Washington State Gets Rid Of "sexist" Language

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Washington state gets rid of "sexist" language
Washington state gets rid of "sexist" language
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 23 24 25
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-07-10 17:43:41
Link | Citer | R

part of being a man is having enough sense to know not to smash your fellow human beings.

women are (generally) weaker physically than men. I could probably kill my wife with my bare hands. she would have to roofie me & then choke me out. gender equality aside, there is a difference in the sexes physically, & thus should be part of the equation when determining any / all respones. I have been beaten by women, did I loose my *** & pound them like it was an MMA free for all? nope!

so, in summery, *** ya blazed, person B is fault.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: khrnos
By Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos 2013-07-10 17:52:39
Link | Citer | R

Catherine Kieu drugs her husband, straps him onto the bed, waits for him to wake up, cuts off his penis with a kitchen knife, tosses it into the garbage disposal and turns it on. All because? He was divorcing her.

Response: "He probably deserved it. Hahaha".

Chris Brown beats up Rihanna because she's acting like a crazy ***.

Response: National outrage. What a piece of ***.

But I'm probably missing a few things and oversimplifying it.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-07-10 17:52:57
Link | Citer | R

To me you have to ask yourself this... was Chris Brown ever in danger? Self defense is only using a reasonable amount of force to protect yourself from harm... If you're only going to get a few bumps or scratches from someone it isn't allowed to respond with overwhelming force... Intent is another issue... was she coming at him with the intent to cause great physical harm or was she just upset because she found out some extremely upsetting news and more flailing about... Don't get me wrong I don't advocate violence from anyone and in the case of the fork stabbing she should not have gotten off... even more so cuz she admitted herself that he only struck her once after she put a fork in his chest...

Was just saying why it was like that last time as opposed to this time... and like I said in your friends case when someone is stabbing you you should do something...

People do seem to be fascinated by other peoples drama... and man does judge judy make bank off of that... though she is no longer an actual judge... just precedes over arbitration... though they do get most of their participants out of small claims court...

Funny that you bring getting hit at a bar... Recently worked on a case like that and there is legal precedence under liquor and general liability where the establishment can be held responsible for injuries a patron sustains on or even off their premises in certain cases... To me people looking for their medical bills to be covered aren't really wrong in doing so in some cases... it's usually the people that start to look for all kinds of awards from pain and suffering and the like that are a zit on societies ***...
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-07-10 17:53:02
Link | Citer | R

Don't look now Mosin but you've become a mysogynist.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2013-07-10 17:54:04
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »
part of being a man is having enough sense to know not to smash your fellow human beings.

women are (generally) weaker physically than men. I could probably kill my wife with my bare hands. she would have to roofie me & then choke me out. gender equality aside, there is a difference in the sexes physically, & thus should be part of the equation when determining any / all respones. I have been beaten by women, did I loose my *** & pound them like it was an MMA free for all? nope!

Hold up a sec,
Let me clear something up:

1. Physical Retaliation does not mean put them in intensive care.
2. I'm not saying they should end up looking like Rihana - ever - unless that is what it took to stop her/him. (which is not likely, but not impossible - ever fought with someone who was really drunk? They can take a pounding before they relent)

Also, if you're going to use women's different physiological and psychological build and makeup, then also accept men's.

Men are not designed by nature or evolution to sit there and take hits without getting violent.

Do not use violence period. If you want to avoid violence, do not introduce it.
 Valefor.Applebottoms
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-10 17:54:25
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »

Well let's put it this way.

Woman A and Woman B get in a fight. Both are arrested for assault on the other.

Man A and Man B get in a fight. Same thing happens.

Man A and Woman B get in a fight. Man A only gets charged while Woman B walks free, because a man should know better.

I'm not disagreeing with you that men should show restraint to not hit a woman.. but for a woman to hit a man and not even get punished is just as bad a crime. It's still hitting someone, man or woman.

Then again.. what happens if it's a transsexual.

OH GOD CAN OF WORMS.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-07-10 17:55:44
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos said: »
Catherine Kieu drugs her husband, straps him onto the bed, waits for him to wake up, cuts off his penis with a kitchen knife, tosses it into the garbage disposal and turns it on. All because? He was divorcing her.

Not really sure who that is but I can say for sure that I would never laugh off what Kieu did or could I imagine any other guy would at least... Thats *** up...
 Cerberus.Tikal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2013-07-10 17:57:15
Link | Citer | R

Mosingynist?

Had to. Carry on.
[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-10 18:00:57
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Mosingynist?

Had to. Carry on.
SO. PUNNY.
By Blazed1979 2013-07-10 18:01:21
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Flavin said: »
To me you have to ask yourself this... was Chris Brown ever in danger? Self defense is only using a reasonable amount of force to protect yourself from harm... If you're only going to get a few bumps or scratches from someone it isn't allowed to respond with overwhelming force... Intent is another issue... was she coming at him with the intent to cause great physical harm or was she just upset because she found out some extremely upsetting news and more flailing about... Don't get me wrong I don't advocate violence from anyone and in the case of the fork stabbing she should not have gotten off... even more so cuz she admitted herself that he only struck her once after she put a fork in his chest...

Was just saying why it was like that last time as opposed to this time... and like I said in your friends case when someone is stabbing you you should do something...

People do seem to be fascinated by other peoples drama... and man does judge judy make bank off of that... though she is no longer an actual judge... just precedes over arbitration... though they do get most of their participants out of small claims court...

Funny that you bring getting hit at a bar... Recently worked on a case like that and there is legal precedence under liquor and general liability where the establishment can be held responsible for injuries a patron sustains on or even off their premises in certain cases... To me people looking for their medical bills to be covered aren't really wrong in doing so in some cases... it's usually the people that start to look for all kinds of awards from pain and suffering and the like that are a zit on societies ***...

Guys have you ever been in a physical fight? Honestly man, when you get slapped in the face, do you think your brain is working rationally without the effects of adrenaline and testosterone + your brains natural inclination to meet force with force?

When you get hit, trust me your brain isn't going to send signals to your fists and your legs telling them to "hold on a sec guys, lets think this one through. how hard was that hit? hmm.. here comes another one, lets gauge their intent. We might loose an eye, but we need to make sure they're trying to do us permanent harm before we start defending ourselves"

If you want men to hold back their retaliation when they are assaulted, hold women to the same damn standards.

Heck actually scratch that. Its asking for too much. Who are we kidding, equal rights is code for more rights for women.

At the very least make it known to women that as initiators of violence they will be held accountable for it.

If we can get that, then sure. We will let girls whale on us until someone separates us. But the girl is not going to get away with it.
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-07-10 18:04:42
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Mosingynist?

Had to. Carry on.

I'll go make an alt account!!!!

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Don't look now Mosin but you've become a mysogynist.

if that makes me a mysogynist, so be it.
By Blazed1979 2013-07-10 18:07:05
Link | Citer | R

Corres topic banned lol... what'd he do?

Aggression law:
http://www.stopvaw.org/determining_the_predominant_aggressor
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-07-10 18:07:13
Link | Citer | R

I have been in a fight before... It's called self control... just because you don't seem to have any doesn't mean the rest of us don't... I mean look at the guy in that video posted just one page back... that girl was wailing on him and he just walked away... it's not difficult... unless you're in actual danger that is...

Again, I'm not saying you should be punished but in many cases the problem can be solved without more violence... restraint even..

Also, let's be clear that women aren't always the only ones to get away with things like this... there have been plenty of times where it comes down to a he said she said situation... guy beats ***out of girl... girl can't prove it was he who did it... guy walks away...
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: khrnos
By Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos 2013-07-10 18:08:46
Link | Citer | R

Not really sure who that is but I can say for sure that I would never laugh off what Kieu did or could I imagine any other guy would at least... Thats *** up...

This is what I was referring to:
YouTube Video Placeholder

Only women here.

And then there's also the many jokes people made in various forums and comment sections. Whether male or female, I can't really say for certain but most likely both. But just goes to show how seriously men's issues are taken.
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-07-10 18:11:51
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-07-10 18:13:59
Link | Citer | R

Blazed1979 said: »
Heck actually scratch that. Its asking for too much. Who are we kidding, equal rights is code for more rights for women.

Modern feminism!
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-07-10 18:14:32
Link | Citer | R

I'd say you're oversimplifying. She got life in prison for that.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2013-07-10 18:15:05
Link | Citer | R

I have been in a fight before... It's called self control... just because you don't seem to have any doesn't mean the rest of us don't... I mean look at the guy in that video posted just one page back... that girl was wailing on him and he just walked away... it's not difficult... unless you're in actual danger that is...

Again, I'm not saying you should be punished but in many cases the problem can be solved without more violence... restraint even..

Also, let's be clear that women aren't always the only ones to get away with things like this... there have been plenty of times where it comes down to a he said she said situation... guy beats ***out of girl... girl can't prove it was he who did it... guy walks away...

People getting away with things is more to do with the judiciary process and requirements for conviction. Its a separate argument.
Its also not isolated to violent crimes, domestic violence. Its across the entire justice system.

I have plenty of self control. I have to. I'm 6'2 and a history of competing in grappling.
Does that mean someone has the right to come up to me, male or female, and assault me or any other male/female who is physically intimidating?

I also have a wife, a sister and a mother. Never laid a hand on any of them or would ever have the reason to because I wouldn't bring someone like Rihana into my life.

But If some crazy female or male ever assaults me, yes I will make sure to put them down and disarm them of any ability to do further harm.
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-07-10 18:16:57
Link | Citer | R

Oh my Sharon Osbourne... I will say though that the chick who guest starred on Big Bang did try to talk it down a bit... but damn Sharon Osbourne... wtf...

The opening and closing text doesn't really say much about us either though... Why wouldn't we care about those things?

Edit: Barring some crazy persons opinion on the topic... was she convicted and how much time did she get?
By Blazed1979 2013-07-10 18:19:14
Link | Citer | R

This is what I was referring to:
YouTube Video Placeholder

Only women here.

And then there's also the many jokes people made in various forums and comment sections. Whether male or female, I can't really say for certain but most likely both. But just goes to show how seriously men's issues are taken.

dafuq..this is mainstream media too ...
***is out of control
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-07-10 18:19:23
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
...because there is no other reason a woman could be crying but for the fact I must have been abusing her and making her a victim of domestic violence? Statistically the chance that I had hit that particular morning was virtually non existent. It doesn't matter that violent crime has decreased over the last few decades, nor does it matter that DV happens more to poor people and black women more than any other statistical group.

Women is crying = man is abusing her.

It didn't matter that she didn't have any visible marks, he didn't just ask it she was alright, he specifically thought I was violent to her and only asked about that.

Of course its modern feminism, of course its political correctness. He took one look at me and concluded I was her worst nightmare.
It's prejudiced, of course. Likely a result of witnessing the same seemingly sketchy situation on a regular basis. But it's not a result of feminism just because men are unfairly treated in that situation.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2013-07-10 18:20:55
Link | Citer | R

Oh my Sharon Osbourne... I will say though that the chick who guest starred on Big Bang did try to talk it down a bit... but damn Sharon Osbourne... wtf...

The opening and closing text doesn't really say much about us either though... Why wouldn't we care about those things?

Edit: Barring some crazy persons opinion on the topic... was she convicted and how much time did she get?

If a man had mutilated his wife's breasts for filing a divorce, and John Stewart joked about it on the daily show:

1. He would be taken off air
2. Have to go on public television and apologize
3. Pay a heft fine
4. Never hear the end of it from Feminist groups.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-07-10 18:22:11
Link | Citer | R

People getting away with things is more to do with the judiciary process and requirements for conviction. Its a separate argument.
Its also not isolated to violent crimes, domestic violence. Its across the entire justice system.

I have plenty of self control. I have to. I'm 6'2 and a history of competing in grappling.
Does that mean someone has the right to come up to me, male or female, and assault me or any other male/female who is physically intimidating?

I also have a wife, a sister and a mother. Never laid a hand on any of them or would ever have the reason to because I wouldn't bring someone like Rihana into my life.

But If some crazy female or male ever assaults me, yes I will make sure to put them down and disarm them of any ability to do further harm.
If you can't stop yourself from "slapping a ***" that you could easily put down or are under the impression that our nature is one to respond to violence with violence and that our brains shut down in the process then I would wonder about your self control...
[+]
By Blazed1979 2013-07-10 18:25:33
Link | Citer | R

If you can't stop yourself from "slapping a ***" that you could easily put down or are under the impression that our nature is one to respond to violence with violence and that our brains shut down in the process then I would wonder about your self control...

why are you putting "slapping a ***" in quotation marks while quoting me. Please don't misquote me. Where did I say that?
I haven't refereed to women as "***" nor have I described what my physical retaliation would be, nor the bodily effects of it.

You're projecting.
By Thunderz 2013-07-10 18:25:58
Link | Citer | R

Whats the point of this conversation if your a guy you will lose anyways
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-07-10 18:28:11
Link | Citer | R

Thunderz said: »
I guess the only solution is killing yourself.
[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-10 18:28:58
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Thunderz said: »
I guess the only solution is killing yourself.
Or have your wife do it for you.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-07-10 18:29:53
Link | Citer | R

That would really stick it to her.
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-07-10 18:30:07
Link | Citer | R

If a man had mutilated his wife's breasts for filing a divorce, and John Stewart joked about it on the daily show:

1. He would be taken off air
2. Have to go on public television and apologize
3. Pay a heft fine
4. Never hear the end of it from Feminist groups.
As well he should if that were the case. John Stewart and his writers are far more intelligent than that.

As far as I can tell the show was never aired, and the there was backlash from the leaked video.

Perhaps they deserved stronger sanctions but that's not because there is some institutionalized desire to mutilate male genitalia in the US.
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-10 18:30:14
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
That would really stick it to her.
THAT ***!
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 23 24 25