I think is really funny? I think I heard this point somewhere, but it rang so true.

most divorced dudes I know:

"that *** is CRAZY. there's no *** way I could've stayed with her"

me:

"you have any kids?"

general divorced dude:

"O ya, 2"

me:

"where do they live?"

GDD:

"with her."

me:

/mindfuckingblown.jpeg
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-07-12 11:30:37
Link | Citer | R

your preconceived fem-centric world view
?
I go by the assumption that people are a complexity of psychological intricancies which regulate their instincts based on those, not animals. And while there are driving factors in your gender they are not what you claim them to be, you really understimate people it seems.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-07-12 11:31:42
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

That's not what most divorces are about. Most divorces are filed by women not men. The most common reason isn't abuse or infidelity but "dissatisfaction". It's other name is "irreconcilable differences".

Women are divorcing men because they are no longer "happy". Female hypergamy now has no social constraints. The moment the female "feels" that the male is no longer (if he ever was) a sexual partner she immediately starts to seek other higher value males. Most cases of infidelity are not the husbands but the wives.

The entire social system of marriage and monogamy was created to constrain this hypergamy and ensure clear property transfer from father to child. Without the support for that social system (*** shamming, restricted access to divorce, female obligation) there is nothing preventing the animal instincts from taking over and doing what they were evolved to do. That system then starts to break down and cease's to function for it's intended purpose.

People need to seriously take a step back and realize that this is all connected. These are not separate unrelated issues. When you take a step back and look from the outside you can see the whole damn thing.

So you feel that feminism having awakened women to their rights as human beings to be happy, to be satisfied and to make informed choices will undermine the entire structure of Western Civilization? Jeez, will civilization fall apart if a stiff breeze hits it from the wrong angle?

Asserting that women solely 'marry up' ('up' defined as finances or social standing) says alot about the type of women you mingle with if that's all they see interest in. But like I said before, ideal females are a matter of opinion. Further, citing sex as the sole reason women pair off with men is also completely astounding and discounts the numerous other factors that determine if a relationship is going to work or not. Just as men have a catalog of criteria that need to be met in order for happiness to be met, so do women.

Why shouldn't they?

There is one thing you have right though and that is the fact that women have the ability to pull the plug now in ways they did not in previous generations. Just as men can leave their wives the moment that the body starts to give way to age, cheat when they aren't getting it at home or plot divorce when money stops coming in so can women.

I don't see how either sex is any more conniving, underhanded and selfish than the other. Women can choose to be as ruthless as men.

And yes, I agree that there are double standards women like to play that isn't equality moreso trying to one-up men but hey, isn't that what men do?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-07-12 11:32:56
Link | Citer | R

you guys know what I think is really funny? I think I heard this point somewhere, but it rang so true.

most divorced dudes I know:

me:

"you have any kids?"

general divorced dude:

"O ya, 2"

me:

"where do they live?"

GDD:

"with her."

me:

/mindfuckingblown.jpeg

Let me translate

Quote:

She was amazing prior to marriage, afterwards she was unhappy because her life didn't resemble Carrie Bradshaw's and her new husband had no idea how to run a marriage. Her value of her mate rapidly fell after a few years and she stated looking elsewhere while using passive aggressive antics to irritate her husband. Eventually ***went nuclear as her emotional desire to GTFO conflicted with her "married" status.

Divorce happened and most states automatically award the women primary custody unless contested. If the women doesn't agree to joint custody then it gets very expensive to prove her unfit. While she's at it the judge orders the male to pay her money every month for the rest of her life, even if she's shacking up with another man or remarries.
[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-12 11:35:37
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

So you feel that feminism having awakened women to their rights as human beings to be happy, to be satisfied and to make informed choices will undermine the entire structure of Western Civilization? Jeez, will civilization fall apart if a stiff breeze hits it from the wrong angle?

Asserting that women solely 'marry up' ('up' defined as finances or social standing) says alot about the type of women you mingle with if that's all they see interest in. But like I said before, ideal females are a matter of opinion. Further, citing sex as the sole reason women pair off with men is also completely astounding and discounts the numerous other factors that determine if a relationship is going to work or not. Just as men have a catalog of criteria that need to be met in order for happiness to be met, so do women.

Why shouldn't they?

There is one thing you have right though and that is the fact that women have the ability to pull the plug now in ways they did not in previous generations. Just as men can leave their wives the moment that the body starts to give way to age, cheat when they aren't getting it at home or plot divorce when money stops coming in so can women.

I don't see how either sex is any more conniving, underhanded and selfish than the other. Women can choose to be as ruthless as men.

And yes, I agree that there are double standards women like to play that isn't equality moreso trying to one-up men but hey, isn't that what men do?

Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-07-12 11:36:48
Link | Citer | R

your preconceived fem-centric world view
?
I go by the assumption that people are a complexity of psychological intricancies which regulate their instincts based on those, not animals. And while there are driving factors in your gender they are not what you claim them to be, you really understimate people it seems.

If you think that then your horribly wrong.

Humans are animals first and foremost. We spent 100+ million years developing as animals. There are parts of our brain that are still reptilian. Consciousness and rational are the most recent additions, only a few million years old. Your consciousness gets absolute last vote about what to do, it only holds veto power. It has zero effect on your subconscious which is the center for your emotions and sex drive. You can rationalize all day long that you like short fat guys, if your subconscious decides that a tall tan greek god is what it wants, then your going to fall "in love" with that tan greek god and cheat on your short fat husband.
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 23 24 25