Recovering A Lost Password?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » recovering a lost password?
recovering a lost password?
 Asura.Ziggeraut
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ziggeraut 2009-07-07 23:42:41
Link | Citer | R

Hello everyone, i'll try to make this short and to the point:

I quit playing ffxi back in september 2007 and around 5 months later, i let a friend use the account
he changed the password, address, email, phone number, and credit card number on the account but left the original owner's name and bday (meaning my name and my birthday)

so last month i decided to ask him if i could have my account back, and he said he shared the account with one of his friends who changed AND lost the password cause they both quit playing the account 3 months prior to when i asked for it back.

the third person wasn't being corporative and wouldn't give his info that he changed it too,

I did do a IM chat with an GM and all my old info was wrong, but the name and birthday are still mine (and reg codes)

so my question is, is there anyway i could retrieve my account by just proving that I am the person whose name is on the account? Like an identification check of some sort?

answers are appreciated, thanks :D
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-07-07 23:44:24
Link | Citer | R

All you need is your original registration codes.

Make sure you have all your info from before, they may ask you to send in proof but that's up to POL when you call them.
 Asura.Ziggeraut
By Asura.Ziggeraut 2009-07-08 00:29:23
Link | Citer | R

i have the registration codes (for POL and all the expansions) but that wasnt enough for them

i also tried to give them the info that was on the account for the three years that i played from beginning to end, and they wouldnt accept it

so thats why i asked about the identification check, only real way to prove i am the original i guess

i didnt really fight with them about it, maybe i have to ask more questions and ask for more possible ways to prove im the owner
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-07-08 00:42:02
Link | Citer | R

From my understanding, the data you need is from when you ORIGINALLY signed up. If you livechat with a GM via playonline.com, you do not NEED the codes only. You need your DoB, codes, address, phone number, name, and a few other things. There is a list of like 10 they ask for; only seven or so are needed to "meet" their criteria. When you talk with the POL rep, feel free to ask questions like "It was a long time ago. Does the address start with 456 or 808? I moved a few times." Which is true, and more than likely they will answer you yes.

Like I said, from what I understand it was whoever ORIGANALLY INPUT the data to start POL to begin with; try your oldddddd address, phone number, whoever's name started the account, etc.
 Asura.Ziggeraut
By Asura.Ziggeraut 2009-07-08 01:16:40
Link | Citer | R

alright i'll try giving all the original info from the start to them
i never changed the info for the three years i played including the credit card

and since my friend doesn't use the account anymore, i could say that it was stolen, but i'd hate to lie though

i'll see how it goes
 Leviathan.Cymmina
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Cymmina
By Leviathan.Cymmina 2009-07-08 13:11:26
Link | Citer | R

I have had to ask for password resets twice over the chat helpdesk. The first time, the accounts had been inactive for ~3 years, the second time was when the security tokens arrived and the password had been forgotten.

One of the two accounts had completely bogus info from the time it was created (John Doe, 1234 Anystreet, California, 90210, etc). I didn't fill out the info, so I had to guess. I was asked for the number/billing info for the credit card that the account was created with durring the first reset.

Like Eternaltriumph said, they require X number of details to be correct out of the Y number of items they'll ask for.
 Asura.Ziggeraut
By Asura.Ziggeraut 2009-07-09 13:15:48
Link | Citer | R

thank you everyone for your help
i got my account back :]
i think the question that won it over was "when did you first register your PoL account? month and year"
i got that right after some other small questions and my password was reset ^^
thank you again!